The incumbent will direct wireless construction technicians who are responsible for all aspects of construction on company sites including; on-site management and coordination of contractors, utility crews, OEM installers and customer representatives. Ensure project is completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline of customer and company. Ensure company Construction Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost. Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with quality, safety, company policies, and procedures in support of company objectives.
B. MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The incumbent will spend field time at cell site towers or cell sites located on rooftops, are inside enterprise commercial office buildings.
2. Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, preconstruction walk, in progress site visits, punch walk and construction closeout.
3. Provide Service Delivery work installing new cell site equipment from channel card elements up to complete new cell site installs, as well as removal of old equipment.
4. Ability to adapt to change in the elements and direction
5. Ability to lift heavier objects and use large power tools
6. Able to follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform routine maintenance on all radio interface equipment.
7. Proficient in primary skills of customer relations, basic electricity, electronics, telephony, radio principles for LTE, UMTS, CDMA and iDEN, microwave, and principles of digital transmission, fiber communication, data communication, telephony terminology, industry standards, and on-line network control/maintenance systems.
8. Proficient in performing Service Assurance work on all radio interface network elements.
9. Proficient in interpreting the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and implement repairs and restoration plans to ensure minimal service disruption and impact to customer.
10. Proficient with use of relevant wireless tools and test equipment.
11. Proficient with inventory tools and procedures.
12. Proficient in trouble shooting AC and DC power systems including tower light controllers.
13. Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
14. Serve as crew lead on sites and supervise other crew members.
15. Understand prevailing rates for all tower and ground work and ensure company is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
16. Ensure Company Construction Managers are updated daily on the status of construction and aware of any issues that will impact project cost, quality, or completion.
17. Ensure all work is completed in accordance with company construction standards, processes, and procedures.
18. Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
19. Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
20. Act as company safety observer while at the site ensuring compliance with company safety program.
21. Provide coaching and provide performance reviews on direct reports
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
D. MINIMUM/PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years hands on wireless experience in cell site environment
- Experience with technologies such as LTE, UMTS, TDMA, CDMA, iDen, GSM, and DAS Networks.
- Experience with cell site construction, tower climbing, line and antenna work, antenna alignment tools, microwave radio technology, fiber to the tower, setting BTS cabinets, use of cranes and manlifts, other cell site equipment installation, integration, software upgrades, testing and turn-up, such as PIM testing, sweep testing, line/fiber testing.
- Some experience in management capacity preferred
- Valid Drivers License with driving record that meets Safety Standards of Company
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction certification
- RF Site Safety Awareness Certification
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- PIM Testing Certification
- Anritsu Sweep Test Certification
- Fiber Testing Certification
- Commscope/PPC/Andrew Connector Certification
- * OPTIONAL Licenses/Certifications:
- General Contractor License
- Electrical License
- Professional Engineer License
- Project Management Certification
- Tower Climbing Certification
- Integration and Commissioning Certification
Indeed - 22 months ago
Company is based in Chicago in which all wireless construction services are performed in IL,WI,IN,MI.