Bi-LO LLC Employee Reviews

Stressful place to work, not a family atmosphere
Dept head (Former Employee) –  SCJune 14, 2017
Bilo doesn't take care of their employees the way they used to. They have been cutting full time positions out and hiring more part timers, cutting benefits. Winn Dixie stores are getting expensive remodels and equipment while Bilo stores are left in shambles. Prices are sky high and customers are flocking to the competition while Corporate is doing nothing to fix it.
Not a good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 24, 2017
I left because they do not take care of their people. Their pay increases are embarrassing, if you ever receive one. Managers are allowed to talk to people any kind of way. Not a work custom that I was used to, nor did I want to be a part of it
Pros
Cons
look elsewhere
bi-lo
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCFebruary 1, 2017
bi-lo is a very laid back good place to work at, they trained me on everything I needed to know to do my job, the people are friendly and always there to help
flexible for those still in school that dont require much money
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesnee, SCJanuary 7, 2017
Overall my time at Bilo was pleasant. Management changed so things went downhill. They pay is not great at all. I began working here in high-school and with my school schedule and extracurricular activities it worked very well.
Ever changing
Cashier & Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, SCSeptember 6, 2016
There are always new faces here. No two days are the same. The management team is polite and easy to get along with as long as you do your job and do not play around much.
Great work place
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCSeptember 6, 2016
I learned so many different things while i was there. Here i also learned a lot about costumer service. I was very busy but relaxing job.
unique place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCJune 30, 2016
I enjoyed working as a cashier, but it was a mentally demanding job for many people due to customer disagreements and impatience.
Not a good company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 27, 2016
I first loved this company and then they showed their real side and it is all lies. Worst mistake ever they treat you like dirt and expect everything from you after they stab you in the back everyday.
Pros
Cons
healthcare, pay, scheduling
Not bad, but managers are awful.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Inman, SCMay 25, 2016
Being a cashier is not that bad, but whenever you combine the horrible customers and the awful managers it gets pretty horrific. Management is not there for anything, they are more of a bully who likes to treat everyone with disrespect and pick favorites. There are 3 things that absolutely suck about this job: the pay, the managers, and the customers.

I would not recommend ever working at a Bi-Lo unless you plan on being a manager because they actually get paid really well.
Pros
5% discount?
Cons
management, pay, etc.
Terrible Company
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Two Notch Road, Columbia SCMay 4, 2016
This is not a good place to work, especially for minorities and women. They are very racist and aren't ashamed to show it. The corporate office is no longer in South Carolina, they are now based out of Florida. And as soon as that happened, many full timers who had been with the company for years lost their jobs. This is a company that's all about making money, all the while taking advantage of their workers. I left after three years when I , an assistant, was threatened by the store manager that I could lose my job because the department head was not doing her job.. The same department manager who chain smokes outside IN FRONT OF THE STORE at least 5 times a day. No thank you.😠😕 Please , if you are considering a job with Bi-lo , walk around the store, see how few blacks are in management positions. Also ask the workers what its like working for them. Your eyes will be opened .
Pros
Cons
openly racist and biased
fun work place having lunch get talk unwine rest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 2, 2016
talking about whats going on whats happing i learn everyday theres always something new happening .management is good about helping you restore your memory what is going on .with the coworkers they are still new need to help them understand the job. making sure everything done is when you get help and your behind and that person wants to help you that makes my day because they want too
Pros
help each other if someone is done early help your coworker dont look the other way just do
Cons
just need to work focus on each task
Great management produces great workers!
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 11, 2015
When you have a management team that knows how to actually communicate with their workers as friends and people, you truly get something genuine. That's exactly the type of staff BI-LO had and I respect and admire every last one of them for that!
Overworked for little pay
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Millen, GANovember 6, 2015
The biggest thing that stands out would be the pay and the hours offered; being part-time only and minimum wage. The duties given were more than what was being compsated for.
Pros
location
Cons
very few hours
beneficial
Harveys (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GANovember 3, 2015
great supervisor, always a smile when clocking in. management is understandable and caring and leanant. never a dull moment with co workers. felt like home
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
hours are cut
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, SCOctober 12, 2015
Although I did not really enjoy my time here as management was a little all over the place and a little unorganized I was still able to work on building my customer service skills. But by working there I learned a lot of what not to do and I think that overall it has made me a better person and a better worker
Diverse workplace with plenty of opportunities to improve in communicaion.
Produce Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 12, 2015
My truck receiving day routine was to clock in around 7am and begin a fast paced work day in which I had 6 hour to complete papper work,check emails, surveys, labor, and task applications. I was to breakdown and destribute the truck throughout the department while rotating backstock cases to ensure rotation, cull and clean sections, check dates and reduce prices on lower quality products. I also had to complete several assighnment cards to give to the employees of my team. Sence the company turned off the sprinkler system, i had to rehydrate leafy items that would dried out from the previous day. I also loved to interact with customers and learn from their shopping experiences to improve my merchandising and ordering capabilities. At the end of the day i was responsible for code dating bockstock boxes and scanning and weighing trash for records. On days I had to order trucks I had to clock in around 7am, check emails, surveys, labor, and task applications. I would begin culling and cleaning sections, checking dates and reducing prices on lower quality products. While filling out the assighnment cards for that day I would be reviewing the department and visualizing the order. Before scanning the order, I had to inventory the backroom and cooler in red ink and write the actual order number in blue or black ink in the correct columns on every item I had instock or ordered the week before. I would finish the day with cleaning and scanning trash after rehydrating withering product. I had to work six or seven days a week and only had 40 hours a week to do so. Thats why my days  more... was usually 6 or 6 and a half hours long. On Sundays I had to review labor and schedual it for the next week.  less
Pros
Interacting with customers and bonus checks
Cons
Communication, workmanship, and trustworthiness of store manangers
A typical day at work
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 11, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of counting the office, making sure the cash is even when the bookkeepers relief comes in. Always watching the customer service desk, doing western unions, money orders, lottery, refunds, exchanges, ect. As the night goes on you would have to pick up the tills and place them in the safe with the correct amount of money in them for the morning bookkeeper. We also counted coupons and matched them with our nightly reports. When the time came to close everything down, you would have to match everything and make sure everything was even before you left for the night, also had to make sure the safe money was all accounted for. If everything all matched and everything equaled zero you left for the night, and the morning bookkeeper would come in and put file all the reports for that night.
Pros
Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Terrible management
I love it!
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GaOctober 9, 2015
I enjoy my job and love my manager and most of the people I work with. The only problem is the occasional drama that breaks out and the problem takes a while to resolve.
Pros
Great people, great manager, flexible hours, understanding work environment
Cons
Occasional drama
Great place, nice people
Center Store Associate (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 6, 2015
I find that at Bi-Lo the people are always nice and the store is inviting. The management staff is definitely willing to do all they can to solve any problem you may have.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of community based programs
Cons
n/a
A wonderful work experience for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCSeptember 28, 2015
Great management staff; understanding and very professional. Comfortable environment and room for personal growth. Would recommend this work environment to anyone looking to make a career or gain experience while attending college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bi-LO LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8