Bimbo Bakeries USA

Bimbo Bakeries USA Employer Reviews

Horriable Place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), HorshamSeptember 11, 2014
The hours were not great, you pretty much had to work through the night. Some days were definitely worse than others.
Management is too wishy washy. They don't communicate and they have very selective memory when you do tell them stuff. No advancement unless you are one of the chosen few. I worked with some good managers but when it comes to Higher – more... management I had bitter experience. Unnecessary work, arrogant people and 0 guidance.
They are bad when it comes to compensation. – less
Always busy
Wrap operator (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Your life will mostly be work with them with very little family time.
a union was voted in for a reason
Process Technician (Former Employee), Topeka, KSAugust 26, 2014
Management is very shady, a union was voted in to stop the problems. Many investigations by union being done at the topeka plant.
Very insecure supervisors
Production Technician (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: can make a lot of money working overtime. fairly good benefits. gives three breaks a shift.
Cons: supervisors, schedules and boring work.
OK pay with lots of overtime. Must work weekends. Management fires employees just before probation period ends if they don't want to deal with the union later. Many employees said they never felt so insecure as they do at Bimbo Bakeries. Never know until 3 days before the end of week what shift you will be on the following week. Hard to plan personal – more... life. – less
This job is a joke!
Technician (Former Employee), Topeka, KSAugust 23, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything
Faulty, Favoritism and Not Flexible-these are just a very few of the behaviors and work practices I have seen from this place. This is probably the worst job I have experienced. They are liars, falsify paperwork and discriminate. I would not recommend anyone work there.....PERIOD!
Bimbo Bakeries USA
Receptionist (Former Employee), Vernon, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch with the department, flexible hours, outstanding culture
Cons: not enough bathrooms in our department, parking lot was too far from the entrance
A typical day at work consisted of, answering phone scheduling appointments, maintain and updating appointments, greeting customers that came in to the establishment took order for merchandise and materials for further progress.
Automation / Control Engineer (Current Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2014
Good place to work very good benefits and pay..............................................................................................
Great team communication
Oven Technician (Former Employee), Elkhart, INAugust 10, 2014
Pros: i was able to take a free loaf of bread, or a box of muffins home everynight
Cons: very little time to spend with family
Working in the oven area was very hot as one would expect. Also it was a very large area to run especially with just 1 person. This while tasking turned out to be one of the best perks to working in the oven. I was able to stay very busy for the entire shift. I used a radio to communicate with my team. I had great communication with my team at all times. – more... They were great people to work with. – less
Product workplace
Line Manager/Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 6, 2014
Good opportunity in a forward-driven, fast-paced production facility.
good place to work
Supervisor Dave Horn (Current Employee), Huntington, WVAugust 2, 2014
Good place to work the people I work with are great, I started working on June 17, 2014. Management will help you with your needs to do your job.
The hardest part of the job is the heat it is a bakery though and goes along with the making of the products.
Am a part time temporary worker at Bimbo
BBU
Distribution Manager (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: there really aren't any
Cons: incredibly long hours, you have no life aside form work
BBU makes money because they are simply too big not to. In other words they make it by accident; not because they are good at what they do.

A typical day for a manger is a minimum of 12 hours, then you get to go home and have your cell phone ring all hours of the night.

If you are in sales or production you have a chance to possibly move up, if you – more... are in distribution the best thing to do try to transfer to a different region or leave the company.

I am still with the company only because I cannot leave the area now due to the health of elder family members. I hate it, and it's a hole that sucks the life out of you. – less

September 28, 2014

As a fellow distribution manager in Pennsylvania I can agree with every word. An average week is about 80 hours, even though they claim to value the employee. Looking for another job, cannot wait to get the hell away from BBU.

What a complete nightmare, indentured servitude.
Baker's Helper (Former Employee), Williamsport, PA.July 24, 2014
Pros: slave labor for the billionaire company.
Cons: fellow employee treatment, low pay for work delivered, no training that helps you learn, union dues immediately taken out yet no union representation, company threats, no healthcare for 3 months from hire, mandatory steel toe shoes must be purchased out of own pocket, erratic hours, heat, heat and more heat in facility!
I was hired as a Baker's Helper in the Williamsport Bakery. After quitting my stable job for the lure of $17 an hour (lie), really was ($13.70 for non-stop work), we were told that 3 out of 10 people would not make it past the 60 day Union/Company ponzi scheme known as probation. This was a Union facility and $286 would be deducted from your pay before – more... the 60 day "probationary" period, yet you had no rights that go along with Union membership and 3 out every 10 people hired are given the boot for no reason & you cannot recoup your $286 Union fees. We were told to not talk back to people that would treat us horribly for merely being the new hires or we'd be fired instantly. I was fired after thirty days of work for no reason, I showed up on time, ran 2 lines by myself because my "Union trainers" would constantly smoke and disappear for hours on end, and never called off sick (if you call of sick even with a doctors note or request a day off in the first 60 days your immediately fired). The place is Union yet it gets to be well over 120F in the facility! I am not making this up. I was let go because of the childish mentality that I would not hang out with grown men on my breaks. I needed to cool down in the locker room in order to keep from passing out and didn't want to hang out with the adulterers that smoked outside, so I was shunned as a non-team player even though I carried the weight of 2 to 3 employees and was merely the "new guy." The company is in with the Union and the Union with the company. What a weird place to work. You're either baking to death by the oven racking pans non stop for hours on end, breathing in flour dust with no masks making up product, standing for 8 hours on a monitoring line while people bicker and argue while no chairs are present or you run ten plus miles in 110F heat with humidity in the shipping area while everyone stabs one another in the back. They flash freeze tons of bread in negative temperatures yet no air conditioning in the facility..makes no sense. The bread and employee cleanliness is a horror. Stay away, I'd rather live in the woods in a tent and be poor as opposed to working here. Thanks for firing me, you saved me the hassle of quitting! – less
Good Company to work for
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Olympia WAJuly 23, 2014
Hours are long and split days off make the job tough. It takes a special person to be able to tolerate this.
Its like any other job it has its ups and downs
Maintenance Engineer/Lead man (Current Employee), Gastonia N.C.July 20, 2014
Cons: no 401
the people are okay . The work is okay. Some members in management lack in people skills. And only advance friends in job positions not by skills
Great customer base and great company
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Ventura, CAJuly 11, 2014
I worked for the company for over 11 years. A typical day at work was stocking shelfs, assisting customers, daily ordering and bookkeeping
great work place
Cashier, Stocking (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
great management, perfect work hours, nice customers, loved working there. great place.
GREAT
USA - ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), PITTSTON PAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
GOOD PAY TO LONG OF HOURS, NO WEEKENDS OFF
GREAT CO WORKERS,, HARDEST PART HOURS, ENJOYABLE, MEETING NEW PEOPLE
Okay to work at and family friendly hours
Route Salesman (Current Employee), Summerville, SCJune 22, 2014
One of the best jobs i've had.
Easy as long as you know what hard work is.
The office is always expanding which leads to new opportunities.
Marketing Services Associate (Current Employee), Horsham, PAJune 12, 2014
BBU is a very serious company to work for, but they care about their employees.
Long hours and no support
Independent Operator (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 4, 2014
typical day starts at 2am and ends at 3pm. 7 days a week no benefits or vacation. Not a lot of support from management

1 2 3 4 5

About Bimbo Bakeries USA

No snickering about the nameĀ -- Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is serious about making breads, cakes, and cookies. Its name is a shortened – Read more

Bimbo Bakeries USA Photos