Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters Employer Reviews

A good company to work for
Donation Center Attendant (Former Employee), Provo, UTMay 19, 2012
Pros: fairly easy call system, supportive management
Cons: one person on shift at the donation station
Organized donations that came in.
Took calls & called out to schedule pick-ups of donation items as well as take care of customer complains.
I learned how to take care of customers in an effective manner & left them satisfied.
Management was good at making sure things at work were flowing well.
The hardest part would be when too many donations would – more... come in all at once or too many people would donate all at once, since there was only one person on shift taking care of it.
The most enjoyable part was being able to turn an angry customer into a satisfied customer at the end of a call. – less
Perfect as an Intern
Student Liaison Intern (Current Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAMay 8, 2012
Pros: friendly, flexible
Cons: sometimes can expect too much time, pay
This is a great organization with lots of friendly staff that only want to help you grow as an intern!
Student Intern
Student Internship (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 25, 2012
This was my first college internship. It was a great experience. I worked with the youth at their schools. I helped them with homework and even personal issues. Many of them really appreciated me. They gave me greeting cards when I completed the program.
Beauty of seeing my direct impact on community
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, NJApril 25, 2012
The work/life balance is great, beauty of working in a small office is knowing your co-workers on a personal level and avoiding a lot of the distracting office politics. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the youth and their families.
Great place to work but overworked
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 19, 2011
Pros: helping a great cause, fun people to work with, hard workers
Cons: overworked
Many times they just did not have the staff needed to maintain the projects set out. They are a great company growing but need to offer more to their employees.
A very moving productive and friendly place.
Experienced Typist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: not there working
Good morning all. Start to the list that I received the night before for the work day today. Learned that everyone is the same but in different situations and not done to their own accord. Looking at people differently is a good thing. My co-workers were helpful, understanding, and very happy.
The hardest part of this job was that not all could be helped – more... at once sometimes it took a bit before you could phone and say we have someone who is available to you. Seeing a smile on others faces.
Loved being a volunteer - learned lots and now more understanding of others. – less
Comfortable environment.
Mentor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaDecember 22, 2013
I have, and still am volunteering at Big Brothers, Big Sisters. I am a mentor, and my job is to look after my mentee, their safety and well being.
Helping young learners
MENTOR (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
Pros: enjoying the enviorment
Cons: long hours
Teaching and studying with younger children in literature and in fine arts.
Most Fun Summer
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), WindsorJune 3, 2013
Pros: awesome team
Cons: only a summer position
- Helped to raise awareness and money via a summer BBQ and Car wash
• Effectively managed all donations from new and old donors and issued appropriate tax deductible receipts using company software to analyze the success of different fundraising programs throughout the year
• Assisted in daily administrative tasks and monthly budget planning for the – more... team to meet all targets within the period – less
Productive and fun
In School Mentor (Former Employee), Orangeville, ON, CanadaOctober 15, 2012
Mentored and worked with 9 students that required extra support.
Non profit organisation.
Facilitator (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 5, 2012
As part if my University project, I had the opportunity to find the draw backs and problem in the organization and to develop a workshop to make the staff aware of the problems and how to overcome those.

About Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children reach their potential through one-to-one professionally supported relationships. The organization – Read more