Big O Tires Employee Reviews in United States

This company thinks that people live to work.
Lead technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 9, 2015
Most of my days here consisted of at lease twelve hours, and would rush through jobs. Also, worked at least six days a week. Pay is not worth the hours worked.
Lead technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 7, 2015
this is a job for people who live to work and i for one would like to work to live. shortest shift has been nine hours and the pay does not reflect work ethic. expectations include: working past closing time and employees are rushed through work.
productive
Service and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 17, 2015
big o tires not a bad company but all stores in az are franchises and all function differently. I personally had a fare experience I brought good technicians and good service writers in the big o tires i was at
Cons
no benefits
Hard manual labor
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAOctober 2, 2015
typical day in the shop is a 10 hour shift of hard work and i worked for one of the busiest shops in murrieta. I learned how to do oil changes, trans flushes, brake jobs, and other things. My coworkers werent the most positive people to be around which is why i left
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Exausting
Tire Technician
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Orem, UtahOctober 4, 2015
Responsible for quickly conducting tire inspections, tire rotations, tire balancing, tire damage services, preventative maintenance, tire exchanges, with speed and efficiency. High-paced, high volume job requiring constant focus and safety measures to be adhered to and enforced.
excellent place to work for entry level automotive technicians
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COAugust 31, 2012
A typical day at work consists of customer review, auto inspections, tire installation or repair, tire sales, receiving, brake and/or suspension work. I learned the basics of automotive care here, and was also trained in tire sales. Management was terrific, the training was superb, and my co-workers were some of the hardest working people i have ever met in my life. The production we attained was far beyond expectations. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with customer volume due to such a great reputation as the leader in the tire industry locally. Most enjoyable were the customers that regularly returned to the shop for maintanance or a tire rotation- I had many chances to meet a variety of interesting people.
Pros
great pay, good benefits, long breaks
hard working inviroment with hard working poeple.
service advisor/ service technician/ (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2014
big o tires is known for best quality service in a quick amount of time we build relationships with our customers. were a nationwide company that's reliable. we are always busy and customer base is growing. we do oil changes, tires and were also a full service shop. working for big o tires you learn to meet customers needs, wants and what ifs. Giving the customer what they need in timely manner with the one thing they love "there cars". workers at big o tires, we have to work as one big team, work hard to meet these expectations. hardest part of working for big o tires keeping the customers happy and coming back for services. Its also hard to promise time for repairs on vehicles .The most enjoyable part of working for big o tires is making the customers happy they came in and them leaving telling family and friend such a good environment it is.
Pros
free lunches on saturdays and lots of overtime.
Cons
no retirement no dental or health benefits no direct deposit
Upbeat and dedicated work environment, with some distractions.
Assistant Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Everyone knew how to always stay busy working on a car, but sometimes they'd distract themselves with cellphones. Id make sure to always be working. I learned many ways to fix specific problems cars have, and how to work with multiple other individuals on different and the same tasks. Management has a great sense of humor and good leadership skills. My co-workers were very interesting to talk and work with.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to use my best judgement on a lot of things because I had to ask a higher up what to do if I didn't know how its supposed to be done.
The most enjoyable part of work was learning new things and getting along with my co-workers.
Pros
supportive co-workers, reasonable management, and steady work pace.
Cons
complaisant co-workers and confusion with hierarchy decision making.
I have learned a lot.
Tire tech (Current Employee) –  SanTan Valley, AZSeptember 9, 2015
This is a great place to work , especially if you are interested in the mechanical field as you will learn a lot. The heat is a little tough but other than that it is good.
Great job, great employer
Technician (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 8, 2015
This job had flexible hours, good pay great guys and was an awesome job while I worked my way through college. Good group of guys to work with and plenty of work to go around.
Pros
Discounts on parts and tires
Cons
It's cold in the winter.
Great company to work for
Employee, Big O Tires (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJune 8, 2015
Very strong company excellent benefits good pay , the best tire co mpany in the world. Great product and warranty.Nationwide yes you can find a big o tires
Hours were good.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTSeptember 14, 2015
Liked going to work to learn marketing skills for tires, learned how the corporate organization worked on different levels of the business across the nation.
Cool Job
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 6, 2015
Nice company but as it being a franchise things are ran differently at every location. I believe they should do more as far as training. Overall a cool job its fast pace and you have to be ready to move.
Recommend for college workers
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 3, 2014
Great place to during school. Not recommended for full time or career unless you plan to be in management.
Pros
co-workers, learning of industry
Cons
pay, benefits
market director was not to helpfull
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 11, 2015
overall it was great , had lots off fun while i worked there hours were decent just kinda of hard to get help from upper managment
great time working
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 19, 2015
This is a good place to work
you'll always stay supper busy sometimes to much work
but that's never a bad thing .
And working there you never know whats going to roll into the
shop and when you take pride in your work you feel good about
it. i have learned a lot at this job and the co-workers are great
and the management is just as great.
Pros
hard working
Cons
not one
hard work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 24, 2015
very physical job no matter what you did at the store. it was an all hands on deck situation, you could be selling one second, then putting tires on the next.
Fast paced
warehouse lead (Current Employee) –  New albanyJuly 27, 2015
Good place to work have learned alot working here, just think it's time for a change and a chance to actually move up within a bigger company
Pros
free lunches attendance bonus
Excellent business, honest with a good atmosphere.
OWNER/OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 5, 2015
Manage personnel, inventory (ordering, returning, invoicing), sales, customer service, phone sales, monitoring the shop to make sure vehicles are being processed efficiently and correctly. Handled all cash and credit card deposits. Handled all bookkeeping aspects.
Pros
Working with people and cars.
Cons
Owning my own business took a lot of time away from my family.
ok to work
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 7, 2015
ok place to work not much room for advancement, store manager was amazing took care of employees and customers but corporate was another story.