Bimbo Bakeries USA

Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Bimbo Bakeries USA Review Summary
Driver/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: very early hours
A typical day includes going to the depot and picking up the truck. I go to the stores that need bread. I roll large trays of bread on wheels through the store to the shelves where I place them. I have 13 stores I must stock per day of work. I learned how to run routes, keep paperwork, drive a 24-foot step van and travel 140+ each day. Easy to work with supervisors and management and fellow employees. Hardest part of work is being there at 4 am. Enjoyable part is making new friends at every store.
We were a close knit group who took pride in a good job
CDL Class A Driver / Mechanic (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2015
Pros: safety lunches and a relaxed atmosphere
Cons: The bakery was bought out and eventually closed
.We kept a high standard in the production of bread delivery of product and maintenance of vehicles and equipment .Unfortunately we were closed down,
Super unorganized, make decent money at the cost of your life and family.
Production Tech (Current Employee), Elkhart, INJuly 11, 2015
Pros: decent pay, easy work, cheap insurance
Cons: inconsistent and unorganized, last minute schedule changes, too much overtime
The bakery I work at (Northern Indiana) is a MESS! The union we recently "voted in" is a joke. So, you have the union hassle but no protection. Also, they lowered our raise amount. Overall for the area, the pay is decent and THE WORK IS EASY! Management is extremely unorganized and inconsistent. Turn over is terrible. You can find out you have to stay 4 extra hours, 30 minutes before the end of your shift. Overtime is shoved down your throat whether you want it or not. Days off could be stripped out from underneath your feet at last minute's notice. A good place to work if you're single with no children and can commit your life to your job. Otherwise, this isn't the place for you.
productive
Bakeries Helper (Current Employee), hazleton paJuly 9, 2015
fun work place whit supportive management personally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Elmira, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great hours and pay
Cons: Store closed
I loved this job and would still be there if they hadn't closed due to down sizing. I ran the outlet and checked in driver products.
Hard work with good pay
loader (Former Employee), fresnoJuly 6, 2015
If you don't mind not really having a personal life what want
to make good money for a fair days work then this is the
place for you.
Worst company i have ever worked for
Shipping Checker (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 4, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
This company is the absolute worst I have ever worked for we have had constant safety hazards that have been brought up for over a year they don't care how long they work you I have worked over 19 hours on multiple occasions and told if I left I would be fired the management is the worst I have seen I have literally seen lemonade stands make better business decisions then this bakery I do not recommend this job to anyone you are unable to have any type of social life working all in short this company is like working for the devil himself all they care about is quantity not quality we have a serious roach problem that is never addressed as well as rats but who cares all they want is money most greedy company I have ever seen
Company that offers room for advancement for those that want it.
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Management works together as a team.
Cons: Have to take customer calls 24/7.
Great Company with Great Benefits. District Managers typically come in at 7:30 and work until 4:30-5:00pm. You are on call 24/7.
Analyst (Current Employee), Bay Shore, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: None.
Worked for Bimbo Bakeries for over 25 years in various departments. Great place to work, great bosses and great co-workers.
Bimbo Bakeries was a disaster
Independent Oracle Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2015
I acquired a position with Bimbo Bakeries through a Kelly Services, a temporary placement agency. The company was in the process of transitioning their database management system to Oracle and they did not have the proper staff in place for the implementation. It was difficult to get anything done since the system was often down during normal business hours.
Flexible Working Environment
Internship, Department of R&D for bread & Roll (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTJune 24, 2015
As an internship, your daily is bake the bakery products with recipes and edit the recipes to develop the desired product.
Productive working environment
Production Technologist (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAJune 24, 2015
Fast paced working environment. Steady employment. Fully automated bakery that offered high output roll and bread lines.
Harsh company when you get sick
Depot Manager (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTJune 3, 2015
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: awful bedside manor
While I was working for Bimbo I discovered I has some medical problems. After months of tests and trying to return back to my normal work schedule my doctors decided that in my best interest I could not work third shift, instead of giving me a job that was during the day Bimbo fired me. They said they couldn't find a job for me yet there were plenty around. The company just didn't want to deal with my medical problems.
Great company and excellent management.
Assistant Plant Engineer (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJune 3, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Manageing a bread producing plants maintenance is a continueous task. Still Best management I have seen. They did take care of there employee's
customers
Lead Service Clerk (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2015
Working with the customers are great. I like dealing with the public and sorting/selling bread. Overall is a nice place to work.
Stay away from maintenance
production worker (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 28, 2015
Stay away from maintenance management is changing schedules around and all new employees will be working every weekend nights . Management sucks look at what happened to stroehmann in harrisburg why you think the doors are shut there same management. Anymore there isn't anything good to say other than pay is good. Union does nothing for you. That's the reason why the maintenance guys there are bailing now.
Vacation Relief (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: Baked goods
Bimbos bakeries is a family that makes you feel like you have a home the people are full of life and hard working to keep the company name in lights of love in the bake goods.
Wonderful opportunities!
Distribution Systems Manager (Current Employee), Horsham, PAMay 22, 2015
The company is continuing to grow, with many professional growth opportunities. The company values its employee's and their safety.
Fun and fast paced
Shipping/ Production Technician (Current Employee), Breingsville, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: room for advancment
Cons: Short breaks
Long work days during the summer months. Management works with you very hands on with employees. Typical day consist of making of rolls and bread and operating a machine that puts those items in a bags.
Very demanding job
General Utility Worker 3rd (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great starting pay and benefits
Cons: Hours are long and constantly changing. Company needs to do random drug testing.
A typical day can go from fast to hectic. Can learn the job within 2 weeks no prob. Management only really cares about production quota and not much else. Co-workers, some you like some you don't. Hardest part is the schedule and days off. the Schedule changes too much no time for one's self. Only enjoyable time is breaks and lunch.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bimbo Bakeries USA

No snickering about the name -- Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is serious about making breads, cakes, and cookies. Its name is a shortened – Read more

Bimbo Bakeries USA Salaries

Machine Operator
$43,000 per year
$18.34 per hour

Bimbo Bakeries USA Photos

;) luv this new bread co.
;)
Thanks bimbo
Move over bimbo , you have competion