Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Great team oriented workplace. Best supervisor.
Deduction Special Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: learning that the accounting department was relocating.
Great company to work for. The advancement opportunities were there. The supervisors and management were always there for the employees. Great coworkers working together as a team.
Bimbo
Spervisor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Delicious smell of fresh baked goods
Cons: cost cutting in every way
Cost cutting, budget, financials... bottom line. Key words

Baking is great. The company's vision is to keep growing, be the largest bakery in the world, consolidate, use economies of scale, and increase profit margin. It is business. What can you say?
Productive and growing bakery
Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee), South Sioux City, NEAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Rapidly growing company at the fore front of the baking industry
Cons: Work schedule is not very family friendly
High speed bun production facility with competent leadership team.
Direct boss is good at developing employees to reach their potential.
Work hours are not family friendly in this type of industry.
Great Money No life
worker (Current Employee), Sunbury, PAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good money
Cons: NO LIFE
This is a great place to work and great people to work with, but if you plan on having a life outside of work don't apply. If you want to make a lot of money, but have no time to spend it then this is the job for you!!!!
have never worked for a company who cared less about their employees
production tech (Current Employee), breinigsville paAugust 5, 2015
no weekends off ever, no holidays off ever, they tell you have to pick between family life and work life, horrible uncaring uninvolved supervisors, upper management doesn't acknowledge you are alive, union is a JOKE (local 6), no room for advancement, THEY STOPPED GIVING RAISES!!!!!!!!, personal days have to be picked ONE YEAR in advance, no 401K, very small pension, they don't recognize children sickness, car trouble or winter weather state of emergencies for taking a day off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very good pay, unlimited OT, great benefits, pension, very easy job, work at your own pace no pressure, great breaks, 2 weeks vacation to start(pick one year in advance and a full week at a time), free bread rolls and whatever else comes in
Low pay, minimal advancement, outdated management
Manager (Current Employee), HorshamAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Company is growing; easy access to HQ site in Horsham from PA Turnpike
Cons: No work from home, no cafeteria, small cubes, indecisive mgmt, skimpy staffing to support growth
Bimbo Bakeries is the $7 billion US division of Grupo BImbo, a +$14 billion Mexican corporation and one of the largest baking industry companies in the world. The company is growing rapidly, but they manage as if it was still a little 1950s company. There are very few new hires in the company, annual raises are minimal,and IT is heavily outsourced, all of which makes it extremely difficult to support the rapid growth (largely due to acquisitions).

If you can get a job here with a decent hourly rate and are content to be a contractor, it's ok, but there is a tremendous lack of leadership and innovation. If you are at the end of your career, this is an ok place to work, but I would not come here if you have ambition and want a career path.
Bimbo Bakeries USA Review Summary
Driver/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: very early hours
A typical day includes going to the depot and picking up the truck. I go to the stores that need bread. I roll large trays of bread on wheels through the store to the shelves where I place them. I have 13 stores I must stock per day of work. I learned how to run routes, keep paperwork, drive a 24-foot step van and travel 140+ each day. Easy to work with supervisors and management and fellow employees. Hardest part of work is being there at 4 am. Enjoyable part is making new friends at every store.
We were a close knit group who took pride in a good job
CDL Class A Driver / Mechanic (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2015
Pros: safety lunches and a relaxed atmosphere
Cons: The bakery was bought out and eventually closed
.We kept a high standard in the production of bread delivery of product and maintenance of vehicles and equipment .Unfortunately we were closed down,
Super unorganized, make decent money at the cost of your life and family.
Production Tech (Current Employee), Elkhart, INJuly 11, 2015
Pros: decent pay, easy work, cheap insurance
Cons: inconsistent and unorganized, last minute schedule changes, too much overtime
The bakery I work at (Northern Indiana) is a MESS! The union we recently "voted in" is a joke. So, you have the union hassle but no protection. Also, they lowered our raise amount. Overall for the area, the pay is decent and THE WORK IS EASY! Management is extremely unorganized and inconsistent. Turn over is terrible. You can find out you have to stay 4 extra hours, 30 minutes before the end of your shift. Overtime is shoved down your throat whether you want it or not. Days off could be stripped out from underneath your feet at last minute's notice. A good place to work if you're single with no children and can commit your life to your job. Otherwise, this isn't the place for you.
productive
Bakeries Helper (Current Employee), hazleton paJuly 9, 2015
fun work place whit supportive management personally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Elmira, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great hours and pay
Cons: Store closed
I loved this job and would still be there if they hadn't closed due to down sizing. I ran the outlet and checked in driver products.
Hard work with good pay
loader (Former Employee), fresnoJuly 6, 2015
If you don't mind not really having a personal life what want
to make good money for a fair days work then this is the
place for you.
Worst company i have ever worked for
Shipping Checker (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 4, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
This company is the absolute worst I have ever worked for we have had constant safety hazards that have been brought up for over a year they don't care how long they work you I have worked over 19 hours on multiple occasions and told if I left I would be fired the management is the worst I have seen I have literally seen lemonade stands make better business decisions then this bakery I do not recommend this job to anyone you are unable to have any type of social life working all in short this company is like working for the devil himself all they care about is quantity not quality we have a serious roach problem that is never addressed as well as rats but who cares all they want is money most greedy company I have ever seen
Company that offers room for advancement for those that want it.
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Management works together as a team.
Cons: Have to take customer calls 24/7.
Great Company with Great Benefits. District Managers typically come in at 7:30 and work until 4:30-5:00pm. You are on call 24/7.
Analyst (Current Employee), Bay Shore, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: None.
Worked for Bimbo Bakeries for over 25 years in various departments. Great place to work, great bosses and great co-workers.
Bimbo Bakeries was a disaster
Independent Oracle Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2015
I acquired a position with Bimbo Bakeries through a Kelly Services, a temporary placement agency. The company was in the process of transitioning their database management system to Oracle and they did not have the proper staff in place for the implementation. It was difficult to get anything done since the system was often down during normal business hours.
Flexible Working Environment
Internship, Department of R&D for bread & Roll (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTJune 24, 2015
As an internship, your daily is bake the bakery products with recipes and edit the recipes to develop the desired product.
Productive working environment
Production Technologist (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAJune 24, 2015
Fast paced working environment. Steady employment. Fully automated bakery that offered high output roll and bread lines.
Harsh company when you get sick
Depot Manager (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTJune 3, 2015
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: awful bedside manor
While I was working for Bimbo I discovered I has some medical problems. After months of tests and trying to return back to my normal work schedule my doctors decided that in my best interest I could not work third shift, instead of giving me a job that was during the day Bimbo fired me. They said they couldn't find a job for me yet there were plenty around. The company just didn't want to deal with my medical problems.
Great company and excellent management.
Assistant Plant Engineer (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJune 3, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Manageing a bread producing plants maintenance is a continueous task. Still Best management I have seen. They did take care of there employee's
Headquarters