BIG BOWL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun work place
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 21, 2017
Big bowl is an easy and fun place to work. The management staff is awesome. Very easy to make good money here due to the high ticket price items on the menu.
Pros
health insurance benefits
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
The work environment here was wonderful. Management was good and made sure all their employees were taken care of. Typical work day here was fun. A lot of support system given and all the staff were friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, discounted meals, and awesome staff
Fun and workful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 31, 2017
I had some good times at Big Bowl i got to meet new people and some people i already knew. it was is a great place to work you can learn alot and how to move up in the company, it located at Ronald Regan National Airport
Good Learning Experience
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMay 20, 2016
Had a good experience working in the restaurant and learning many different things within the restaurant such as people skills and salesmanship. Staff was great and worked together to get tasks done. Management kept the environment positive and helped staff. There weren't too many difficulties working at Big Bowl, when challenges came up they were quickly resolved due too productivity of staff and management. The most enjoyable part of job was the friendliness of the staff.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Great job
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2016
It was a great face pace job. Good pay. Love the hours. The managers were cool. Work was good. 8 hour days they were very flexible with schedules always got my forty hours
un buen ambiente de trabajo
cocinero (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 11, 2015
es un trabajo muy agradable por que en el trabajo no habia ningun tipo de enbidias como lo hay en otros lugares de trabajo lo mas dificil es cuando hay bastante gente q atender pero lo bueno de eso es que el tiempo se pasa bien rapido y no te fastidias de trabajar asi
Pros
vacasiones, dias festivos pagados
Cons
no hay descanso hasta cerrar
Fun and Fast-paced
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 7, 2015
Great place to work. If you are looking for a pretty laidback serving position, this is where you want to go. Great food, great staff, and great hours.
Pros
co-workers, easy money
Cons
unpredictable amount of money made in a shift
typical day working for Big Bolw
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2015
typical day at work would be me coming in to work and jumping right in looking at the inventory seeing what is needed then slicing vegetables or weighing out measurments necessary for the food we cooked. Also the day consisted of dishwashing none stop going back and forth as the day gets busier.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Location being at Navy pier.
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Place to Work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 7, 2014
The typical day in the big bowl kitchen was very fun and exciting the amount of dishes to wash were plenty it wasn't bad because it kept you really busy the management were very nice and friendly co- workers stayed busy as well they also kept a smile on their faces we all we happy to be at work the hardest part of the job was the end of the night before we had to close we had to literally wash all the dishes that were used during the shift to tell the truth i've never had so much fun:) speed and accuracy is all i can say I learned alot about the art of washing dishes more importantly i understood the best part of the job were the people around me.
Pros
Free Lunch- I Learn a great deal about cooking as well.
Cons
I'm going to miss that job
You should look elsewhere
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 6, 2014
This place has some of the best Asian food in the twin cities, but the treat their workers as expendable sheep.
Great management and healthy work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 12, 2012
With no hesitation, I give many accolades to the management and staff at Big Bowl. On a daily basis, I am encouraged and rewarded for meeting the expectations of both the restaurant and customer. I am proud of the product I am serving and would recommend anyone to the Lettuce Entertain You family of companies. Both Big Bowl and Lettuce Entertain You are efficiently organized and professionally staffed from the top down, which is evident to both the company employees and the clientele alike.