Big Sandy Superstore Employee Reviews

overall not a bad place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin Furnace, OHNovember 23, 2017
not much home/work life balance. ...............pay is o.k....it seems that the workers that do their job get abused and taken advantage of and if issues are brought up it seems like they are truly never fixed.
Long hours, little pay.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin Furnace, OHNovember 16, 2017
The distribution center is an absolute joke. You work 60+hours per weeks, typically 3hours passed your scheduled time off every night. The pay is terrible and the benefits are a joke. Some managers are Good, but very few, the rest won't listen to the ones that are. If you want no life, no future, and a little pay for destroying your body to help them profit, Big Sandy is the place for you.
Sales position
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 29, 2017
Working at Big Sandy Superstore is really your basic sales position. I do enjoy my customers there. The sales process is a bit slower than the cellular industry.
Pros
You have the time to get to know your customers.
Cons
Slightly cut-throat atmosphere.
Very fun place to work at, nice employees
Iforce Staffing (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed the job a lot. Unfortunately it was temporarily or I probably would've stayed there I promise to anyone if you work there for BSS you won't be disappointed
Pros
2-3 10-15 minute breaks 1-hr lunch
Cons
N/a
Worst place ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHSeptember 23, 2017
If you want to work for the devil then here is where you want to be. Lady in the back smells like rotting fish sticks. Dont bother asking for help or youll be yelled at.
Pros
Theres a bathroom
Don't waste your time
sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Toxic environment,poorly structured company,products are junk,they care about one thing, profit....not employees.....horrible experience working there. You work hard to make sales then your customers get damaged products
Pros
Cons
everything
good company to work for
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Furnace, OHAugust 20, 2017
i really liked my job with Big Sandy Superstores Warehouse very good to work for and very good when it came to family needs.i retired from there..i retired with a 401k plan.i really like working in the inventory dept.
productive exciting atmophere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2017
enjoyed working for the company, great uplifting environment, open door policy with management, growth within the company. typical day consists of setting up dinning area delivering food,
Not great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 26, 2017
No real culture other than show up and do your job. Long hours not great pay or benefits. Management team tries, but they are micromanaged by inferior leaders with no real grasp on the real world.
Fun place to work, great people and management
Sales Associate, Retail furniture Sales (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJune 10, 2017
This place is a great place to work. Staff is friendly and so is management. Plenty of room for growth. Able to make extra income if driven to do so, by participating in special sales events and learning product.
Pros
Great co workers, and work enviroment
Cons
You do have to put in hours and weekends to make money on comission
Fun workplace
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHApril 27, 2017
management is great. Coworkers are amazing. Everyone is so close you become family. Very fun and laid back environment. Some days are very busy, some days are very laid back.
its what you make of it
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 19, 2017
its a sales job so there are sharks in the water! if you have people skills and organization skills then you can make what of it as you please. some of the sales goals are set up for you to reach only minimum pay.
Great team!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Paintsville, KYApril 7, 2017
I truly love working at Paintsville Big Sandy, we have an amazing team of people. We don't always see eye to eye, but we still care about each other and try to take care of each other when it comes right down to it. There are a few exceptions, but the majority of people that work there are honest, hardworking people.
Pros
Good earning potential
Cons
Long hours/competitive atmosphere at times
Big Sandy Superstore
Furniture Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHMarch 24, 2017
When I was offered a position at Big Sandy, It was my first full time job. I was surrounded by amazing co-workers, who quickly became some of my closest friends. My managers were always lending a hand and helping. I learned so much about not only furniture but also providing excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job would be having "slow days, weeks." Sometimes there was not much foot traffic but it did help with getting paperwork done. What I enjoyed most was helping customers pick out the furniture that would be a part of their forever home, first home etc.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Awesome
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 21, 2016
Was there to help open in the new store. Everyone that worked there was pretty much one big family. Everybody helped everybody. The only thing that sucked was working open to close every single weekend along with 10-13 hour shifts throughout the week, with 2 kids it seems impossible.
Pros
Great pay/benefits
Cons
long hours and weekends
watch for snakes
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYAugust 25, 2016
Overall fun environment, management is ok depending on which store you work at, coworkers will snake your sales. Trust no one, proceed with caution.
Pros
lenient on rules as long as you bring in money
Cons
cutthroat people, hard to reach commission minimum at times
Exciting place to work. Enjoy the experience i have gained from the job.
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYJune 24, 2016
As a ware-houseman my duties vary on a daily basis. I enjoy the task that i face on a daily basis. Some of my duties required are to unload/load our shipments, as well as fill our show floor. We do customer pickups and fix any problems that may arise throughout the week.
Pros
great work enviroment, and experience
Cons
pay
Looking for another job that is not commission.
furniture sales representative (Current Employee) –  Maysville, KYMay 14, 2015
I'm currently trying to find another job that is not commission. I work extensive hours and am about to have a child. They will not let me work part-time therefore I am on my feet 10-12 hours a day. So far I have not had any complications with my pregnancy however I feel being on my feet this much will result in problems in the future. Overall Big Sandy is a great place to work and the employees are tolerable. However, I have a quota each month I have to hit which at times seems out of this world. $40,000+ in sales of furniture per month is a lot. If I can not hit my quota 3 times I get fired which seems somewhat drastic to me.
Pros
Not a factory
Cons
Commission
Ok place to work for
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 25, 2014
The only way to make money or improve here is if you sale. Don't expect to move up or get a raise if you are an hourly worker.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Raises are rare or non existent
Family environment with lots of nice people
Furniture Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 27, 2014
Laid back work community with help around every corner
Easy company to grow with
Flexible hours