Bi-LO LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Not bad, but managers are awful.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Inman, SCMay 25, 2016
Being a cashier is not that bad, but whenever you combine the horrible customers and the awful managers it gets pretty horrific. Management is not there for anything, they are more of a bully who likes to treat everyone with disrespect and pick favorites. There are 3 things that absolutely suck about this job: the pay, the managers, and the customers.

I would not recommend ever working at a Bi-Lo unless you plan on being a manager because they actually get paid really well.
Pros
5% discount?
Cons
management, pay, etc.
Terrible Company
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Two Notch Road, Columbia SCMay 4, 2016
This is not a good place to work, especially for minorities and women. They are very racist and aren't ashamed to show it. The corporate office is no longer in South Carolina, they are now based out of Florida. And as soon as that happened, many full timers who had been with the company for years lost their jobs. This is a company that's all about making money, all the while taking advantage of their workers. I left after three years when I , an assistant, was threatened by the store manager that I could lose my job because the department head was not doing her job.. The same department manager who chain smokes outside IN FRONT OF THE STORE at least 5 times a day. No thank you.😠😕 Please , if you are considering a job with Bi-lo , walk around the store, see how few blacks are in management positions. Also ask the workers what its like working for them. Your eyes will be opened .
Pros
Cons
openly racist and biased
Not a good company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 27, 2016
I first loved this company and then they showed their real side and it is all lies. Worst mistake ever they treat you like dirt and expect everything from you after they stab you in the back everyday.
Pros
Cons
healthcare, pay, scheduling
fun work place having lunch get talk unwine rest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 2, 2016
talking about whats going on whats happing i learn everyday theres always something new happening .management is good about helping you restore your memory what is going on .with the coworkers they are still new need to help them understand the job. making sure everything done is when you get help and your behind and that person wants to help you that makes my day because they want too
Pros
help each other if someone is done early help your coworker dont look the other way just do
Cons
just need to work focus on each task
A typical day at work
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 11, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of counting the office, making sure the cash is even when the bookkeepers relief comes in. Always watching the customer service desk, doing western unions, money orders, lottery, refunds, exchanges, ect. As the night goes on you would have to pick up the tills and place them in the safe with the correct amount of money in them for the morning bookkeeper. We also counted coupons and matched them with our nightly reports. When the time came to close everything down, you would have to match everything and make sure everything was even before you left for the night, also had to make sure the safe money was all accounted for. If everything all matched and everything equaled zero you left for the night, and the morning bookkeeper would come in and put file all the reports for that night.
Pros
Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Terrible management
Great management produces great workers!
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 11, 2015
When you have a management team that knows how to actually communicate with their workers as friends and people, you truly get something genuine. That's exactly the type of staff BI-LO had and I respect and admire every last one of them for that!
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, SCOctober 12, 2015
Although I did not really enjoy my time here as management was a little all over the place and a little unorganized I was still able to work on building my customer service skills. But by working there I learned a lot of what not to do and I think that overall it has made me a better person and a better worker
fun times at bi-lo
cashier (Former Employee) –  Lyman, scSeptember 1, 2015
I would clock in at 7am. Clean up all the registers, make sure everyone had what they needed before the day started. We would not get busy till later on in the day. I loved one manager to death. I was pregnant at the time and he worked with me during my pregnancy. The store manager, I do not like. He did not care about what I was going through as a pregnant women and treated me like badly. The hardest part of my job was the store manager.
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Poor Management
Cashier Associate (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 20, 2015
If you're a cashier, you must stay at your register for your entire shift or you'll get chewed out. You can't drink water at your register. The managers try to guilt trip you for having to go to the restroom. It might be a decent job for extra money if you don't mind being paid minimum wage or very closet to it.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No breaks
A wonderful work experience for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCSeptember 28, 2015
Great management staff; understanding and very professional. Comfortable environment and room for personal growth. Would recommend this work environment to anyone looking to make a career or gain experience while attending college.
I love it!
