Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

This is the most horrible place to work for.
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PADecember 3, 2016
This place is just horrible. They work you to death. They are constantly calling you to come in for overtime. The management is horrible. The equipment doesn't work correctly. They appreciate nothing.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management. Poor work balance. Unappreciative managers. They tend to rule by fear.
Overall great place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 29, 2016
Bimbo Bakeries is a very family orientated workplace with very hard working associates who are dedicated to their brand. We strive to ensure that every loaf of bread or bun that is sent out the door is the beat quality we can give the consumer, we proud ourselves on feeding every family everyday, this company offers great benefits for its associates, great training, and great opportunities to grow with in the company. I really enjoy working for Bimbo Bakeries USA.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Sometimes we could use better communication going out to the associates.
Working At Bimbo Bakeries
Bakers Helper (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PANovember 16, 2016
A normal day at Bimbo Bakeries consisted of me running one of the five positions on the roll line. I first learned how to use the mixer then I learned the panomat, following the panomat I learned the oven bagging area and the shipping area. From the time I started working until the time I finished working there I had learned every possible job that way I would have more advancement opportunities. the most un enjoyable part of my job was cleaning the machines . The best part of my job was being able to turn some mixture of powder into a delicious piece of bread
Great
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 16, 2016
It was a great experience working there. I learned a lot. Employee perks are great. I would recommend if you're looking for a job.
Great place wish I would have stayed
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 14, 2016
Typical day was up early head to the customers to throw back stock and make sure the stores looked great and the management was happy with our company
Pros
fun place
Cons
split days off
New Management no good.
Route Sales and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYNovember 10, 2016
I would not recommend anyone work there. Not a good place to work. Management, supervisors don't know what there doing, trying to changethings that dosent work.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work.
A very enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, PANovember 7, 2016
At Bimbo bakeries I typically worked third shift. I always volunteer for overtime and I work my days off pretty regularly. I get along with every one of my coworkers and enjoy my job. My supervisor has great things to say about my work ethic and ability to do my job.
Not a good expereince
Assistant Manager, Store Operator (Current Employee) –  Richland, MS 39218November 5, 2016
I would have given better reviews and still be employed here if the company wasnt closing their doors with no explanation the day before Thanksgiving.
Quality Assurance Intern
QA Analyst - Intern (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYNovember 2, 2016
I worked at Bimbo Bakeries as an intern (More than a year)

Pros
Flexible with hours
Supportive working environment

Cons
Given work became mundane
Haven't shifted to newer technologies
Flag as Inappropriate Flag as Inappropriate
Outlet store (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2016
A typical day starts with changing the bread out making sure the freshest is on the shelf. I've learned that people are people we all have faults but if we put it all aside and work together it will all get done. The management tries to do the right thing. I like working with my coworkers we are a work family. We laugh we cry (literally) together, we sing together, customers like coming to our store. That's the best part of the job having repeat customers that have fun with us. Going the extra mile for the customer getting them the best deal makes a big difference to. The hardest part of the job is the double dollies that are stacked thirty trays high and trying to get them down some with boxes of pies on top. I'm not ten feet tall.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
A little over wellming sometime
Benefits
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYOctober 26, 2016
Pay is fare but you receive catastrophic health insurance with a $6000 deductable and no paid services untill deductable is met and then your responsible for 30 percent of the bill and let's not forget there is a employee weekly contribution. Dental is great.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor health care benefits
Stressful place to work
Field Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 20, 2016
Very stressful. The position was very rewarding. the companies expectations where unattainable. I was very passionate towards my position. i did struggle with work and family life.
Pros
Job duties
Cons
management expectations
Hard work. Good pay
Route Salesman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILOctober 18, 2016
The hours were sometimes long .The weather was sometimes a challenge. But I liked the independent nature of the job. I can honestly say that my immediate superiors thru my entire tenure were great to work with. My co-workers were a hardworking and diverse group and we all helped each other when we could.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. A job for the self-reliant.
Cons
Sometimes long hours. Weather.
Early bird gets the worm
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 15, 2016
Hardest part of this job is making it a lifestyle as start time is usually around 3 a.m and you have weds./sun. Off. Great benefits (teamsters union) , great pay, and morale.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Early start time and split days off
Different tasking make more fun..
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTOctober 11, 2016
There is always something new to learn, see all friends and coworkers doing their best,leaving the place is always hard way until next day to everybody. management friendly to work with it have fun,with the crazies ideas they give us, most enjoyable is when the job is doneand nothing is missing..
Pros
always a lot over time
Cons
short breaks
I like the atmosphere and flexibility of this job.
Bread Stocker (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COOctober 7, 2016
The time goes by fast as a Bread Stocker. You are responsible for restocking bread at Walmart, Sam’s Club, King Soopers and Albertsons.
Communicate effectively and timely with management. In order to ensure all stores bread needs are met.
Maintain shelving inventory by calling in new inventory requests at the end of each shift. While being a
dependable and responsible when driving to stores.
Pros
It is easy to do.
Not a place to work for individual seeking career advancement
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 5, 2016
Strong Brands, lacks Senior leadership.

Lack of training and development of employees

Constant layoffs, no job security
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14623October 1, 2016
Lots of activity due to the lower cost of bakery goods and discounts received. People are generally in good spirits and will strike up conversation
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management lacking compassion
Chances for advancement are always available, work/ family life has to be adjusted.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PASeptember 29, 2016
Good place for single person to work and make lots of of money.Worked for 15 years now started in 2001 and still working there. Advancement is possible in all areas.
Pros
Free bread lots of overtime.
Cons
Weekends off are seldom.
General Review
Sanitation Manager (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNSeptember 27, 2016
An awesome place to work, where person comes first.
I learned a lot working at Bimbo Bakeries, not just the subjects related to the policies and procedure to comply with SQF Level III audits, but also personal growth such as Leading with soul and Diversity and Inclusion workshops.
Pros
Growth