Bibb County School District Employee Reviews

Working with Special Education can be challenging, but for the most part it is enjoyable. The children are a joy to work with. There is a new adventur
Paraprofessional Special Education (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 7, 2016
My day at work is really enjoyable. I have never worked with Special Education before, but I really enjoy the team that I work with. We all have a true love and care for the children that we assist in this program.
Pros
Holiday Pay, Weekends off, benefits
Cons
I pay. Paraprofessionals are under paid.
enjoyable place to work, staff is great.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Macon-Bibb CountyApril 26, 2015
As a substitute teacher with Bibb County Board of Education, I contribute to on going education of students during absence of primary teacher. Bibb County has allowed me to gain knowledge and skills to deal with all social economics and racially mixed customers; to include; parents, students and staff.

The most difficult part of my job is not being able to work with the same students daily. As a substitute teacher, I rarely work the same assign more than two days in a row.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with young children and seeing the light come on when they understand a new concept dealing with learning.

I have several years of experience working with underprivileged individuals while working as a case manager for Broome Co Department of Social Services in New York State. I have also; held position as Child Support Investigator, Group Home Counselor.
Pros
I enjoy working with people
Cons
no benefits
Inner city school
Higly Qualified (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 13, 2015
Teaching at an inner-city school was rewarding for many years. Only in the last year or so was the drag of being forced to endure personal attacks, both physical and professional, more impactful than the reward.
Pros
eager students
Cons
children who had no intention of allowing teaching to be carried out
Student Oriented, Teacher friendly
Hospital Homebound Teacher (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 31, 2015
Salaried employee got to make her own schedule who worked with professional teachers, social workers and classified employees. the most difficult apart of my job was not having my job taken seriously
Technology
Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 14, 2012
A typical work day involves training teachers on various computer programs and address trouble shooting issues. One thing I have learned from this job is how to be self efficient. The people I work with are very dedicated to the student & their community. The best part of my job is when I see a child engaged and learn through the use of technology. The hardest part of my job is when the technology does not work.
A terrible place to work!
teacher (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 4, 2013
After 20 years in the Bibb County school system and over 35 years of teaching experience, I had to quit teaching because of the lack of discipline, fights, guns, gang activity, ankle monitors, and total disrepect by the students and administration. I was not allowed to do my job and there was no appreciation or support.
Cons
no time for lunch, 12 hour days, no planning time, no technical support
Substitue Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Macon, GaJanuary 23, 2014
I maintain the classroom as if I was the normal teacher, I don't deal with other teachers on a regular basis but, the ones I have come across were very nice and helpful. The job can get difficult when you have a disrespectful student and the most enjoyable job is helping kids achieve and learn on a daily base.
A great place to work!
Instructional Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 18, 2014
The Bibb County School District affords their employees the opportunity to stay connected with their child's education and paid time off during various school holidays and breaks throughout the school year.
Family orientated
Parent Academic Instructor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 15, 2014
The funding for Title l is inconsistent from year to year. They have had 3 superintendents in 3 years.
Like a beautiful sunrise, Bibb BOE is on the rise!
Substitute Teacher/Co-Teacher (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 12, 2012
Great district to be in. It's tough right now, but I believe it will be getting better.
Avid Tutor
Tutor/Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 10, 2013
I love interacting with all the children. I teach them but at the same time I learn a lot from them.
Pros
volunteering
Cons
exhausting
New Experience
Assist students (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 27, 2014
liked learning new things, and meeting the new people at work liked my manager very much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bibb County School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Bibb County School District Reviews by Location