Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters Employer Reviews

Mentoring underprivileged chilren
NON-PROFIT VOLUNTEERING (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CaAugust 22, 2014
-Meeting weekly with a child who is underprivileged
-Mentoring them with school and life challenges
-Setting a positive example for them (inspiring them to consider college, inspiring good behavior, etc...)
Wonderful cause & friendly staff
Events (Current Employee), TexasAugust 11, 2014
Pros: flexible, "feel good" feelings, fun and social office
Cons: managers are on their own time, no room for raises, high turnover, office gossip
Big Brothers Big Sisters is very flexible with time and it's expectations. I learned a lot about the at-risk children in the Texas area and the desperate need for mentors. The cause spoke for it's self, and has a very motivating mission... "Do it for the kids!" Co-workers were somewhat policitcal, typical office space, little drama. Hardest part about – more... my job was the amount of "no's" that were recieved- not everyone loves the mission as much as the BBBS employees. I loved serving the children and seeing the smiles on their faces was completely worth it! – less
working for a good cause
Partnership Specialist-mentor2.0 (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 11, 2014
worked with an intelligent team
learned something new every day
Rewarding experience
Recruiter (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 9, 2014
Pros: the joy that it gave me to serve the community.
Cons: not enough people saw the value
A typical days work consisted of identifying potential new mentors for the children that we serviced. In addition to identifying companies that we could solicited their participation in the program. As well as setting various recruitment events. The management was great to work for very personable and goal oriented. The entire staff worked together – more... to accomplish the companies goals. The most challenging part of the job was obtaining mentors for the extremely long waiting list of children that we had. Most enjoyable part was the opportunity to get men and women signed up to become mentors and the excitement to make a match. – less
Informative internship that peaked my interest in the events industry.
Event Planning Internship (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: i learned a lot about the industry, was able to hone in on my skills and talents.
Cons: short internship, wanted to be more hands on with the actule events, hard to work for a non-profit company; budgets are tight.
I had a 20 hour a week internship in the Event/Fund Development office for a non-profit organization. I help with marketing and advertisement, making invitations. I made public speeches in the local community informing residents about events. planned and exceeded fund raisers. Attended fund development meetings.
Small office environment and feel
School-Based Match Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2014
The meaning and values of the agency reflect in its work. It showed that many people were aware of the good happening in the city because of this agency. I had a long commute, that made it difficult to keep up with everything work-wise and at home.
Interning with Big Brothers Big Sisters
Intern (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 26, 2014
Interning with Big Brothers Big Sisters, I have gained invaluable experience. I have had the opportunity to plan a fundraising event with McDonald's, conduct match meetings, contact clients for match support and type up assessments on clientele. The staff is very helpful and have a passion for what they do. Interning with Big Brothers Big Sisters has – more... truly opened my eyes to what others in my community experience and knowing that I am helping them and making an impact is a job well done in my book. – less
Small agency, family like atmosphere with co-workers
Case Manager (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, New JerseyJuly 23, 2014
Pros: close connection with co-workers
Cons: dependent on grant monies and the stipulations of the grant. (red tape)
A typical day at work is fast paced, at times hectic.
One wears many hats in the non-profit world of BBBS.

In one word I learned versatility, growing in areas of my personnel life as well as my work environment. Meeting the challenges of the day, while looking forward to what was going to occur next.

My co-workers, an amazing, intelligent group of – more... people to work along side of, and learn from. All whom were multi-talented.

Most challenging balancing work and personnel life

Helping families/children improve their lives in a meaningful and transformative way. – less
Wore many hats
Media Relations/Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 2, 2014
Managed 80% of the agency's internal and external marketing and communications practices
Fun!!!!!
Mentor Me North Georgia (Former Employee), Cumming, GAJune 29, 2014
Matching kids with a mentor was fun & rewarding!!!

A small, close knit staff was a blessing on a daily basis, but a lot more funding was needed to get the program to grow.
School-aged volunteer opportunity
camp counselor, lifeguarding, and volunteering (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2014
I participated in Big Brother Big Sister in North Philadelphia for one full school term. I found that being a positive outlet for children can be very rewarding. Working with inner city children can be challenging at times, but the overall is experience is something I will treasure.
excellent place to be a part of and volunteer for. ltos of ways to make an impact
Mentor (Former Employee), tampa, flJune 19, 2014
Fun place to work
Community Base Mentor Manager (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 19, 2014
I loved meeting new people and putting together great matches, Rewarding position
Awesome Place
mentor (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 15, 2014
Can't wait to be able to go to work for them again in the near future. I hope my little brother enjoyed his time and learned a lot from me!
Great organization
Volunteer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2014
I am a volunteer and have a little brother that I mentor and see 3 plus times a month. The people involved in the organization are great and I love being a part of it.
it was a nice place to work
Office Internship (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJune 8, 2014
Pros: nice people and it was helping the community
Cons: not as fast paced envirnment as i would have hoped for
It was nice, quiet. Co workers were nice and pleasant. I learned office skills such as data entry, phone etiquette, file management.
Volunteer
Volunteer Coach at Brentwood Soccer Club (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 3, 2014
Worked with kids who needed to be loved. We played games, talked about school, and talked about life at home.
Great Place To Work
Match Support Specialist (Former Employee), West Palm BeachMay 19, 2014
Pros: lots of activities and interaction with the community
Cons: lots of driving
My experience at Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) Palm beach and Martin Counties has been the best working experience of my career. All staff believed and where committed to the cause - Mentoring. The community involvement was just as great, the support from business, school and government agencies was incredible. The best was the outcomes, the opportunities – more... for the children and their families. – less
Big Brother Big Sisters, Big experience!
Intern (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORMay 10, 2014
I interned and did community service for this wonderful organization in 2007. I learned a tremendous amount not only within myself, but also within the organization.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Charleston, WVMay 8, 2014
Learned a lot from the wonderful people who work there. It is a wonderful program doing great things for the community.

1 2 3 4 5

About Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children reach their potential through one-to-one professionally supported relationships. The organization – Read more