Bic Corporation Employee Reviews

Had a great time working there
Kelly Services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2017
It was a great job wish I was still there loved my team n the people that I grew to know .... very easy skill learning once u been there for about two weeks
BIC was an outstanding place to work
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed all of my experience with BIC while I was there. BIC is a leader in their industry regarding all of the franchise businesses. BIC is a company that is well thought of in the industry.
Pros
Great company
Hard working job
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 27, 2017
Fast paste job, always on your feet need to to be focus. working in a pencil factory was a experience of endurance. I learned a lot of hand eye coronation.
great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 27, 2016
Although I am a temp at BIC I see how they treat their employees. They have longevity running throughout. Many people have been there 20 + years and still enjoy their jobs. They offer great incentives through out the year and keep it a fun place to work. Yes, they work hard and they have hectic and busy days but there are always smiles and positive vibes in the building.
World wide company with fun products to sell
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTDecember 15, 2016
This was my first job out of college and I had fun selling their products to retail outlets in the Washington DC area. They provided good entry level positions and training.
Was not the best place to work
Picker/Packer Expediter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2016
Overall this is an easy place to work at. Easy job only thing was hard was getting the rhythm of dropping at a certain speed. Very rude people and leaders.
Pros
Extra money
Cons
Rude people
decent pay, great schedule with LOW
Production, Assembly, Digital and Screen Printing (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNAugust 4, 2016
The pay is decent for the rural location. shifts were either days (5 days a week) or afternoons (4 ten hour shifts a week). I was on straight days either 8 or 12 hour shifts with rare weekend work. I was my own department with very loose supervision which made work very enjoyable - yes I got all of my work done and more. Management was OK, but we went through a merger so things got a little tumultuous with lay-offs and new hires. It was seasonal work so we would have a month or two of unemployment (Lack Of Work) every February or so which was priceless!
Pros
no midnight shift, company company parties and grill-outs. LOW
Cons
no opportunities for advancement or pay increases
Start up division with VP right outside our desks
TYPESETTER (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2016
It was really a neat experience speaking directly with the Vice President of the company. He was very much in touch with all parts of the Pinellas Park, FL division.
Pros
Relaxed yet productive environment
Cons
Personality problem with supervisor
Good pay & benefits BUT ......
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCMarch 26, 2016
Pay & benefits are excellent ,there are some really good people working there BUT management is another story. The worst case of "the good ole boy" network I've ever saw ,it's not what you know it's who you know that matters.The employees love the pay but HATE that place and it's evident from listening to them talk about it and their plant manager and his good ole boy click. There is a lot of tension there amongst the employees.
Pros
Pay, benefits and retirement package
Cons
Management & hostile environment
Adequate
Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at work would be to come in and check in, see what station you are at and begin your work.
I learned how to make your job more entertaining with speaking to others.
Management wasn't that excellent because of constant irritation with payment until the last minute.
my coworkers were not fairly treated and we were not really too involved to have them tell us what to do.
The hardest part was the organization of the company as a whole, since it is such a big company that the lines for check out were too massive and hard to pull together. The most enjoyable part about the job was meeting people that were different and were very kind to talk to and get to know.
Pros
Bathroom Breaks
Cons
Short Breaks, Terrible organization
LIttle advancement opportunities with IT.
Support Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 17, 2015
Good cultural environment to work in. IT seems to be very isolated fromt the rest of the business and does not provide career paths for their employees.
Pros
Good work envirionment. People oriented company
Cons
Major lack of communication within department. Flat work force with little room for advancement.
temp
lackey (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 13, 2015
Management are laughable. That's what they do; laugh, giggle and joke but when it comes down to a serious interface they squirm. Mandatory 10 hour days with a moment of notice.Warehoused and piled up like sardines in cheap cubicles amidst a terribly noisy and loud enviroment. BTW, if you're a temp, you are considered to be nothing more than persona non gratis. Picking cucumbers in a dusty field is more rewarding then this job.
