Bill Wilson Center Employee Reviews

Competitive job with stressful scenarios
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA 95050February 17, 2018
Work at Bill Wilson Center is competitive because you compete with your physical stress and mental health. You constantly get exposed to lifestyle of the clients you work with.
Pros
Free time, benefits, work group
Cons
Stressful days and mental stress
fast paced environment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 4, 2017
Providing excellent client care is the top priority. I provide case management, rehab, and counseling services to youth, Assist and complete intakes, documentation, and direct counseling services
good company with good benefit ,with respect
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 30, 2017
this company is trusty & safe place to work with grate benefit , people in this company they friendly with big smile & happy & encouraging you with nice world ,& serving youth & kids with big respect
Coworkers are great, client's are great, but you have no life
Clinician II, TAY Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 13, 2017
This is not a 40 hr/week job. This is not even a 50 hr/week job. The staff is great and the client's are great but between the county requirements, the MediCal requirements, the agency requirements and the case loads you will have to eat/sleep/breath documentation. Still, the pay is reasonable and the benefits are good. The less "life" you have outside of work the more it will work for you.
Pros
Great people, really good benefits
Cons
long hours, tons of documentation
humbiling
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 8, 2017
this experience was extremely humbling. It though me that even in the worse of situations, people still have the great of attitude. People are hopeful and grateful for any help given
Overtime, overload and burn out
Clinician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 15, 2016
I could describe the job with this three words. Now, I'm working at another agency and the paperwork is much more manageable, my new schedule is very flexible and I have enough time to take care of me and my family.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
Bwc
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 22, 2016
Overall good place to work, good benefits, better than average non profit compensation. The mission of the company is rewarding.
A Place of Learning
Social Worker & Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 18, 2015
This is a place where you can get great experience in a variety of areas. You will be able to use counseling skills, case management, and gain a lot of practice wisdom.
Rewarding
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 8, 2015
Counseled individuals confidentially and anonymously who needed a listening ear. This type of work was extremely eye opening and rewarding to calm individuals down and help them out of their hardships.
Great for gaining experience
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 31, 2014
• Input client data into AWARDS and CMS computer programs
• Oversee AFDC applications for client funding
• Creating the daily census
• Filing, auditing and monitoring clients files.
• Emergency Commercially Sexually Exploited Children intakes
• Working closely with Santa Clara and San Jose Police Departments with emergency intakes
• Screening, evaluation and orientation of homeless youth
• Handle crisis phone calls and walk-in crisis situations
• Provide individual and group counseling to residents
• Discipline youth and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior
• Daily, weekly and monthly program reports
• Maintain and dispense appropriate medications
Over all it was a great place to work at, with some drawbacks but I managed.
Peer Mentor/Peer Partner I (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 23, 2013
A typical day would be, I'd come into work an talk to the youth about how their day was, how they were doing, what their plans were to getting off the streets, were they looking for work. Things of that nature. I learned that no one is immune to hard times and that's its always import to stay calm an positive about what ever life throws your way, good or bad. Managment was like my co-workers, cool and down to earth. I think the hardest part of the job was seeing kids on the steet like that, so young. It was sad. The most enjoyable part was seeing one of the youth succeed in findind a job or finding housing for themselves.
Pros
Getting donations for the center.
Cons
30 min lunchs
Fun all the time
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 2, 2013
We always went somewhere with a group, and were involved in many things with the community. It was always fun and free.
Pros
fun, free stuff, fun and exciting trips
Enjoyed working with all the counselors and clients.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 27, 2012
I would answer a multi-line phone, helped clients when they came in some were only Spanish speaking and I interpreted for them, I would create files for them making sure all the paper work is in order if they had a co-payment I would take it and enter the amount in the computer. I enjoyed helping people and getting the help they needed.
Put away the politics
Peer Partner II (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 27, 2012
If you like to walk on pins and needles great place for you! Creativity is usually welcomed but not accepted.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
terrible management
It is a great place to work
Information System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 26, 2012
I manage the agency database and am the IT liaison for the agency. Typically, I correct data entry errors and run SQL queries to ensure that the data that's being entered is correct. I also troubleshoot IT problems and determine to escalate to a third party IT support company.
Currently, I am managing the implementation of a new agency database. Meeting with program managers and staff to determine what forms and fields are needed for this new database. Also, creating timelines and deliverables for this new database.
Pros
small nonprofit and very friendly people
Cons
using outdated equipment and programs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bill Wilson Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Bill Wilson Center Reviews by Location