Bidgely has developed innovative algorithms to analyze Smart Meter data for creating itemized energy use information that never existed before. The company takes a highly scalable & low resistance approach to deploying its solution to capture a market that is predicted to be billions of dollars in next few years. The combination of big data in energy, data mining and consumer advertising come together to make this world a greener place by helping reduce energy consumption at a massive scale. The company is well funded by Tier-1 investor in silicon valley.
- Lead an existing team of data analytics research scientists to perform cutting edge energy analytics - at least technically, preferably also as a people manager
- Continue to hire and build a world class data science team for success
- Design innovative algorithms to solve real world energy problems
- Drive day to day experiment choices for exploring solutions to a given problem
- Productize the proven algorithms on tight time schedules
- Manage IP portfolio by filing patents to strengthen competitive positioning
A sample of projects that we are working on and problems that we are trying to solve:
- Appliance Energy Signatures. It is the pattern recognition algorithms applied to the energy consumption signatures of various appliances to extract them from the whole house energy profile from Smart Meters.
- Handling Big Data. With live data from millions of homes, imagine how interesting it would be to be able to predict the clustering of appliances based on model, year, geography, efficiency and user behavior.
- 7-10+ years of industry experience in the Data Mining and Analytics Research having delivered solutions that are operational in real life applications
- BS/MS/PhD/PhD dropout in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas.
- Strong background in data mining, machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Expert pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills (time series analysis, Markov chains, decision trees, etc.)
- Keen aptitude for large scale data analysis with a knack for identifying key insights from data.
- Fluency in programming languages like C/C++/Java.
- Fluency in analytical tools such as Matlab, R, Weka etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong intuition and ability to dig deeper into data
- Past experience of leading or managing an analytics team a big plus.
- Ability to prototype fast solutions and productize the successful prototypes into production code
- Ability to enjoy working hard in a high caliber team
- Startup friendly
Indeed - 18 months ago
Who We Are
Bidgely (which means "electricity" in Hindi) is a highly energetic and innovative startup working on something that...