Big O Tires Employee Reviews

Steady work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 29, 2016
Learned how to. Change oil. Due minor repairs tire installs. Learned and mastered 3 machines. Custom wheel. Balancer. Tire machine
Management is. Ok
Co workers. Are good
Hardest part of job. Hours
Enjoyable when things are. On point
Pros
Customer relations
Cons
When paperwork is wrong
Great bussines structure
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wickenburg, AZNovember 26, 2016
Great company to work for, the business structure and aspect of the company are great. I wish the salary was more competitive and would have more benefits. Compensation for employees that go above and beyond for the company and overall store would be great.
fun and good discounts
Tire and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 25, 2016
good job environment but no appreciation from supervisors getting yelled at and abused mentally on a daily for minimum wage isn't worth it the only benefits is free labor on personal vehicle.
Pros
overtime fun enviroment
Cons
no benefits no advancment bad management
I had a bad experiance
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 9, 2016
Working for this company really killed the fire in my belly of wanting to pursue a career in automotive trade. I can't say no more than I am glad i am no longer employed bye this company.
Pros
A very Negative enviroment
Cons
Close to home
Horrible place to work!!! Would not work there for bobby medley again if they was going to give me the place
Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Hardinsburg, KYOctober 24, 2016
Never work for big o tires in hardinsburg ky! They treat you like your nothing.... wouldn't wish that place on my worst enemy
Good work place
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 18, 2016
Great place just need to move not enough money they were good to train everyone is great I will miss it fun to work around cars and learn more skills it was a lot of fun but I have to move to nevada
Pros
In a shop
Cons
Not enough money
Simple part time work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 18, 2016
A typical day was coming in and doing simple physical labor including cleaning and moving tires as needed. Management was pretty stable and were very kind people. Hardest part for me was simply the amount of physical effort required.
Pros
Awesome work environment, friendly workers.
Cons
Physically stressing
exciting & fun place to work
Service Writer / Sales Man (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 9, 2016
daily i would start out completeing any leftover work from the pervious day. after that i would move to the tire dept. to do inpections& write estamates so the sales team could focous no sales and new customerswalking in. That was where i picked up a lot of my sales skills. we closed daily at 5pm. but i dont think i ever finnished a day before 7pm or later. but the whole team did this so it seemed normal for this to happen daily. and even though we worked long hard hours all the employes had a smile on their faces. no matter how worn out they'ed get. my self included. and the owner was good to all his employes. with bonuses/ and a spiff on lubes/coil springs and shock absorbers. i would half to say that the hardest part of the job was not stocking enough parts in shop to keep work at constant flow. only because waiting on parts suppliers to deliver always takes to much time. but the best thing was having a coustomer base that would come in and ask for me to be the only tech to service their car. or say if thats what it needs then go head and do it i trust him!
Pros
full scheudel free lunch& spiff on up sales
Cons
hourly rate of pay
fun place to work
Shop foreman (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CASeptember 29, 2016
I was there a long time and learned many skills that I still use toady. ive met some interesting people at that business. I will always use the skills that I learned in my future work
Overall good experience
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Durango, COSeptember 23, 2016
These guys know what they're doing, care about their customers and employees while keeping a steady business flow. They aren't as cheap as other brand name dealers but they're true to their word and trustworthy people.
productive when management is doing their job
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2016
over all the job requires you to be proficient at autos and organization. the job in-tells you to do tire dismount and mount and balance, fuel system cleaning and inspecting, 100 point inspection, tire rotation oil changes, brake service, and alignments. management is not the greatest. co-workers are wonderful to work with. and the hardest part is the ill-management. the most enjoy able part of the job is when work flow is moving smoothly.
Pros
weekends you do get free lunch
Cons
you have 30min lunches
Disrespectful
Utility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2016
I worked in the warehouse and everyone was always putting someone down. Anytime you ask for help they gave complete attitude about it. Always swearing at each other. Management always told you off in front of everyone. Felt very disrespected. They expect 1 person to do a 2 person job. No time to take a sip of water. Others always gossiping about others. Felt like I was in high school all over again. Never had the get up and go to work feeling. Always stressed out. They knew of a health condition I had and said they would work with me however they didnt. Not a job I would recommend
Meet the commuinity, work long hours with no appreciation
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 13, 2016
Could be a great place to work, all family franchise so it was not properly ran. MFA has purchased the franchise so It could improve
Pros
commuinity service
Cons
bad upper management, one out of eight proper operation procedure
Its ok it was fun and stuff but not making a killing working there
C Technician (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COSeptember 13, 2016
Its ok company work for if your young and dont know what you want to do.If like work tires oil changes and getting told your going get something but never do well you might like it there but it more for young person out high school really all good for
Pros
there good people that work there
Cons
management sucks really there no conmucashen
no balance
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2016
so strict withe people. doctors notes did not matter nor did being sick to them they wanted you to be there or you where gone out the door they fired me for being sick!!!!!!!
Pros
nothing i can say
Cons
everything from attiudes to managment
Good Benefits, Terrible Managment
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Scripps Ranch, CAAugust 6, 2016
Management wants you to be there 24/7. I have a hard time just to get some time off. I have given up a lot of time with my family to work at this company. I'm ready to leave.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Say goodbye to your loved ones
Great place to learn
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COAugust 4, 2016
they are willing to teach you anything you are willing to learn. go into this place with an open mind and a good attitude and you will be able to use it a stepping stone to bigger and better places
Pros
willing to train
Cons
its a shop
Not a good place to work
Upper/Lower bay Tech (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJuly 25, 2016
Would not recommend Big O tires to anyone unless they want to get treated badly, made fun of and have no confidence in the management team to keep personal things personal as they don't and it then everyone knows your business and gets involved. Very unprofessional company
Cons
bad managers and supervisors
Professional car care
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at Big O Tires is getting to work a hour before work to get dressed in automotive uniforms provided by Big O' Tires then opening the bay doors. once the bay door were opened then I had to put out displays of new tire stacks in front of the store then stock your wheel weights for the tire balancing machine. Once the store was open and customers came in then sales reps would complete customers request and give me and other techs work orders. work order from battery installation, oil changes, alignments, and tire installation, repairs and balancing. once the day was over my co techs and I would clean the shop close the bay doors and close up. I learned that the most important thing is safety procedures and customers leaving satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job is a day with no problems or complaints and customers leave happy.
Pros
Hour Breaks, clean uniform every day
Stay Away
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJuly 4, 2016
Long hours, management doesn't care about you or anyone else. JUST MONEY, if you don't produce they threaten your position or job. Very poor money!!
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Money, Management, hours, not for family people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big O Tires. Our community is ready to answer.