BHP

BHP Employer Reviews

Project analyst to minimise locomotive delays due (Former Employee), Port Hedland, WAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: working in remote areas
Great place with good benefits, management was good and very supportive.
Mineral Exploration
Senior Geologist (Former Employee), San Francisco CAJune 7, 2013
BHP is the largest mining company in the world. Excellence in applying cutting edge science and deep experience in the financial judgement necessary to conduct a profitable enterprise of this size define it.
First full time job. Heavy industry, rotating shift work.
Operater (Former Employee), Newcastle NSWFebruary 22, 2012
BHP is a very large company and the department I worked in had forty people on a shift. We worked in a team environment and were multi skilled throughout all the processes
Fun workplace that keeps you on your toes.
security (Former Employee), leroy skJune 24, 2014
Pros: safest company to work for!
Amazing company to work for, very fair very concerned very safe! every person on site was nice and approachable, managent explained what why where when and how for any problem workers had.
enjoyed working for a huge mining company, great people great place!
BHP contractor (Former Employee), port hedlandFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: fly in fly out lifestyle
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed the work, driving the biggest trains in the world in certainly interesting. the company is great and the people are wonderful to deal with.
I enjoyed my time there however needed to quit to look after my two daughters.
ready again for the work force.
Enjoyed the balance of work and home life that a FIFO positions offers
Underground Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Leinster, WAFebruary 2, 2014
As an Underground Shift Supervisor with responsibility of 15 personnel and machinery was to ensure the safety of people and then to meet and exceed targets of production.
With 20 years of underground experience I have management to learn all aspects of mining and was always willing to learn from mentors to better myself.
I believe I was available to – more... my co-workers for any needs they had and for setting achievable KPI's. Getting along with my co-workers was important to me as I was working with them continually.
The hardest part of this role was sometimes to keep personnel focused on the target ahead.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to ensure all of us were safe and to achieve the targets set. – less
Enjoyed the balance of work and home life that a FIFO positions offers
Underground Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Leinster, WAFebruary 2, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK IN
Train Driver (Former Employee), Port Kembla, NSWDecember 9, 2013
Pros: easy to work on loco;s
Cons: hot slabs in shunts. but had to be done
FOUND TO BE A GOOD JOB AN SECURE FUTURE. ONLY TROUBLE WAS OUT OF DATE LOCO;S THEY NEEDED TO BE UPGRADED.
apprentice memories
Electrical Fitter Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee), Whyalla, SANovember 3, 2013
Pros: good pay and consitions
Cons: dirty and noisy
did my apprenticeship here over 30 years ago. it was a great learning experience
great camp facilities
dump truck operator (Former Employee), newman waMay 28, 2013
Pros: security and safe place
Cons: too far from home and family
great job .big open cut iron ore pit. good camp accomadation. nice people that work there
Actually working for a contractor building earthworks on BHP site... 4 weeks on 1 off which is too long no life!!
CW3 (Former Employee), Newman, OB24May 3, 2013
Pros: bbqs, rdo night
Cons: long stints 4 weeks on 1 off, not enough oportunity to learn new machines
Work was ok. Worked with fellow machine operators and laborers building rail formations,a conveyor pad, MSE wall Train Load out foundations and access roads etc. I learnt how to drive moxy's and dump trucks 773's aswell as learning on a dozer on this job. The supervisors for Thiess were pretty good and my fellow workers also was probably one of the – more... better jobs I have worked on but again too long away from home! Most enjoyable part...Ummm flying home. No seriously, when we accomplished/finished a part of the project is always good. Makes you feel like you accomplished something. – less
A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Excavator operator (Current Employee), Kalgoorlie W.ASeptember 25, 2012
Pros: 4 on 4 off roster
Cons: being a contractor
IT CAN GET BORING WHEN SOMETHING BRACKS DOWN BECAUSE IT STOPS EVERYTHING, THE COWORKERS ARE GOOD TO WORK WITH, I HAVE LERNT A LOT DIFFERENT MACHINE, OPERATING THE GRANULATOR IS THE HARDEST JOB IN THE CONVERTORS AREA,THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS WHEN EVERY THING GOS TO PLAN
Enjoyed project and construction with BHP
Construction Manager (Current Employee), MoranbahSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: positive outcome
Cons: rebellious nature of some personnel
I learned how to get on with people and extract the best out of personnel reporting to me
Management structure very professional and assisted where possible
Co-workers on project were very good competent people
Hardest part was to get EPCM to strive for the same outcomes
Most enjoyable was to see safe and positive outcomes
Great job
Supervisor (Former Employee), p hedlandAugust 22, 2012
Pros: good accomdation good food
Cons: 10hr days
Very clickey
Lot of goal seakers do anything for advance ment
Very challenging work environment with good career opportunities.
Mail room asst. Shutdown logistics administrator. (Former Employee), Olympic dam BHP Billiton, South AustraliaAugust 12, 2012
Pros: possibility of shared jobs
Daily sorting and delivery of post to all departments on site. Send emails, make phone calls to various customers to collect parcels, important documentation. Update customers lists and coordinate to supplier. Liaise with post office officers to distribute post accordingly.
Great Place to work
Trade Assitant (Current Employee), Porth HedlandMay 20, 2012
Pros: great bennefits with fifo
Cons: long hours
I found working at BHP and great a safe enviroment to work in, met alot of new people and the pay is fantastic.
productive & good job, and a nice big foxtel tv in the lunch room for staff enjoyment.
Billiton Yard Driver, Port Hedland (Former Employee), Nelson Point yard Port Hedland Pilbara W. A.May 7, 2012
Pros: good super scheme
Cons: nothing really
I book on for a 12 hour shift . Do a safe start meeting, I work in the yard , check operating notices and carry out assorted shunting jobs as allocated by the rail co ordinator.

How to carry out shunting and locomotive driving satisfactorily within the parameters of the rules and regulation and using a bit of initiative.

My co workers are very good – more... team and it is a privilege to work with them

There isn't one that I can think of.

The people I work with and the fly in /fly out aspect . – less