Biloxi Regional Medical Center

Biloxi Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Busy enviroment, poor staffing, family oriented
Staff and Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere, pays more than other hospitals
Cons: poor staffing @ times.adminstration was inconsitant @ times.
I have a love/hate relationship with this hospital. The administration is poor in the fact of staffing too many patients per nurse. Not much room for advancement. Decent pay. BRMC pays more than other hospitals on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. However, you did work pretty hard. Yet, this hospital is a family. It can be cliché at times too. After hurricane Katrina I saw not a hospital. I saw a family. During this time I saw the best & worse out of everyone. When I went to work this was not the case. Some employees lost everything; those that did not, would open their homes to those that had nothing. After this event this feeling did not change. Different companies came and would go in ownership. But, the feeling of family was always there. Yes, there are bad days, and horrible days. Then there are awesome days more often. My Manager at the time was Kim Lee RN of the ICU. She was the by far the best Manager I have ever had. I only left to find another job more mentally challenging.
Never a boring day at the hospital.
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSSeptember 25, 2014
All of my shifts vary upon positions, but they are all 8 hour shifts. The pharmacy hours are from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M., so my work and personal time get to be well-balanced. As a former retail pharmacy tech with no prior experience in a hospital setting, I have an endless list of new things and processes I've learned here. Management is as expected at a hospital. All of my co-workers are great and display excellent examples of teamwork. Thankfully the hardest part is over for me, and that was learning a whole style of work.
political and stressful
Registration (Current Employee), biloxi, msSeptember 5, 2014
Cons: nice
political and stressful. No accountability and everyone is not held to the same standard. lack of leadership throughout the facility.
Very Productive work place with potential for growth
LPN II (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSJuly 3, 2014
Pros: overtime always availabe
Cons: not enough staff at times
I learn basic skills related to telemetry monitoring of patients with acute and chronic illnesses and get a chance to observe the progression of their treatment. The management has been very kind and willing to help and awards credit when due.
Caring Enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Bilox, msMay 21, 2014
Pros: kudos
Cons: food
I enjoyed working for this facility. Everyone was family oriented.
Nurse Supervisor
Nursing Coordinator/ Quality & Case Management (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 13, 2014
Pros: schedule
Rotated 7am-3pm or 3pm-11 pm shift.

Only worked every third weekend.

Attended executive meetings.

I liked arguing and justifying why nurse salaries should be increased.
Fast-paced work environment
CPhT/ Narcotics Auditor (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: the bonds and fellowship of co-workers
Cons: slow promotions
Fast-paced work environment with continuous work load. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients/seeing them return to full health from care provided. My co-workers are goal-oriented and knowledgeable of position/daily job requirements.
family environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSOctober 11, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long nights
I love this job. I would do my work and help around the hospital.
Fast paced unit but a pleasant environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSApril 22, 2013
We tend to have a high census and once a patient is discharged, another one is admitted. I feel like a new nurse could benefit greatly from working here. I learned so many things and dealt with multiple patient conditions/medical equipment. My coworkers made all the difference, everyone has a pleasant attitude and are willing to help when needed. The hardest part of working there was with such a fast rate of admit/discharge it is possible to have 9/10 patients throughout the course of the day and paper charting makes that very difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are team players and the management is always open and very easy to talk to.
I loved working here, nurse manager allowed freedom to explore educational ideas for patients.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSApril 7, 2013
I loved the people I worked with, they were awesome and very supportive. The hardest part of this job was the insecurity of the unit staying open.
Totally professional
Lab assistant (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: beautiful view of the gulf
I worked am labs,charted,restocked.I learned how long lasting the affects could be on natural disaster patients and staff.My coworkers were very caring and well trained in phlebotomy.Management made sure all labs were done on time and correct.Hardest part of my job?None.Most enjoyable?My patients.
Caring family like work environment
Patient Care (Current Employee), BiloxiJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: i get 9 holidays, 10 vacation days, and 12 sick days each year and i get to keep my unused vacation days into the next year.
Cons: i got sent home early a couple of times but they let me use vacaton time. i wasnt busy so it was ok
The people I work with are very dedicated and knowledgeable about what they do. I am very proud to be a part of their team and the managment always try to do the right things to make sure the patients and staff are happy.
Biloxi Regional is a fast paced always changing working environment.
RN (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: great team work
Cons: small facility
I have enjoyed working at Biloxi Regional and I think it is a great place tow work.
Productive environment servicing multiple community providers
Geri Psych Social Worker (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: the respect of support staff that worked in the hospital.
Cons: minimal support for social worker
The typlical day began with a review of geri psych pateint censuss and referral sources. Family and community contacts were reffered and expected treatment goals were addressesd. I was able to learn the format of treatemnt planning that would be adaptable to interagency providers in meeting the treatment needs of patient's. Management was primarily focused on the nursing staff. Co-workers worked in their indivual venues to support patient care. The hardest part of this job was attataining outpatient residential placements. The most enjoyable part of the job including direct patient contact related to support patient's mental health stability at an appropriate level of care
Productive work environment, good team work
Business Office Collector (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great flexibility
Cons: position is being eliminated
I always know what is expected of me as an employee. I enjoy my job the challenges of completing tasks in a timley manner and learning new skills. i enjoy learning from my coworkers and helping them learn.
Productive work environment, good team work
Business Office Collector (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great flexibility
Cons: position is being eliminated
It was ok
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSApril 9, 2012
Pros: insurance
Cons: security
I work here for almost 5 years. I saw the damamge after the hurricane. We went through ups and downs.