Big Brothers Big Sisters Employee Reviews

Well known charity
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2017
Volunteering at Big Brothers and Sisters, is well worth every bit. Having the amazing opportunity to change a child or teens life, is one of the best feelings.
Pros
Helping in need children, and teens
Cons
N/A
It was not a job it was volunteering, but still worth the time.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with the students I did every day, and the program is one of the most cleanly organized one I know of. The children are so attentive and always pick up quickly on the good habits we teach; time management, and character counts traits.
Best Job Ever
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 11, 2017
I love the atmosphere and organization. I worked as a work study during college. The staff was always welcoming and kind. Work schedule was always very open.
Wonderful Program
Big Sister Mentor (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOApril 7, 2017
I did not work her i was a BIG Sister.
I think it is a fantastic program and i miss it very much.
Management was always helpful and willing to listen and give advice.
I did a mini internship here
Internship-Survival House (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 6, 2017
I really loved learning at BBBS when I was in school. I would recommend anyone looking to complete an internship to do it here. I absolutely love the help they give to kids.
This is voluntary activitiy
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CTMarch 22, 2017
This is not a work, but it was one of voluntary activities that I did during my high school year. Basic work was to help inactive elementary students for a hour a day
Amazing company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 8, 2017
BBBS is amazing. It's a fun place to be at and the employees are amazing. The environment itself is amazing. The manager is understandable, great company.
Pros
Fun enviroment, amazing employees, manager is awesome and an understanding people
Cons
small call center area
Great program
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2017
The program is not only beneficial for the children, but it's also great for the adults as well. We learn a lot from one another and get connected real fast.
Great mentor experience
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2017
I am a current "Big" (mentor) at Big Brothers, Big Sisters and have been with my little over 3 years. The staff at the Philadelphia location of BBBS are extremely professional, caring and find great activities for you and your little to cheaply do together! Great company (although i have never worked for them)... and they always need more volunteers :)
Enjoyed helping
Big Sisters, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2017
It was a great experience. It was very nice to help out the community. I enjoyed my time here. I would do this opportunity again.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
none available
A Very Productive Workplace, It was a great Experience.
Dionation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company, The Training was excellent.The Supervisors were very helpful. I enjoyed relating to the customers.
The working Environment was very Positive, I enjoyed going to work,
The job was not hard at all.A Typical Day at work-I would arrive retreive my headset plug it into my assigned Computer.get all my Information,and wait for calls to appear on the Computer Most of the Customers were very nice,but there were Customers that were angry and would hang up on you or they would ask about our Company, I would explain to them about the Company and what it Represents.
Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Was a pleasant job. Enjoyed the people and environment that I worked in. Management worked with employee and the job itself was enjoyable. Best part of the job was making good matches and seeing them succeed.
Best experience of my life
Volunteer/ Mentor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Experienced alot being a mentor. It has taught me a lot about myself and how to relate to others in a compassionate way. My little has changed my life in a way I didn't see coming.
Very nice people to volunteer for
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 18, 2017
My time with them was very well spent, I loved spending time with the kids and helping them with their homework, showing them healthy foods, and talking with them about how their days were.
Not fun at all
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Ansonia, CTFebruary 13, 2017
There is no growth and also Management does not work with you when needed to be wont reccomend anyone to this place very unhealthy and unorginized. Never Again !!
Review
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 12, 2017
I enjoyed working in this position. I had a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that I was able to help people in need. I would definitely do this job again.
Excellent!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed volunteering for the events at my school. I was a mentee but I volunteered for the other events that weren't mine. I would recommend this to every school if possible.
A typical day at work
McKean County Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Every day is different, people you work directly with are great. It's a multi layered type of job, you must have people skills, case management skills, and also be willing to market, promote, and fundraise for the program
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micromanagment
Fun place to work
Telephone Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 12, 2017
Lots of nice people to work with. Easy work flow. Learned how to answer to frustrated responses when calling and the best way to help out clients who wanted to donate items .
Big Brother Big Sister
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2017
Big Brother Big Sister was a lovely place to be employed at. The people that I communicated on the phone with everyday were the most awesomeness people every.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big Brothers Big Sisters. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5