Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters Employer Reviews

Lots of counseling help with my Little Sister
Volunteer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2013
Mentor and guide my Little Sister. Great place to volunteer! Very fulfilling and you receive a lot of guidance from the staff. All questions are answered promptly.
Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Nashua was an enjoyable place to work.
Case Work Supervisor (Former Employee), Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater NashuaJanuary 21, 2013
A typical work day would consist of arriving at work at 8:30AM and start making contacts by telephone with volunteers and parents of the children enrolled into the program. Keep case notes up to date, and attend any meetings that were scheduled for that day. Other times, I would conduct home visits on volunteers, as well as the families enrolled into – more... the program. What I learned is that there are so many wonderful people who want to make a positive difference in the lives of under priveleged children. My co-workers were great. I really enjoyed working with and beside them. The hardest part of the job was when a volunteer could no longer spend time with a child they had developed a relationship with and I had to call the parent to let them know. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the volunteers were so committed to their Little Brother/Sister, that they spent many years helping the child mature and grow as a productive adult in their community. – less
Great organization doing great things
Mentor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2013
BBBS truly cares about young people and helping them find themselves.
productive work place and great environment
Case Manager (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough hours
The program is great! The staff are great and enjoyable to be around.
Fun self paced work enviroment
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 27, 2012
Pros: paid 2 weeks off during christmas.
Cons: not enough training
Typical day was self paced, still had goals to meet, but as long as we did what was expected things ran smoothly. Management would help when needed. Co-Workers were GREAT! Most enjoyable was knowing that all the work we did was for a good cause, giving a child a Big Brother or Big Sister.
Rewarding job
Match Specialist (Former Employee), Worland, WYDecember 20, 2012
Pros: rewarding job working with youth and adult volunteers.
Cons: unstable leadership - continual change. no funds, grants, etc - no job.
Constant change in leadership or directorship. Non profit employment. No funds, No job. There were no benefits and very low hours. Very rewarding employment working with youth and adult volunteers.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Abilene, TXDecember 12, 2012
Pros: coworkers
Cons: nothing
Talking on the phone to customers, polished off my data entry skills, managment hardworking, coworkers amazing, hardest part nothing, most enjoyable everything.
great place to work
Youth Director (Former Employee), Lafayette, LADecember 11, 2012
great place to work and really help me develop partnerships with several vendors and the community.
Very rewarding Job
Match support specialist (Former Employee), Show Low, AZNovember 28, 2012
Pros: free program for everyone
Cons: budget cuts only con i can think of
Typical day was putting together programs for kids after school. I matched them with there Big which was typically a high school student and they would meet once a week and spend time together, weather it be after school or doing something on weekend which i would plan and put together for them.
very good experience
Part-time Counselor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHNovember 12, 2012
Pros: i obtained my counselor and social worker license
Cons: this was a part time job only which limited my income
i was part of the agency identifying suitable big brother/big sister matches, i supervised current matches with direct or phone follow up to see how match was progressing and to direct any needed feedback or concerns for all parties involved. i did a specific screenig to eliminate unsuitable volunteers with a detailed one on one interview with candid – more... questions to obtain character traits and goals of each individual going thru the selection process. i documented results in a report and reccomended individuals for approval with a match to be considered in the second phase of the screening process. i was directly involved in group activities with the present matches in weekly set events that matches could participate in.i took initial intake calls to inform callers about the agency and its requirements. – less
Life changing experience
Mentor to several students (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2012
Pros: work with kids, make a difference in their lives
Cons: school program only
Being able to mentor a child and know that you are making a difference is one of the best feelings. These kids came from less fortunate families, so to be able to make a difference even when it is only once a week is something I will always remember.
Foundational, Professional & wonderful Environment to Work
Office Manager & Caseworker Manager (Current Employee), Evansville, INOctober 7, 2012
Great group of ladies & a phenominal place to work. Teachable moments & opportunities for career growth.
Great experience
Mentor (Current Employee), Roxbury, MASeptember 16, 2012
Excellent company with a bright outlook on opportunity and advancement of others.
A supportive agency offering important mentoring relationships for troubled youth
Volunteer Big Sister (Former Employee), Lawrence, MASeptember 5, 2012
I enjoyed volunteering for this agency due to its flexibility and support. The mentor supervisors offered ongoing consultation and assistance.
Great Place to Work
Enrollment & Match Support Specialist (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 23, 2012
Flexible hours, in office parties for birthdays, co workers were great to work with, equal mix of desk job and community out reach
Fun, productive, easy workplace.
Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee), Abilene, TXAugust 23, 2012
Pros: free lunches, great people to work with
Big Brothers Big Sisters was an easy workplace, my boss was great, my co-workers were always nice and helpful, I learned how to stay organized and re-label files and put them where they needed to go so they could be found easily. The hardest part of my job was making sure nothing got lost and if so finding out where it went.
Great way to contribute to the community and help those who dont have a big brother figure in thier lives
Volunteer Mentor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: you fell like you have done something good at the end of the day
I learned alot about how under represented our youth is in San Diego, and how much a few hours of your day can make a big impact. When me and my lilttle brother go hang out i can see his social skills improving and his confidence has definitely increased as well.
Good People
Volunteer/ internship (Former Employee), Hudson WiAugust 17, 2012
Job was very easy and i loved doing it. lots of fun people and there was always something to do.
Big Brother progam
Mentor (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 11, 2012
Great experience, gives you every opportunity possible to change someones life
Very loving company
BI-LINGUAL COMMUNITY REALTIONS (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 16, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: there was none
My day at work was always changing which I really liked, I enjoyed working with the parents and the children.

About Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children reach their potential through one-to-one professionally supported relationships. The organization – Read more