BFG

BFG Employer Reviews

Lot of travel
Mobile Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: no job security
The job that i had as a Field Guide was a fantastic experience. The company, however, is incompetent. They couldn't even balance the budget for the program every year which lead to a complete lack of job security.
BFG
Training (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2014
I enjoyed my time with BFG. the people who made the job the most enjoyable!
Horrendous Upper Management
Planner (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: an income
Cons: everything else
The upper management team is inept! They pick favorites and groom people to reflect their needs. Their work ethic is non existent., What a shame. ..I was embarrassed to be associated with these people;. It is a carnival act. And forget about OSHA compliance...be ready to be poisoned!
Poorly managed company.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCJuly 29, 2014
Inexperienced upper management. Micro-manages employees. A great deal of finger pointing among groups. No collaboration.
Creative Environment
Program Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2014
Company has a very open mind. They embrace creativity and welcome everyone's ideas and thoughts.
Great place for a young person to work
BA (Former Employee), Austin, TexasApril 25, 2014
Cons: great money
Its hard to advance in the office I word out of. I was number one for about a year in sales and I just keep getting passed over.
Nightlife job
Brand ambassador (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low hours
Get to work at great bars and night clubs. Meet really great people. Co workers are great all very down to earth kind of people.
Decent starter job.
Market Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 13, 2014
Pros: laid back enviroment.
Cons: very little chance for upward mobility.
Tons of administrative and field work. Management of a very young staff. Upper management can be disconnected and unorganized.
Great place to be.
SMALL BUSINESS OWNER (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 3, 2014
Outstanding environment! Great place to grow with wonderful business partners.
Great marketing firm
Field Agent (Former Employee), Mercer Island, WAMarch 4, 2014
Worked well with both other employees and managers. Meetings every week were concise and informative.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: paid mileage and meetings, were able to be creative and be yourself, was the 1st in the jax team to be promoted !
Cons: lot's of long drives to unfamiliar areas at times, that didn't always seem real safe at late hours of the night
Working with BFG was the best work experience of my life! I miss that job and would still be with them if it wasn't for an unexpected market closure in the Jacksonville market laying off our whole team.
I was there for a little over 2 years. Before joining the team I use to always see the team members out at all the hot spots around town and take advantage of all their awesome freebies and giveaways, then realized I would be a perfect fit for the job myself, so I applied and got hired right away!
The job started out with a nice pay of $14.75hr Plus milage with very flexible hours and short shifts, then after a few raises and a promotion I ended with making $16.25hr.. You had the option to work a second job or go to school if you chose, but the pay was so good you didn't have to work two jobs. There was always something fun and creative going on. We had the best team and managers, which many of us are still in touch. We always had lots of fun promoting and doing the events all around town. I really hope for the possibility of one day the market reopening back in the Jax market and me getting my job as Brand Ambassador back, or finding something else similar to it.
Great people, good fun, awesome events
Field Agent/Eco Tour (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Nothing bad to say, the $ was right, plus I always enjoyed the people I was around. Have a good attitude, keep your head up, do what's expected of you, take advice from management, let your personality shine, make friends, BFG will take care of you and you will get recognition.
Go out at night and talk to cool people
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good coupons for tobacco products
Cons: part time job, no health
If you like the night life and talking to people this would be the job for you....
Bait and switch company.
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2013
I was offered a regional program and took a pay cut to stay home. Next thing you know, I'm on tour again making less money with way to much red tape. Very confusing company to work for.
Cool Job
Field Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: late nights
Going to bars and clubs is a great job. You meet all kinds of people from different walks of life. I learned how to talk your way into a sale. My workers were competitive which gives it a bit of thrill. The hardest part of the job was late nights. The best part of the job was the people I met and the connections I made.
high speed job with lots of fun people and always outside
Head Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 12, 2013
each day would be fun with the new people we would interact with on a daily basis.
Good company to work for, but not for extended periods of time.
Certified Field Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 7, 2013
Pros: high hourly wage
Cons: inconsistent hours, undesirable venues, inconsistent management.
Overall, I look back fondly on my time with BFG. But like with every large company they have some kinks and issues that need to be worked out. I wasn't pleased with the scheduling or management, which are the main reasons I left the company after almost 2 years of loyal employment.
Sure, if burnout is your goal
Interactive (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCApril 16, 2013
Pros: the only pro is a great group of co-workers, but with the constant turn-over and oppressive conditions the best people don't stay long.
Cons: see review.
The culture here is toxic. The people in charge don't respect the employees and it shows in turnover. It's a shame that they hire a lot of talented designers and developers at a young age and instead of helping them grow and supporting a high standard of work, they push until they burnout. There is no work-life balance, and if you're married, you won't stay that way. Expect 10-12 hour days, nights, weekends, and even more hours if you are a developer. They pay well below the industry standard and if you don't negotiate the salary before you are hired, they will not give you the raise you have earned - even if you get it in writing. They bank on relocating you to a part of the country where it is hard to find another job. The people in management are poor mentors who are not qualified to lead. The ego is astounding. This should be your last choice in an employer.
Fun atmosphere for the right candidate
Market Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2013
BFG is s fun and exciting place to be for the right candidate. Those that are best suited are people who are looking at a first career, or who live in the nightlife/entertainment world.
Great paying part time position
Field Agent (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: no benefits or advancement
BFG offers great paying part time position for brand ambassadors.

Represent different clients at events or venues. Great if you are very social and enjoy meeting new people and building networks.

About BFG

BFG Communications is an independent, creative communications agency that delivers seamless storytelling and consumer insights – Read more

BFG Salaries