Billy Casper Golf Employee Reviews

I knew what was expected of me, so I did that plus more.
Outside/ Inside Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2016
We have had issues finding the right GM over the three years that I have been there, but once the company put the correct person in place the quality of a typical work day improved tremendously. The hardest part of the job was dealing with equipment that was either outdated or broken. Previous managers had not taken the necessary steps to have everything work properly. Although there were tough times, I enjoyed the people I worked with most about the job. Almost all of the staff had been there at least a year so everyone was familiar with each other.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, friendly regulars.
Cons
Hot weather.
Had to walk out
digital (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 13, 2016
This is an unhealthy work environment. As other reviews point out, they are quick to promise you many things, but once you're in the door, the reality sets in that this place is a black hole for your career. I cannot emphasize enough, do not work here. There are a lot of great people that work at Billy Casper, and then there is the upper management... a group of people who constantly has something up their sleeve or deceive employees to make them feel that their "70-hour-weeks" are for the greater good of the company.
Pros
Free lunch on wednesday
Cons
unprofessional, unhealthy
Just a thought
None (Former Employee) –  NowhereMay 14, 2016
It sounds like your company is typical for 2016. Here's your opportunity to shine but we want you to work way to much and not pay you for your unbelievable work ethic. It saddens me to read this about so many companies these days. Do yourself a favor and actually read your reviews and stop micro managing. These reviews could actually better your company and point to many problems that are so close to the surface.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Everything posted in reviews
Run away as fast as you can
You deserve better (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2016
The reviews on here that are positive had to be placed by management to offset those of employees. Ignore them.

The truth is they promise you more than they ever plan to deliver. Don't plan on thinking for yourself, they micromanage your every move. It's all about putting on a show for the client

There are many other places to work. Go find one that deserves your talents.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, drama and lies
Worst management
Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 8, 2016
You're expected to work 70+ hours a week with horrible compensation and only year round employees get benefits but they won't hire anyone year round. Management has NO clue what they are doing. If they are new to the golf course they push local employees out that know what they are doing to bring "corporate" people in that have been with the company. They are sketchy, back stabbing people. They will manipulate you to get what they want. Worked at the golf course they came in to manage for 4 years before Billy Casper took over. Worked one year with them and will never go back unless they leave.
Pros
Nothing.
educational learning experience
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2016
I appreciate the experience to learn about maintaining golf courses. I hope to be able to better use my knowledge somewhere else for a greater benefit to myself as well as the grounds.
Pros
good learning arena
Cons
not enough hours or room for advancement
Chicagoland Management is the worst of any Company
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2016
Sure there is phenomenal growth opportunities. Only because they don't care about their employees. The turnover is so extreme starting with Assistants because they don't care about the quality of your work just who's going to do it the cheapest. They ask their Assistants and General Managers to work 80+ hours a week and either A) Don't pay them Overtime or B) Lower their hourly wage below what a sales associate would make what to compensate for Overtime. This echo's what others have already stated and reviewed and I'm just happy to know that the Midwest region is quickly sinking into an oblivion it hopefully can never crawl out of. I'd give it no stars if I could.
Pros
Free Golf that you can't use because you work 80+ hours a week
Cons
Overwork, underpay, no guidance, terrible upper managment, etc....
Mainly working to help our overnight campers enjoy the night on our camp grounds.
Shop Attendant and Customer Service rep (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, ILJune 10, 2016
Overall I love working at Billy Casper although it is a seasonal job, I am also able to learn different skills dealing with the forest, and teach our guest about the out doors.
Horrible for the Workers
GM (Former Employee) –  ILFebruary 29, 2016
I worked for this company for 10 years and never felt like anyone cared just was in it for themselves especially VSO, Regionals. I beat budget for 5 consecutive years and was let go because of overstaffing. THey feel once you make them money and run you into ground from overworking they will find someone else to do it and the process will repeat. The Regional and VSO have no idea what is going on at the actual facility but ideas they come up with are throw it on wall and see if it sticks. They talk about spending money to make money but they are company who once they get contract find ways to save and send the course into the ground. Regionals have head so far up it's either there way or highway. Stay away from them it will make you hate work and uneventful environment
Cons
overwork, underpay, vso support is unheard of, regional support non-exsistent
Candidate
Golf Operations (Former Employee) –  Plymouth MIApril 22, 2016
This was a job that I did right after College. So im watching this documentary on drilling by oil companies and it is really messed to what they are doing. Like how do these people get away with this. Is this 20 words? good
Bad attitudes
Team Member (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 16, 2016
Only place I've ever seen where you get yelled at for being a few minutes early!!! Yes, that is not a misprint! The company sucks starting with the management at course level.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Terrible place to work
assistant superintendent (Former Employee) –  CtJanuary 19, 2016
Worked as an assistant superintendent and was treated terribly. The upper management is a joke, they're more concerned with things that don't even matter. This company sucks. Do not work here
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Reeves golf course. Very team oriented, fun, and family like environment. Great management team that provided me with the proper training to be successful.
Pros
Great work environment
Opportunity for growth
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2015
BCG allows a great opportunity for you to grow your career in the golf business. Some areas they are becoming too big and don't have the corporate staff to keep up. As a GM there is a lot of admin work that keeps you in the office.
Pros
opportunity for growth
Cons
becoming too corporate, taking away from gms.
A great place to work.
Assistant general manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, N.Y.May 3, 2012
A typical day entailed opening the golf course and making sure all employees were present. Cash was then counted and made ready for the day. A property walk was completed making sure all was clean and presentable for guests. All golfers were then checked in with emphasis on providing the ultimate guest experience. Employee and guest issues were handled through out the day.

