Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Good Pay and Benefits
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 3, 2017
The company tells you what you will be trained on and what hours you will work. Mandatory overtime is good for cash flow but bad for everything else. They pick and choose who they will allow to move between shifts unless you get a bid job on a particular shift. Supervisors and management could care less about you or anything that doesn't have to do with making muffins and will tell you that to your face.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Rude Employees, Managers make decisions but don't work with employees, Physically demanding, cannot miss a day even with doctors note in first 400 hours, old equipment that constantly breaks down making your job harder
Very few Positives
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 18, 2016
Pros: Great Insurance, Decent pay for a High school Education

Cons: No Life work from time you get up until you go back to bed, Never have 24hrs. off, extremely physical job, promotion based on seniority as apposed to merit, management is for the most part horrible, and company could care less about there employees and, families, NO RETIREMENT, and most of all there is absolutely no future with this job.Just to name a few things.

Note:
*If you have children this job is the last one you should ever take
*If you expect to make money based on work done and or hours worked you should never take this job. (14-16hr. days on average)
*If you expect to be rewarded for increased SALES in a SALES job do not take this job.
*If you expect to be starting or continuing a CAREER do not take this job.
great place for single non family people to work
Production Associate/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 20, 2017
most days are typical work load with few changes to scheduling. the overall appeal of the job is the benefits package and union are hard to beat anywhere. management is average as expected however they do place a better standard of relation with employee better than most places of employment.
Pros
health care is low cost and retirement package is hard to beat
Cons
breaks are less than stellar and hours or scheduling is the toughest part
Over Saturated Management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 17, 2017
The pay and job stability is strong, however one depot with maybe 2 depot loaders could have up to 7 territory managers. The culture is overwhelmingly slim.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible Management training
More risk than reward
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJuly 13, 2016
Trying to increase sales in an area with multiple competitors can prove to be very difficult. Company raised the prices of product in the last calendar year which makes it harder to get sales when you have more expensive product. Company helps you very little with price cuts to try to increase sales and build equity and sales within your sales area. Sometimes feels like you are alone in trying to build your sales territory with no support for company management.
Pros
Seeing different things everyday, working partially outside, making your own decisions.
Cons
Income is solely dependent on sales.
good while it lasted
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 4, 2017
constant cutbacks never feel secure. too many mergers employees and product quality suffer. Local management was supportive but have their hands tied as well.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
no job security
This is the most horrible place to work for.
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PADecember 3, 2016
This place is just horrible. They work you to death. They are constantly calling you to come in for overtime. The management is horrible. The equipment doesn't work correctly. They appreciate nothing.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management. Poor work balance. Unappreciative managers. They tend to rule by fear.
Hard work. Good pay
Route Salesman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILOctober 18, 2016
The hours were sometimes long .The weather was sometimes a challenge. But I liked the independent nature of the job. I can honestly say that my immediate superiors thru my entire tenure were great to work with. My co-workers were a hardworking and diverse group and we all helped each other when we could.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. A job for the self-reliant.
Cons
Sometimes long hours. Weather.
Outlet store (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2016
A typical day starts with changing the bread out making sure the freshest is on the shelf. I've learned that people are people we all have faults but if we put it all aside and work together it will all get done. The management tries to do the right thing. I like working with my coworkers we are a work family. We laugh we cry (literally) together, we sing together, customers like coming to our store. That's the best part of the job having repeat customers that have fun with us. Going the extra mile for the customer getting them the best deal makes a big difference to. The hardest part of the job is the double dollies that are stacked thirty trays high and trying to get them down some with boxes of pies on top. I'm not ten feet tall.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
A little over wellming sometime
Overall great place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 29, 2016
Bimbo Bakeries is a very family orientated workplace with very hard working associates who are dedicated to their brand. We strive to ensure that every loaf of bread or bun that is sent out the door is the beat quality we can give the consumer, we proud ourselves on feeding every family everyday, this company offers great benefits for its associates, great training, and great opportunities to grow with in the company. I really enjoy working for Bimbo Bakeries USA.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Sometimes we could use better communication going out to the associates.

Want to know more about Bimbo Bakeries USA?

Ask a question
A competive market -which I really enjoy!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 20, 2016
I think they are a good company, but they lack flexibility, which I really need. I want to work on furthering my education. There is room to advance in the company, but without being able to find the hours to finish school -it is tough. I am interested in working full time but would like fair health benefits and reasonable compensation.
Pros
I like what I do and the people I work with and for.
Cons
limited flexibility
Great work atmosphere, very friendly
Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Great job with many opportunities for advancement and training on various equipment, people are exceptional to work with
Pros
good benefits
absolutely no work/life balance
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJanuary 27, 2017
If you are single with no family expectations, then apply here now.
No chance for advancement within the company unless you are in the "know". Management is very disconnected from the workforce.
Great company to work for
Oracle Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2017
A great environment to work for.
Wonderful co workers who work hard and play hard.
Management encourages growth and continuing to advance personal skills.
Disapionting place to work
Inside stressed worker (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 11, 2016
Very bad and no knowledgeable production manager she can't schedule right we just got Sundays off but we haven't had one off yet very inefficient bakery and equipment long hours 6-7 days a week very hot inside exhaust fans don't work alot of favoritism from supervisors the product is bad quality they run product to fast most of all they don't care about employees and their family's we need better people running this bakery
Pros
Pay benifits
Cons
It will drain you ENTIRELY!!!!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 31, 2016
If you have no life,dont ever want to have time for your family, be disrespected, taken advantage of, and work for a place that does not care for their employees at all. THIS is IT!!!! Worst year of my life...you will bend over backwards for them the minute you need time of for sickness or anything you are out of there.
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Overtime, lack of communication, horrible work life balance, not really knowing when you will work management not caring about their employees.
Result Oriented
Safety Observation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 13, 2016
after signing in. you stretch before starting any activity
you tie in with the previous person on your spot
you organize your work place before you start your duty
the hardest part is that you have to stand on a concrete floor for a long hours. and it can be really long hours
the hours are very fluctuating and the schedule is ever changing
management is good as they strive to do their best(not all the managers but most of them are great)
benefits are good. chances for advancement are slim to some extent cause of the culture and the system that the company performs.
productive hands on workplace
Bread Operator (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 16, 2016
machine operator
have too be very active/quick/reliable/responsible/quick learner
setup proper machine adjustments/change overs/fill out QCP sheets
management was barely reliable
co workers was always overworked/complaining management skills
climate was very hot in the summer very humid
setting up proper adjustments for different types of varieties of bread
bread/buns come out good makes your job more easier too run.
Pros
free 15min lunch breaks.
Cons
short lunch break/ not enough time too enjoy and eat lunch.
Working At Bimbo Bakeries
Bakers Helper (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PANovember 16, 2016
A normal day at Bimbo Bakeries consisted of me running one of the five positions on the roll line. I first learned how to use the mixer then I learned the panomat, following the panomat I learned the oven bagging area and the shipping area. From the time I started working until the time I finished working there I had learned every possible job that way I would have more advancement opportunities. the most un enjoyable part of my job was cleaning the machines . The best part of my job was being able to turn some mixture of powder into a delicious piece of bread
Very great place to work
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 23, 2016
I think this is a great company to work for. The people are great very good pay and benifits. It is a union based company Management trats employess great with respect and they really care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bimbo Bakeries USA. Our community is ready to answer.