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GaOctober 9, 2015
I enjoy my job and love my manager and most of the people I work with. The only problem is the occasional drama that breaks out and the problem takes a while to resolve.
Pros
Great people, great manager, flexible hours, understanding work environment
Cons
Occasional drama
Overworked for little pay
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Millen, GANovember 6, 2015
The biggest thing that stands out would be the pay and the hours offered; being part-time only and minimum wage. The duties given were more than what was being compsated for.
Pros
location
Cons
very few hours
Bilo
Meat Associate (Current Employee) –  SCSeptember 16, 2015
At the beginning of the month and in the middle its usually busy, but towards the end it gets boring and then they like to cut hours. The thing that I don't like is the face that the only people that get to be Full Time are the Managers. Another thing I don't like is the fact that Part Time employees can't get paid for Holidays. Also Part Time employees can't get vacation time or sick time until after being there for 2 years. I've learned more about the types of meats there are, how to package and wrap them. Management sucks. They honestly could do a lot better at their job. In my opinion The Meat Manager is the best Manager. My co-workers are actually fun to be around, they make the job a lot more fun. I really wouldn't say there is a hard part about the job, sometimes being cold sucks, but you have to get use to it. I love the job, I just wish us Part Time employees had more privileges like the Full Time employees.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Not getting treated equally as a part time employee
Great place, nice people
Center Store Associate (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 6, 2015
I find that at Bi-Lo the people are always nice and the store is inviting. The management staff is definitely willing to do all they can to solve any problem you may have.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of community based programs
Cons
n/a
beneficial
Harveys (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GANovember 3, 2015
great supervisor, always a smile when clocking in. management is understandable and caring and leanant. never a dull moment with co workers. felt like home
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
hours are cut
Do NOT work for this company!
Deli Clerk/Baker (Former Employee) –  aiken, scJuly 9, 2015
There is almost no room for advancement if they have a position open they hire a new employee. I was eight months pregnant and they were trying to work me over forty hours a week on a part time job, i was doing a full time bakers position on minimum wage with no benefits. Then when i had to go on bed rest because of the stress of the hours they wrote me up for it. I quit and never went back since then my husband whom also worked there quit because they refused to give him help as a manager and my sister currently works for them and is looking for a new job after they've promised her two different full time positions and then hired someone else for those said positions.
Pros
Cons
no breaks unless a 6 hour shift or more and a six hour shift only gets a 15 min break
never work here..ever.
GM (Current Employee) –  greerMay 25, 2015
I have been with Bi-lo almost two years. I do three different things. Cashier, price handing every tuesday night 3rd shift, GM.
I got one raise when my first manager was there. It was 11 cents.
They refuse to pay me. I no longer work as a cashier but they won't remove that so they can save money. I work center store now but yet again they won't pay me the money I deserve.
I have worked at my bilo longer than all of the managers, we lose 1 manager every 5 months.
how can manager know you're a hard worker when they are constantly changing?
they work you so hard that you just want to die at the end of your shift and will make you do that's that don't even make sense.
for one they are making cashiers go work in deli to save them money.

Do not work here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Not a good company
Bagger (Current Employee) –  NMB, SCMay 23, 2015
BI-LO was a good company at one time, but has gotten progressively worse, and continues to go down that path. The people who are on the same level as myself, are great to work with. Most of the store directors have a lot to be desired. Compensation for work nonexistent, you would think a bagger would get an increase in pay, but after four calls to Corporate, I was finally told I maxed my pay scale, didn't even get my 3 cent raise for a year. I continue to look for other employment.
Pros
Most customers, and the people you work with are the only Pros
Great Co-workers and management
Cashier and Book Keeper (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAJune 15, 2015
Working for Bilo was great for time I was working there they were very flexible with my football career during high school and school and recommend anyone to work there
Very good work environment.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCMarch 18, 2015
A very high pace Grocery retail Supermarket . Enjoyed being engaged with customers and teammates. Had a strong team of dedicated department Managers that assisted in making the Job fun.
Pros
quality teammates and guests, good compensation.
Cons
frequent long days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bi-LO LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7