Biltmore Employee Reviews

Flex jobs, no raises, no advancement
Gardener II (Former Employee) –  AshevilleJanuary 10, 2017
They will work you up until the hour of being full time then lay you off so they don't have to give you any benefits. They don't give raises and you have no room for advancement. The definition of a dead end job. They pay no where near the median income for this area and say they make up for it in "hidden benefits." Well those benefits are very well hidden indeed. Beware.
Cons
Flex status. No raise. No benefits.
terrible
Server (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 3, 2016
The management lies to you, unappreciative of you, pr\\does not give you the schedule you put on your application, take your breaks outside in the heat & snow, walk over a mile from employee parking lot to work while visitors ride shuttles. Lay you off, all coworkers agreed with me how horrible it is working there. But its a very beautiful, calm, relaxed, getaway, friendly environment for guests.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Managment, layoff.
Safe job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 3, 2016
A good job to get hired and work for a check. Not challenging or new. Old menu and co workers with very old mentalities. Management cared only about bottom line, not quality of food product. The learning curve was very limited.
Great Benefits
Attendanct II (Current Employee) –  F&B OutletsApril 26, 2016
Amazing place to work. Health Benefits are amazing. Great vacation and SEL as well as health care on the estate. Love it there
phony standards
Guest Services- Valet (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 9, 2016
Gracious hospitality is a core that they advocate. That is a front. There is a number of racist, like openly racist employees and managers. Mangers are motivated to manage via petty standards and they will let anything go so long as it doesn't affect their ratings. Typical corporate lack of true integrity despite efforts. And they grow round up ready gmo corn.
People really enjoy working there.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 6, 2016
Biltmore is an amazing Estate and all the people that work there are very helpful and kind. It is a kind of environment you would want to work for the rest of your life.
Fun place to work
Standing Host and Tour Guide at Biltmore House (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 30, 2016
The Biltmore Estate is a rewarding and fun place to work. Staff and Management are topnotch and caring. I especially liked the face-to-face exposure to guests of the House.
Enjoy working at Biltmore
retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work involved money handling, greeting and checking out quests, restocking shelves with merchandise, and wine and food preparation. Management and co-workers were readily available for assistance. I learned and am still learning the finer parts of the job, such as shipping of merchandise.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise plus area attractions.
Excellent company great culture
Private Chef / Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 4, 2015
My time at Biltmore was exceptional in every way and I would gladly work for them again. They have an outstanding corporate culture that really cares about the customer as well as the employee. Honestly I cant say enough about how good this company is. From the hiring process to training to advancement to my departure they were an excellent company to work for. If they have one flaw it's that it's hard to move into management because nobody wants to leave the company.
Pros
Cons
Hard to move into salaried positions
Low paying part-time jobs
Reservation Sales Host - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 1, 2015
If you don't mind working weekends and holidays without extra pay, this is the job for you. There are very few full-time positions and only full-time employees get paid time off. The department I worked in didn't even allow us to have 2 consecutive days off. It may be a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to work there.
Pros
Free tickets for friends and a nice employee discount on food & merchandise
Cons
No time off, mandatory holidays without premium pay

Want to know more about Biltmore?

Ask a question
Unable to reach standards
Bakery (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 23, 2015
Poor work environment. Unprofessional employees. Lack of room for job advanance if you aren't friends with upper manangnent.
Great place to work, many opportunities, many great people
Catering Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 27, 2015
I grew as a Baker while on the Biltmore Estate. I learned to balance my time and my productivity equally and with ease. It gave me a place to be creative and hone my skills with more intensity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biltmore. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9