Biltmore Employee Reviews in United States

Safe job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 3, 2016
A good job to get hired and work for a check. Not challenging or new. Old menu and co workers with very old mentalities. Management cared only about bottom line, not quality of food product. The learning curve was very limited.
People really enjoy working there.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 6, 2016
Biltmore is an amazing Estate and all the people that work there are very helpful and kind. It is a kind of environment you would want to work for the rest of your life.
Fun place to work
Standing Host and Tour Guide at Biltmore House (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 30, 2016
The Biltmore Estate is a rewarding and fun place to work. Staff and Management are topnotch and caring. I especially liked the face-to-face exposure to guests of the House.
Enjoy working at Biltmore
retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work involved money handling, greeting and checking out quests, restocking shelves with merchandise, and wine and food preparation. Management and co-workers were readily available for assistance. I learned and am still learning the finer parts of the job, such as shipping of merchandise.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise plus area attractions.
Excellent company great culture
Private Chef / Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 4, 2015
My time at Biltmore was exceptional in every way and I would gladly work for them again. They have an outstanding corporate culture that really cares about the customer as well as the employee. Honestly I cant say enough about how good this company is. From the hiring process to training to advancement to my departure they were an excellent company to work for. If they have one flaw it's that it's hard to move into management because nobody wants to leave the company.
Pros
Cons
Hard to move into salaried positions
Low paying part-time jobs
Reservation Sales Host - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 1, 2015
If you don't mind working weekends and holidays without extra pay, this is the job for you. There are very few full-time positions and only full-time employees get paid time off. The department I worked in didn't even allow us to have 2 consecutive days off. It may be a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to work there.
Pros
Free tickets for friends and a nice employee discount on food & merchandise
Cons
No time off, mandatory holidays without premium pay
Unable to reach standards
Bakery (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 23, 2015
Poor work environment. Unprofessional employees. Lack of room for job advanance if you aren't friends with upper manangnent.
Great place to work, many opportunities, many great people
Catering Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 27, 2015
I grew as a Baker while on the Biltmore Estate. I learned to balance my time and my productivity equally and with ease. It gave me a place to be creative and hone my skills with more intensity.
lead Arborist Climber on Biltmore Estate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 22, 2013
I enjoyed working with a great crew and caring for trees on the estate.
Pros
stable work with beneffits
Cons
advancement limited