BI-LO

BI-LO Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 28, 2014
people person
great communication skills
fun enviroment
Cashier/Grocery Stocker (Former Employee), charleston, scAugust 23, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: low pay
great place to work the people were great and there policies are truly to benefit employees
health insurecne
STOCKER (Former Employee), clover scAugust 18, 2014
Pros: health insurence
Cons: no breaks
my job was to train others in everything i did, i ordered trucks for the company, for all departments, i was a cashier, baggier, meat guy, frozen foods, produce
The people I work with are more like family
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Rossville, GAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: meet some real nice people
Cons: dont make enough money or get enough hours
Talking to customers and making sure they have found everything they came in for. I learned it is hard to be nice to some of the customers when they are so rude, but I just keep my mouth shut and smile. For the most part the management is fair, there are a few that have their picks. I get along with all my co-workers, they are not just my co-workers – more... they have become my work family. The hardest part is when we are slow and there is nothing to do I get real bored. The most enjoyable part would be hearing all the crazy stories from the elderly customers. – less
Driven
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: running a good effective and customer driven store
Cons: long work days and not closed on holidays where family is most important
Run an Effective Store from Open to Close
Always have the mindset to strive to be the best at Customer Service
Maintain and Control good Inventory
Hire and Train Good Employees
Employees learn to trust and believe in Management because the more they trust management they become more effective and productive at work
Hardest part is the long work days – more... without a day off
Most enjoyable is giving good customer service knowing they had a pleasant shopping experience – less
Enjoy meeting and assisting customers
Assistant Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Simpsonville, SCAugust 10, 2014
An Assistant Bookkeeper typical day at work consist of accounting and mathematical skills. Maintaining and updating financial records is a daily task for most bookkeepers. This usually includes balancing and updating bank accounts to ensure that all payments and deposits have been accurately reported. I learned a lot being an Assistant Bookkeeper, Accounts – more... payable and receivable, bill payments, payroll and check registers, and bank reconciliation. Management and co-workers are a great team to work with. There are no hard task at my job, I enjoy what I do. – less
Horrible Managers
NA (Former Employee), ScAugust 8, 2014
Pros: i worked third so there were no managers until morning
Cons: bad management.
The store manager of this store was a mean little man. Nothing ever pleases him. I went above and beyond for this man and he terminated me never told me why.
Customer Friendly Environment
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Lyman, SCJuly 31, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
I worked at three different BI-LO's due to change in location. The one location I remained at the longest was a very friendly and caring place. My managers understood any inconvenience that occurred and believed in maintaining a well kept store and putting customers first.
Nice fast pace enviorment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Edgefield, SCJuly 29, 2014
It was a fast pace working. It consists of doing more than one task at a time. Great for someone who loves to cook.
Extremely Busy
BiLo - Cashier (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 28, 2014
The working day consisted of making sure that your area was kept clean and checking customers out with an orderly fashion, and making sure the change was correct, also restocking the items back on shelves.
Bilo
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Chester, SCJuly 16, 2014
My experience with Bi-Lo has been great. The management is great. I love the pharmacy. I love the people that I work with and the operating hours.
fun workplace
Deli/Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Abbeville, SCJuly 13, 2014
Pros: calm orkplace
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work. I have no issues with the work place, great coworkers and management.
Great Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: customer service and management
Cons: co-workers
Customer Service
Standing
Stocking
Cleaning
Lifting
Transactions
______
Nothing it's just a grocery store and running a cash register
______
Great management when you bring something to there attention there on it. The head manager was the best manager although they are always switching up assistant management.
______
Co-workers are tolerable for the – more... most part if you can over shadow ignorance then its okay.
______
I enjoyed making sure my customer was satisfied and had everything they needed. – less
Not a great workplace for full time serious workers.
Lead Stocker (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 5, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with. and easy job.
Cons: everything else.
First off management dropped the ball when they hired me. Never told me about my full time benefits or even mentioned I had benefits. Over bearing managers required to much, and unprofessional way to discipline.
The company is making alot of chances
CASHIER (Current Employee), GreenvilleJuly 3, 2014
I love having one on one with the customers, the hardest part is only being able to work 24 hours so they will not have to pay for obama care
What I Learned
Deli/Bakery clerk (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCJuly 1, 2014
Being employee by BI-LO working in they deli-bakery department I learn a lot. I learn how to decorate cakes, use a meat slicers, make a chicken salad, learn a lot of different meats and cheeses also.
Cashier and assisted in the deli when needed. (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2014
It was a great place just not enough hours. My Uncle who was in his mid 70's was taking me back and forth to work. He was picking me up at midnight. He asked that I quit and find something else.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of checking customers out happily and bagging neatly. Management was not so bad but it did have it bad points. The co-worker were nice and helpful. There was no hard part of the job just do anything you need to do. The most enjoyable part was meeting a lot of new people.
Productive workplace and friendly enviorment.
Cashier (Current Employee), Gaffney, SCJune 27, 2014
It is a productive workplace and friendly environment with pleasant co-workers, and the management is alright. There really is no hard part about the job unless you have first started. It is an enjoyable job for the most part.
started PT deli, moved to Seafood Mgr in 6 mths
Depart Mgr (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJune 27, 2014
Keep your eyes & ears open. Learn everything you can.
Retail is a great career not just a summer job if you are willing to put the effort in.

1 2 3 4 5

About BI-LO

Fresh opportunity awaits at your BI-LO store! We are one of the largest traditional supermarket chains in the United States – Read more