Solutions Specialists for wireless construction are field technicians that help to build and maintain the infrastructure supporting wireless communications systems at cell sites and for other networks such as Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS). Solutions Specialists for wireless construction must be familiar with electronics, digital/microwave radio technology, and cellular systems. Solution Specialists must be able to install equipment; use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment; talk to equipment operators and customer engineers to determine what problems exist with the equipment; use schematic drawings and other written specifications. The Solution Specialist works in a “team environment”.
B. MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain and build infrastructure at cell site towers or cell sites located on rooftops, water tanks, towers, or at job sites inside enterprise commercial office buildings.
2. Provide Service Delivery work installing new cell site equipment from channel card elements up to complete new cell site installs, as well as removal of old equipment.
3. Ability to adapt to change in the elements and direction.
4. Ability to lift heavier objects and use large power tools.
5. Able to follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform routine maintenance on all radio interface equipment.
6. Develop proficiency in primary skills of customer relations, basic electricity, basic electronics, basic telephony, radio principles for LTE, UMTS, CDMA and iDEN, and basic principles of digital transmission, fiber communication, data communication, telephony terminology, industry standards, and on-line network control/maintenance systems.
7. Develop proficiency in performing Service Assurance work on all radio interface network elements.
8. Develop proficiency in interpreting the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and implement repairs and restoration plans to ensure minimal service disruption and impact to customer.
9. Develop proficiency with use of relevant wireless tools and test equipment.
10. Develop proficiency with inventory tools and procedures.
11. Develop proficiency in trouble shooting AC and DC power systems including tower light controllers.
12. Assist supervisor with day to day operations.
13. Assist with providing documentation for close-out packages.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
15. Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
16. Overtime may be required
17. Travel to work sites
- Hourly Wage
- Bonus/401K Profit sharing
- Full medical, dental, vision
D. MINIMUM/PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
1-2 years hands on wireless experience preferred
Familiarity with wireless communications technology preferred
Valid Drivers License with driving record that meets Safety Standards of Company
Additional Requirements/ Skills/Knowledge:
- Ability to follow prescribed company and wireless system policies, procedures, and protocols for installation, service, equipment maintenance and office communications.
- Ability to communicate with customers installed devices.
- Ability to present a neat, lean, and professional image that reflects well on Company and clients.
- Must be able to read map.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Pass required background check and drug screen
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and resourcefulness (with assistance from others) in challenging and/or perplexing situations.
- Confirmation of travel requirement - 100% for Technicians but flexible to travel outside of market for weeks at a time if required (e.g. disaster recovery, new product roll-out, etc).
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, to include maintenance window and weekends if needed.
- Over time may be required
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops and all types of geographic locations.
- The dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- RF Safety Awareness Certification, CPR/First Aid, and OSHA 10 Certification will be required (if applicant does not have; training will be provided with expectation of applicant successfully completing certification process)
- Reliable transportation required
Company is based in Chicago in which all wireless construction services are performed in IL,WI,IN,MI.