Big Brothers Big Sisters

Big Brothers Big Sisters Employee Reviews

Fun and Productive
Mentor/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 28, 2015
It was an overall great experience I intend to continue, I believe it is both beneficial for both the mentor and the child.
Pros
Being able to work with children and watch them grow
Cons
It is only one day a week.
Friendly volunteer environment
Big Sister (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 11, 2013
Every Friday I visit my little sister and spend time with her, whether it is playing games, helping with her school work, and giving her someone to open up to. It has been a great experience to be involved with the community where I attend college. It is a great feeling knowing I'm helping her and impacting her life greatly. I enjoy her teacher, as well as her classmates. I feel very welcomed and I feel like the other students look up to me.
Pros
knowing i am impacting my littles life
Cons
unfortunately going to have to leave her when i graduate
Work Study/College Student
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 9, 2013
Improve customer service skills as well as interpersonal skills, developed a lasting connection with co-workers and well as executive director.
Interning with Big Brothers Big Sisters
Intern (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 26, 2014
Interning with Big Brothers Big Sisters, I have gained invaluable experience. I have had the opportunity to plan a fundraising event with McDonald's, conduct match meetings, contact clients for match support and type up assessments on clientele. The staff is very helpful and have a passion for what they do. Interning with Big Brothers Big Sisters has truly opened my eyes to what others in my community experience and knowing that I am helping them and making an impact is a job well done in my book.
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Resource Development Director (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 23, 2015
Typically there was a lot of time spent in the office but there were out-of-office activities scheduled on a weekly basis. These included mentor interviews, family activities, filming P.S.A.'s, fundraising, meetings and trainings. I most enjoyed the knowledge that I was helping better the lives of local children.
Excellent Organization
Enrollment & Matching Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 2, 2012
The best part of this job is the co-workers & the executive director. Excellent work environment!!
Overall Great Experience
Volunteer Community Clean (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAAugust 25, 2015
Working as a volunteer to help with cleaning impoverished neighborhoods that have been deprived of assistance. I have learned the value of helping our communities and how helping clean up a area can also change someones outlook on a neighborhood.
Teaching a child
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 21, 2015
I would pick my little up from school and then we would pick an activity. some of the activities we picked where arts and crafts, bowling, movies. and home work when she hadn't finished it. I learned how to be dependable for a little girl. he hardest part was ending my mach becasue I moved away from college. The best part was watching her grow over the 4 years.
Fun work place
VISTA- Enrollments and Matching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 21, 2013
This was my first job out of college and I started as VISTA through Americorps. This experience taught me about the professional world, opened my eyes to the social service world and the high-risk population that it serves. It taught me about working with others, talking with both parents and adults and built confidence as being a case manager.
Pros
Great networking source and starting point for social service
Cons
only a year long contract
Making copies
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 24, 2013
Make copies, assemble packets within days that are assigned with projects. A typical day would be slow with no projects, at least one or two projects on a typical day. I learnt how to use the laser copy machine and how to scan-print files. Also learnt how to use Excel and MS more often. Co-workers are very nice and flexible. Hardest part of the job was to start conversation with co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was making copies, assembling packets and organizing, etc.
Fun workplace
Mentor Program (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CADecember 30, 2014
Big Brothers Big Sisters is overall a fun workplace to interact with children. This program is held at the Boys and Girls Club in Lompoc so we get to hangout in the gym, play room or outside. My co-workers are awesome and we all have a blast playing with the kids. I am glad I am volunteering for this program because its humbled me as a person, I have made a lot of friends, and it is a great way to build my resume.
Pros
Free lunches, Fun workplace, great atmosphere
Non Profit mentoring program
Special Events (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the effects the organization had on the children. The are a company that actually makes a difference in the community.
Pros
Flexibility and the ability to grow within the company
Cons
Departments operated seperately
I loved working here and worked for them for many years
Community Outreach Supervisor / CSR (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMay 23, 2015
They hired a new supervisor for our department, who caused a lot of problems and lied on many. other than that I loved my job. wish I was still there, but I moved to Fort Smith AR where my family is from.
Pros
Great company of many people they were like family
Cons
the new supervisor
Fun Workplace & Help Children
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 12, 2012
Overall my job at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Illinois was amazing. It was the best job that i have ever had. Unfortunately working there requires alot of education that i didn't have. Even though i could do the work, I still wasn't treated as fair as I thought i should have been.
Pros
good work environment, friendly people, good hours
Cons
short breaks, crazy boss
Great Company to Volunteer With!
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 2, 2012
I volunteered for BBBS in Connecticut for over 6 months. This company was always responsive to my needs and suggestions. They connected me with an awesome little girl who was a perfect match for me. The hardest part of this position was having to send her back to her family each day I spent with her. I loved teaching her new things, and being a part of her growing up process.
Great way to contribute to the community and help those who dont have a big brother figure in thier lives
Volunteer Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2012
I learned alot about how under represented our youth is in San Diego, and how much a few hours of your day can make a big impact. When me and my lilttle brother go hang out i can see his social skills improving and his confidence has definitely increased as well.
Pros
you fell like you have done something good at the end of the day
Works one on one with child
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2015
Very rewarding job. Learn great techniques that you can use in any job. Families are very fun to work with. Job environment is very encouraging.
My Experience
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKOctober 1, 2013
Truly enjoyed working for a non-profit organization such as Big Brothers Big Sisters. This was a Temp Position & was only there a short period of time to help get through their busy time of helping with receiving pledges, entering them into the system, balancing, and making deposits.
It was a short but great experience to see how a non-profit organization works.
Pros
Being involved with a non-profit organization
Fun, productive, easy workplace.
Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 23, 2012
Big Brothers Big Sisters was an easy workplace, my boss was great, my co-workers were always nice and helpful, I learned how to stay organized and re-label files and put them where they needed to go so they could be found easily. The hardest part of my job was making sure nothing got lost and if so finding out where it went.
Pros
free lunches, great people to work with
big brother big sister
Big Sister (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 3, 2015
i volunteered there every Thursday. I helped kids out with homework, played bored games, played on the playground/ did many activities with the kids. everyone was nice and the kids where always good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big Brothers Big Sisters. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4