I learned the guest experience is the most important part of the business.

Had a good relationship with management and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was picking up the slack when employees did not show . The most enjoyable part of the job was being there.
People came to our Course to have an enjoyable time
Clubhouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioDecember 2, 2012
The job consisted of daily balancing of the prior days business. Making bank deposits daily. Listing each days activity into the computer and sending reports to the proper departments. Checking
inventory, making sure adequate food and beverages where in stock.
Answering emails from management. Handling customers request and complaints. Make sure cashiers had updated information on new
promotions and answer any questions they had. Dealt with any problems the volunteer staff, scheduling, time off, etc.Solicited for new business and worked with outing directors on forthcoming events. Worked hand in hand with the director of golf who was my
immediate boss.
Pros
very relaxed fun position
Cons
nothing
Great golf company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Great connections with course staff, golfing privileges, you have the opportunity for national exposure and a nice company to have on your resume. Fun and laid back environment. Great golf perks. Opportunities are scares unless you want to try your hand in the "Field". Pays lower than the market in NoVa.
Great overall learning experience
Pro Shop Associate (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILNovember 12, 2013
I had a great manager when working for Billy Casper Golf and he gave me a lot of responsibility while working for him. It was a mutually respected relationship, and he knew he could trust me to get my job done. He also gave me the opportunity to learn a little bit about the management role and create marketing strategies for the golf course.
Pros
free golf, a lot of hours
Cons
odd hours
Go to any other golf company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern VirginiaDecember 8, 2014
AWFUL company. The upper management is a JOKE, my Regional Manager is one of the worst person I have ever worked under. He talks about how they care and how they promote from within the company, it's a lie. I have applied for 8 different jobs in those 8 only 2 were filled by people inside of Billy Casper. Also if you are looking to advance and move elsewhere you have almost no chance. The marketing department is slow to respond and awful designs! If we wanted clip art we could do it ourselfs at the facility and not pay a marketing fee! They talk about being a family oriented company, another lie. I work typically 8-+ hours a week and all 7 days, no family time. If you work at the VSO though or are upper managment you work no more than 40 and usually less for my regional manager! If you want to get into the golf industry look elsewhere! Lord knows I am!!!!
Cons
regional manager is a joke, vso is 0 help, marketing is awful.
Management Unprofessional
Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  CAJune 3, 2013
If you are not part of the in crowd u are single out by the GM, he plays more games than any manager I have ever worked for. Make promises they dont keep, and they use u until they are done w u and then set u up to fail. GM only helps his family members, when he says they have to save money for the company, its only his family that it entitled to work hours.
Cons
to many to write, bad experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Billy Casper Golf. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7