Bhi Employee Reviews

Wrongful termination...
Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 12, 2015
I have been in the oilfield for twenty five years, I have been through six slow periods, they seem to happen about every 4-6 years. and because I left my last company. I was put at the top of the list for the RIF. Experience had nothing to do with it, just time with the company. I am a little bitter about that. saw BHI place 5 persons the week before I was let go.
Baker needs to spend some money on their equipment. It usually takes 2 or 3 days to work the bugs out then everything from there goes as planned. This is managements problem, there are persons in positions that have no reason to be in those positions. The hands really tried to be successful but without the backing of the yard, they didn't stand a chance to be good. the hardest part of the job was watching a frac crew struggle because of managements decisions.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping these young men and women develop into a cohesive unit and successfully finish an assigned job..
Pros
Good people
Cons
Equpment needs TLC
This was an ok company to work for.
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTOctober 25, 2015
This company was a good company to work for, but there was room for improvement. The workers were just a number. The owners just cared about money. As a worker I worked as hard as I could to help build the company. I liked the people I worked with.
Pros
We would work four, ten hour days.
Cons
Bad politics
Great place to work and pleasant enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCOctober 5, 2015
An Average day were Answering phones, edit resumes for Client's
Filing & Assemble Training Manual. Purging files we save to storing unit & this process was scanned files for storing. We Mailed out employees contract.

Management was great leaders

Co-workers were easy to work with.

There was no hard parts

The most enjoyable part was our boss always made sure we were ok. he would even treat us on Friday, by providing lunch.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Downsizing after merging
Excellant Company to work for
Machinist/Toolmaker (Former Employee) –  St.Lucie Nuclear PlantSeptember 3, 2015
A Company that does what they say and respects their Employees, good pay, professional attitudes and great crews willing to do whatever it takes to do the job correctly
Pros
Overall well balanced Company
Cons
N/A
Average contract company working for a large AE company who was working for the client
Procurement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNAugust 14, 2015
A typical day included getting a requisition of what is requested for procurement with the item not being adequately identified with no design output document or end use identified.

In order to resolve these problems, you had to talk to various individuals to determine what is really required and why it is required and get a design output document which specifies this component for a specific application. You then need to determine if the item was safety related or non-safety related and what quality and technical requirements needed to be imposed on the item based on the end use application including applicable code requirements, if appropriate.

The best part of the job was starting from not having a complete input to producing and outstanding technical and quality document.
Pros
You learn alot from the problems you resolve
Cons
You do extra work because the information provided to you on the front end is wrong or incomplete
Good group of people to work with
Electrician (Current Employee) –  ElectricianJuly 26, 2015
I have enjoyed the environment, decent leadership and fair communication. Pay was decent but benefits not very good. Quality of work extremely high and time management a little slow.
Pros
good individuals to work with
Cons
no breaks, location of jobs
very busy workplace
Resource Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 7, 2015
The company as a whole was ok. A typical day at work was busy. We would do groups on a daily basis .I learned about different people from all walks of life
Haed working good enviroment
Operator/Electrical (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed working there. Lots of civil and electrical work. Heavy equipment operation, Load and unload dirt, Set up trandformers
productive,veryinformative
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTMarch 7, 2015
Great people to work with! Had the tools and equipment to use for the task at hand. Had field support to complete job that was assigned.
benefits
Cons
not in home state
Great Training
AOV Technician/General Valve Tech (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCDecember 3, 2014
Valve Maintenance in the Nuclear Industry with high degree of emphasis on safety.
Good job if the people running things didn't bring in people that don't know how to do the job they were hired for.
Scaffold Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cooper Nuclear StationNovember 18, 2014
Building scaffold is a very physical job. Sometimes it takes a good imagination to figure out some of the things we have to build to.
Pros
good coworkers for the most part.
Cons
no insurance and we are the lowest paid and hardest working craft.
Summary of BHI
Tower Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Fast paced company with competitive pay, excellent for someone who likes to travel not a fit job for someone with a family. Majority of work is contracted through oil and gas company's.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
travel and job security
Fast Paced Work Environment & Productive
Insurance Verification Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help patients get there prior authorizations so they can do there exams. I worked in a fast pace work environment and i think the hardest part of the job is when you see a patient that is terminally ill but that also goes with the territory and when you are in the medical field its very important to be able to separate yourself from getting too attached especially when you have a patient that becomes deceased.
Pros
helping people
Cons
my experience at bhi/lhr were really good, there is honestly no cons that i can think of.
A learning Enviroment
Laborer/Operaror (Former Employee) –  Anthony, KSDecember 27, 2013
They are a company out of Utah basically a family company very nurturing and helpful company. They gave me opportunities to grow advance and learn different skill/ trades.
Pros
friendly enviroment honest people
Cons
not many advancements
Good Company, fair pay
Marketing Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  californiaOctober 18, 2013
Good company, fair pay. Employees try their best. Management is fair.
Pros
decent pay, low stress if you know what you're doing
Cons
too many underexperienced employees, means more work for those of us of who've been around for a while
If your willing to work 70+ hours a week without weeks off, then this is the place for you.
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDApril 6, 2013
It's the most money I've ever made, but that's because it's the most hours I've ever worked, week in and week out. There is opportunity here, just probably not long term. Not that you can't make it work long term, just that those who do, or have, are on their 3rd, 4th, 5th divorce, have drinking problems, and still get paid the same as the guys they're training. You can make great money here.. at a cost.
Pros
much overtime
Cons
low hourly pay, lack of any management pressence.
Fast Paced Environment
HR Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2013
Work in small teams on-boarding employees. Producing offer letters, processing background checks, drug screens, and relocations when applicable.
Pros
unparralled entry-level experience
Cons
lack of work like balance.
Company has good goals but bad management.
System Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day at working is taking incoming calls that come into the technical assistance center at the office. I troubleshoot and resolve complex networking issues that customer call in about. I have learned to be calm when customer are unhappy when their equipment does not work, I have learned to speak to people who have no idea what computers are and explain to them how it works in a manner in which they understand,

The management at the company does not take care of their core employees. They push us to the brink of exhaustion everyday and make it as stressful as possible.

The counter to this is the people around me that i work with, The company has a great support team and we all work together to get everything done on a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job is to talk to people who do not understand what computers are or the internet, The other hardest part of the job is explaining to managers and CEO's of companies how and why they are not PCI complaint.

Best part of the job is to hear what people think of my abilities as a technician. I love to have feed back on how i am doing and how i can become a better technician in this field.
Pros
long lunch breaks, flexible schedule, and doughnuts every friday.
Cons
highly stressful and understaffed. underpaid for the position and no room for advancement.