Biaggis Employee Reviews

brutal
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 2, 2017
Verily I say unto you, good reader... when I die and go to spend everlasting eternity in heII, there will be no lake of fire for me... just that biaggi's dish pit.
Pros
The bussers were the best. I miss them the most.
Cons
Multiple repetitive stress injuries. Permanent nerve damage.
very productive
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 13, 2017
very energetic place always busy keeps workers on the move you can learn new things as far as cooking grilling prep and pizza learning how to cut salmon tilapia how to use a knife properly and very unique recipes from the franchise
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
short breaks
Best culture you could ask for in restaurant
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 9, 2017
Although expectations for any restaurant job is high, this place set the tone for work, training, and professionalism. The job, like any restaurant can be demanding and long hours, but it really makes you appreciate the quality of team work around you.
Pros
Management, co workers, customers
Cons
hard work
Good food and concept, short on talant
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 7, 2017
You will work very hard for a low balled salary. The company culture is good but short on talent due to the pay scale. Great job to learn scratch cooking at a high volume concept.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
low pay
Fun work place
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 21, 2017
Great place to work. I really enjoy it. I am just looking for another company that I can grow with and relocate to the pan handle of Florida. Biaggi's has very limited growth for the future.
Management is a mess!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 21, 2017
It's your typical Chain restaurant serving position, however the management changes the rules "on the fly!" Nothing is ever the same from day to day. The Event Coordinator shows favoritism and if you're not on her list, she shoves it in your face. The EC will also stalk you in the dining room during busy peaks, and harass us while we're working. Miserable place to work!
Pros
My co-workers were great!
Cons
Event Coordinator is a bully!
Excellent Place
Server (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 9, 2017
I loved my time at Biaggi's. As far as serving goes, it's relatively low effort and the clientelle is refined. The management is great and flexible as well.
Pros
Fun Work Environment
Cons
No benefits
Productive and fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Great people there management is OK they work you to the bone but very good place to learn a lot about cooking from scratch and learning your way around a kitchen
Pros
Good kitchen skills
Cons
Management needs work
Fast-paced and professional
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 26, 2017
This job has a high emphasis on team work and cooperation. It is fast-paced, and a high level of professionalism is expected. There is room for job advancement, but it is also a great college or side job.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Co-workers with lots of attitude
Biaggis Restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 25, 2017
a typical day at work is very self dependant. You have to work on your own and make sure all of your tasks are taken care of. Very good organizational and time management skills are needed. The management is very disorganized and needs to be more involved with the employees.
Overall Wonderful
Server (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Team oriented pre-shifts helped to get the day started on a positive note, management is caring, cooperative, and concentrated on the success of the individual. I love working here, co-workers all feel like family. My only desire to leave is because I have worked in the food industry for many years and am ready to move into an office environment.
Pros
Great team of fun energetic positive people
Cons
on feet for 9+ hours a day
Fun place to work and I learned a lot about being a GREAT server!
Server (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 26, 2016
I had this job 14 years ago, so a lot of things with the company have changed. The location I worked at isn't even open any longer.
Pros
Great money-making job
Cons
Working with a bunch of people that were fueled by drama
Happy to go to work
Server/Bartender/Event Coordinatot (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYDecember 15, 2016
Biaggi's is like having a big second family. I have made some amazing, life-long friendships. It is important to like the people you work with, it makes going to work enjoyable; and Biaggi's has some of the best staff.
great place to work for
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 25, 2016
The management works with you and your schedule as much as they can. its fast paced, and theirs opportunity. the days go by fast when you have the right crew or it drags if no one puts in effort
Pros
free meals
Fast paced Italian Restaurant
Server and Host (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 19, 2016
-Do opening duties every shift with beverage and food preparation, served tables, did side work while also serving (staking glasses, cleaning, ice refill). Lastly, cleaned the table section and fished the side work and the shift is over.
-Learned a lot in the restaurant environment. Learned how to multitask, deal with upset people, concentrate on multiple things at once, be friendly even in tense situations. Also learned to own up to my mistakes if orders or communication was wrong.
-The three managers all had different mangling styles and every shift was different based on that. I found it frustrating and the communication between the managers was lacking. One manager was into working hard and another complained a lot and made the work environment unbearable.
-I got along with almost all co-workers. Many of us had the same work ethic and worked as a team. It was a positive experience.
-hardest part of the job was keeping communication and organization up on a busy night but as time went on it gets easier.
-Communicating and bonding with guests at the tables throughout the shift was very enjoyable.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Management, long shifts
it was awesome place too work at
Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 3, 2016
Typical day come too work in a good mood I learned how to be dependable reliable I loved the people I worked with good work enviorment the most enjoyable part of the job was going to work
Great staff and management and excellent place to eat
Server, Food Runner, Busser (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 24, 2016
I loved my job at biaggis, but i moved and had to leave it behind.
Great co-workers and management was always amazing.

Everyone came in loving they're job and made it a happy and well ran fine dining restaurant. I would find out my table section and begin checking and improving everything I could about the area to make guests happier about their environment.

After being seated a table I would greet each guest as soon as I noticed they had got settled in. After greet and drink orders I would begin suggestive selling and answering questions about the menu.

After taking food orders and ensuring everything was ordered correctly, I would relay all information to the chef.

Bringing food out and checking on drinks while mingling with other tables and taking orders from tables as well. always multi-tasking and asking others if they can use a hand.

The hardest part of the job would be asking for help. Every good server asks for and gives help. I like to take control of all of my work but notice when I help others and ask for help back everyone runs more efficiently.

The best part of the job would be meeting tons of new people and doing my best to give them a good experience.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Money based on buisness
fun environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 3, 2016
I got my work done and the management in the back was laid back along as you work. I also loved the staff they helped me adapt and get use to new work place.
Enjoyable workplace with a great staff
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 23, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Biaggi's, and was greatful for the experience to work with such talented and hard working individuals. Biaggi's is a great company dedicated to quality and integrity.
Good Part-Time Job (if you need extra spending money)
Server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 11, 2016
The management staff cares a lot about how the restaurant is perceived to its customers. The restaurant was always very clean and the staff in general is really nice. The senior staff, however, can be kind of condescending if you don't know how to do something. I would say ask a manager before asking the team captains, because they'll be a lot nicer. The pay is minimum serving wage ($4.95 in Illinois), and you tip out 5% which is WAY too much IMO, and I think corporate needs to start paying their bussers minimum wage instead of making us tip out so much. They tell you to strive for 20%, so you work extra hard, but you're only walking out with 15%. I would say work somewhere else if you're trying to make good money. I made about $15-$60 weekday lunches/dinners (more so $30), or $40-100 weekend dinners.
Pros
Scheduling is flexible, management is great, excellent teamwork, fun staff
Cons
5% tip-out, not a lot of money made during lunches or weekdays, senior staff is impatient and rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biaggis. Our community is ready to answer.