Big Boy

Big Boy Employee Reviews

Excellent Culture to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Ongoing learning environment, great training by assistant manager and general manager
Cons: none
I enjoyed my time with Big Boy, the culture is great and it is a ongoing training environment. Very interactive with guests and employees as well, general manager and assistant manager do very well at training a new manager. Home office very open to speaking to store managers at whatever may be an issue. Very warm and welcoming atmosphere for managers, employees and guests.
fun place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free maels
Cons: the breaks thirthy minutes
Dish Wash unloading food truck bussing tables working with good co-workers and managers the hardest part is when a co-worker don't show up and you have to stay late the most enjoyable part is the wonderful customers
Great place
cashier/ waitress/ hostess/ server (Former Employee), Cherokee, NCJanuary 15, 2015
The people there where very nice and helpful. They all had great attitudes. The vide there was wonderful.
Day to day
Server (Former Employee), Eastpointe, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: people friendly
Cons: horrible enviroment
The place itself was fun to be at. I liked the constant movement, but it was constantly having the police called. It got to a point i no longer was comfortable being there.
loved it
Customer service (Former Employee), Hastings, MIDecember 2, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: not a stable income
it was my first job and it was a perfect match for me. I wouldn't really change anything about it just left town and so switching jobs was a must
Busy and fast-paced workplace.Great for experience!
Waitress (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 7, 2014
Pros: tips!
Cons: no bus-boy=more work with less time
I enjoyed working at Big Boys (for the most part). My hours weren't very long and I was able to make a decent amount in tips each night. My coworkers were friendly and helpful, and my manager was outgoing with the customers. The worst part of the job was the side-work, and never enough time to finish all of it. And of course, no one liked when the occasional rude person came in. The best part of the job was meeting and becoming friendly with the regular customers. We also had a lot of families come in, and putting a smile on the kids face was always a joy. I learned time management, memorization, and multitasking. I'm glad I was able to come away from the job with having learned some valuable skills.
good first job.
Server (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 30, 2014
it was a great place for a first job. i learned the responsibilities of having a real job.
This is a fast paced & challenging environment typical of most corporate retailers. However, the rewards outweigh overall.
Senior Merchandiser (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Stressful place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), Kalkaska, MISeptember 10, 2014
Management was poor, and coworkers were very immature. the food was all cheap and most staff was severely under trained. The only real benefit was meeting a few good people and getting a discount on my lunches.
Hard work but not helpful and few possibilities of advancement
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Manistique, MISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free drinks and half off price of food
Cons: short or no breaks, no advancement, no health care, and no job security
I've worked for the same position for 2 years and I mainly work by myself. I've learned about responsibilities and the right ways on how to do my job. In summer and part of spring and fall I have co-workers in the dish room with me. When working with co-workers in the dish room I do most of the work.
Productive fast paced
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Midland, MISeptember 1, 2014
A typical day was wonderful. It had great management structure. The coworkers were wonderful and would always cheer you up. The hardest part of being a waitress is being polite to people whom weren't polite to you.
Friendly staff
Server (Former Employee), Grayling, MIAugust 18, 2014
Friendly staff, and good work environment. Good temporary workplace.
Easily making money
Waitress (Former Employee), Romeo, MIJuly 23, 2014
A typical day would be checking on tables and making sure customers are satisfied. my management was always there when needed. my co-workers were alright to work with but goofed around to much.
Fun and Enjoyable Work Place
Waitress (Former Employee), Greenville, MIJuly 17, 2014
I enjoyed working with this company and looked forward to going to work every day
Very productive a fun and easy place to work at
Hostess/ Cashier (Former Employee), West Branch, MIJuly 15, 2014
I enjoyed working at big boy, from management down to the dishwashers, and waitresses.
Nice place to work
HOH trainer (Former Employee), Rochester, MIJuly 5, 2014
Pros: hard work pays off
Cons: no such thing as a set schedule for a cook or trainer
This is a nice place to work if your willing to work n show you care about what presence and attitude your guests see and taste.
I enjoyed my job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, MIJune 21, 2014
I enjoyed my job and the people that I worked with. The hardest part of my job was having two bosses that didn't always agree and I wasn't sure which one I was suppose to follow some directives from when they disagreed on something.
Good starting job for many. Many can make a career at Big Boy corporation. Franchise are smaller operations so opportunities vary.
Cook (Current Employee), Davison, MIJune 17, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on meals and a flexible schedule.
Cons: no health care
The job is fast paced and fun.during my time at Big Boy I learned food safety and customer service. The Management team is solid at daily operations. My co-workers were like family at all of the stores I worked at. The hardest part of the job is being able to multitask and remaining organized in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pride you feel when you know that you put a smile on a customer's face.
Working for a Tyrant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mason, MIMay 29, 2014
Pros: always tasks to complete and everyday new challenges.
Cons: long hours, always short on help, and high turn-over becouse of the martyr we worked for.
Great Co-workers, Upper Management not so great. Worked a lot of nights so having any family time was a difficult situation. A loose environment which made managing teens difficult at times. The hardest part of the job was going around repairing employees confidence after the upper Management would destructively criticize, yell and at times swear so loud that the guests could hear. The Higher-ups rarely managed, or coached employees, rather spent time waiting tables. They would steal tables from other servers that were in their section, calling those table their peeps. They would also verbally abuse specific employees daily and unfairly, on the other side they had their favorites, employees that got away with more than others. One example would be the denial and covering up of a employee drinking on the job daily.
Loved it
Dishwasher/ Food Prep (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMay 24, 2014
I loved my job Until we got new management but I loved being around all the people and what I did meant something to me and I loved being active

1 2 3