Bi-LO LLC

Bi-LO LLC Employer Reviews

Current employee in Garden City, Ga
department manager (Former Employee), garden city, gaMarch 18, 2014
Cons: too many to list
Ever since Bi-Lo took over Piggly Wiggly it has been a downward spiral. Very poor management. Hardworking, dedicated, honest employees are not rewarded. Price increases and product changes have destroyed our store. There is no concern for customer service or room to adjust your department to increase sales. Management, despite the laws against it, changes – more... hours and shorts employees checks. Upper management does not allow enough hours to properly run the stores daily operations. I would NEVER recomend this company to anyone. In the past month we have had a store manager, 3 department heads,an asst. department manager, 2 customer service managers, one cake decorator, and 2 stock clerks put in there two weeks. – less
It was a fun work environment
Customer Service Clerk/ Cash office assistant (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCFebruary 28, 2014
Overall I did enjoy my job at BILO. The only thing I did not like about it was when I tried to transfer to another store both stores did not have my information to get my transfer sent. So I was with out work until I decided to go to school after my senior year of high school.
Friendly place to work.
Deli clerk/cashier (Former Employee), Laurens, SCJanuary 10, 2014
It is a great place to work if you are still in school or if you are fresh out of school.
Quality retail job, very good pay for the performance
Market Manager/ Produce Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, SCOctober 30, 2013
Bi-Lo is a quality workplace with fair compensation and benefits. The hours of operation for most grocery stores makes me hesitant to advance any further but for someone with older kids or no kids upper management would be ideal.
I was dedicated to this company for 28 years.
Store Director (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCOctober 2, 2013
Pros: compensation benifits
Cons: not enough hours to operate the store properly.
I Liked this company just retired to persue other opportuities.
Good Company
Produce Manager (Current Employee), Lake Wylie, SCAugust 15, 2013
Pros: alot of good people here.
Cons: not enough labor hours and no disipline.
Bi-LO is a good company. However its policies are not enforced . I believe too much focus is placed on shrink. Where customer service and driving sales are neglected. Expectations are high and labor is very minimal.
Good company
Frozen Food & Dairy Manager (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCJuly 18, 2013
Bi-lo is a good company. Management varies by store. Coworkers were great. Benefits are very good. Once Bi-lo "bought" Winn Dixie the benefits decreased in coverage, and some policies changed.
Productive and equal company
Level 2 Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCMay 19, 2013
A typical day at work, it is busy. There are several incoming calls but everyone is equally answering their share of calls. I learned how to work with a technical side on bringing up equipment. I learned to determine crisis situations and how they should be handled. The management team is very flexible. They make sure that there were ready bodies to – more... answer the call and if anyone needed a break they will allow it. The hardest part of work is when there are company outages such as network lines being down and we are unable to network into the equipment to assist. The most enjoyable is my co workers and being able to fix the issues. – less
n/a
Job Security
Values
Happy
Benefits
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Bank Recon Clerk (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCMay 6, 2013
Pros: ability to move up in company.
Cons: never thought incentive increases were enough
In my time at BI-LO I held many positions and was taught alot along the way. I didn't mind going to work, management was fair and easy to work with. My co-workers were my second family. Though the work was the same, everyday brought something different which was good so you didn't become bored. I enjoyed learning new things and being challenged. Helping – more... customers whether they were in the store or directly on the phone was probably the worst just because I couldn't always satisfy them. – less
Good and Fair company to work for.
Non-Perishable Store Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 26, 2013
Pros: flexible time
Cons: relocating to jacksonville florida
Data entry, down loading files and balances reports. Fun people to work with. Great benefits
it is a nice place to work
Deli Associate (Current Employee), store 5182April 12, 2013
i like my job but they have favorite and iwork hard i also come to work every time i am scheduled i am ready to move up or out i need more hours that i dont seem to be able to get i dont feel like i can get ahead
Not a good company to work for.
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 27, 2013
Bilo's corporate office had no connection to its workers. They do not offer fair raises or vacation hours and cut corners whenever possible
I really loved my job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Clinton, SCNovember 26, 2012
I would recommend this job to anyone who is trying to work and go to school.
A bad company to work for.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Mint Hill,NCJuly 27, 2012
Cons: small pay, harldy any benefits, and lack of respect from management.
Bi-Lo is a hard place to work at. The reason why I say it is a hard place to work at is due to the lack of good management.Not to mention the other employees show a lack of respect for new hires.I would not recommend Bi-Lo to anyone else.The reason why I applied for this position was because I needed some sort of income coming in.
An ok place to work for...
Courtesy Clerk, Cashier, Stock Clerk (part time) (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 6, 2012
Pros: job security, learining new skills, friendly costomers thanking you
Cons: no raises!!, very short breaks, random eratic schedules, managers always begging you to come into work, work load, rude costomers.
For a courtesy clerk a typical day revolves around bagging orders and retrieving carts from the parking lot. The balance of carts in the lobby and helping customers can get hectic on busy days. There is almost no possible way of helping customers, bagging orders and getting carts all at the same time. Bi-lo as a corporation does not care about the well – more... being of their workers by throwing such a large work load on them. This includes the fact that management is to lazy to call anyone in for help despite the fact that a handful of workers may be only getting a 10 hours a week. The store is also always monitored by corporate jerks who complain about the stupidest stuff not being right. Other duties also include cleaning bathrooms and changing trash cans.

Running a cash register is not a bad job. customers are usually nice but can sometimes be rude. It's fairly easy once you get all the controls and muscle memory of the register. Can get repetitive and confusing though. Can get very hectic on busy days but much easier than bagging. Not much physical labor involved. Responsibility's include greeting and helping customers and ringing up items. Also bagging orders when there is nothing to do.

A typical day as a stock clerk is the most challenging i have found yet. The work load is tremendous and work is hard. Typically you would clock in, and if a truck has come in you either stock the shelf's with the new items or separate them onto pallets for third shift to work through. You also have to maintain all specials and fill as needed. Setting up special displays is also part of the jobs as is unloading trucks. If a truck has not arrived and there are no new goods you work back stock and keep a watch on the shelf's. A typical day is 9hours with a 30min unpaid lunch.

Management at bi-lo is generally friendly but is a hit miss relationship like anything else. They never give you a steady schedule and always call you on your days off. They are nice at work but honestly don't care about you.

The co-workers are either bi-lo gurus or fairly nice people who feel the same as i do about the place i work. Some are offended when you talk about your dissatisfaction at work and others agree. Most of the cashiers are nice but always complain about everything, even though there job is easy.

The hardest part of the job is hanging in there and giving it your best every day. Dealing with customers is also annoying. For a courtesy clerk it is no hours and pushing buggies. For a cashier, standing all day, and when the computer is not working right. For stock clerks, it is the work load, and lifting objects...all the time. Oh BTW no one ever...ever gets a raise.

The most enjoyable part of the job is a happy manager, a happy customer, filled shelf's and clocking out! – less
This store has alot of good people working there. Most have been with the company a long while.
Pricing Integrity Coordinator (Current Employee), Kannapolis, NCMarch 25, 2012
Pros: good vacation packages, paid time off
Cons: each store is not run on an individual basis, but as a cooporate whole.
This is a good company to work for if the grocery business is what you are interested in. The stores are clean and the prices are competitive.
Good growth company
Operation Support Analyst (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCMarch 24, 2012
Pros: all shifts
Cons: pay
Although working for the help desk was challenging....i enjoyed the position and operations This company does a LOT for the community and I enjoyed working there.