Bimbo Bakeries USA

Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Wonderful opportunities!
Distribution Systems Manager (Current Employee), Horsham, PAMay 22, 2015
The company is continuing to grow, with many professional growth opportunities. The company values its employee's and their safety.
Fun and fast paced
Shipping/ Production Technician (Current Employee), Breingsville, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: room for advancment
Cons: Short breaks
Long work days during the summer months. Management works with you very hands on with employees. Typical day consist of making of rolls and bread and operating a machine that puts those items in a bags.
Very demanding job
General Utility Worker 3rd (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great starting pay and benefits
Cons: Hours are long and constantly changing. Company needs to do random drug testing.
A typical day can go from fast to hectic. Can learn the job within 2 weeks no prob. Management only really cares about production quota and not much else. Co-workers, some you like some you don't. Hardest part is the schedule and days off. the Schedule changes too much no time for one's self. Only enjoyable time is breaks and lunch.
starting to be very hard to go to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 14, 2015
Benefits good salary good, but new management is trying to change shifts schedules in maintenance to working every weekend.
Just wasn't a good fit for me.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAMay 11, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: excessive walking, young management, less than desireable union benefits
Typical day at work- walk 20+ miles within the shipping bay loading bread onto trucks.

Management-Young

Co-workers-most were cool but every place has those few guys that rock the boat in their own way.

Hardest part of job- none

Most enjoyable part of job- punching out every day
Production Technician
Production Technician (Current Employee), Elkhart, INApril 29, 2015
Good work environment wand good benefits. C-workers are great. Over-time can be intense at times. The hardest part of the job is problem-solving urgently under stressful conditions and the mandatory over-time. Other than that it is a pretty simple job. I have learned at lot about the machines and equipment as in making repairs and pulling them apart.
Chaos in the parts room
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Decatur, GAApril 29, 2015
I had to identify and take inventory of all machine parts. Their organization was horrible. Me and my team set them straight. Hopefully, they'll use some of the practices that we suggested.
Great Place to work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2015
If you are interested in having a career in the bread industry, BBU will be the most exacting place to be.

Management strives in treating associates with fairness, respect, trust and care.
Great place to work..
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Horsham, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good working environment, great product line up
Cons: Very early morning hours
Bimbo is a great place to work! Advancement and job security have changed direction recently and it has me concerned about my future. I'm seeking an opportunity in the food industry.
Productive Environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PAApril 13, 2015
BIMBO is a good place to work. Quiet atmosphere with all the necessary tools at your disposal. Co-Workers are nice, friendly and willing to assist in any way possible.
Good pay, but very demanding
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Burlington, IAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay, flexible hours
Cons: holidays, management
I've found that I had enjoyed my merchandiser job, until a new manager was hired and it seems that I am overlooked and treated poorly. It seems the men that are employed with the company get top priority, while I as a woman, do not. I am also a scapegoat for those who don't do their job properly, so it's easier to blame the merchandiser.
No balance/bad management
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDApril 4, 2015
Pros: Only the pay and benefits
Cons: Long hours, management by intimidation, sleep deprivation causes injuries, Job has ruined lives and marriages
As an RSR you start somewhere between 2 and 4 am. Load the truck and on a good day you may get done by noon. Your days off are Weds and Sunday but you will often be forced to work and do merchandising runs on those days. Management cuts routes and combines them to make the days longer and avoid paying as many drivers. I have heard that other depots are not this bad but the Salisbury Md. location certainly is.
very productive
Independent Sales Contractor (Former Employee), Chester, VAMarch 24, 2015
Very interesting and Physical.Early morning hours and some late days.Have to have good patience and a good attitude.Overall good company to work for.
Excellent team. Great culture
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Culture, Team.
Cons: Pay could be higher for the area.
The team is exceptional. Great atmosphere. Company genuinely cares about employees. A good work/life balance taken into consideration. Company willing to invest in training and technology.
Merchandizer
Pull up person (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 19, 2015
Pull up bread from the back stock to the shelves. Organize the cake racks, donuts and other Bimbo/Orowheat/Marinela products.
working wit good people in a fast paced enviroment.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: lots of oppertunity for training.
Cons: not a lot a room for advancement
A typical day at work is fast paced.
I have learned numerous skills related to the food industry.
I have worked with the present management since I was hired and are strong managers.
I work with a lot of good people who care about doing a good job.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of quality of life with the family.
The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a new product and watching it grow.
A place where I would invite anyone to come and work! Very caring Place
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Reading, PAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free bread
Cons: bad weather
Start at 6am, pre trip tractor, go to the bakery and get paper work. go get your trailer and pre trip unit. Pray, go to Williamsport, Pa. Drop hook, post and pre trip unit, back to Reading. Drop hook, get paper work, do your pre trip, go to Easton, Pa.Come back to Reading.

I learned that it takes a team effort to get things done right. Management would work with us and if there was any problem, they would be there to help.

Coworkers that I work with, was the best we, all got along. Thats because we all realized, we are all in the same boat!

The hardest part of the job, was when it snowed or freezing rain.

The best was at the end of the day and you knew you did your best and the job was completed! Also the money!
Customer Service
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Monroeville, AlabamaFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day of work includes the following: meeting customer service expectations and maintaining a professional, team-based environment.
Love motivating associates
Project Manager-Process Engineering (Former Employee), Norristown, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: earning respect and see workers happy to be there
Cons: letting someone go & taken disciplinary action when needed
Project manager is not want i want to pursue
Distribution Manager is what I want to get back into

Enjoyed being on the DC floor where the action is.
Bonding one on one with my associates instituting safety policies and implementing them so workers would go home injury free. Also the every day challenge of unloading trailers processing orders and loading out bound trailers with efficiency.

Another challenge was keeping my associates engaged to feel they were an important part of everyday accomplishments
What i learned is if you want respect you must give it. And listen to understand what people are saying. Get back to your employees when being asked something.
Great Environment to work in.
Order packer (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great location
Great place to work. My co workers are honest and hard working individuals that are easy to get along with. Unfortunately the Norrisrown plant has stop production.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bimbo Bakeries USA

No snickering about the name -- Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is serious about making breads, cakes, and cookies. Its name is a shortened – Read more

Bimbo Bakeries USA Salaries

$80,000 per year
Helpers
$16.43 per hour

Bimbo Bakeries USA Photos

;) luv this new bread co.
;)
Thanks bimbo
Move over bimbo , you have competion