BIC Employee Reviews

Hot environment-poor point system
3rd Shift packer (Former Employee) –  sunset rdSeptember 1, 2016
work environment was not adequate enough for the pay. there is no room for advancement. and no raises were given. I would only recommend this job if you are looking to make money fast because it is immediate hire.
Bic
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCFebruary 18, 2016
loved my job co-works and management was very sweet and the hardest part I would say was standing up for 10 hours learned how to maintain an good productive number
Pros
you get three breaks
Cons
they are short
Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper
Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2014
• Bookkeeper duties such as AP/AR, processing payroll for employees via ADP, reconciling accounts, and generating
financial reports for management.
• Human Resource duties such as new hire applications, employee benefits, and verification of references.
• Office Managerial duties, maintenance of office computers
• Administrative duties for numerous departments and management.
• Data entry of purchase orders, Request for Quotes, and correspondence between buyers, vendors, and management.
• Answering phones, faxing, filing, and basic office duties as well.
Packinging products,shipping and Organizing
Packer (Former Employee) –  NC,North CarolinaFebruary 15, 2016
Packing merchandise, unpacking items 20 pounds, Packaged items into boxes and shipped. Worked with machinery along with packaging within the machinery.
Pros
Payment
Cons
Short lunchbreaks
fun place to work very active
Printer (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNDecember 21, 2015
a typical day at work was clocking in getting an order ready printing getting cleaned up and do over again. I felt comfortable there but hours weren't working out due to child at home
Pros
being comfortable
Cons
short lunch
This is a very high stress environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJuly 9, 2015
I would have appreciated more support and training from supervisors.

We had a huge amount of responsibility and very limited training. I worked with many great people and will continue to stay in contact with them. There was very little communication.
Pros
lunch was 40 minutes and was paid
Cons
unrealistic goals, harsh working environment, little training, bad communication
Very good to their employees
Indexer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 21, 2013
I was only at temp at BIC but the upper management was all about their employees. They expected hard work from each person but at the same time if things with life, such as kids, school, or family issues came up they were very understanding. I mainly did data entry and the regular employees at BIC taught me a lot. It was a great place to work and I had a very good experience there.
Pros
promoted employee appreciation
Cons
it was onky a temp position
A good fast production company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2015
It was a job that was fast paste and strickly by the rules .It teach u the meaning of been to work on time and not one min late ,
production (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNMarch 24, 2013
Packing/printing koozies and helping others pack products. The people were nice and would offer help if needed. The worst part was when you would get an order for 40-50 thousand and they want it done at the end of the day, it's not that easy when 3/4 of your crew is playing around most of the time.
Pros
the 1st wednesday of the month, everyone gets free rolls/donuts from the bakery.
Cons
2 /15 minute breaks and 1 /30 minute
Dinamic teamwork place
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 1, 2013
Before turning my computer, I would open the report of sales from the day before and make a list of the things that must be finish by the end of the day, and things that I would like to do by the end of the day to accomplish the goals in terms of sales, profit, issued credit cards, and inventory management. After that I would divide the tasks between the seven groups in the store groups by order of priority. The priority 'A' list should be composed of the most urgent tasks, like put the promotional sales products on the sales floor. 'B' should contain slightly less important tasks and 'C' should list tasks that it would be good to finish if the time is available. In a morning meeting with the team I would beginning explain the goals of the most difficult task 'A,' and work my way through that section of the list with each group. While the groups would be working on the sales floor I would go and check the competition and what they are doing that I should respond to or not, also check the cash sales from the day before, schedule and prepare for the inventory deliveries for the week or month, check the credits cards issued the day before and the accuracy with the company’s standard’s procedures, program with other local managers the marketing strategies for the week and month, check budged, schedule interviews for new employees, among many other things related with the operations of a 4000 m2 store. Before lunch I would check if the groups completed the tasks and we would have a minimum 30-minute break to have entertaining activities within groups members to relax and reenergize  more... for the rest of the day. During the day I would check my list and determine whether or not the previous hour was productive. Managing my day on an hourly basis allowed me to remain focused. At the end of the day, I would take five minutes to review our accomplishments with the supervisors. If we did not complete a task, together we would try to figure out why so that you can remedy the problem the following day.  less
Pros
fast pace
Cons
not so much time to create strategies
benefits and pay were good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCDecember 14, 2012
Needs new upper management. Co-worker were good people to work with.
Bic is a productive place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2013
Bic is a nice place to work there is something different going on all the time. At Bic there is always something that needs to get done.
Atention to details
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 1, 2013
Responsibility to monitor information for the BIC members and to promote the brand among new potential members.
 Help to represent BIC with Federal Agencies and the Congress on public policy issues including financial regulation, energy, tax, trade, healthcare and other issues.
 Organized both formal and informal business coalition meetings on a variety of public policy issues. For example the last event it was a roundtable discussion with Ambassador Roberto Azevêdo, Brazilian Ambassador to the World Trade Organization, providing an update on the U.S. - Brazil WTO cotton dispute
 Develop and maintain relationships with Administration and Agency officials as well as Congressional staff.
 Research and track federal legislative and regulatory issues as requested, communicate impact analyses to Executive Director, BIC Members, and use the information in BIC’s publications and other communications tools.
 Expanded BIC activities by implementing a project that supports Brazilian companies affected by the Food Safety Administration Act (FSMA) from Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
 Developed and implement ideas for achieving more members through portal/newsletters on web site, maintaining and enhancing BIC website including the content of issue briefs in all social media.
 Introduced multi level social media marketing to BIC
 Maintaining relationships with political and policy membership organizations such as BUSBC, FDA, EPA, U.S. Chamber of Commerce as well as members of the media such as Washington Post, Abril Editions, The Economist and other organizations.
 Provide assistance
  more... in global trade facilitation of BIC members interests, including analysis of tariffs and import numbers to assist members in sourcing and market access decisions.  less
Pros
high level of involvement
Cons
no opportunity to grow
N/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2013
I learned how to work at a steady pace and how to multitask at a high speed.
Muy bueno.
Atención al cliente/proveedores (Former Employee) –  Encargada, at. al cliente y proveedores.September 12, 2014
Poder organizar el trabajo es siempre favorable, muy buena relación con mis compañeros, los colegas del resto de los locales y principalmente con los consumidores.
Llevar un correcto control hizo que todo funcione a la perfección.
Pros
todo.