Billy Casper Golf Employee Reviews

Career Starter
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 6, 2017
BCG is a great place to get your career started when you are just starting out. They teach you everything you need to know especially when you are just beginning!
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
No work/life balance
Enjoyable work environment, layed back
Pro Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2017
While working for Billy Casper Golf I learned to step out of my comfort zone by talking to strangers to do my part to give them a fun and enjoyable golfing experience and in turn I would have a fun and enjoyable work day.
Great golf course and very social and great employees
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CAApril 7, 2017
I think this golf course is really well managed and kept up. All the employees there are very social and very friendly and they made me feel welcomed when I first joined the job. I have became friends with all of the cooks and staffs.
Pros
Free food from banquet, sometimes tips, friendly environment
Cons
Only like 2 dishwashers
Ability to learn and grow as well as any company I have worked with
Regional General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2017
Billy Casper Golf provides an enjoyable work experience. Not only do they provide a learning environment but, they always want to promote from within.
Pros
Complimentary Golf
Cons
N/a
Food management company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Enjoyed my time there in my management role. Company is administrative heavy which can be good and bad. Compensation is competitive and work atmosphere is how you make it..
Fun, Semi-Casual Work Environment
Payroll Associate/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 27, 2016
The office environment is very open, both socially and physically. They encourage open communication with co-workers and management to avoid potential missed opportunities as well as conflicts.

My experience with management was not the greatest. It felt to me that management had no concept of how much work could be fit into any given time frame. And, that regardless of how hard we worked, we could still only work as fast or slow as the systems we used. This caused a fair amount of friction.

Additionally, management does not plan well for training new hires. For my position, which was new to me, I was given about 5 days training to learn everything there was to know. Couple that with co-workers not having time to respond to questions and things were bound to collapse, which they did.

I will say that overall I enjoyed the environment and the people. Although there were tough times, I hold no grudge against anyone.

My advice when applying to this company: Have plenty of previous experience in the position to which you are applying.
Pros
Weekly Catered Lunches, Flexibility with breaks/lunch, Holiday Events
Cons
Gossip is rampant, IT Dept can be condescending, Temps are often treated as outcasts
Enjoyable people, fun outdoor workplace
Foreman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJDecember 9, 2016
Different jobs to keep things interesting on a daily bases. Enjoyed spending the day out side working, all co-workers were very friendly and it was a joy to work with them.
Terrible place to Work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 28, 2016
Worked as a bartender in Ocala, FL They will cheat you out of your tips and pay less than minimum wage. Management doesn't care about the club or employees. Employees don't care about the quests and can't do their job because they can't keep their noses out of their cell phones. Horrible place to work!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no breaks
educational learning experience
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2016
I appreciate the experience to learn about maintaining golf courses. I hope to be able to better use my knowledge somewhere else for a greater benefit to myself as well as the grounds.
Pros
good learning arena
Cons
not enough hours or room for advancement
I knew what was expected of me, so I did that plus more.
Outside/ Inside Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2016
We have had issues finding the right GM over the three years that I have been there, but once the company put the correct person in place the quality of a typical work day improved tremendously. The hardest part of the job was dealing with equipment that was either outdated or broken. Previous managers had not taken the necessary steps to have everything work properly. Although there were tough times, I enjoyed the people I worked with most about the job. Almost all of the staff had been there at least a year so everyone was familiar with each other.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, friendly regulars.
Cons
Hot weather.
Had to walk out
digital (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 13, 2016
This is an unhealthy work environment. As other reviews point out, they are quick to promise you many things, but once you're in the door, the reality sets in that this place is a black hole for your career. I cannot emphasize enough, do not work here. There are a lot of great people that work at Billy Casper, and then there is the upper management... a group of people who constantly has something up their sleeve or deceive employees to make them feel that their "70-hour-weeks" are for the greater good of the company.
Pros
Free lunch on wednesday
Cons
unprofessional, unhealthy
Mainly working to help our overnight campers enjoy the night on our camp grounds.
Shop Attendant and Customer Service rep (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, ILJune 10, 2016
Overall I love working at Billy Casper although it is a seasonal job, I am also able to learn different skills dealing with the forest, and teach our guest about the out doors.
Bad attitudes
Team Member (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 16, 2016
Only place I've ever seen where you get yelled at for being a few minutes early!!! Yes, that is not a misprint! The company sucks starting with the management at course level.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Just a thought
None (Former Employee) –  NowhereMay 14, 2016
It sounds like your company is typical for 2016. Here's your opportunity to shine but we want you to work way to much and not pay you for your unbelievable work ethic. It saddens me to read this about so many companies these days. Do yourself a favor and actually read your reviews and stop micro managing. These reviews could actually better your company and point to many problems that are so close to the surface.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Everything posted in reviews
Run away as fast as you can
You deserve better (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2016
The reviews on here that are positive had to be placed by management to offset those of employees. Ignore them.

The truth is they promise you more than they ever plan to deliver. Don't plan on thinking for yourself, they micromanage your every move. It's all about putting on a show for the client

There are many other places to work. Go find one that deserves your talents.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, drama and lies
Candidate
Golf Operations (Former Employee) –  Plymouth MIApril 22, 2016
This was a job that I did right after College. So im watching this documentary on drilling by oil companies and it is really messed to what they are doing. Like how do these people get away with this. Is this 20 words? good
Chicagoland Management is the worst of any Company
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2016
Sure there is phenomenal growth opportunities. Only because they don't care about their employees. The turnover is so extreme starting with Assistants because they don't care about the quality of your work just who's going to do it the cheapest. They ask their Assistants and General Managers to work 80+ hours a week and either A) Don't pay them Overtime or B) Lower their hourly wage below what a sales associate would make what to compensate for Overtime. This echo's what others have already stated and reviewed and I'm just happy to know that the Midwest region is quickly sinking into an oblivion it hopefully can never crawl out of. I'd give it no stars if I could.
Pros
Free Golf that you can't use because you work 80+ hours a week
Cons
Overwork, underpay, no guidance, terrible upper managment, etc....
Worst management
Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 8, 2016
You're expected to work 70+ hours a week with horrible compensation and only year round employees get benefits but they won't hire anyone year round. Management has NO clue what they are doing. If they are new to the golf course they push local employees out that know what they are doing to bring "corporate" people in that have been with the company. They are sketchy, back stabbing people. They will manipulate you to get what they want. Worked at the golf course they came in to manage for 4 years before Billy Casper took over. Worked one year with them and will never go back unless they leave.
Pros
Nothing.
Horrible for the Workers
GM (Former Employee) –  ILFebruary 29, 2016
I worked for this company for 10 years and never felt like anyone cared just was in it for themselves especially VSO, Regionals. I beat budget for 5 consecutive years and was let go because of overstaffing. THey feel once you make them money and run you into ground from overworking they will find someone else to do it and the process will repeat. The Regional and VSO have no idea what is going on at the actual facility but ideas they come up with are throw it on wall and see if it sticks. They talk about spending money to make money but they are company who once they get contract find ways to save and send the course into the ground. Regionals have head so far up it's either there way or highway. Stay away from them it will make you hate work and uneventful environment
Cons
overwork, underpay, vso support is unheard of, regional support non-exsistent
Terrible place to work
assistant superintendent (Former Employee) –  CtJanuary 19, 2016
Worked as an assistant superintendent and was treated terribly. The upper management is a joke, they're more concerned with things that don't even matter. This company sucks. Do not work here