Bimbo Bakeries USA

Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Analyst (Current Employee), Bay Shore, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: None.
Worked for Bimbo Bakeries for over 25 years in various departments. Great place to work, great bosses and great co-workers.
Bimbo Bakeries was a disaster
Independent Oracle Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2015
I acquired a position with Bimbo Bakeries through a Kelly Services, a temporary placement agency. The company was in the process of transitioning their database management system to Oracle and they did not have the proper staff in place for the implementation. It was difficult to get anything done since the system was often down during normal business hours.
Flexible Working Environment
Internship, Department of R&D for bread & Roll (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTJune 24, 2015
As an internship, your daily is bake the bakery products with recipes and edit the recipes to develop the desired product.
Productive working environment
Production Technologist (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAJune 24, 2015
Fast paced working environment. Steady employment. Fully automated bakery that offered high output roll and bread lines.
Harsh company when you get sick
Depot Manager (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTJune 3, 2015
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: awful bedside manor
While I was working for Bimbo I discovered I has some medical problems. After months of tests and trying to return back to my normal work schedule my doctors decided that in my best interest I could not work third shift, instead of giving me a job that was during the day Bimbo fired me. They said they couldn't find a job for me yet there were plenty around. The company just didn't want to deal with my medical problems.
Great company and excellent management.
Assistant Plant Engineer (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJune 3, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Manageing a bread producing plants maintenance is a continueous task. Still Best management I have seen. They did take care of there employee's
customers
Lead Service Clerk (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2015
Working with the customers are great. I like dealing with the public and sorting/selling bread. Overall is a nice place to work.
Stay away from maintenance
production worker (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 28, 2015
Stay away from maintenance management is changing schedules around and all new employees will be working every weekend nights . Management sucks look at what happened to stroehmann in harrisburg why you think the doors are shut there same management. Anymore there isn't anything good to say other than pay is good. Union does nothing for you. That's the reason why the maintenance guys there are bailing now.
Vacation Relief (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: Baked goods
Bimbos bakeries is a family that makes you feel like you have a home the people are full of life and hard working to keep the company name in lights of love in the bake goods.
Wonderful opportunities!
Distribution Systems Manager (Current Employee), Horsham, PAMay 22, 2015
The company is continuing to grow, with many professional growth opportunities. The company values its employee's and their safety.
Fun and fast paced
Shipping/ Production Technician (Current Employee), Breingsville, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: room for advancment
Cons: Short breaks
Long work days during the summer months. Management works with you very hands on with employees. Typical day consist of making of rolls and bread and operating a machine that puts those items in a bags.
Very demanding job
General Utility Worker 3rd (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great starting pay and benefits
Cons: Hours are long and constantly changing. Company needs to do random drug testing.
A typical day can go from fast to hectic. Can learn the job within 2 weeks no prob. Management only really cares about production quota and not much else. Co-workers, some you like some you don't. Hardest part is the schedule and days off. the Schedule changes too much no time for one's self. Only enjoyable time is breaks and lunch.
starting to be very hard to go to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 14, 2015
Benefits good salary good, but new management is trying to change shifts schedules in maintenance to working every weekend.
Just wasn't a good fit for me.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAMay 11, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: excessive walking, young management, less than desireable union benefits
Typical day at work- walk 20+ miles within the shipping bay loading bread onto trucks.

Management-Young

Co-workers-most were cool but every place has those few guys that rock the boat in their own way.

Hardest part of job- none

Most enjoyable part of job- punching out every day
Production Technician
Production Technician (Current Employee), Elkhart, INApril 29, 2015
Good work environment wand good benefits. C-workers are great. Over-time can be intense at times. The hardest part of the job is problem-solving urgently under stressful conditions and the mandatory over-time. Other than that it is a pretty simple job. I have learned at lot about the machines and equipment as in making repairs and pulling them apart.
Chaos in the parts room
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Decatur, GAApril 29, 2015
I had to identify and take inventory of all machine parts. Their organization was horrible. Me and my team set them straight. Hopefully, they'll use some of the practices that we suggested.
Great Place to work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2015
If you are interested in having a career in the bread industry, BBU will be the most exacting place to be.

Management strives in treating associates with fairness, respect, trust and care.
Great place to work..
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Horsham, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good working environment, great product line up
Cons: Very early morning hours
Bimbo is a great place to work! Advancement and job security have changed direction recently and it has me concerned about my future. I'm seeking an opportunity in the food industry.
Productive Environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PAApril 13, 2015
BIMBO is a good place to work. Quiet atmosphere with all the necessary tools at your disposal. Co-Workers are nice, friendly and willing to assist in any way possible.
Good pay, but very demanding
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Burlington, IAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay, flexible hours
Cons: holidays, management
I've found that I had enjoyed my merchandiser job, until a new manager was hired and it seems that I am overlooked and treated poorly. It seems the men that are employed with the company get top priority, while I as a woman, do not. I am also a scapegoat for those who don't do their job properly, so it's easier to blame the merchandiser.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bimbo Bakeries USA

No snickering about the name -- Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is serious about making breads, cakes, and cookies. Its name is a shortened – Read more

Bimbo Bakeries USA Salaries

$43,000 per year
Helpers
$16.43 per hour

Bimbo Bakeries USA Photos

;) luv this new bread co.
;)
Thanks bimbo
Move over bimbo , you have competion