Biloxi Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

I loved my job at BRMC
Unit Secertary (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 24, 2015
the days were busy all the time.my co workers were great to work with and my boss was great and fair to all employees. management gave good incentives.Learned new policies and procedures.
Hardest part of the job was nothing i enjoyed my job and looked forward of being there.
Pros
taking care of patients, helping my co workers.
Cons
having to quit.
Great coworkers
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSApril 28, 2015
Excellent coworkers, and Physicians

Emergency Department staff nurse

Pros: Free Holiday meals

Cons: Rare lunch breaks due to night shift

Work day includes, providing excellent care to patients, through teamwork and patient satisfaction.

I have new learning opportunities and experience different aspects of patent care daily.
It has bee difficult to retain new director's over the last 5 years. They have sought new opportunities with higher pay.
My coworkers are the best and brightest, hard working doing what ever it takes to get the job done.
The hardest part of my job is managing the patient load. Trying to support staff with 6-7 patients each.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the excellence they bring to our proffesion.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Helping people is my goal
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 23, 2015
I enjoy helping people get the help they need. The hardest part of the job is being overworked because there are not enough workers for the amount of work that needs to be done.
Pros
paid for breaks that can't be taken
Cons
no coverage for breaks
Busy enviroment, poor staffing, family oriented
Staff and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 12, 2015
I have a love/hate relationship with this hospital. The administration is poor in the fact of staffing too many patients per nurse. Not much room for advancement. Decent pay. BRMC pays more than other hospitals on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. However, you did work pretty hard. Yet, this hospital is a family. It can be cliché at times too. After hurricane Katrina I saw not a hospital. I saw a family. During this time I saw the best & worse out of everyone. When I went to work this was not the case. Some employees lost everything; those that did not, would open their homes to those that had nothing. After this event this feeling did not change. Different companies came and would go in ownership. But, the feeling of family was always there. Yes, there are bad days, and horrible days. Then there are awesome days more often. My Manager at the time was Kim Lee RN of the ICU. She was the by far the best Manager I have ever had. I only left to find another job more mentally challenging.
Pros
family atmosphere, pays more than other hospitals
Cons
poor staffing @ times.adminstration was inconsitant @ times.
Never a boring day at the hospital.
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 25, 2014
All of my shifts vary upon positions, but they are all 8 hour shifts. The pharmacy hours are from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M., so my work and personal time get to be well-balanced. As a former retail pharmacy tech with no prior experience in a hospital setting, I have an endless list of new things and processes I've learned here. Management is as expected at a hospital. All of my co-workers are great and display excellent examples of teamwork. Thankfully the hardest part is over for me, and that was learning a whole style of work.
political and stressful
Registration (Current Employee) –  biloxi, msSeptember 5, 2014
political and stressful. No accountability and everyone is not held to the same standard. lack of leadership throughout the facility.
Cons
nice
Very Productive work place with potential for growth
LPN II (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 3, 2014
I learn basic skills related to telemetry monitoring of patients with acute and chronic illnesses and get a chance to observe the progression of their treatment. The management has been very kind and willing to help and awards credit when due.
Pros
overtime always availabe
Cons
not enough staff at times
Caring Enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bilox, msMay 21, 2014
I enjoyed working for this facility. Everyone was family oriented.
Pros
kudos
Cons
food
Nurse Supervisor
Nursing Coordinator/ Quality & Case Management (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 13, 2014
Rotated 7am-3pm or 3pm-11 pm shift.

Only worked every third weekend.

Attended executive meetings.

I liked arguing and justifying why nurse salaries should be increased.
Pros
schedule
Fast-paced work environment
CPhT/ Narcotics Auditor (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 24, 2014
Fast-paced work environment with continuous work load. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients/seeing them return to full health from care provided. My co-workers are goal-oriented and knowledgeable of position/daily job requirements.
Pros
the bonds and fellowship of co-workers
Cons
slow promotions
family environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 11, 2013
I love this job. I would do my work and help around the hospital.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long nights
Fast paced unit but a pleasant environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSApril 22, 2013
We tend to have a high census and once a patient is discharged, another one is admitted. I feel like a new nurse could benefit greatly from working here. I learned so many things and dealt with multiple patient conditions/medical equipment. My coworkers made all the difference, everyone has a pleasant attitude and are willing to help when needed. The hardest part of working there was with such a fast rate of admit/discharge it is possible to have 9/10 patients throughout the course of the day and paper charting makes that very difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are team players and the management is always open and very easy to talk to.
I loved working here, nurse manager allowed freedom to explore educational ideas for patients.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSApril 7, 2013
I loved the people I worked with, they were awesome and very supportive. The hardest part of this job was the insecurity of the unit staying open.
Totally professional
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 25, 2013
I worked am labs,charted,restocked.I learned how long lasting the affects could be on natural disaster patients and staff.My coworkers were very caring and well trained in phlebotomy.Management made sure all labs were done on time and correct.Hardest part of my job?None.Most enjoyable?My patients.
Pros
beautiful view of the gulf
Caring family like work environment
Patient Care (Current Employee) –  BiloxiJanuary 11, 2013
The people I work with are very dedicated and knowledgeable about what they do. I am very proud to be a part of their team and the managment always try to do the right things to make sure the patients and staff are happy.
Pros
i get 9 holidays, 10 vacation days, and 12 sick days each year and i get to keep my unused vacation days into the next year.
Cons
i got sent home early a couple of times but they let me use vacaton time. i wasnt busy so it was ok
Biloxi Regional is a fast paced always changing working environment.
RN (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 7, 2013
I have enjoyed working at Biloxi Regional and I think it is a great place tow work.
Pros
great team work
Cons
small facility
Productive environment servicing multiple community providers
Geri Psych Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 3, 2013
The typlical day began with a review of geri psych pateint censuss and referral sources. Family and community contacts were reffered and expected treatment goals were addressesd. I was able to learn the format of treatemnt planning that would be adaptable to interagency providers in meeting the treatment needs of patient's. Management was primarily focused on the nursing staff. Co-workers worked in their indivual venues to support patient care. The hardest part of this job was attataining outpatient residential placements. The most enjoyable part of the job including direct patient contact related to support patient's mental health stability at an appropriate level of care
Pros
the respect of support staff that worked in the hospital.
Cons
minimal support for social worker
Productive work environment, good team work
Business Office Collector (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 16, 2012
I always know what is expected of me as an employee. I enjoy my job the challenges of completing tasks in a timley manner and learning new skills. i enjoy learning from my coworkers and helping them learn.
Pros
great flexibility
Cons
position is being eliminated
It was ok
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSApril 9, 2012
I work here for almost 5 years. I saw the damamge after the hurricane. We went through ups and downs.
Pros
insurance
Cons
security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biloxi Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3