Bimbo Bakeries USA

Bimbo Bakeries USA United States Employee Reviews

Good pay, but very demanding
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Burlington, IAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay, flexible hours
Cons: holidays, management
I've found that I had enjoyed my merchandiser job, until a new manager was hired and it seems that I am overlooked and treated poorly. It seems the men that are employed with the company get top priority, while I as a woman, do not. I am also a scapegoat for those who don't do their job properly, so it's easier to blame the merchandiser.
No balance/bad management
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDApril 4, 2015
Pros: Only the pay and benefits
Cons: Long hours, management by intimidation, sleep deprivation causes injuries, Job has ruined lives and marriages
As an RSR you start somewhere between 2 and 4 am. Load the truck and on a good day you may get done by noon. Your days off are Weds and Sunday but you will often be forced to work and do merchandising runs on those days. Management cuts routes and combines them to make the days longer and avoid paying as many drivers. I have heard that other depots are not this bad but the Salisbury Md. location certainly is.
very productive
Independent Sales Contractor (Former Employee), Chester, VAMarch 24, 2015
Very interesting and Physical.Early morning hours and some late days.Have to have good patience and a good attitude.Overall good company to work for.
Excellent team. Great culture
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Culture, Team.
Cons: Pay could be higher for the area.
The team is exceptional. Great atmosphere. Company genuinely cares about employees. A good work/life balance taken into consideration. Company willing to invest in training and technology.
Merchandizer
Pull up person (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 19, 2015
Pull up bread from the back stock to the shelves. Organize the cake racks, donuts and other Bimbo/Orowheat/Marinela products.
working wit good people in a fast paced enviroment.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: lots of oppertunity for training.
Cons: not a lot a room for advancement
A typical day at work is fast paced.
I have learned numerous skills related to the food industry.
I have worked with the present management since I was hired and are strong managers.
I work with a lot of good people who care about doing a good job.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of quality of life with the family.
The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a new product and watching it grow.
A place where I would invite anyone to come and work! Very caring Place
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Reading, PAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free bread
Cons: bad weather
Start at 6am, pre trip tractor, go to the bakery and get paper work. go get your trailer and pre trip unit. Pray, go to Williamsport, Pa. Drop hook, post and pre trip unit, back to Reading. Drop hook, get paper work, do your pre trip, go to Easton, Pa.Come back to Reading.

I learned that it takes a team effort to get things done right. Management would work with us and if there was any problem, they would be there to help.

Coworkers that I work with, was the best we, all got along. Thats because we all realized, we are all in the same boat!

The hardest part of the job, was when it snowed or freezing rain.

The best was at the end of the day and you knew you did your best and the job was completed! Also the money!
Customer Service
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Monroeville, AlabamaFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day of work includes the following: meeting customer service expectations and maintaining a professional, team-based environment.
Love motivating associates
Project Manager-Process Engineering (Former Employee), Norristown, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: earning respect and see workers happy to be there
Cons: letting someone go & taken disciplinary action when needed
Project manager is not want i want to pursue
Distribution Manager is what I want to get back into

Enjoyed being on the DC floor where the action is.
Bonding one on one with my associates instituting safety policies and implementing them so workers would go home injury free. Also the every day challenge of unloading trailers processing orders and loading out bound trailers with efficiency.

Another challenge was keeping my associates engaged to feel they were an important part of everyday accomplishments
What i learned is if you want respect you must give it. And listen to understand what people are saying. Get back to your employees when being asked something.
Great Environment to work in.
Order packer (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great location
Great place to work. My co workers are honest and hard working individuals that are easy to get along with. Unfortunately the Norrisrown plant has stop production.
i really enjoy this type of work.
Route Service Representative (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAFebruary 9, 2015
good place to work, excellent pay and benefits. time flies by at this job. though I averaged 50 hours a week. helps to have have a clean record and product ordering experience.
Wouldn't recommend
Vacation Relief Sales Person (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 9, 2015
I would not recommend this place of employment to anyone with a family. There is absolutely no time to balance your home life with working 6 days a week and 12 hours a day.
Productive, safe, and fun work enviroment.
Utility Worker (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Typical day includes cleaning machinery to make sure its clean enough for product to much it. I've learned that safety is very important in ever work environment. The management team is very involved with all the associates through-out the plant. Co-workers are very friendly and always try to help each other. The hardest part about my job is probably working on 2nd shift. Most enjoyable part is working with the co-workers that I work with it makes work very fun.
not a good company
Independent Sales Operator (Former Employee), jacksonville flJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: they will take everything u have from you
one of the worst companies to work for. they dont care about there drivers, they are evil lying manipulative people. this company sucks one star isnt worth them!!!! dont waste your time with this company. nothing good to say about this company at all. they will lie and take everything you own from you and not a heart to care.
Productive, fun place to work. self-paced
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great pay, fun enviroment
Cons: only part-time
Stock bread and merchandise, help customers, built relationship with the regular customers, operated the store solo.. Management was very helpful, great encourager. I would say the hardest part of this job was waiting on the drivers to come bring bread, would have to stay until they arrived.
Checker/Loader (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good breaks every 2hours...
Cons: none.
I typical day at Bimbo Bakeries consisted of unloading 18 wheeler trucks. Bringing the 15 stacked high bread, bagels, and other products on to the floor, and arranging or storing them according to the brands. Also with the use of a scanner, designating the products to specific areas for outbound shipments, and ensuring each location received the correct amount of there purchase order.
okay
Production Operator (Former Employee), Elkhart, INJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: too much overtime and to many meetings even on off days, all mandatory.
Required lots of your time, very little time for family. Highly stressful job.
Lazy people
manager (Former Employee), Auburn nyJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: hot, may work 12-14 hours p day
Seasonal help works at night and does not have much support. Management shows up early an and you better be finished with the work. Pay is not good for the long hours which sometimes may be 12 to 14 hours per day.
excellent safety record
EHS Supervisor (Former Employee), Meridian, MSJanuary 20, 2015
excellent place to work, great place to advance, great safety record and a lean plant.
Good Company
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Norristown, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Bimbo is the largest baking company in the world. There are many career opportunities for those willing to relocate.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bimbo Bakeries USA

No snickering about the name -- Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is serious about making breads, cakes, and cookies. Its name is a shortened – Read more

Bimbo Bakeries USA Salaries