BI-LO, LLC

BI-LO, LLC Employee Reviews

Difficult management, little to no job training if you advance beyond cashier.
Clerk (Former Employee), Summerville, SCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good coworkers, potluck meals on big holidays.
Cons: hard to advance, expensive healthcare, bad management.
Management seemed to be the biggest problem. I had some managers that would treat you badly if your were friendly to the customers. Some were lazy, some were micromanagers. It was just a really difficult work environment. The customers and coworkers were very easy to get along with though.
n/a
FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: was on call on weekends
would go from store to store working on computers and regersters each day.
Great Place to work
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working with my team on a daily basis. Working at BI-LO allowed me to develop within a big box retailer.
Local supermarket
Benefits Generalist (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCJune 16, 2014
providing support for local supermarket chain by working with Benefits providers
Loved the job while it lasted, loved working with the other employees
IT Finance Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCJune 5, 2014
Pros: great job!!
Cons: did not last-ended after 2-1/2 years
I loved working at BI-LO while it lasted. The job ended for me on Dec. 25, 2013 due to the company merger. A lot of good people were laid off. I was a temporary employee there for 2 1/2 years. My manager and co-workers there were awesome and I learned a lot of new skills working there.
A great place to work for part time students
Assistant Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Clinton, SCMay 29, 2014
A typical day at work could include people not showing up for work and you being asked to do beyond your call of duty
I learned how to balance getting my job done and covering other positions work as well.
Management is not always reachable during different times.
the hardest part of the job is learning how to say no.
the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with a variety of people.
Productive workplace with much money handling
Cashier (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 19, 2014
Fast paced work place that included memorization and time management.
Customer Service
Head Bookkeeper and Person in Charge (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCMay 6, 2014
Provide customer service to customers who come in the store, bookkeeper reconciling money and daily deposits
Flexible and casual environment but yet fast paced and ever changing.
Sales and Marketing Accountant (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule and casual atmosphere, opportunities to work on various projects, benefits good, staff like family, volunteer opportunities in community events.
Cons: lower level staff not included in company bonus program even though they were integral part of team, overtime interfered with family life at times
Flexible and casual environment. Fast paced and ever changing projects due to nature of business but demands were tough at times. Staff like family and there for one another. Cross training available to allow for personal and professional growth. Job security was great until the last few years due to sale of company and relocation of corporate office to Jacksonville.
Good place
Director Training and Development (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 29, 2014
Not sure about the company now as they were merged with WD. But when I was there it is a good place to work.
Enjoyed keeping busy by multi-tasking and always learning new things
Data Entry Clerk/Category Team Assistant (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCApril 6, 2014
Pros: hours, the outside fun gatherings management would have for the employees.
Cons: couldn't get overtime
*Busy day at work, multi-tasking, interacting with management, vendors and customers.
*Learned importance of closing deals, increased profit margins, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
*My manager was awesome! He always encouraged the team to learn as much as possible.
*Enjoyed my co-workers inside and outside the company, each bringing something unique to the table.
*I really enjoyed when vendors would call and thank me for going the extra mile, getting their items set up quickly and also when customers would request items that were discontinued from the store; I had the vendor to send them a case of the product to the store or their home.
Bi-Lo is a mass grocery retailer
Customer Service (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: bogo, western union/bill pay, accepts coupons, rainchecks
Cons: no discounts for employees, high grocery prices, no healthcare for part-time employees, minimum wage, lack of hours per each employee, minimum opportunities for advancement within company
Bi-lo is a very busy place, most of the time. It requires a great deal of communication between management and staff, which sometimes does not happen.. The customers- that is what the company centers on. Whenever they do have a sale, a lot of times there are not enough products on the shelf, due to lack of stock and order, which leads to unsatisfactory among customers. The prices fluctuate often and it is important, as a customer, to check expiration dates of packages.
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 4, 2014
I was young when I started this job. They were very flexible and understanding while working together with me on my school schedule. It was a very good environment and workplace.
understanding management treats employees like humans
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Seneca, SCSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: free cell phone service
Cons: difficult customers
difficult customers
managment backs employees up
reasonable hours
a challenge
Constantly hectic workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 17, 2013
Pros: guaranteed break
Cons: minimal hours, maximum stress
A typical day as a cashier at Bi-Lo consists on standing at a register for long shifts with only one short break. My co-workers were rude and had very bad customer service. It's a decent first job, but not the best experience. The management had a lot of good values, but not the right staff to produce the desired effects. The hardest part of the job was the stress. There was constant pressure to be faster and stay polite with an abundance of rude customers. The most enjoyable part was a few of the people I worked with.
great first job
Cashier, Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Dayton,TNMay 21, 2013
Pros: people
Bilo was a great first job. The job taught me how to be responsible and how to value having a job. I loved working for the public.
My first job!
Cashier (Former Employee), Augusta, georgiaMay 2, 2013
bi-Lo was okay.....the money wasn't great but there was always a good time
Typical Retail Environment
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Rossville, GAApril 28, 2013
Bi-Lo just seems bland and typical to me. When I worked there I never felt like an individual in the company.
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 24, 2013
Great Company to work for. Learned alot in the 12 years with BI-LO and would recc to others
Grocery Store
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCApril 22, 2013
It is a great place to work while going to school. Management cares about the employees, and everyone gets along well.

About BI-LO, LLC

Before visiting your local BI-LO, make sure to check out our convenient Storm Tracking and Survival Checklist . Bring your checklist – Read more

BI-LO, LLC Salaries