BI-LO Employee Reviews in United States

Great customers service and very friendly environment but not enough hours or good pay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJune 25, 2016
Its a good part time job but not long term as a career. They are a very structured company and they have excellent customer service. They do need to improve on their work hours and pay rates.
Fun and productive workplace
Volunteer Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCJune 25, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty simple everyone does their job and will hold conversation with other and customers. I've learned how to operate a cash register and other basic skills. Management is good they make sure all employees are doing their job. Co-workers are fun to be around never a dull moment. The hardest part of the job is having to ring up WIC orders.Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have freedom and conversating with my co-workers.
Pros
Having freedom
Cons
Short breaks
n/a
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 23, 2016
Dealing with customer service & providing the needs for customers
management is great
co workers are awesome everyone is easy to get along with
Bi-lo
Cook primarily (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GA 30458June 18, 2016
A typical day at work begins before the customers arrive. It is important that everything seems seamless for the experiences. I would begin cooking and prepping as soon as I walked onto the floor, making sure to always be busy covering several jobs at once. I adored my coworkers almost as much as I did the customers. The hardest part of the job was the never ending chain of bosses that all had different opinions on how things were to be handled and not one of them talked to each other. I thoroughly enjoyed me job. The best part was the interactions I got to have with people. Making people happy or satisfied was a great experience.
Pros
The customers and the coworkers. Knowing what I usually had to do everyday.
Cons
No benifits and too many bosses.
Grocery Store Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Batesburg-Leesville, SCJune 9, 2016
A typical day just involved standing at a register all shift long. I learned communication skills, gained cash handling experience, and efficient bagging skills. Management involved multiple managers. Most of them were awesome...just had one bad apple. My co-workers were okay. Never any arguments..all professional. The hardest part was dealing with the occasional rude customers. The most enjoyable part was on the rare occasion another department was slack on help and they would send me to the rescue.
Pros
Easy Work, 5hr shifts
Cons
Occasional Rude customer
Productivity
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 8, 2016
A typical work days goes along the guiedlines of helping customers and assisting my manager or teammates and doing the tasks at hand for that particular day
Awesome
Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAMay 31, 2016
I loved working for this company, great people to work for and I loved the customers that came in everyday!!! Great work place, worked with about schedules, pay was reasonable, ways to advance in the company
Pros
everything
Stock shelves, and unload frieght. (Former Employee) –  Darien, GAMay 28, 2016
I really liked the job, but manager was unfair in the treatment of employees. Good employee relationships. Good prices on the merchandise.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Unfair management
Good place
Human Resources and Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNMay 25, 2016
Company sold out from our area. Was a good place to work. Great and fun, lots of good memories. Thanks. good bye let me pass this
head manger is a total lier
Deli Worker (Delicatessen Worker) (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 25, 2016
i was promised the over night shift in the middle of October. When i asked about the position i was asked to wait until after the holidays, and after the holidays i was told i would not be allowed to leave the deli.
Productive day!
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Parris Island, SCMay 23, 2016
Never regret getting a job there. Nice friendly people. Always encouraging employees to improve. The most enjoyable part of the day was the whole shift. It was never a dull moment. Kept you laughing and smiling.
Enjoyable Employees
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SC 29672May 17, 2016
I enjoyed the employees that I worked with but there was a couple managers I did not like. I believe that if it would have been different manager then the job would have been a lot better.
Cons
Manager
Some where fun to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampton, SCMay 13, 2016
A typical day was fun it was busy everyone is friendly once they get to know you. Management was cool I just wish they work around my schedule. The most enjoyable part about the job was my co-workers.
Pros
Lomg breaks
Cons
No hours
Great environment and lots of benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 10, 2016
BiLo was very fun for me and I enjoyed working there as a high school student. It worked out great with my schedule and the environment was very friendly. Learning the register's operations is very easy once you get the hang of it and if you didn't understand something, there was always a manager ready to help you. The hardest part of the job would be making sure that you can balance speed and accuracy, and the easiest part would be learning how to operate the register. I would definitely work here again.
Pros
Easy job, friendly people
Cons
Short breaks, standing for hours at a time
Horrible Place to work at
Stocker/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 6, 2016
Barely get hours if your not like by management,Always trying to save money instead of supply the products customers want,Very bad management.
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 6, 2016
fun day at work management was great. I loved working for this company. wish I could've stayed there I really liked working at the store I was at.
Job Security
Frozen Food Manager (Current Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNMay 5, 2016
BI-LO/FOOD CITY is a great place to work even if your just starting out in the work field. You can learn customer service which can be used in a wide variety of businesses. You meet great people and if you stay with it you can get great results from working hard
Fast paced and family style work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 20, 2016
Good place to work, easy to learn and the work is fun,Flexible works schedule and friendly management team. Overall a great place to work
Pros
flexibilty of work schedule
Cons
lower wages
Productive fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCApril 19, 2016
A typical day working as a cashier involves providing top quality customer service. Accepting different forms of payment, making sure customers are satisfied with their visit in the store. Assist in other areas in the store.
Pros
communicating with customers
Cons
irate customers
Good First Job but not good for college/beyond
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ladson, SCApril 13, 2016
Horrible Advancement opportunities at least in my store
Employees constantly rude to one another
Horrible advancement opportunities
Problems with work schedule due to college even though college schedule was given ahead of time
Pros
Great First Job
Cons
Benefits, Horrible Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BI-LO. Our community is ready to answer.