Big Dutchman provides a complete line of poultry and swine production equipment around the world and leads the industry in the design and production of products geared towards your current and future needs.
We offer practical, economical and environmentally-friendly solutions for the poultry and swine industries which include; broiler, broiler breeder and turkey meat production systems; a full range of pullet rearing and egg production systems, including belt/curtain cages, alternative and enriched colony housing; as well as manure management systems, bulk feed handling, feeding, watering, environmental control equipment and associated production computer control/management systems.
Big Dutchman stands for long-lasting quality, service, and unsurpassed know-how, and as the industry leader, our innovations will continue to positively impact the industries we serve. Every day farmers the world over realize the benefits of Big Dutchman’s dedication to innovation. From our poultry, pig and egg production systems, to our tightly integrated automatic controls, we continue to set standards for efficiency, productivity and reliability.
General Overview of Responsibilities:
- Will install, inspect, service and repair equipment in the field while under general supervision of the Service Manager
- Performs the duties of site manager if required at multi-house installations. This includes inventory management and general project coordination with customer service.
- Maintains frequent contact with the main office to receive assignments and review service problems.
- Writes service reports from findings in the field
- Frequently contacts customers regarding any service needs.
- Refers more complex problems to the Field Service Manager.
- Oversee installation process at various levels depending on our responsibility.
- Coordinate independent contract installation crews.
- Work closely with the Service Manager to develop and administer processes to better manage cage installations.
- Work with the Service Manager to reduce warranty expense while improving customer satisfaction.
- Conduct customer, Distributor or Installer training on system installation, operation and maintenance.
- Conduct follow-up visits to installations to ensure proper system function.
- Provide after sale technical support and service as required.
- Recommend improvements to product ensuring ease of installation, improved function and cost reduction.
General Overview of Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ service experience in the poultry or livestock equipment.
- High level of technical aptitude including electrical and mechanical systems.
- Proficient and diplomatic with oral and written communication with customers.
- 80% travel required.
- Willing to work irregular hours and weekends if required.
- General knowledge of common Microsoft software and email
- Ability to capture and transmit digital pictures via e-mail.
Big Dutchman, Inc. offers competitive wages and excellent employee benefits. Car Allowance offered, and all expenses reimbursed.