Want to be part of the next big thing? Join Big Switch Networks! We’re seeking a smart, talented, and fun person to be our Receptionist/Admin.
Why join Big Switch?
- We are recognized as one of the top start-ups in our field. Consistently ranked as one of the top ten networking start-ups, we’re dedicated to building a great product and a great company (and having some fun in the process!).
- We hire smart, creative, energetic people, game changers at the top of their respective fields. We are a small group of innovators who believes we can make a big difference.
- We offer competitive salaries and great benefits. We have generous medical, dental, and vision plans; we contribute to Health Savings Accounts and a 401(k) plan for our employees.
- We offer free Caltrain Go Pass. Employees can use it for work and leisure between any Caltrain stations.
- We have bright, friendly office close to Castro street, Mountain View. We’re less than 10 block away from dozens of great restaurants and shops on Castro Street.
- And finally, we have not one but two espresso machines, and a head barista who makes a great cup of joe - okay, he’s an engineer, but his coffee is still top notch
Answer and disseminate calls.
Open and distribute mail; coordinate the daily courier.
Manage conference room reservation and organize all aspects for meetings.
Maintain office, kitchen, reception area and conference room
Arrange and coordinate events/meetings including ordering food for management and staff as needed.
Update various spreadsheets and other general administrative duties as needed.
Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone communication both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
Checks and maintain inventory regularly and order supplies.
Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
Must be able to safely lift/move at least 25 lbs
Minimum of 3 years relevant experience especially in a technology startup.
Prior Reception/ Front Desk/ Customer Service experience.
Good planning and organization skills.
Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Strong attention to detail.
Professional appearance and manner.
Computer literacy must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
Familiarity Google Apps - email, managing calendar, groups, drive, docs etc.
Excellent follow-through and ability to complete tasks on short deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a link to your LinkedIn profile, resume and a short cover letter, explaining your relevant experience and why you want to work for Big Switch Networks. Please include your salary expectations.
ABOUT BIG SWITCH NETWORKS
Big Switch Networks is the market leader in open software-defined networking solutions for enterprises. Leading international banks and high-tech companies are using our openSDN architecture to build their next-generation data centers. Based in Mountain View and funded by some of the best venture capital firms in Silicon Valley, the Big Switch Networks team comprises industry veterans who led the SDN revolution, renowned experts in virtualizationand networking, and researchers from Stanford University. For more information, visit www.bigswitch.com