Big League Dreams Employee Reviews

Very productive
Cook & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 6, 2017
This environment was much more fast paced then the restaurant i currently work at. But at bleachers, there is usually only 1 cook in the kitchen during the shift. At BLD there would be 2-3. This kitchen was much more well maintained with clean food and tools.
Pros
Lunch would be %50 off during your shift
Cons
breaks were based on rushes and when it was slow you'd recieve your break.
works well with school schedule
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAApril 11, 2017
Not a bad first job for high school and college students. Management is okay there and they work with your school or work schedule very well. The job hours are very late sometimes.
Pros
free batting cages, free entry
Cons
only 50% off food and drink
Very Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  League City, TXApril 6, 2017
I work in the customer service department. My job consist of printing rosters for the teams and setting up clock, scorecards, and game balls for the umpires. The hardest part is getting a big group of people all at once and having to collect the right amount of money from them while putting them on the right team. The most enjoyable part about my job is being with people that are my age and enjoy working.
fun place to work if you love sports.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAMarch 27, 2017
I loved my time at big league dreams! Great people that work at big league dreams and great vibes! I learned a lot about front restaurant responsibilities.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CADecember 27, 2016
learned to deal with food and customers. learned to deal with druken customers and irate customers. dealt with cash and alcohol. learned how to check ids
Good work but poor management
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 3, 2016
Job started out great but once i was there for a month the managers over maintenance quickly changed their attitudes, I stayed busy throughout my shift and did everything asked of me from my bosses, i was'n difficult to get along with, i was very dissapointed with this company an would not recommend anyone to work for this place as you will be treated like dirt.
Pros
free drinks, water
Cons
Horrible staff, managment
Big Leauge of Disappointment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  GilbertJuly 27, 2016
It was fun at first, but the little high school kids that worked there were full of drama. I only earned minimum wage here in AZ. The managers were terrible, the hours were horrible, the customers were horrible. I hated it.
Pros
You had a job
Cons
Short breaks, lunch wasn't free even on eight hour shifts, rude customers
Great company and great people
Cook/cashier/prep cook (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 26, 2016
Nothing but good things to say about this establishment . Excellent management and a great atmosphere to be in. Loved my time there
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Part time hours
Fun Place to work
Office & Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Medford, NJMay 2, 2016
Indoor fitness facility is a very good. Co-workers all work as a team. Small business atmosphere. Unfortunately there is no room for growth.
nice area, great for holding events
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 30, 2016
It is a great place for holding events and parties its fun and enjoyable and has good food fun for adults and kids alike. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the ladies at the bar and hosting private competitions it is also the most hectic time. a typical day of work is busy and when it isnt the managers will find something and anything for you to do.
Great work environment for personal growth.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CA 91792March 14, 2016
Big League is not your typical job. You must learn to deal with intoxicated people on the daily. This job is not difficult at all as long as you follow instructions. Co-workers are the best but there will always be that one sour apple. Personally i've met some amazing people working for this company and started some great friendships working for this company.
Pros
Co-workers are a huge united family
Cons
Drunk regulars who think they own the place
Fun atmosphere to work in and enjoy others company
Director of Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJanuary 22, 2016
A typical day at work meant interacting with staff members, giving them their tasks for the day. Then interacting with guests, and ensuring great service from all staff members, cooks and bartenders. Also interacting with other facility managers and communicating with them throughout the shift. I learned a lot of valuable qualities in terms of working with others, and leadership skills that let me grow with them and will give me an advantage anywhere else I go too. The hardest part of the job was getting things approved and getting them done by the upper management level. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the regular guests, staff members and building relationships with vendors.
Pros
Great people and open-mindedness for ideas
Cons
Weren't always willing to change and wage compensation
Have a lot of orientatio nwith customers
Gate Attendant/Greeter/Token Booth (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CANovember 11, 2015
What customers come in and out of the park. Checking in all ballplayers and parents. Following guide lines provided to me. Al ot of customer service exposure
Decent place to work but not much room for growth.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 22, 2015
A normal day would consist of calling some teams and letting them know what time they play their games, talking to customers about player fees and team fees and keeping track of scores from all the games then entering them into the game schedule. In this job there is a lot of interaction with the customers, sometimes they are happy however most of the time they come to me with problems or complaints and I find ways to accommodate their needs in order to make their experience with our company the best. My relationship with my coworkers is the best thing about the job. We all get along really well and that is what makes the job fun.
Pros
Free player fees for employees, and the staff is awesome
Cons
Limited hours, no room for growth
Cooking, cleaning, typical cooking job
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAOctober 15, 2015
The management is hard working and understanding for the food and beverage department but the company as whole does not appreciate the employee. Adding more and more duties to the restaurant but only management seeing the rewards in money, while we don't. Also not much room to grow in the company. Very little room to grow if any room at all.
Pros
Good Coworkers, get to play on teams for free, sometimes free meals
Cons
no room for growth, no guarantied hours, not enough pay for the work and money that is brought in
Productive Workplace
Cashier, Cook, Bartender, CurSupervisor (Current Employee) –  League City, TexasMay 21, 2015
I started working here as a cashier and make my way up to becoming a supervisor. I started my shift by opening up the restaurant and handling all of the money.
Good company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
It was a great company to work at very friendly laid back environment and the people there make you feel like everyone is family.
Funnest Job I have ever had.
Cashier/Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2014
I have been working in customer service for almost my whole employed life. This job was really fun. The co-workers were fun, the management even funner. Even though this job was just part time, i still looked forward to going. Alot of the people that went there for games and tournaments were pretty fun too.
Pros
Fun, free batting cage tokens at the end of your shift.
Cons
Leaving to move to Winnemucca.
Where I leanred everything.
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perris, CADecember 30, 2014
Working in a restaurant had taught me a lot about patience, and perseverance. Not only on the job, but in my life as well.
Fun Place to work
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CANovember 30, 2014
Fun place to work very easy to get the hang of, but always have to work on the weekends and and mostly a night job. Management does not really care for you either.
Pros
Fun, Easy, Great People
Cons
Management sucks, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big League Dreams. Our community is ready to answer.