Big Brothers Big Sisters Employee Reviews

A Very Productive Workplace, It was a great Experience.
Dionation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company, The Training was excellent.The Supervisors were very helpful. I enjoyed relating to the customers.
The working Environment was very Positive, I enjoyed going to work,
The job was not hard at all.A Typical Day at work-I would arrive retreive my headset plug it into my assigned Computer.get all my Information,and wait for calls to appear on the Computer Most of the Customers were very nice,but there were Customers that were angry and would hang up on you or they would ask about our Company, I would explain to them about the Company and what it Represents.
The mission for BBBS speaks for itself
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 21, 2016
Probably the best job I've had so far. This job taught me a lot. Not only did the kids teach me but I learned a lot about how the professional work place works.

I enjoyed seeing those smiling faces on those kids every day and being able to spend time with them and being that consistent person that they could always rely on.
A typical day at work
McKean County Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Every day is different, people you work directly with are great. It's a multi layered type of job, you must have people skills, case management skills, and also be willing to market, promote, and fundraise for the program
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micromanagment
Great people to work with
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJDecember 7, 2016
Overall working environment was great worked with different people everyday never the same thing twice everyone had a great personality easy to get along with never had a bad day working
Pros
Time working was great
Cons
Every day was a good one
Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Was a pleasant job. Enjoyed the people and environment that I worked in. Management worked with employee and the job itself was enjoyable. Best part of the job was making good matches and seeing them succeed.
New management lacks the skills to continue such a great program
Development (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 10, 2016
This was an amazing place to work, until new CEO, HR Director and Program Directors were put in place. What once was a financially thriving agency, just laid off nearly half the staff due to poor business decisions and removing almost all of the Development staff (read: the employees who bring in the funding for the program).

It's not as heartbreaking that quality staff was let go, but that thousands and thousands of children won't be served now that the agency is in an irreversible spiral of being "in the red" and dealing with horrible PR as well. It was such a great program with amazing potential, and now...

Heartbreaking.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Inexperienced management, low pay, inconsistent and constant policy changes
Office Assistant, Broward County (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 10, 2016
Organization has many events that are targeted to assisting underprivileged youths. They provide mentoring, activities, school supplies. Great staff that work as a team to accomplish goals.
Pros
Meeting many people
Helping at Hope kids
Volunteer Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 4, 2017
This was great volunteer experience. while meeting new people I helped make a difference in the community. Although I was only able to do this job for short period of time I gained experience.
Very nice people to volunteer for
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 18, 2017
My time with them was very well spent, I loved spending time with the kids and helping them with their homework, showing them healthy foods, and talking with them about how their days were.
Good company.
Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 22, 2016
Making contact and developing partnerships with schools, businesses, churches and additional agencies are essential. Job responsibilities can change when the company experiences financial hardships. Some questions raised that involve the recruiting practices of volunteers and littles. One must be able to sell through presentations and except rejection from potential volunteers. Matching along racial lines can be very challenging. Financial contributions by Donors are what sustains this Non-Profit. Dedicated employees attempting to fulfill the overall mission. Great attitude from the Executive Leadership Team. The most enjoyable part of the job are the company functions.
Pros
Making a difference in the lives of families and connecting with Donors
Cons
No effective strategy implemented with recruitment of eligible volunteers and ethnic populations.
Not fun at all
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Ansonia, CTFebruary 13, 2017
There is no growth and also Management does not work with you when needed to be wont reccomend anyone to this place very unhealthy and unorginized. Never Again !!
Best experience of my life
Volunteer/ Mentor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Experienced alot being a mentor. It has taught me a lot about myself and how to relate to others in a compassionate way. My little has changed my life in a way I didn't see coming.
Fun place to work
Telephone Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 12, 2017
Lots of nice people to work with. Easy work flow. Learned how to answer to frustrated responses when calling and the best way to help out clients who wanted to donate items .
Enjoyed helping
Big Sisters, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2017
It was a great experience. It was very nice to help out the community. I enjoyed my time here. I would do this opportunity again.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
none available
Big Brother Big Sister
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2017
Big Brother Big Sister was a lovely place to be employed at. The people that I communicated on the phone with everyday were the most awesomeness people every.
Excellent!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed volunteering for the events at my school. I was a mentee but I volunteered for the other events that weren't mine. I would recommend this to every school if possible.
Good place to work. Great employees. Some work demands became difficult to achieve.
Intervention Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 22, 2016
Organization took on projects that they were not qualified to complete. Failure to come to grips that ideas that would generate sustainable revenue. Enjoyed the time off when the winter holidays came.
Pros
Great people to work with in all departments, Leadership was very approachable.
Cons
Questions about funding and job stability.
Billed medical claims for patients of an Internist
Executive Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  Camden, MEJuly 19, 2016
Fast-paced office. Co-workers were helpful, dedicated and delightful.

I learned more about overall medical billing, as well as day-to-day office operations. Hardest part of the job was billing 100 medical claims per day. Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the doctors.
Internship for 6 months
Match Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 17, 2016
I interned at BBBS for six months. My hours were (9am-5pm), and I worked 20 hours per week. My supervisor was proactive in my learning in order to complete my MSW degree in mental health. Staff members were supportive of me. Many of the families I supported had children with learning disabilities.The most enjoyable part of the job was ensuring a good match was made between a Big Brother or Sister and a child in need. The most challenging part of the job was ensuring client files were completed in a timely manner.
Pros
Having my own office
Cons
Interviews versus Counseling
Caring and meaningful work
Community Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILJune 15, 2016
Centerstone is an agency of compassion and caring. A fast-paced work environment which demands skill sets in both community outreach and development. The management team encourages both professional and personal growth. I work with an amazing team who supports each other. The hardest part of the job is managing through a difficult funding environment, however the impact made on the children served is more than worth it.
Pros
Personal development opportunities, great co-workers, flexibility
Cons
Funding stresses, costly healthcare benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big Brothers Big Sisters. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4