Big Brothers Big Sisters Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with little drama
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2017
Great place to work, wish I never left, I worked alone on one of their donation trucks to pick up donations from around the city, had plenty of freedom to do the job as needed and always had help if I needed it.
Nice, fun place to work; diverse staff and well rounded
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 19, 2017
The CEO of BBBS Dane County make working here a good, friendly place to work. What they do for kids is commendable and very much needed. I believe that all that work here really care about kids!
New CEO was awful
Community Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 19, 2017
Good place to work great benefits and will work around you schedule when needed for home life etc. The managers are easy to talk to and showed concern if any problems or issues arrived
Overworked and underpaid
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
This is a great company but there is no job advancement and you only make money if your'e a director or CEO. I loved helping the families but upper management is only interested in the numbers. They have a high turn over rate with employees.
I believe in their mission
Call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain Lake, NJOctober 16, 2017
I think their mission of helping others and going out to people homes to pick up whatever they are discarding to help others that are less fortunate is very worthy.
It's okay!
Site and School based Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 9, 2017
It's an okay company. I feel there is a lack of training. The employees are not too social and don't make new people feel welcome. Very immature staff.
Pros
salary, holidays off.
Cons
rude staff, lack of training, stressed days etc.
I was a volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2017
I never got paid. I did not work here. I am a volunteer mentor for a young teenager. I have volunteered for 4 years and continue to volunteer. I enjoy this volunteer job very much.
Small team... Great work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 19, 2017
Working with kids and adult mentors was satisfying. We had a small team one case worker myself, actives director, financial officer and director who all worked well together. Non-profit agency.
Pros
small close net team
kind and giving work place
Customer Relations/Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 19, 2017
Interviewed and enrolled matches into the program. some travel to other communities and schools in order to establish potential candidates for the program
Pros
helping others
Cons
low salary
summary
| Dates (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Lack of cultural awareness
no racial sensitivity
all about the money, not community. The bad leadership and work environment starts with the CEO. They wont last much longer.
Pros
its a job
Cons
Not a very good one
very fun
United Way, Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXSeptember 14, 2017
This is a great organization. It enables people to get out and help the kids that are less fortunate in the community. It's a great way to get your face out there
BBBS is Great
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WASeptember 7, 2017
I loved my time at BBBS as a mentor. It was a very fulfilling experience that I was glad to be a part of. I really loved seeing how I was able to make a difference in my "Littles" life as far as school.
Pros
Awesome Experience
Low Pay , Constant Goal, supportive managers
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 26, 2017
Tedious work.Always trying to reach some sort of goal for grants. Defiantly not an entry level job. Home Visits. Work culture weird. Manager willing to help when needed, but don't ask for a raise because that goal is too adventurous. You can make your own schedule, on the flip side match support needs later hours.
Pros
flex-time, 18 vacation days, learn great skills
Cons
low pay, late hours, no advancements, no raises
Wonderful management and co-workers
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2017
I spent a lot of time on the phone and traveling from school to school.
I learned to use my time wisely so I could work more efficiently.
The management was wonderful! I can't say enough about the amazing managers. The culture was also wonderful! The hardest part of the job was traveling to opposite sides of town just about everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping match kids with their Big Brother or Big Sister.
Pros
Wonderful mangement
Cons
Poor Salary
Excellent program, excellent job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJAugust 14, 2017
I passionately enjoyed working at this non-profit organization and wished I could have longer. The in office environment was stressful at times, but worth while and rewarding. I learned countless things about working at a front desk and take it with me wherever I go.
Pros
Positive program to be involved in
Cons
Relocation
Private owned company
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Randolph NjAugust 7, 2017
I worked there for 2 years out of highschool. Minimum wage as a porter, laborer. Planting various trees. All through NJ. Use of heavy machinery on a daily basis
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Very strenous
Not bad
Match Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 4, 2017
Depending upon the position, it can be a slow day or a very fast paced non-stop day. I wouldn't recommend it for males and I wouldn't recommend it for people that get bored easily.
Pros
Loving culture
Cons
Boring, slow
N/a
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 2, 2017
It was a great organization who really keep their clients and staff in mind. Their programs are made to fit the population of clients they serve and provide excellent care.
perfect for students in high school!
Volunteer to mentor young students (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2017
i volunteered in high school as volunteer hour participation and you build relationships with children on a weekly basis, very cool! you act as a mentor for them.
Intern
Intern- Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2017
It is a great place to do your internship for college. I did it for my psychology degree and it was awesome. I really don't have too much else to say about it. It was an unpaid internship.