This position is a component of BHI's Operations Team and reports directly to the area Vice President (VP). Incumbent will serves as a coordination link between the assigned area operations, area Vice Presidents (VPs) and the Corporate office. A full range of responsibilities include but are not limited to: planning, directing, and coordinating activities for the assigned area while maintaining a smooth workflow between departments. Continually participate in ongoing efforts to enhance customer satisfaction, company profit and personal job mastery. All jobs shall be conducted in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
o Facility Management
- Inspect entire area fleet, create findings report and distribute to area VP and Fleet Manager once each quarter.
- Coordinate service and repairs for fleet between employee, vendor and Fleet Manager.
- Purchase and track all BHI provided tools in designated area.
- Manage, oversee, track (i.e. spreadsheet), and inspect local area BHI provided tools.
- Inspect all tools in your assigned area, create findings report and distribute to area VP and Quality Manager once each quarter.
- Maintain the local office and yard in a neat and professional manor.
- Manage, track (i.e. spread sheet for all local BHI owned apartments) and maintain all BHI housing in designated area.
- Inspect each area BHI apartment, create findings report and distribute to area VP once each quarter.
- Ensure that the necessary resources are provided for accurate and effective operations.
- Ensure that all electrical licensing requirements for individuals within your area are up to date, active, and current.
- Ensure that all required permits are being pulled for the work that is taking place within your area. This includes but is not limited to electrical, local, state, DOT permits etc.
o Coordinated Management Efforts
- Ensure effective communication between area trades.
- Ensure effective communication to applicable corporate departments.
- Work hand in hand with all groups to create synergy in workplace.
- Work hand in hand with the area VPs and front line management on issues pertaining but not limited to:
Managing day to day operation logistics, scheduling and coordination of work
Ensuring relationships with area customers are thriving and healthy
Serving as the area management representative for BHI to customers, public, etc.
Work with Area VP’s and Business Development group in locating and developing new business opportunities
- Work hand in hand with the General Manager on issues pertaining but not limited to:
Ensuring that all necessary area business permits and licenses are acquired
Coordination for advertising opportunities, press and venues (refer all public statements to the General Manager)
- Work hand in hand with Quality on issues pertaining to quality and customer satisfaction, including but not limited to:
Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and subcontractors
Audit completed contracts for compliance
Aide in the distribution and collection of customer satisfaction surveys
- Work hand in hand with Human Resources on issues pertaining to employees, including but not limited to:
Motivate and value each subordinate as you coach, mentor and enable him/her to attain both personal and organizational goals
Develop staff to maximize potential
Determine and assess the need for additional personnel
Oversee area job interviewing and hiring; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within all direct reports
Oversee the management of employee relations
- Work hand in hand with Accounts Receivable on issues pertaining to billing, including but not limited to:
Ensure all crew time entry is accurately reported each week
Help in management of all area invoicing as needed
- Work hand in hand with IT in making sure all IT equipment in assigned area is functioning properly.
- Inspect all computers and items assigned out from IT bi-annually, create findings report and distribute to area VP and General Manager, and IT Manager bi-annually.
- Work hand in hand with Safety on issues pertaining but not limited to property damage and accidents.
o Adhere always to BHI core values and policies.
o Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications, as applicable.
Perform any other duties or assignments as BHI Management deems necessary.
Education: Bachelor in business management/administration or construction management is preferred plus relevant field experience will be required. College graduate or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in business, personnel, and project management. Information Technology and Safety knowledge preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid CDL Driver’s License with Class A combination, and air brakes.
Skills/Equipment: Able to communicate effectively (i.e. reading, writing, speaking) in the English language. Proficiency with office computer equipment and software required.
Personal Traits/Values: Honest, Professional, Competent, Organized, Pay Attention to Detail, Dependable, Thorough, Team Oriented, Safety Conscious, Strong Work Ethic, Self-Driven with minimal or no supervision.
- A solid understanding of all regional construction trades and project management.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise team.
- Effective problem - solving and mediation skills.
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
- Demonstrated ability to multi - task and work in a fast - paced office setting.
- Possess a safe driving record.
- Able to obtain a DOT Medical card and keep it current throughout employment.
- Able to comply with/pass the BHI ‘Fit for Duty’ Program.
- Competent documentation skills.
- Must be willing to relocate to within area that you are managing and in close proximity to the BHI office in the area.
Both mental and physical labors are a part of this job. Working conditions will be indoor and outdoor and the job may be subject to extreme weather conditions. Light to moderate travel will be a part of this job.
Salary range $70,000.00 - $85,000.00