Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters Employee Reviews

Teaching a child
Volunteer (Former Employee), Winona, MNJune 21, 2015
I would pick my little up from school and then we would pick an activity. some of the activities we picked where arts and crafts, bowling, movies. and home work when she hadn't finished it. I learned how to be dependable for a little girl. he hardest part was ending my mach becasue I moved away from college. The best part was watching her grow over the 4 years.
A great organization to work with
Internship- Special Events Intern (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 21, 2015
Big Brothers Big Sisters has offered me a great internship with plenty of career specific experience, and an amazing staff that helps along the way.
Great thing to do
Mentor (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: changing lives
I love helping others and this program gives you the ability to help make a change in someone life. Not all children have problems as people may feel some just want a older sibiling.
Great place to intern
Intern (Former Employee), GainesvilleJune 17, 2015
Great hands-on learning experience, gained a lot of insight into working at the office and how the process works in recruiting and interviewing potential Bigs. Management was very helpful and supportive
bigbrothers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJune 17, 2015
easy money, no benefits, supervisors are mean, the co workers are awesome. Its a very easy job. Hardest part of the job when people hang up on you
n/a
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), LaGrange, GeorgiaJune 9, 2015
Learned how to work in a non profit environment. Hardest part was not having enough support from the staff, not having enough training for the job or funds to cover expenses.
N/A
Case Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 1, 2015
Good Place and enjoy working with Children. Look forward to seeing more children grow in the World. Talking to different parents and finding out children needs
Great Company
Program Admin Coordinator (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 31, 2015
The mission is amazing and everyday Big Brother Big Sisters does an amazing job at being the catalyst of change to children and young adults throughout all of Kansas through one to one mentorship.
I loved working here and worked for them for many years
Community Outreach Supervisor / CSR (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great company of many people they were like family
Cons: the new supervisor
They hired a new supervisor for our department, who caused a lot of problems and lied on many. other than that I loved my job. wish I was still there, but I moved to Fort Smith AR where my family is from.
Fun College Job
Outreach Coordinator Big Brother Big Sisters (Current Employee), Laramie, WYMay 10, 2015
BBBS is a terrific place to learn and grow in the nonprofit sector. The work is fulfilling and the experience was second to none.
Mission and Teamwork
Match Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great Location
Cons: Limited opportunites for job advancement
BBBS is a good agency that helps children and families in need. I enjoy the collaborative team work within departments.
fun workplace
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Mountain Lakes, NJApril 16, 2015
A typical day would be on the start of shift our manager motivates us by giving us a speech about what to look forward to that evening and pepping us up. The management team is great to work with and for. – more... My co-workers are some of the greatest people I have ever met. We all have a shared interest on helping the less fortunate children. The hardest part of my job has to be when I get a rude customer that is not willing to just take the time to listen to the brief speech given over the phone. The only way to deal with it is to let them hang up on you or calmly explain to them why you are calling. What I enjoy most is getting an over achieving amount of "promises" from the donors at the end of the day. – less
It always great to give back
Mentor/Tutor and Office Assistant (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 31, 2015
Working with BBBS i got the opportunity to meet some amazing children in the Knoxville area. Mentoring and tutoring were apart of my daily routine at BBBS, but nothing beats the smile on a childs face when you come to visit.
Intern
Health Awareness Coordinator (Current Employee), Bloomington, INMarch 13, 2015
Great place to be an intern. I'm learning a lot and would recommend it to any college student to look into. There is a great atmosphere and workers are there because they want to be.
Productive and Fun Work Place. I had a great experience.
AmeriCorps Member (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great experience, great supervisors, and got to learn and enhance some skills
Cons: only one year long service term
I had a great experience with this agency. I had a great supervisor who met with me once a month to discuss how I have been doing. She would work with me to help improve the skills that I was learning – more... within the year. At this agency I helped make some of the programs that were offered in the Project Mentor program. Then I worked with kids in the Columbus School district to be a part of the project mentor programs. I got to work with the kids, nmentor, and the childrens families. I had to take case notes, and work to help the children to stay on track to graduate. – less
This was a good job for many years, but after the change in CEO things changed.
Match Support Specialist (Former Employee), homeFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: flexibility, independance
Cons: paperwork and change of ceo
I love working with families and helping others make their lives better. I enjoyed the flexibility of this job and the ability to work from home. I also like my team of coworkers and always felt supported.

The hardest thing about the job was all the paperwork and meeting deadlines. The best thing was seeing changed in lives and relationships being built.
somers point
Office Manager (Former Employee), somers pointJanuary 25, 2015
typical day at work, come in, get my coffee, sign into network, turn answering service off, start working, take lunch, back to work, make any necessary phone calls,
Fun workplace
Mentor Program (Current Employee), Lompoc, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fun workplace, great atmosphere
Big Brothers Big Sisters is overall a fun workplace to interact with children. This program is held at the Boys and Girls Club in Lompoc so we get to hangout in the gym, play room or outside. My co-workers – more... are awesome and we all have a blast playing with the kids. I am glad I am volunteering for this program because its humbled me as a person, I have made a lot of friends, and it is a great way to build my resume. – less
Non Profit mentoring program
Special Events (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility and the ability to grow within the company
Cons: departments operated seperately
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the effects the organization had on the children. The are a company that actually makes a difference in the community.
BBBS
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: overall good working evironment
Cons: commute
Weekly AP processing Pcard coding and processing, month end JEs

1 2 3 4 5

About Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children reach their potential through one-to-one professionally supported relationships. The organization – Read more

Big Brothers Big Sisters Salaries