Big Employee Reviews

Overall best place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cajon, CANovember 15, 2017
I loved working at Big 5. The management was great and the employees were friendly as well. The only problem about Big 5 was the customers. They were a little rude
Easy place to work, selling great products
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 15, 2017
Cool, fun place to work. Fast paced but not extremely stressful. Like working in an adult playground. High turnover due to summer hires and ability to transfer stores, but overall, a good place to work.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
short breaks and lunches, work nearly every weekend
Productive and great work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GANovember 15, 2017
Very easy going coworkers who are great to work alongside to. Rush hour happens a lot so you have to be very quick on your feet and be able to call back and remember everything they call out as an order.
Great family like atmosphere
laborer (Former Employee) –  Odessa, FLNovember 13, 2017
Over all a great work place. Once proven that you can hang in there then you become part of a family like environment. Management was excellent. A great place. No job to big!
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Not many breaks
Its a big
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  sdfgNovember 8, 2017
I dont know why this keeps having me do this it is so dumb I am a big brother and I hang out wikth my little> I don know what else to say. ..
guests were great
employee (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 7, 2017
management was a big part of leaving big c the salon management is horrible the rest of the club was great there is alot of backstabbing at the club i really enjoyed the tennis courts before they turned them into a soccer field
Pros
use of club
Cons
backstabbers
its was alot while it last
Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 7, 2017
not going to say to much they were very great when I first start then the sneaky stuff started to happen one after another cut pay, stolen work completions ect.
Pros
steady work
Cons
alot of closed door conversations
Great First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CANovember 2, 2017
It is a great place to step in and get some experience but once you realize you can find more hours and more permanent hours you'll find yourself leave as i did in need for a more reliable work state
My time at Big Lots.
Cashier/Team (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 28, 2017
When I work at big lots it was an okay job. It was simple just cash out customers and keep everything stocked. Make sure everything was clean for the next shift.
Hated it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2017
This place is closed down now but it was not a good environment to work in it was poor communication in the store the workers didn't listen to the boss
Laborer (Former Employee) –  King City, CAOctober 17, 2017
Big valley laborer was a agriculture job.Its was a temporary job. I learned how to do weeding,following directions from foreman.The hardest part of the job was when i had to be in my knees more that 5 hours.
Decent Enough Starting Point
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAOctober 15, 2017
It is not an entirely terrible place to work, however, it is more recommended for those in school or those who only need minimal income as the hours just aren't there.
Pros
Fast paced, Friendly Staff, Lots of training
Cons
Low hours, low wages, very cut throat
Easy and Fun environment but not a long-lasting position
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atascadero, CAOctober 2, 2017
The employees were nice and the job was easy but they didn't give me the hours I needed. Not much room for advancing in the company; the managers were the only ones who really got their desired hours and pay. It's a good part-time job for a student maybe but not the best for the average employee trying to make a living.
Pros
25% discount on merchandise
Cons
No break room, conflicting management, disorganized
I loved Big Ten Mart
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 29, 2017
This was honestly the most enjoyable job I've worked. Big ten mart had an amazing owner, incredible management, and as long as you can stand on your feet for the entire shift there was nothing to complain about.
flexible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CASeptember 28, 2017
if you go to school, are searching for a second part time job, or maybe something seasonal this is a good job for you. they have flexible hours, but no great benefits.
Not the best
Associate (Former Employee) –  Provo, UT 84604September 17, 2017
While this job is great for beginners just looking for a job until they can find a better-paying one, I certainly don't advise expecting too much. Despite the fact I worked over a year (which most of my co-workers didn't manage), the store manager's way of communication was not at all ok. He would often yell, sometimes in front of the customers, and he spoke in a condescending manner sometimes when things weren't going his way. They put a heavy stress on signing people up for a free card for advertisement purposes and acted like I was a trained sales agent not making the cut, and I was even directly told I was the worst of the store. And what few managers I did like were fired for little to no reason. If you can be stubborn and don't mind the low pay, knock yourself out. But I don't personally recommend working there.
Cons
Bad management
Its a small family owned business
Sales (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CASeptember 12, 2017
Its small but not so small. But room for growth is non existent due to people have been employed there for 10 to 20 years. Though if you want to grow in a company.
Fun fast paced
Co-Owner (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 6, 2017
You will meet a lot of people from all over the place. If you are an inspiring Foodie this is a job for you! Hard work, lots of days can be long but you have so much fun that the day turns into night!
Team environment
Manager/Ast (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJSeptember 1, 2017
Casual Male Big & Tall was an awesome place to work. The employees while having daily sales quotas worked together in a team like environment to ensure excellent customer care which equated to meeting the daily sales goals. Upper management was relaxed as long as sales quotas were achieved. And management at store level assisted in achieving life balance
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Pressure sometimes to meet sales goals
Competitive, fun and fast pace work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 23, 2017
Competitive, fun and fast pace work environment.

Little room for growth or movement once reach the store management level.

Compensation and raises not in line with work and performance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big. Our community is ready to answer.