Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun Work Place. I had a great experience.
AmeriCorps Member (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great experience, great supervisors, and got to learn and enhance some skills
Cons: only one year long service term
I had a great experience with this agency. I had a great supervisor who met with me once a month to discuss how I have been doing. She would work with me to help improve the skills that I was learning within the year. At this agency I helped make some of the programs that were offered in the Project Mentor program. Then I worked with kids in the Columbus School district to be a part of the project mentor programs. I got to work with the kids, nmentor, and the childrens families. I had to take case notes, and work to help the children to stay on track to graduate.
This was a good job for many years, but after the change in CEO things changed.
Match Support Specialist (Former Employee), homeFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: flexibility, independance
Cons: paperwork and change of ceo
I love working with families and helping others make their lives better. I enjoyed the flexibility of this job and the ability to work from home. I also like my team of coworkers and always felt supported.

The hardest thing about the job was all the paperwork and meeting deadlines. The best thing was seeing changed in lives and relationships being built.
somers point
Office Manager (Former Employee), somers pointJanuary 25, 2015
typical day at work, come in, get my coffee, sign into network, turn answering service off, start working, take lunch, back to work, make any necessary phone calls,
Fun workplace
Mentor Program (Current Employee), Lompoc, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fun workplace, great atmosphere
Big Brothers Big Sisters is overall a fun workplace to interact with children. This program is held at the Boys and Girls Club in Lompoc so we get to hangout in the gym, play room or outside. My co-workers are awesome and we all have a blast playing with the kids. I am glad I am volunteering for this program because its humbled me as a person, I have made a lot of friends, and it is a great way to build my resume.
Non Profit mentoring program
Special Events (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility and the ability to grow within the company
Cons: departments operated seperately
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the effects the organization had on the children. The are a company that actually makes a difference in the community.
BBBS
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: overall good working evironment
Cons: commute
Weekly AP processing Pcard coding and processing, month end JEs
Great place for family life.
Recruitment Specialist/Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Middletown, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible time
Cons: no advancement
Big Brothers Big Sisters is a national organization, and it provides a place where you are able to have a family and work. A typical day requires case management and research for recruiting. Flexible hours. I learned a lot of new things. The co-workers were great.
funds for marketing is very tight
Current Temporary Assignment (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: attitude of staff is fun and caring
Cons: not entirely organized
Great staff but the transitional period of leadership proves to be difficult as funds are extremely tight.
Efficient
Youth mentoring volunteer (Current Employee), cin, ohOctober 8, 2014
I learned not only an extraordinary amount about children in need but also myself. With this organization I realized my adoration of nonprofit organizations and what they mean to people in need. This human resource is excellent in aiding children of harsh backgrounds and mentoring them to rise higher than the building trend.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Janitor (Current Employee), Chillicothe, OHSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: not a regular job trainning
I DO THE JANITORIAL WORK BY MY SELF HELP OUT WITH OFFICE WORK SOMETIMES CHANGE LIGHTS.
Okay place to work
Internship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: gained office experience
I come in to work and go to my manager to see what I had to work on for the day. I would work on what I was told to work on until my lunch break. I took my 30 minute lunch break. I worked on my work until it was time for me to get off work. I would show my manager the work that I had done. Then I would go home. I learned how to type documents fast. I learned how to research funding sources. My manager and co-workers was so nice to me. There was not a hard part of this job. The most enjoyable part of this job is watching television while eating your lunch.
in between job experiment
Fundraiser (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: residual good feelings
Cons: long hours
I wanted to give back to the community after I was laid off from KPMG so I tried something different. It was fun but a lot of hard work. I enjoyed the experience
Volunteer Experience
Volunteer Work and Internships (Former Employee), Concord, NCAugust 25, 2014
Volunteered at local school for BBBS and worked with elementary school aged female to improve her self esteem by offering games, books to read, and other interactive activities.
Mentoring underprivileged chilren
NON-PROFIT VOLUNTEERING (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CaAugust 22, 2014
-Meeting weekly with a child who is underprivileged
-Mentoring them with school and life challenges
-Setting a positive example for them (inspiring them to consider college, inspiring good behavior, etc...)
Wonderful cause & friendly staff
Events (Current Employee), TexasAugust 11, 2014
Pros: flexible, "feel good" feelings, fun and social office
Cons: managers are on their own time, no room for raises, high turnover, office gossip
Big Brothers Big Sisters is very flexible with time and it's expectations. I learned a lot about the at-risk children in the Texas area and the desperate need for mentors. The cause spoke for it's self, and has a very motivating mission... "Do it for the kids!" Co-workers were somewhat policitcal, typical office space, little drama. Hardest part about my job was the amount of "no's" that were recieved- not everyone loves the mission as much as the BBBS employees. I loved serving the children and seeing the smiles on their faces was completely worth it!
working for a good cause
Partnership Specialist-mentor2.0 (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 11, 2014
worked with an intelligent team
learned something new every day
Rewarding experience
Recruiter (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 9, 2014
Pros: the joy that it gave me to serve the community.
Cons: not enough people saw the value
A typical days work consisted of identifying potential new mentors for the children that we serviced. In addition to identifying companies that we could solicited their participation in the program. As well as setting various recruitment events. The management was great to work for very personable and goal oriented. The entire staff worked together to accomplish the companies goals. The most challenging part of the job was obtaining mentors for the extremely long waiting list of children that we had. Most enjoyable part was the opportunity to get men and women signed up to become mentors and the excitement to make a match.
Informative internship that peaked my interest in the events industry.
Event Planning Internship (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: i learned a lot about the industry, was able to hone in on my skills and talents.
Cons: short internship, wanted to be more hands on with the actule events, hard to work for a non-profit company; budgets are tight.
I had a 20 hour a week internship in the Event/Fund Development office for a non-profit organization. I help with marketing and advertisement, making invitations. I made public speeches in the local community informing residents about events. planned and exceeded fund raisers. Attended fund development meetings.
Small office environment and feel
School-Based Match Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2014
The meaning and values of the agency reflect in its work. It showed that many people were aware of the good happening in the city because of this agency. I had a long commute, that made it difficult to keep up with everything work-wise and at home.
Interning with Big Brothers Big Sisters
Intern (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 26, 2014
Interning with Big Brothers Big Sisters, I have gained invaluable experience. I have had the opportunity to plan a fundraising event with McDonald's, conduct match meetings, contact clients for match support and type up assessments on clientele. The staff is very helpful and have a passion for what they do. Interning with Big Brothers Big Sisters has truly opened my eyes to what others in my community experience and knowing that I am helping them and making an impact is a job well done in my book.

1 2 3 4 5

About Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children reach their potential through one-to-one professionally supported relationships. The organization – Read more