Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Shipping (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 21, 2017
Hard worker and being on time for work and get the job done on time and accurate and I communicate with the manager about anything I don't know or questions about the job
great place for single non family people to work
Production Associate/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 20, 2017
most days are typical work load with few changes to scheduling. the overall appeal of the job is the benefits package and union are hard to beat anywhere. management is average as expected however they do place a better standard of relation with employee better than most places of employment.
Pros
health care is low cost and retirement package is hard to beat
Cons
breaks are less than stellar and hours or scheduling is the toughest part
Great paying job
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Could be a great place if management could pull it together, overall the job isn't bad but it's hard to do your job when you aren't provided with the necessary things that you need to do so.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours, schedule, management
Great pay and benefits
RSR Driver (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Psychically demanding. Split days off. Not a lot of time off. Pay is very good for the level of education and the benefits are second to none!
Over Saturated Management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 17, 2017
The pay and job stability is strong, however one depot with maybe 2 depot loaders could have up to 7 territory managers. The culture is overwhelmingly slim.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible Management training
Fun workplace environment
Bread Vendor/Sales and Marketing/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 17, 2017
During my time with Bimbo bakeries as a Delivery Associate, I have seen, heard and done many things that I believe make me a better worker and independent worker as well.
Not a bad place to work.
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJanuary 14, 2017
Before the acquisition by Bimbo Bakeries it used to be a wonderful place to work. Its still an ok place. Pay is decent. But the human element is gone.
Pros
vacation days, decent pay and great coworkers
Cons
no sick days, very little personal days, relationship between management and employee needs work
Had work
Stalker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 13, 2017
The days can be hard when its hot outside and also when its cold. The work is hard and gets you tired within the longs hours.
Was not too ethical
Baker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 11, 2017
There was absolutely no communication. Certainly a job more focused on sales than employees. There often times were not enough line leaders or managers to even run a shift correctly.
Good Pay and Benefits
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 3, 2017
The company tells you what you will be trained on and what hours you will work. Mandatory overtime is good for cash flow but bad for everything else. They pick and choose who they will allow to move between shifts unless you get a bid job on a particular shift. Supervisors and management could care less about you or anything that doesn't have to do with making muffins and will tell you that to your face.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Rude Employees, Managers make decisions but don't work with employees, Physically demanding, cannot miss a day even with doctors note in first 400 hours, old equipment that constantly breaks down making your job harder
Best job EVER!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 3, 2017
BImbo Bakeries USA is a great company to work for. I couldn't ask for a better supervisor and boss. As long as you do your job well no one bothers you. Perfect!
Pros
Ability to work alone and not be hounded
Cons
Very challenging place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 1, 2017
very challenging place to work. Difficult to balance work and family. You can make a lot of money. There is a lot of opportunity for over time. Pay is great.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long hours and work all holidays
Good Benefits
Production line worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 30, 2016
a nice enviroment to work in.
to be productive
to be a profitable company
nice

to show up everyday on time scheduled to work
no that you are serving families all over the state
Pros
good pay
Cons
good breaks
Demanding but rewarding company
District Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 29, 2016
We work an average of 10-12 hours a day. We sell, cover down routes if needed and provide leadership and guidance to our business partners the IOs. It is rewarding to be a manager for BBU to help the company grow and your business partners drive equity for their business. Winning on the market is important to me as well as walking the talk. My co-workers are very solid and we work well as a team. That is very important to drive success for BBU and your Region. The hardest part is juggling all the plates on a daily basis but it is manageable. The most enjoyable part of my job is selling and winning on the market with the great relationship of the IOs. That is where the rubber meets the road day in and day out. I am also very impressed with our ongoing training. We have the best products in the fresh bakery business.
Pros
Freedom to do your task
Cons
Too much broad brush on the market
Busy
Painter/Electrician's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Charles, VADecember 29, 2016
Waking up extremely early every day. Not exactly a job for me, just worked here for one summer. A typical day at work requires not less than 10-12 hours of work, the most enjoyable part would be the experiences of meeting new people.
fair
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 29, 2016
tem. were extremely hot, employees had past out, not enough staff over worked 12-16 hour shifts. Pay was very good but management was not good at all.
Easy going work place
Route Salesman (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 26, 2016
A good group to work with. The most enjoyable about the job is working and interacting with the public. The management is a very good group to work for.
Great company to work for
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 21, 2016
Bimbo's Bakery was a great company to work for, because the staff was very nice there were always things to do to keep us busy. Great benefits and pay which was a plus!
Not fun
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 20, 2016
Not fun not good un safe hours ceated at all mangers were very unsafe with workers asked to do un safe acts trucks were not in good working condition
Pros
NO FUN
Cons
NO FUN
A competive market -which I really enjoy!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 20, 2016
I think they are a good company, but they lack flexibility, which I really need. I want to work on furthering my education. There is room to advance in the company, but without being able to find the hours to finish school -it is tough. I am interested in working full time but would like fair health benefits and reasonable compensation.
Pros
I like what I do and the people I work with and for.
Cons
limited flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bimbo Bakeries USA. Our community is ready to answer.