Billings Clinic Employee Reviews

Leading Medical Field for Employment
TA III (Current Employee), Billings, MTApril 8, 2015
Great place to work- family oriented. Longevity for staff working here presently. My position now, no room for advancement
great place to work and its growing so big
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Billings MTApril 2, 2015
Pros: great team of nurses
Cons: can be depressing to see pts go downhill in their health.
I loved taking care of the patients and creating bonds with them. Hospital is very efficient and abides by all the rules. Its takes great consideration in putting the patient first. We worked hard on eliminating hospital acquired infections and succeeded each year as the numbers went down.
Busy Busy Busy
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Billings, MTMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough advancement
A typical stressful busy work environment to live up to the name of the company. Trying to meet standards even if it seems out of reach. The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to work at your own pace
Billings Clinic
Phlebotomist/Lab Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Billings ClinicMarch 18, 2015
Typical day is very routine, usually doing the same routine every day. I have learned countless skills, although don't feel like I have been offered or allowed to advance much related to those skills. Co workers are fantastic. The hardest part of the job is dealing with any management whatsoever and the awful budgeting. The most enjoyable is getting to work with people.
People are The Heart of Their Business
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Billings, MTFebruary 28, 2015
The people are great!! Never worked with such great people!! Family friendly, senior leadership supports the value of the organization, high quality customer service is priority number one.
productive and fun work enviroment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Billings, MTDecember 17, 2014
fun and energetic co-workers
Great residents and staff
flexible scheduled
clean and safe environment
Overall great company
Medical Billing Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Billings, MTOctober 8, 2014
I was not able to set my own hours, however I had an awesome manager.
very enjoyable to work for this company
Phlebotomist Level III ASCP Certified (Former Employee), Billings, MTOctober 6, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: managment poor, one hand didn't know what the other was doing
I liked working here, but for some of the hours 4am or midnights.
Wage was low for years worked
surgical technologist (Former Employee), Billings, MTJuly 24, 2014
Pros: respected for knowledge
Cons: low pay
surgical technologist. worked in all surgical service lines. helped with education of other surgical technologists.
wonderful environment for learning
Medical Coding Advisor (Current Employee), Billings, MTJune 25, 2014
Pros: respect, education, management
Cons: health insurance is not as good as one would think for working at a healthcare facility of this size
Organization is big on customer service and employees are treated with the same respect as are the patients.
Good staff, trying to become current with medical tech
Respiratory Therapist and Sleep Technician (Current Employee), Billings, MTMay 10, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: no training or training related reimbursement, no pay increases (cost of living), poor insurance benefits and you must use their pharmacy only
Billings Clinic has a real lack of trustworthy and knowledgeable leadership. The Physicians, for the most part, are great to work with. This is definitely a small town hospital. I'd avoid the frustration if you are used to working in a large city hospital with modern equipment and modern practices. The pay is NOT competitive with others in the industry and their benefits are a joke. Continuing education is unheard of and even discouraged other than to maintain licensing. You assume all expenses with CEUs and you must pursue them yourself.
NP/PA (Former Employee), Billings, MTApril 16, 2014
No pay x 3years. Good staff and hardworking peers. Administration does not support staff
ok
Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee), Billings, MTApril 8, 2014
ok employer. Good co-workers, enjoy working with patients
Everything they say they are...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Billings, MTMarch 20, 2014
Billings Clinic truly lives up to the standards it holds out for itself. That is not to say it is perfect. It is made up of people like me, after all. But, when you get Billings Clinic staff focused on doing the right thing: look out. It is going to get done. Best for the patients and the staff! Good-hearted people doing their absolute best. Everyday.
Wonderful place to work; great colleauges
LDRP RN (Current Employee), Billings, MTJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: rewarding job and great pay/benefits
Cons: long work days
Typically I first go in to report where I get my patient assignments and then start my day with patient assessments. My day then is different depending on if I am taking care of a laboring patient, an antepartum patient, or a post partum patient and infant.
Billings Clinic
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Billings, MTDecember 12, 2013
Cons: l.p.n. have a set value put on them.
It has been a very nice company to spent my work life with for the last 26 years. I have met many people both staff and patients that I truly have enjoyed. I am to a point in my life were I need to look at something less physically demanding.
Biilings Clinic
Phlebotomy Internship (Former Employee), Billings, MTOctober 22, 2013
Pros: working, doing something you love and helping others.
Cons: no pay
I loved doing my internship at Billings Clinic. It was a rewarding experience. In the clinic I completed blood draws and learned the process of taking the blood, labeling and sending samples to the lab. I was taught how to take other samples such as urine, to measure, label and send the samples to the lab, and to stock and clean the drawing room. An average day would be combine all of these tasks into one work day. In the hospital I learned how to enter a room and wake a patient for blood draws. I was showed how to draw from a bedside, label, enter information into a handheld computer or the computer in the lab, then send the sample to the lab on time. An average day at the hospital would include all of this, plus cleaning all of the instruments carried into a special precautionary rooms. The management was great and helpful. The co-workers I had were fantastic. They were helpful and wonderful at answering any questions or concerns I had. The employees invited me to eat with them and sit to chat in the break room. The hardest part of the job was getting a difficult draw. The best part was having a patient tell me they did not feel a thing and that I was the best phlebotomist they had dealt with in years of blood draws.
Phenomenal standards for quality of care.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Billings, MTAugust 22, 2013
Pros: leadership support
Cons: its always tough to maintain that life/work balance.
Non profit, Magnet hospital associated off site facility and in hospital skilled unit. Extensive upper leadership support, extremely high standard of care expectation. Tools to lead, and tools to offer staff. My team and I were able to achieve Top 100 in the Nation for skilled facilities during my tenure, which is a compilation of 3 years of data. Additionally, we went from a 2-3 star rating to a 5 star rating on Nursing Home Compare for both units.

I was encouraged to do my job, and supported in my decisions. Turnover rate decreased from 58% when I started to 8% in the first year and stayed below 12% for my length of employment.
I liked working at the Billings clinic.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Billings, MTJune 19, 2013
Pros: i made some good friends there.
Cons: it was real easy to get sick working in a hospital
But I didn't like the turnover in our department. The team oriented atmosphere was awesome though.
Team efforts in making everyone happy.
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Billings, MT.May 23, 2013
Pros: working with experienced managers and co-workers.
Cons: having limited health coverage.
Worked with professional staff in serving the public's interest in providing quality care to hospital outpatient clients.
Learned to become patient with the client needs.
Management and co-workers worked jointly to promote a safe and caring atmosphere to work in.
Hardest part of the job is not having enough time to participate in other helpful activities with clientele outside the premises.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be making a big difference in the happiness of short time client encounter.