BI-LO Employee Reviews

Found 1,074 reviews matching the search
One of the worst companies to be employed at
Cashier Associate & Bagger (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCAugust 16, 2017
The management doesnt care about anyone but themselves. The pay at BI-LO isn't worth the amount of stress or work effort you put in. If there is a better option or any other option for a job i highly suggest you pick the other place.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Management sucks
ok
Cashier/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCAugust 16, 2017
Bilo was ok over all. I worked at three different locations .I loved my friend location in . When I was moved to help another store in the winter I was disappointed.
enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Union, SCAugust 16, 2017
Managers and coworker are very eager to help new employees. Most of the customers are elderly. Some will try to take advantage of you if you are new buy trying to argue that certain items are on sale when they are not.
Pros
friendly work enivorment
Cons
needs better break rooms
A great job for high schoolers, but not much else.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2017
I started when I was in high school, and was looking for a lot of advancements after graduating high school. I was told flat out that I was too young for any advancements, despite having been with the company for two years at that point. I was also told that I shouldn't expect to do anything else with my time except for work for them.
Management refused to understand that their employees had lives outside of their job.
Multiple employees tried to contact HR and corporate about management, but nothing ever came of it.
Pros
A great first job, and an easy one to start out
Cons
no room for promotions or raises, no benefits unless full time, HR and corporate are of little to no help
Bilo Summary
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of checking customers out of the store. I learned ways to deal with customers more efficiently. Management was stern depending on the manager on your shift. Sometimes a little too stern as the job was very easy and mostly had to do with keeping up appearances. For example, when the district manager came in everyone had to stand at the top of their checkout isles and greet customers but it was inconsistent because we didn't do that when they weren't around. It's a small thing but consistency is key when it comes to jobs like these. The hardest part of the job was learning how to input WIC vouchers which is really easy once you do it enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy, especially repeat customers. You get to know a lot of people and they get to know you.
Pros
It's an easy job, deal with customer requests, check their orders out, straighten up isles.
Cons
Inconsistent, too stern, stress showed very easily when it came to management, management picked favorites
This company has a multitude of great people working for them that are also taken advantage of and exploited.
Part Time Cutter (Current Employee) –  Landrum, SCAugust 14, 2017
Corporate cares only about money, it uses the integrity of the people you see when you walk in to sell products that are below par as management would tell you that you are to lie to customers and above all sell. If you have integrity BILO won't let you keep your job and your integrity. If you're under the age of 23 it's a good starter job but if you're an adult trust me it's not worth even taking the position they never keep their word in management and I myself have been offered conditional promotions and having held up my end was still denied the position, more than once.
Pros
5%discount
Cons
Far out weigh the pros.
Not a good place to work
Produce Lead (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 11, 2017
over worked,under paid, management is a joke, customers are hard to deal with, and nothing was enjoyable. just a bad company overall and RDS is the biggest piece of trash ever to live.
Cons
Busy place if like to stay busy
Bookkeeper and floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 9, 2017
Working with some people that had disabilities is what i like the most an they would get treated the less respect by customers an that is what i hated. I learned that be kind to others no matter what in that field of work cause someone could be having a bad day an your smile an hello maybe what the needed to hear.
Pros
Getting to know new people an customers
Cons
people not showing up for there shift
sucked
Floral Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 8, 2017
Really tired of giving reviews. this is pointless and needs to be removed from the required things to do. I am tired of this and just want to stop and be done
Not a great place to work
Bagger/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30906August 7, 2017
Need better staff and management. They start you working well, Then they cut your hours. They keep promising more hours for everyone and we don't get them.
depends on manager
Pricing Lead (Former Employee) –  Chapin, SC 29036August 3, 2017
I loved my job until we changed management. The new manager wanted all his people in there and all the old ones out. That is the only reason I left this job. I started out as a cashier and within a year was promoted. The new job came with a significant pay increase along with longer hours. The hardest part of my job was that I had to work 14 hours every Tuesday night to do the tag reset for the ad. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to help customers throughout the store so they wouldn't have to track someone down.
Pros
great insurance, promote within store
Cons
depends on the store manager how things are ran, I've worked for 3 Bi-Lo's and all three were ran different.
Changing environment
Bookkeeper (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Chesnee, SCAugust 3, 2017
It has been okay. I learned a lot and I have been crossed trained. But I just didn't see the opportunity for advancement within the company. It is constantly making changes to improve.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Don't pay enough
Enjoyable job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCAugust 3, 2017
A lot of standing if you're a cashier but there's always someone to talk to as far as co-workers during down time. Some customers can be rude but most are polite.
Pros
manageable hours, works well for students
Cons
short breaks
They need to start saying good things about every body and give Awards
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 3, 2017
They need to give everyone Awards and say great things about them then putting people down and say good things about them and stop saying bad things about them behind there back every day need to treat everybody good and say they are doing a great job.......
Nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 3, 2017
This was an okay job to work at. I worked overnight and it wasn't that bad at all, the pay isn't much but if your your looking for a right no job this is one. They hire you immediately
Pros
Immediate hire
Cons
No money
Overall A good place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 2, 2017
BI-LO is not a bad place to work and the people in it were great as well but as far as the co-manager we had he did not treat fairly to certain associates at all.
A fun customer service job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNAugust 1, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Bi-Lo grocery store. This job I learned all cashier skills. It gave me flexible hours and days of work. I always looked forward to my shifts. It was nice to be able to stand and move around on my shift, instead of sitting. I love working with the public!
Pros
Flexible
Just Don't
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 1, 2017
They'll lie to you even if you're serious about promoting. They'll abuse you if you're a hard worker. The pay for what they expect is not even close to enough, people have been there 15+ years and not even making $10 an hour.
Stressful atmosphere, with little pay.
Center Store Associate (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 31, 2017
The job itself is not hard, but the management needs improving to help bring up the morale for the stores team. Dealing with a bad line of crowd due to location, customers can sometimes make your shift a pain. The hours that you work can be spotty due to management hiring too little or too many employees without regard to time management.
Pros
Five Percent discount on all orders, plus a fifty percent discount for the chinese and Papa Johns next door.
Cons
Short Breaks
fun enjoyable place to work
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 28, 2017
Great place to work, they really care about there employees. This was a team oriented business that felt more like family. There is different position to work for this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BI-LO. Our community is ready to answer.