Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters Employer Reviews

Friendly staff
Camp Counselor Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), torontoMay 29, 2014
Learned a lot working with Big Brother Big Sisters. They taught me how to be patient, and the difference traits we have.
I enjoyed how the staff made you feel like you were at home.
STUDENT-CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), 224 Pine St.May 7, 2014
I was on a field placement with Big Brothers Big Sisters and they were willing to teach me all I needed to know about the field of work that I am studying in school. The work place made me feel like I was a part their team. I learned a lot about myself and about the agency. I liked that it was a job that had weekends off and that you worked 9 to 5 Monday – more... to Friday this helped me to be home for my children. – less
A very moving productive and friendly place.
Experienced Typist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: not there working
Good morning all. Start to the list that I received the night before for the work day today. Learned that everyone is the same but in different situations and not done to their own accord. Looking at people differently is a good thing. My co-workers were helpful, understanding, and very happy.
The hardest part of this job was that not all could be helped – more... at once sometimes it took a bit before you could phone and say we have someone who is available to you. Seeing a smile on others faces.
Loved being a volunteer - learned lots and now more understanding of others. – less
Comfortable environment.
Mentor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaDecember 22, 2013
I have, and still am volunteering at Big Brothers, Big Sisters. I am a mentor, and my job is to look after my mentee, their safety and well being.
Helping young learners
MENTOR (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
Pros: enjoying the enviorment
Cons: long hours
Teaching and studying with younger children in literature and in fine arts.
Most Fun Summer
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), WindsorJune 3, 2013
Pros: awesome team
Cons: only a summer position
- Helped to raise awareness and money via a summer BBQ and Car wash
• Effectively managed all donations from new and old donors and issued appropriate tax deductible receipts using company software to analyze the success of different fundraising programs throughout the year
• Assisted in daily administrative tasks and monthly budget planning for the – more... team to meet all targets within the period – less
Productive and fun
In School Mentor (Former Employee), Orangeville, ON, CanadaOctober 15, 2012
Mentored and worked with 9 students that required extra support.
Non profit organisation.
Facilitator (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 5, 2012
As part if my University project, I had the opportunity to find the draw backs and problem in the organization and to develop a workshop to make the staff aware of the problems and how to overcome those.

About Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children reach their potential through one-to-one professionally supported relationships. The organization – Read more