BHI Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Fun Environment
Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2017
The job was enjoyable and I learned a lot of new things. Some times the job could be crazy as it was a small IT staff that had to handle everything for the company.
Great
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work and the people were wonderful. Very family oriented and treats employees with respect and empathy. Enjoyed working for this company.
Stress free and wonderful environment to work
Banking Intern/ Temp (Cash Management) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2017
It a calm and stress free working environment with very supportive and friendly co-workers and managers. Working here has provided me knowledge and skill about corporate working environment.
terrible management
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 18, 2017
BHI was a terrible place to work, you never know for sure when your supposed to come into work because even when the supervisor told you a time he would often show up 30min-1hour late and then not know what was going on that day.
I was paid on time and accurately.
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJuly 1, 2017
No problems with BHI during my brief tenure. I was not there long enough to accrue any holiday pay or benefits. I would work for them again if the occasion ever arises.
Good money.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTMay 2, 2017
Wake up before the sun, go to work, stretch, safety meeting, work tell lunch, half our break. Put in my 10 hours, then go home. Hardest part of the job was communicating with other employees, not a lot of English spoken.
good company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lamesa, TXMarch 30, 2017
good company to work for, employee owned and very squared away as far as quality of work performed for customers. very much enjoyed my time working for BHI.
good
HP/RP Administration (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2017
a decent company but small and you have to know someone on a personal level to get jobs, they have good ratings and are decent to work for if you can get the work.
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTJune 12, 2016
I love work at BHI there are not so much pressure about the job.
The owner treat employee like family. The hardest part of the job was the upper management didn't ask clerk opinion when they want to change some work flow, which sometimes it's not easy for us.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
It's not easy to grow, except if you close to the upper management
One of the lowest paying construction companies there are out there
Former journeyman (Former Employee) –  New Town, NDJune 12, 2016
The work was typical oil field work , but the fireman's, so called , have never stumbled into MC-HL cable , in there supposed had 8 years in the trade. Also , foreman brought in a lot of his apprentice buddies from Colorado that didn't know anything . They Didn't care about journeyman that actually are well rounded & have been around. The foreman tried to intimidate people with his size , but mental capacity was very small.
Pros
???, im sure there are some, for the management
Cons
Buddie, buddie & mentally challenged

Want to know more about BHI?

Ask a question
great company to work for
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMay 12, 2016
Going out to drill rig and pumping cement. Learning how to rig up, run the pump, and the bulk truck. Working together with a group of guys to get the job done.
Pros
money, insurence
This is a great company to work for and try there hardest to take care of there employees.
Journeyman Electrician/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 3, 2016
This is a company that's well established in a few different States and will relocate your family if possible rather than a layoff.
Enjoy working with AEP. No growth for me here. Job secrurity is unstable.
Site Construction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fulton, ARFebruary 3, 2016
Construction managment and coordination of contractors and the work.
Always ongoing
Enjoy it
Construction follow ups and tracking.
Completion of a job. Bonus
Wrongful termination...
Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 12, 2015
I have been in the oilfield for twenty five years, I have been through six slow periods, they seem to happen about every 4-6 years. and because I left my last company. I was put at the top of the list for the RIF. Experience had nothing to do with it, just time with the company. I am a little bitter about that. saw BHI place 5 persons the week before I was let go.
Baker needs to spend some money on their equipment. It usually takes 2 or 3 days to work the bugs out then everything from there goes as planned. This is managements problem, there are persons in positions that have no reason to be in those positions. The hands really tried to be successful but without the backing of the yard, they didn't stand a chance to be good. the hardest part of the job was watching a frac crew struggle because of managements decisions.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping these young men and women develop into a cohesive unit and successfully finish an assigned job..
Pros
Good people
Cons
Equpment needs TLC
This was an ok company to work for.
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTOctober 25, 2015
This company was a good company to work for, but there was room for improvement. The workers were just a number. The owners just cared about money. As a worker I worked as hard as I could to help build the company. I liked the people I worked with.
Pros
We would work four, ten hour days.
Cons
Bad politics
Great place to work and pleasant enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCOctober 5, 2015
An Average day were Answering phones, edit resumes for Client's
Filing & Assemble Training Manual. Purging files we save to storing unit & this process was scanned files for storing. We Mailed out employees contract.

Management was great leaders

Co-workers were easy to work with.

There was no hard parts

The most enjoyable part was our boss always made sure we were ok. he would even treat us on Friday, by providing lunch.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Downsizing after merging
Excellant Company to work for
Machinist/Toolmaker (Former Employee) –  St.Lucie Nuclear PlantSeptember 3, 2015
A Company that does what they say and respects their Employees, good pay, professional attitudes and great crews willing to do whatever it takes to do the job correctly
Pros
Overall well balanced Company
Cons
N/a
Average contract company working for a large AE company who was working for the client
Procurement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNAugust 14, 2015
A typical day included getting a requisition of what is requested for procurement with the item not being adequately identified with no design output document or end use identified.

In order to resolve these problems, you had to talk to various individuals to determine what is really required and why it is required and get a design output document which specifies this component for a specific application. You then need to determine if the item was safety related or non-safety related and what quality and technical requirements needed to be imposed on the item based on the end use application including applicable code requirements, if appropriate.

The best part of the job was starting from not having a complete input to producing and outstanding technical and quality document.
Pros
You learn alot from the problems you resolve
Cons
You do extra work because the information provided to you on the front end is wrong or incomplete
Good group of people to work with
Electrician (Current Employee) –  ElectricianJuly 26, 2015
I have enjoyed the environment, decent leadership and fair communication. Pay was decent but benefits not very good. Quality of work extremely high and time management a little slow.
Pros
good individuals to work with
Cons
no breaks, location of jobs
very busy workplace
Resource Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 7, 2015
The company as a whole was ok. A typical day at work was busy. We would do groups on a daily basis .I learned about different people from all walks of life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BHI. Our community is ready to answer.