Big Boy Employee Reviews

Loved seeing smiling faces
Server (Former Employee) –  Milan, MIFebruary 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Big Boy. I enjoyed making others happy. I stayed busy and staying busy is always a plus. I learned how to upsell. When a person wanted water I would suggest a hot cup of coffee or a refreshing glass of strawberry lemonade. The hardest part of the job was getting so busy and there would be 10 tables that needed drinks. I loved it though because I always got through it and made my customers happy.
Very unreliable
Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIDecember 21, 2016
While they were aware of my scheduling issues they continued to be difficult and released me because i couldnt work on monday mornings. If you are considering big boy grand blanc for a job. Keep track of you hour they have a habit of under paying. Poorly managed and owned as well as very dirty and unsanitary.
Pros
Hood night crew
Cons
Management and cleanliness
Fun and relaxed workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, MIDecember 8, 2016
Fun and relaxed workplace and an enjoyable place to work with great regular custmers who are loyal to the restaurant. Great management who are great at working with schedules.
Pros
50% off food while working
Cons
no benefits for part time jobs
Family oriented work place
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIDecember 4, 2016
A typical day at work is very calm,laughter,and team work. I learned how to buss tables,take to go orders,and help out my employees. The hardest part of the job was when we had a rush,there would be so many people and we had to take names and buss tables as we go. Management was great to a certain degree. The general manager had really bad attitude and didn't know how to speak with people. My coworkers were the best. They where outgoing and we helped each other out without criticism. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the customers and making sure they loved there service.
Pros
Free food on holiday's and Great overtime
They are closed now
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MI 49307November 30, 2016
I worked there for about 2 years and I did enjoy it for a job during college but would not want to work there again. They are closed now
Decent customers
Server (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 6, 2016
Decent customers and business, but customers don't seem to tip well. Management doesn't work around schedules well at all, making it almost impossible to have a second job if needed.
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 24, 2016
-serving customers with there food items
-politeness goes a long way
-nice management
-my coworkers were nice
-hardest part of my job was doing things while pregnant
Pros
great fun great smiles
Cons
not to many breaks
Awful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 30, 2016
Overworked for the pay offered. Flexible schedule, but you overworked for every penny you earned.

Management was very very disrespectful, rarely present, and put their tasks on employees making less than minimum wage.
loved working here
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIAugust 26, 2016
The co workers and management made the job worth working there. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the different customers that came in and interacting with them.
productive work place where everyone got along at
Server (Former Employee) –  Alpena, MIAugust 18, 2016
i am a hard worker i like to keep busy and am always eager to give great customer service and to do what it takes to make the customers happy. Not all days at work are a breeze so on those days i would get frustrated i would take a minute to myself or if i needed help i would ask for help if i couldnt resolve the situation i would get a manager and hope to resolve the issue to satisfy the customer. i am a fast paced worker and can handle alot at once and when i feel i cant handle something i ask for help. When you have a good team it makes things go so smoothly so you could help each other out when needed so noone gets frustrated. i enjoy being a team player and helping my coworkers even when you have a conflict with someone you have to put things aside and put work first. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to know everything dont always have to be serious work can be fun as well. The hardest part of the job is when you get a table that is not satisfied no matter how hard you tried but you know you did your best to satisfy them. But you still walked to and from that table with a smile hoping you pleased them with the best customer service.
terrible
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 15, 2016
this job was good in the beginning but after awhile the job it drains you because they rely on you and and don't like taking no for an answer
lively work environment with diverse coworkers
cook (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMay 31, 2016
I worked with a variety of coworkers with somewhat flexible hours and a good work environment. The managers are willing to work with most conflicts in time you may have.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
cleanliness needed some work
fast pace environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Marysville, MIMay 29, 2016
cooking orders cleaning , prepping food, stocking, very hot place to work, management and co workers good, love the fast pace working environment.
Good Place for experience
Greeter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 21, 2016
the job requires talking to many customers and that helps me become better at communicating and getting experience, because i see a lot of people. There are very nice co-workers that i work with that became my friends, we also help each other at work. Sometimes the job becomes stressful when it's really busy and the workers can't keep up with everything like cashing out people and taking orders on the phone and the employees have to work fast because they would be under pressure.
Pros
Making friends, gaining self confidence while talking to people
Cons
stressful job
Enjoyable work environment providing personal growth
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Saint Johns, MIMay 20, 2016
My expedience at St. Johns Big Boy was wonderful. I would start my day walking in the front door as I received a friendly greeting from my fellow co workers. As we worked we would communicate with our costumers as well as with each other and present a professional but personal atmosphere. I would love to catch up with the regulars and receive life advice. This job taught me valuable work, communication, organizational and life skills.
Pros
Personal, enjoyable
Cons
limited hours, too far
great starting job
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 17, 2016
good starting job staff is very personable outgoing people everyone knows each other and is a family kind of work place. owner gets very attached to workers can at times be a good thing and at times very bad staff doesn't carry out duties evenly
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
staff comes second, if the owner doesnt personnaly like you she targets you
productive, fast paced great place to work
Cook, server (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIMay 16, 2016
I really enjoyed the management and co workers at this job. It was very busy at times and I made pretty good money. Weekends were always busy and everyone worked well as a team.
Pros
discounted food, met great people
Cons
night time hours
Great
MANAGER / WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIMay 4, 2016
Loved the job and everyone I worked with and for. They saw potential in me and actually did something about it. (Why I started as a server and moved to management).
Fun to work there
Dishwasher/Prep Cook/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Essexville, MIApril 20, 2016
It was a lot of fun to work here. All the people were very nice when I worked there and management was excellent. They promoted cross training there so I knew how to preform a few jobs there instead of one. Overall I really liked working here however it was a little labor intensive and it did get very intense sometimes but it is the restaurant business and it is to be expected to be like that.
n/a
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, MI 49770April 19, 2016
Serving was a really fun job and learning to do it at Big Boy was one of the best experiences I could have asked for. Big Boy is one of the best family businesses to work for. They are very dedicated to their name and people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big Boy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7