Big Brothers Big Sisters Employee Reviews

Great Company
Mentor and Speaker (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 27, 2015
Great company and helps so many other people, especially kids. Wonderful experience opportunity for a social worker just out of the master's program
Overall Great Experience
Volunteer Community Clean (Former Employee), Henrico, VAAugust 25, 2015
Working as a volunteer to help with cleaning impoverished neighborhoods that have been deprived of assistance. I have learned the value of helping our communities and how helping clean up a area can also change someones outlook on a neighborhood.
Works one on one with child
Counselor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2015
Very rewarding job. Learn great techniques that you can use in any job. Families are very fun to work with. Job environment is very encouraging.
A great place to connect a diverse group of people
Site Based Specialist (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, staff members are supportive, and the pay is cool for part time.
Cons: Not enough hours, you really can't grow in the company unless we win togethr the megamillions
I truly enjoy working at Big Brothers Big Sisters because of their mission to connect young people with someone that they can confide in and usually depend on.
big brother big sister
Big Sister (Former Employee), Napa, CAAugust 3, 2015
i volunteered there every Thursday. I helped kids out with homework, played bored games, played on the playground/ did many activities with the kids. everyone was nice and the kids where always good
Great workplace!
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 27, 2015
i really enjoyed what the company stood for.....kids. Working there was a great learning experience. Great atmosphere!
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Resource Development Director (Former Employee), Midland, TXJuly 23, 2015
Typically there was a lot of time spent in the office but there were out-of-office activities scheduled on a weekly basis. These included mentor interviews, family activities, filming P.S.A.'s, fundraising, meetings and trainings. I most enjoyed the knowledge that I was helping better the lives of local children.
good experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), St. Cloud, MNJuly 15, 2015
volunteering to help a child is important and beneficial to both parties. it's a learning experience and spending just a little time with a child on a weekly basis can make all the difference for them.
Job was decent
Match Support Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaJuly 1, 2015
Most of the people at the organization really care about the kids they serve. Others just seemed to care about the adults.
Teaching a child
Volunteer (Former Employee), Winona, MNJune 21, 2015
I would pick my little up from school and then we would pick an activity. some of the activities we picked where arts and crafts, bowling, movies. and home work when she hadn't finished it. I learned how to be dependable for a little girl. he hardest part was ending my mach becasue I moved away from college. The best part was watching her grow over the 4 years.
A great organization to work with
Internship- Special Events Intern (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 21, 2015
Big Brothers Big Sisters has offered me a great internship with plenty of career specific experience, and an amazing staff that helps along the way.
Great thing to do
Mentor (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: changing lives
I love helping others and this program gives you the ability to help make a change in someone life. Not all children have problems as people may feel some just want a older sibiling.
Great place to intern
Intern (Former Employee), GainesvilleJune 17, 2015
Great hands-on learning experience, gained a lot of insight into working at the office and how the process works in recruiting and interviewing potential Bigs. Management was very helpful and supportive
bigbrothers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJune 17, 2015
easy money, no benefits, supervisors are mean, the co workers are awesome. Its a very easy job. Hardest part of the job when people hang up on you
n/a
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), LaGrange, GeorgiaJune 9, 2015
Learned how to work in a non profit environment. Hardest part was not having enough support from the staff, not having enough training for the job or funds to cover expenses.
N/A
Case Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 1, 2015
Good Place and enjoy working with Children. Look forward to seeing more children grow in the World. Talking to different parents and finding out children needs
Great Company
Program Admin Coordinator (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 31, 2015
The mission is amazing and everyday Big Brother Big Sisters does an amazing job at being the catalyst of change to children and young adults throughout all of Kansas through one to one mentorship.
I loved working here and worked for them for many years
Community Outreach Supervisor / CSR (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great company of many people they were like family
Cons: the new supervisor
They hired a new supervisor for our department, who caused a lot of problems and lied on many. other than that I loved my job. wish I was still there, but I moved to Fort Smith AR where my family is from.
Fun College Job
Outreach Coordinator Big Brother Big Sisters (Current Employee), Laramie, WYMay 10, 2015
BBBS is a terrific place to learn and grow in the nonprofit sector. The work is fulfilling and the experience was second to none.
Mission and Teamwork
Match Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great Location
Cons: Limited opportunites for job advancement
BBBS is a good agency that helps children and families in need. I enjoy the collaborative team work within departments.