Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters Employer Reviews

very good experience
Part-time Counselor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHNovember 12, 2012
Pros: i obtained my counselor and social worker license
Cons: this was a part time job only which limited my income
i was part of the agency identifying suitable big brother/big sister matches, i supervised current matches with direct or phone follow up to see how match was progressing and to direct any needed feedback or concerns for all parties involved. i did a specific screenig to eliminate unsuitable volunteers with a detailed one on one interview with candid – more... questions to obtain character traits and goals of each individual going thru the selection process. i documented results in a report and reccomended individuals for approval with a match to be considered in the second phase of the screening process. i was directly involved in group activities with the present matches in weekly set events that matches could participate in.i took initial intake calls to inform callers about the agency and its requirements. – less
Life changing experience
Mentor to several students (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2012
Pros: work with kids, make a difference in their lives
Cons: school program only
Being able to mentor a child and know that you are making a difference is one of the best feelings. These kids came from less fortunate families, so to be able to make a difference even when it is only once a week is something I will always remember.
Foundational, Professional & wonderful Environment to Work
Office Manager & Caseworker Manager (Current Employee), Evansville, INOctober 7, 2012
Great group of ladies & a phenominal place to work. Teachable moments & opportunities for career growth.
Great experience
Mentor (Current Employee), Roxbury, MASeptember 16, 2012
Excellent company with a bright outlook on opportunity and advancement of others.
A supportive agency offering important mentoring relationships for troubled youth
Volunteer Big Sister (Former Employee), Lawrence, MASeptember 5, 2012
I enjoyed volunteering for this agency due to its flexibility and support. The mentor supervisors offered ongoing consultation and assistance.
Great Place to Work
Enrollment & Match Support Specialist (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 23, 2012
Flexible hours, in office parties for birthdays, co workers were great to work with, equal mix of desk job and community out reach
Fun, productive, easy workplace.
Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee), Abilene, TXAugust 23, 2012
Pros: free lunches, great people to work with
Big Brothers Big Sisters was an easy workplace, my boss was great, my co-workers were always nice and helpful, I learned how to stay organized and re-label files and put them where they needed to go so they could be found easily. The hardest part of my job was making sure nothing got lost and if so finding out where it went.
Great way to contribute to the community and help those who dont have a big brother figure in thier lives
Volunteer Mentor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: you fell like you have done something good at the end of the day
I learned alot about how under represented our youth is in San Diego, and how much a few hours of your day can make a big impact. When me and my lilttle brother go hang out i can see his social skills improving and his confidence has definitely increased as well.
Good People
Volunteer/ internship (Former Employee), Hudson WiAugust 17, 2012
Job was very easy and i loved doing it. lots of fun people and there was always something to do.
Big Brother progam
Mentor (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 11, 2012
Great experience, gives you every opportunity possible to change someones life
Very loving company
BI-LINGUAL COMMUNITY REALTIONS (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 16, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: there was none
My day at work was always changing which I really liked, I enjoyed working with the parents and the children.
Fun Workplace & Help Children
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 12, 2012
Pros: good work environment, friendly people, good hours
Cons: short breaks, crazy boss
Overall my job at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Illinois was amazing. It was the best job that i have ever had. Unfortunately working there requires alot of education that i didn't have. Even though i could do the work, I still wasn't treated as fair as I thought i should have been.
Internship
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 11, 2012
I was at BBBS for only a few months for an internship for the University of Houston. A friendly work environment and I worked in their custom relations department where I made a lot of phone calls to give reference checks on potential volunteers.
Great Company to Volunteer With!
Mentor (Former Employee), Manchester, CTJuly 2, 2012
I volunteered for BBBS in Connecticut for over 6 months. This company was always responsive to my needs and suggestions. They connected me with an awesome little girl who was a perfect match for me. The hardest part of this position was having to send her back to her family each day I spent with her. I loved teaching her new things, and being a part – more... of her growing up process. – less
Excellent Organization
Enrollment & Matching Specialist (Current Employee), Scranton, PAJuly 2, 2012
The best part of this job is the co-workers & the executive director. Excellent work environment!!
Relaxing and enjoyable
Volunteer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 14, 2012
My volunteer work included acting as a role model for a child. It was amazing to be there for a young person in need.
A good company to work for
Donation Center Attendant (Former Employee), Provo, UTMay 19, 2012
Pros: fairly easy call system, supportive management
Cons: one person on shift at the donation station
Organized donations that came in.
Took calls & called out to schedule pick-ups of donation items as well as take care of customer complains.
I learned how to take care of customers in an effective manner & left them satisfied.
Management was good at making sure things at work were flowing well.
The hardest part would be when too many donations would – more... come in all at once or too many people would donate all at once, since there was only one person on shift taking care of it.
The most enjoyable part was being able to turn an angry customer into a satisfied customer at the end of a call. – less
Perfect as an Intern
Student Liaison Intern (Current Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAMay 8, 2012
Pros: friendly, flexible
Cons: sometimes can expect too much time, pay
This is a great organization with lots of friendly staff that only want to help you grow as an intern!
Student Intern
Student Internship (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 25, 2012
This was my first college internship. It was a great experience. I worked with the youth at their schools. I helped them with homework and even personal issues. Many of them really appreciated me. They gave me greeting cards when I completed the program.
Beauty of seeing my direct impact on community
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, NJApril 25, 2012
The work/life balance is great, beauty of working in a small office is knowing your co-workers on a personal level and avoiding a lot of the distracting office politics. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the youth and their families.

About Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children reach their potential through one-to-one professionally supported relationships. The organization – Read more