Bic Corporation

Bic Corporation Employee Reviews

Do not care about their employees
Customer Service/Order Carification (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNJanuary 2, 2015
In my opinion this company does not care about their employees. They expect employees to work a minimum of 50 hours up to a max of 60 hours and do not understand when employees have health issues.
Prodctive and fun
Packer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: taking third shift
It is a typical day at work. I've learned to always keep your composure even in bad situations. The management was okay but it could have been better. My Co-Workers were cool. There was not a hard part in doing my job. The most enjoyable part was being in a good environment.
A good starting place for any college student or graduate.
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Sleepy Eye, MNSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: paid lunches, paid breaks and holidays off. plus, opportunity for overtime.
Cons: no advancement and management is kinda poor at times.
I learned as a graphic artist that the work keeps coming and you learn a lot about how the process works. We make calendars and my job is about ad setting. I don't do too much hard work, but from time to time I get challenged. The people are great, but the supervisors lack - probably because some of them didn't go to college. I like the work the days, pretty typical and steady with paid lunches and breaks. It could be a lot better, but its not a bad place to start.
Incredible company; fantastic opportunities, wonderful 20-year career
Director, Corporate Communications, North America (Former Employee), Shelton, ConnecticutSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: culture of teamwork, and continuous learning through bic university
Cons: n/a
BIC is an excellent company in all ways. I am very proud of the opportunities given to me for both professional and personal growth over 20 years. Gained invaluable experience in so many areas, including the continuous evolution of social media, in-depth understanding of all finance areas as member of North America Management Team, reporting directly to President, BIC Consumer Products, North America. Enjoyed executive speech writing for a variety of stakeholders, from our employees to financial analysts and shareholders to college students, excited to learn about the corporations of today. Also, invaluable experience as crisis team leader, leading and managing the inevitable crises that occur at all companies, even with a robust education and prevention plan in place. At BIC, I created and delivered engaging/interactive educational workshops for Chairman, CEO, Board of Director members, and all levels of employees to ensure that all are engaged in active "Crisis Communications Education and Prevention" ' -- so critical for companies of all sizes, given the lightening speed of misinformation via social media, especially TWITTER, and, most sadly the violent tragedies Americans have faced in recent months, e.g., the Boston Marathon bombing, and the horrible tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, to name just two.

After an exceptional 20-year career, I felt it was time to begin a new career chapter, to meet new companies and teams and support and guide them in all areas of corporate communications.

Shortly after leaving BIC in November, I formed KWONG Communications LLC, so I could do pro-bono work for not-for-profit organizations. This work is fulfilling and my clients are wonderful.

However, I greatly miss being a member of a corporate team and setting and exceeding strategic goals with my colleagues, closely aligned with the corporation's Vision and Values.
Great family oriented business
IT Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 5, 2013
A typical day at work was hectic running all if the IT functions.
What you learned was everything about manufacturing.
Management was like a dictatorship
My co-workers were young talented IT individuals.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the demands of the business.
The most enjoyable part of the job the day to day work.
Easy work and fun people
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2013
Pros: great motivation and awards for employees
Cons: no advancement opportunities
People are very enjoyable and supportive. Bic is like one big family.
Bic always show great appreciation for their employees as a whole.
Disappointing work experience
Clarification Rep (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 1, 2013
Cons: poor life/work balance, little concern for customers, no management support, poor communication, poor management
Management lacks in communication. New rules often implemented at a moments notice 'Effective Immediately' with no updates to SOP's / not everyone in department notified / supervisors not notified. Often, the new procedure is changed via email several times or repealed within hours.

Mandatory Overtime is at the discretion of the company. You are typically notified mid afternoon - with the number of hours you will be required to work the next day. This includes Saturday. This makes planning (appointments, daycare, fitness routine and other events very difficult). At BIC - flexibility begins and ends with the employee. There is no 'work / life,' balance. 10 hour days with 6-8 hour Saturdays is not uncommon.

Management implements new policies and procedures. When they encounter extreme customer dissatisfaction they rely on Marketing to send some deals to the customers to try to save business.

Clients frustrated with new policies. They feel that they are not considered in the decisions being made. They feel that they are not being heard.

Poor training, little to no support from management, poor feedback, dissatisfied customers. I found it to be very unfortunate. Clearwater has many talented individuals who genuinely want this business to succeed. They are trying to balance the business needs with the needs of the client to strike a winning balance but management is nowhere to be found - behind closed doors sending urgent emails to force policies.
busy
Reasearch and Development Technician (Former Employee), Fountain Inn, SCDecember 31, 2012
Pros: 3 day work week
Cons: 12 hour shifts
reasearch and development as well as manufacturing/ took samples and tested raw materials daily. maintained MSDS library.
Awesome Company to work for. Wonderful friends I've made for life
Senior Assistant (Former Employee), Milford, CTAugust 10, 2012
Pros: great opportunity to learn at bic university
Cons: i wish my department didn't move to mexico
Checked the daily schedule.
Prepare for any meetings for that day, providing proper correspondence, example...Excel spread sheet, Powerpoint presentation, Marketing tables. etc
Heavy phone volume with outside vendors.
Travel arrangements, hotels, air and then preparing Travel Expenses for my boss and the engineering group.
The hardest part of my job is when I was laid off after 10 years. I really loved working for Bic. Great Friends and a great experience.

It is hard to find a big company that you still continue to learn great work ethics from other employees.
Review for Bic Clearwater
Production Lead (Former Employee), ClearwaterJune 11, 2012
Pros: pay was good, looks good on a resume, variety in manufacturing
Cons: no teamwork, environment of disrespect, hard to get promoted from within unless you know the right people
This is absolutely one of the worst managed companies that I have worked for. There is a complete lack of respect from management for the employees. As a person in a leadership role at the company, I struggled to be able to manage my areas without having to deal with micromanagement from the Director level, along with constant negativity, profanity and ridiculing at all levels of the organization.

The performance management system in the company is based on individual contribution and does not focus on teamwork.

The decisions that are made are not well thought out and often seem to be shooting from the hip. Hence, many decisions are implemented and then reversed because prior planning/feasibility had not been considered, or after implementation there are numerous issues to be addressed.

Work life balance is non-existent. The priority is the company.

Good individuals are rewarded. Good team players are not recognized. Favoritism definitely occurs.

After several years with this company, I was happy to leave on my own terms.
Horrible environment
Finance (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 24, 2012
Cons: long hours, lack of respect, no growth
Unprofessional management team at Clearwater, FL location. Work life balance is terrible. Corporate culture is not ideal unless you enjoy profanity, disrespect, and lack of accountability. No teamwork within groups or across departments.

No growth potential as hiring is done externally, despite qualified internal candidates. No loyalty to employees but they expect complete loyalty and dedication from employees. Total lack of communication and respect.

Not a good place to work if you have kids or have a life outside of work.
Great company and work environment
Cost Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Milford, CTMay 21, 2012
Great opportunity to get involved in a variety of tasks. Great people and atmosphere.
Very good place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Milford, CTApril 19, 2012
I enjoyed working at Bic, Milford CT, it was a great workplace and I was able to obtain a lot
of experience.

About Bic Corporation

You can flick a BIC, write with a BIC, shave with a BIC, and even sail and dial a BIC. Société BIC, the French consumer products – Read more

Bic Corporation Salaries