Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters Employer Reviews

Second Chance Mentor Program
MENTOR (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 23, 2013
Great support from match specialist
Difficulty getting in contact with assigned 'little'
Fun place to work
Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHOctober 21, 2013
Working at BBBS I learned many new marketing skills. I now have a great understanding of using Microsoft Publisher and creating fliers, signs, etc. I love all the people I have met through this experience.
I would have worked for BBSID for free I didn't the income.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), IDOctober 12, 2013
Pros: hours were flexible-m-f, and working in a pleasant environment
Cons: the pay was okay, would have love to see a raise within the 3 years i was there
Working with the management, Board of Directors, Case Managers, and the big sisters and big brothers was very rewarding; BBSID does so much for the children of the community that at times it is an over whelming experience. I loved my job there and would recommend others to experience it as well.
My Experience
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKOctober 1, 2013
Pros: being involved with a non-profit organization
Truly enjoyed working for a non-profit organization such as Big Brothers Big Sisters. This was a Temp Position & was only there a short period of time to help get through their busy time of helping with receiving pledges, entering them into the system, balancing, and making deposits.
It was a short but great experience to see how a non-profit organization – more... works. – less
Sharing the love with brothers and sisters
Volunteer (Former Employee), lecantoSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: everything about it was good
Cons: nothing really bad
I loved Big Brothers and Big Sisters. It wasn't my job, it was just volunteer work but I loved it none the less. I enjoyed helping kids learn and reach their full potential. It was so amazing for me to see the light bulb go on when the kids learned something or figured out a problem they weren't sure about. The hardest part about this job was to see – more... the older kids leave and graduate into middle school. It was hard because we knew that we wouldn't get to spend time with them like we did when they were in elementary school. They're older now and Big Brothers and Big Sisters only went to the elementary school. – less
Great
Promoter / Hospitality Host (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 11, 2013
Did volunteer work and helped the community raise money for charity events.

Promoted the program at over 100 events including school, country clubs and business.

Organized and hosted media calls to address quarterly financial results.

Planned and launched innovative, creative and effective communications campaigns.

Coached management on communication – more... tactics with staff and customers regarding organization changes.

Drafted and managed print, online and social media communications designed to promote company brand, image and

values.

Referred families to shelters, legal resources and educational programs.

Enlisted the support of volunteers and collaborated with businesses and community groups.

Provided emotional support while with residents to develop long term plans and goals.

Connected families with resources when children were identified as needing further assessment. – less
Work Study/College Student
Receptionist (Former Employee), Lafayette, LASeptember 9, 2013
Improve customer service skills as well as interpersonal skills, developed a lasting connection with co-workers and well as executive director.
Mentor (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 6, 2013
Good place to work. I currently work there. Good place to work. Currently employed there. Good place to work. Currently employed there.
great company to be a part of
Advocate (Current Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 5, 2013
very helpful and insightful. Great group of people. Every moment was a learning experience
Average
Associate (Current Employee), Islandia, NYAugust 4, 2013
Cons: no benefits
No room to grow!
Making calls,customer service,working on Saturdays is hardest part.
Nothing Enjoyable.
Big Brothers Big Sisters isn't a job, but it was a ton of fun.
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Former Employee), Saint Johns, AZJuly 17, 2013
Big Brothers Big Sisters is a volunteer group. We met once a week for an hour and spent time with our assigned little brother or sister. We would either play games with a larger group or just my little and I., or we would make crafts.
Productive and fun place to work, great atmosphere and I would recommend it to anyone!
Public Relations VISTA (Former Employee), Abilene, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, flexible, experience was useful and i learned a lot during my one year term.
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work consisted of:
- Calling potential volunteers to follow up with them.
- Writing a weekly newspaper article to be published in local newspaper.
- Reviewing volunteer's and Little's assessments and comparing them so that I could match them up someone they would get along with best.
- Maintaining all of Big Brothers Big Sisters social – more... media pages with the most up to date information.
- Promoting our upcoming events both online and throughout town.
- Speaking at the local universities to recruit volunteers. – less
Very productive and fulfilling place of employment
Big Brothers Big Sisters Internship (Former Employee), Danville, VAJuly 15, 2013
I enjoyed the experience that I had while working at Big Brothers Big Sisters. The environment was always positive and motivating. If given the opportunity to work there again, I would definitely go back there.
Great program
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJuly 10, 2013
Great program that offers a great opportunity to make a difference in a young person's life.
Productive fun workplace
mentor (Former Employee), neptune beachJune 26, 2013
Active with kids. Very fun and enjoyable daily tasks. Great co-workers who were awesome to work with.
Loved it
Intern (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 28, 2013
Pros: the atmosphere
Cons: n/a
I was just interning here but I absolutely loved it! I met some of the most inspirational people there that really helped me when I did not understand something.
A good place for helping the needy.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Islandia, NYMay 25, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: not enough benefits
Fast paced, very busy constantly moving, non stop of answering phones. i have learned to use their system tools in excel.attending to customer needs. in putting information. ie: data entery. co-workers are a pleasure to work with. nothing. being able to put a smile on a customers face after dealing with a difficult time, Hurricane Sandy.
Making copies
General Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMay 24, 2013
Make copies, assemble packets within days that are assigned with projects. A typical day would be slow with no projects, at least one or two projects on a typical day. I learnt how to use the laser copy machine and how to scan-print files. Also learnt how to use Excel and MS more often. Co-workers are very nice and flexible. Hardest part of the job – more... was to start conversation with co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was making copies, assembling packets and organizing, etc. – less
Fun work place
VISTA- Enrollments and Matching Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMay 21, 2013
Pros: great networking source and starting point for social service
Cons: only a year long contract
This was my first job out of college and I started as VISTA through Americorps. This experience taught me about the professional world, opened my eyes to the social service world and the high-risk population that it serves. It taught me about working with others, talking with both parents and adults and built confidence as being a case manager.
good job
Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2013
good job liked to get up in the morning to be there like my co workers .was a good atmosphere

About Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children reach their potential through one-to-one professionally supported relationships. The organization – Read more