BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with cheap lunches.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2015
Nice company with $2.00 lunches and free parking. Nice co-workers and supervisors were cool. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Excellent company
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING ANALYST (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Excellent working environment
Cons: None
Greatly enjoyed my work and time there. Great people to work with. Work was challenging and interesting. Enjoyed my supervisors. I love to work so they kept me busy. Received superior job performance evaluations for my work there.
Working for BHP has been a great opportunity, one that has allowed me to learn and grow as a Safety Professional
Health and Safety Representative - Field Safety (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Strong safety culture
Cons: Downturn in the industry required a reduction in staff.
My current role as a field safety specialist allows me to be in the field providing safety support to our Production & Construction teams.
Good benefits
Process Engineer, Shenzi Tension Leg Platform (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2015
The benefits are great and they do have a nice cafeteria inside the building. This helps with not having to leave the workplace for lunch.
Nice Place to work
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 20, 2015
Great benefits, great management. accommodations for remote work not good at all. would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind living from hotel to hotel
Best job I have had in years
EHS Rig Specialist (Consultant) -Plaster and Wald (Former Employee), Tilden TexasJune 12, 2015
Pros: Good training and great work atmosphere.
Cons: Down turn in drilling due to Oil prices.
Good personnel and co-workers to work with, great safety practice.
Typical work day consisted of 12 to 14 hours.
Management was supportive.
Great helpful co-workers.
Getting contractors to buy into our safety culture.
Working outside in the wide open country, able to breath and do something that was gratifying.
Great place to work. Ever changing working and people environment.
Completions Clerk/Rig Clerk (Former Employee), Eagle Ford, TXMay 24, 2015
Long days, fun, interesting places. Great people to work with. Ever changing environment, situations. Challenging changes every day. Never a dull moment!
The Best company to work for.
Purchasing Administrator (Current Employee), Houston,TexasMay 24, 2015
Pros: 2 dollars lunches, 4 weeks vacation
Cons: Very intense to meet KPI, Lots of work.
Team oriented, Flexible hours 9/80 /schedule, on going training classes for the company and individual needs. The hardest part of the job is meeting KPI, You work very hard, but the rewards and efforts are noticed.
A great place to work, takes a long time to get employed with them
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2015
bhp billiton is the best Petroleum Company that I have worked at. Work was good, if you need something in the field you got it. Management took care of you. Hardest part was the reports, they had reports on top of reports, but it was still good. The people you worked with was the best, everybody looked after each other.
Great team atmosphere, great work schedule, beautiful scenery.
HSE Specialist (Current Employee), Gulf of MexicoApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good salary, great team, safe environment
Cons: None
Working a 14/14 rotation offshore has its perks. I work 12 hour shifts and have ample time to play darts, fish, and play guitars after hours. The group of workmates are dedicated and a pleasure to work with. We are like a huge family out here. The hardest part of the job is the absence from home and family. Doing what you love to do and getting paid for it is the ultimate job. What I enjoy most about the job is being able to help others to work safer, teaching them ways to recognize hazards and to plan for safer outcomes.
The worst work experience of my career
Superintendent of Production Planning (Former Employee), Miami, AZApril 22, 2015
Pros: People were dedicated despite upper management.
Cons: Upper management was beyond terrible with no mining experience.
While there are many fine folks within the giant mechanism called BHP, if it were the last mining company on earth and I was offered an unbelievable salary, I would change my career. I was not terminated, but left voluntarily. The mine where I worked was the most poorly run mine in which I have ever worked.
This Company is forward thinking while moving toward a high technical state of mind.
Engineering Technical Writer (Former Employee), Miami, AZApril 21, 2015
Pros: The best Benefits ever
Cons: Management needs more training
This Company is focused on growth and update making the a very competitive company in the Mining industries', they have the best benefits I have ever seen including great training opportunities.
Great company, going through a lot of changes many unknowns
IM Business Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2015
Very lean staff. Juggle many projects and responsibilities. Not able to complete everything as effeciently as I would like. Many processes that bury things
Great company
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Tilden, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great safety coulture
Cons: remote locations
Typical day of work involved driving from location to location, performing audits and submitting reports. The best part of the day was talking to people from different walks of life every one of us working towards the same goal.
What I Learned
Operational and Logistic Coordinator/Rig Clerk (Current Employee), HOUSTON, TXMarch 27, 2015
I learned a lot of how a land rig functions. Not only how a well is
drilled but also the operations part of the job that keeps
everything running smoothly.
Professional Company
Regulatory Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 16, 2015
Stellar company to work for that believe and follow their Charter Values.
I have worked for BHP for four years. I find it has many qualified and competent workers. I have had an enjoyable time while employed the benefits are remarkable. They are strongly focused on business and safety.
Great Company
Engineering Tech / Requisition Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 15, 2015
I learned a lot, a lot I had to learn on my own since I was not an accounting finance person. I was hired for Engineering Tech and was put in a position for accounting/finance/supply.
BHP Billiton Blackhawk Field
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee), South TexasMarch 10, 2015
Pros: steady work.
Cons: bhp billiton
I worked for BHP Billiton for two years in South Texas Blackhawk field. Started out real good, and went downhill pretty fast.
Develop a successful career
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Santiago, CHileMarch 6, 2015
Pros: good benefis
It not only a great place to work on any career, it is also a wonderful place to develop a successful career.

The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators in everything they do.
excellent for place for advancement
Finance Lead Financial Accounting (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2015
BHP Billiton provides a great job atmosphere for advancement and build a career, with excellent benefits and work life balance.

1 2 3 4

About BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Limited is a diversified natural resources company. The Company has businesses producing alumina and aluminum, copper, – Read more

BHP Billiton Salaries