Good Job
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2015
This Job is okay to work at it does get kinda hot or too cold at times but its okay i liked it meet ppl and trains good and the boss there was a sweetie ppie
Pros
Pay good money
Cons
The weather affects the warehouse temp
Bic Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 11, 2015
-steady work load, fast paced, daily customer interaction, data entry
-I learned how to manage an account as well as interact with a variety of customers
-management was minimal and there was a lack of growth encouragement, guidance, and positive reinforcement .
-my co-workers were team players and determined to succeed
-the least enjoyable part of the job was the routine work and data entry.
-the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and successfully solving customer needs
Do not care about their employees
Customer Service/Order Carification (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJanuary 2, 2015
In my opinion this company does not care about their employees. They expect employees to work a minimum of 50 hours up to a max of 60 hours and do not understand when employees have health issues.
Prodctive and fun
Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2013
It is a typical day at work. I've learned to always keep your composure even in bad situations. The management was okay but it could have been better. My Co-Workers were cool. There was not a hard part in doing my job. The most enjoyable part was being in a good environment.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Taking third shift
A good starting place for any college student or graduate.
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNSeptember 18, 2013
I learned as a graphic artist that the work keeps coming and you learn a lot about how the process works. We make calendars and my job is about ad setting. I don't do too much hard work, but from time to time I get challenged. The people are great, but the supervisors lack - probably because some of them didn't go to college. I like the work the days, pretty typical and steady with paid lunches and breaks. It could be a lot better, but its not a bad place to start.
Pros
Paid lunches, paid breaks and holidays off. Plus, opportunity for overtime.
Cons
No advancement and management is kinda poor at times.
Incredible company; fantastic opportunities, wonderful 20-year career
Director, Corporate Communications, North America (Former Employee) –  Shelton, ConnecticutSeptember 6, 2013
BIC is an excellent company in all ways. I am very proud of the opportunities given to me for both professional and personal growth over 20 years. Gained invaluable experience in so many areas, including the continuous evolution of social media, in-depth understanding of all finance areas as member of North America Management Team, reporting directly to President, BIC Consumer Products, North America. Enjoyed executive speech writing for a variety of stakeholders, from our employees to financial analysts and shareholders to college students, excited to learn about the corporations of today. Also, invaluable experience as crisis team leader, leading and managing the inevitable crises that occur at all companies, even with a robust education and prevention plan in place. At BIC, I created and delivered engaging/interactive educational workshops for Chairman, CEO, Board of Director members, and all levels of employees to ensure that all are engaged in active "Crisis Communications Education and Prevention" ' -- so critical for companies of all sizes, given the lightening speed of misinformation via social media, especially TWITTER, and, most sadly the violent tragedies Americans have faced in recent months, e.g., the Boston Marathon bombing, and the horrible tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, to name just two.

After an exceptional 20-year career, I felt it was time to begin a new career chapter, to meet new companies and teams and support and guide them in all areas of corporate communications.

Shortly after leaving BIC in November, I formed KWONG Communications LLC, so
  more... I could do pro-bono work for not-for-profit organizations. This work is fulfilling and my clients are wonderful.

However, I greatly miss being a member of a corporate team and setting and exceeding strategic goals with my colleagues, closely aligned with the corporation's Vision and Values.
Pros
Culture of Teamwork, and Continuous Learning through BIC University
Cons
N/a
Great family oriented business
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 5, 2013
A typical day at work was hectic running all if the IT functions.
What you learned was everything about manufacturing.
Management was like a dictatorship
My co-workers were young talented IT individuals.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the demands of the business.
The most enjoyable part of the job the day to day work.
Easy work and fun people
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2013
People are very enjoyable and supportive. Bic is like one big family.
Bic always show great appreciation for their employees as a whole.
Pros
great motivation and awards for employees
Cons
no advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bic Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.