- Approves and enforces adherence to standardized recipes, menus, cook’s spreadsheets, and the Diet Manual.
- Revises and creates policies that are applied to staff.
- Responsible for and ensures compliance of: county, state, and federal standards and guidelines.
- Implements and supervises orientation, work assignments, and food handling for cooks and food preparation staff.
- Conducts in-service programs and meetings for employees.
- Annually evaluates regular status of employees and evaluates and recommends disposition of employees in probationary status.
- Is responsible for counseling, correcting, and disciplining Nutritional Services employees.
- Ensures adequate staffing on a daily basis, and when necessary, solicits employees for and authorizes overtime.
- Supervises the maintenance of health, safety, and sanitation conditions in the department.
- Supervises assembly of patient trays to conform to diets ordered by physician.
- Supervises food production through use of standardized recipes, portion control and production summaries for resident meals, cafeteria, snack bar and special functions; makes diet order changes.
- Aid in menu preparation for “employee cafeteria”.
- Examines state of equipment, determines if equipment is operating properly and recommends repairs or replacement by writing work orders for Maintenance Department or contract repair companies and ensures that the work is completed.
- Performs similar or related duties as required.
Nutritional Services Supervisor, Cooks, Food Preparation Staff
MUST BE CERTIFIED as a DIETARY MANAGER
Indeed - 10 months ago