Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters Employer Reviews

Very productive and fulfilling place of employment
Big Brothers Big Sisters Internship (Former Employee), Danville, VAJuly 15, 2013
I enjoyed the experience that I had while working at Big Brothers Big Sisters. The environment was always positive and motivating. If given the opportunity to work there again, I would definitely go back there.
Great program
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJuly 10, 2013
Great program that offers a great opportunity to make a difference in a young person's life.
Productive fun workplace
mentor (Former Employee), neptune beachJune 26, 2013
Active with kids. Very fun and enjoyable daily tasks. Great co-workers who were awesome to work with.
Loved it
Intern (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 28, 2013
Pros: the atmosphere
Cons: n/a
I was just interning here but I absolutely loved it! I met some of the most inspirational people there that really helped me when I did not understand something.
A good place for helping the needy.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Islandia, NYMay 25, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: not enough benefits
Fast paced, very busy constantly moving, non stop of answering phones. i have learned to use their system tools in excel.attending to customer needs. in putting information. ie: data entery. co-workers are a pleasure to work with. nothing. being able to put a smile on a customers face after dealing with a difficult time, Hurricane Sandy.
Making copies
General Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMay 24, 2013
Make copies, assemble packets within days that are assigned with projects. A typical day would be slow with no projects, at least one or two projects on a typical day. I learnt how to use the laser copy machine and how to scan-print files. Also learnt how to use Excel and MS more often. Co-workers are very nice and flexible. Hardest part of the job – more... was to start conversation with co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was making copies, assembling packets and organizing, etc. – less
Fun work place
VISTA- Enrollments and Matching Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMay 21, 2013
Pros: great networking source and starting point for social service
Cons: only a year long contract
This was my first job out of college and I started as VISTA through Americorps. This experience taught me about the professional world, opened my eyes to the social service world and the high-risk population that it serves. It taught me about working with others, talking with both parents and adults and built confidence as being a case manager.
good job
Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2013
good job liked to get up in the morning to be there like my co workers .was a good atmosphere
Great volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 14, 2013
Amazing experience working with underprivileged children.
Not a good place to work!
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLApril 4, 2013
Pros: hours and pay
Cons: very bad attitude from everyone
I liked my hours and pay. That is the only nice thing i can say about this company.
Mentoring Program
AmeriCorps Vista Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILApril 1, 2013
A typical day here would start with me calling volunteer and parents and performing match support. I would ask them questions about the match between the volunteer and the child and make sure all is well, if it is not, I assist with issues that any party might have. I also would do home visits to do match support, if I could not reach the people by – more... phone. I did fundraising for the agency for Bowl for Kids Sake often and also did filing and data entry. The hardest part of the job was when a child came in that I felt could benefit from a mentor, but there was some type of barrier that prevented that from becoming a reality. The most enjoyable part of the job was the event that Big Brothers Big Sisters put on. At these events I got to see and meet the matches on my caseload and actually see the connection between them and hear much fun they having together at the event. – less
Friendly volunteer environment
Big Sister (Former Employee), High Point, NCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: knowing i am impacting my littles life
Cons: unfortunately going to have to leave her when i graduate
Every Friday I visit my little sister and spend time with her, whether it is playing games, helping with her school work, and giving her someone to open up to. It has been a great experience to be involved with the community where I attend college. It is a great feeling knowing I'm helping her and impacting her life greatly. I enjoy her teacher, as – more... well as her classmates. I feel very welcomed and I feel like the other students look up to me. – less
Lots of counseling help with my Little Sister
Volunteer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2013
Mentor and guide my Little Sister. Great place to volunteer! Very fulfilling and you receive a lot of guidance from the staff. All questions are answered promptly.
Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Nashua was an enjoyable place to work.
Case Work Supervisor (Former Employee), Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater NashuaJanuary 21, 2013
A typical work day would consist of arriving at work at 8:30AM and start making contacts by telephone with volunteers and parents of the children enrolled into the program. Keep case notes up to date, and attend any meetings that were scheduled for that day. Other times, I would conduct home visits on volunteers, as well as the families enrolled into – more... the program. What I learned is that there are so many wonderful people who want to make a positive difference in the lives of under priveleged children. My co-workers were great. I really enjoyed working with and beside them. The hardest part of the job was when a volunteer could no longer spend time with a child they had developed a relationship with and I had to call the parent to let them know. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the volunteers were so committed to their Little Brother/Sister, that they spent many years helping the child mature and grow as a productive adult in their community. – less
Great organization doing great things
Mentor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2013
BBBS truly cares about young people and helping them find themselves.
productive work place and great environment
Case Manager (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough hours
The program is great! The staff are great and enjoyable to be around.
Fun self paced work enviroment
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 27, 2012
Pros: paid 2 weeks off during christmas.
Cons: not enough training
Typical day was self paced, still had goals to meet, but as long as we did what was expected things ran smoothly. Management would help when needed. Co-Workers were GREAT! Most enjoyable was knowing that all the work we did was for a good cause, giving a child a Big Brother or Big Sister.
Rewarding job
Match Specialist (Former Employee), Worland, WYDecember 20, 2012
Pros: rewarding job working with youth and adult volunteers.
Cons: unstable leadership - continual change. no funds, grants, etc - no job.
Constant change in leadership or directorship. Non profit employment. No funds, No job. There were no benefits and very low hours. Very rewarding employment working with youth and adult volunteers.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Abilene, TXDecember 12, 2012
Pros: coworkers
Cons: nothing
Talking on the phone to customers, polished off my data entry skills, managment hardworking, coworkers amazing, hardest part nothing, most enjoyable everything.
great place to work
Youth Director (Former Employee), Lafayette, LADecember 11, 2012
great place to work and really help me develop partnerships with several vendors and the community.

About Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children reach their potential through one-to-one professionally supported relationships. The organization – Read more