Bill Wilson Center Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 8, 2015
Counseled individuals confidentially and anonymously who needed a listening ear. This type of work was extremely eye opening and rewarding to calm individuals down and help them out of their hardships.
Great for gaining experience
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 31, 2014
• Input client data into AWARDS and CMS computer programs
• Oversee AFDC applications for client funding
• Creating the daily census
• Filing, auditing and monitoring clients files.
• Emergency Commercially Sexually Exploited Children intakes
• Working closely with Santa Clara and San Jose Police Departments with emergency intakes
• Screening, evaluation and orientation of homeless youth
• Handle crisis phone calls and walk-in crisis situations
• Provide individual and group counseling to residents
• Discipline youth and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior
• Daily, weekly and monthly program reports
• Maintain and dispense appropriate medications
Over all it was a great place to work at, with some drawbacks but I managed.
Peer Mentor/Peer Partner I (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 23, 2013
A typical day would be, I'd come into work an talk to the youth about how their day was, how they were doing, what their plans were to getting off the streets, were they looking for work. Things of that nature. I learned that no one is immune to hard times and that's its always import to stay calm an positive about what ever life throws your way, good or bad. Managment was like my co-workers, cool and down to earth. I think the hardest part of the job was seeing kids on the steet like that, so young. It was sad. The most enjoyable part was seeing one of the youth succeed in findind a job or finding housing for themselves.
Pros
getting donations for the center.
Cons
30 min lunchs
Enjoyed working with all the counselors and clients.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 27, 2012
I would answer a multi-line phone, helped clients when they came in some were only Spanish speaking and I interpreted for them, I would create files for them making sure all the paper work is in order if they had a co-payment I would take it and enter the amount in the computer. I enjoyed helping people and getting the help they needed.
Put away the politics
Peer Partner II (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 27, 2012
If you like to walk on pins and needles great place for you! Creativity is usually welcomed but not accepted.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
terrible management
It is a great place to work
Information System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 26, 2012
I manage the agency database and am the IT liaison for the agency. Typically, I correct data entry errors and run SQL queries to ensure that the data that's being entered is correct. I also troubleshoot IT problems and determine to escalate to a third party IT support company.
Currently, I am managing the implementation of a new agency database. Meeting with program managers and staff to determine what forms and fields are needed for this new database. Also, creating timelines and deliverables for this new database.
Pros
small nonprofit and very friendly people
Cons
using outdated equipment and programs

4.3