Bimbo Bakeries USA United States Employee Reviews

Good Company
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Norristown, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Bimbo is the largest baking company in the world. There are many career opportunities for those willing to relocate.
job
Checker/Loader/Floater (Former Employee), Totowa, NJJanuary 16, 2015
it was great company to work for. management need a lil more of communication. the co workers were a great team....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Freedom
Sales (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 15, 2015
Load truck
build orders
make scheduled deliveries
fill products and build displays
paperwork
Great environment and networking possibilities
Sanitation/Utility Worker (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: uniforms, pay, factory
Cons: heat, other coworkers, management, no life work balance
Decent wages, the other reviews are true, absolutely no work life balance. Rotating shifts, and really hot working environment.

The work is very mindless and monotonous, if you like wandering around or staring at bread all day, this is the place for you.

Management doesnt care about you, but their a borderline monopoly so what can you expect..
Sanitation/Utility Worker (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: uniforms, pay, factory
Cons: heat, other coworkers, management, no life work balance

great company to work for
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: great parties
great people, company pays 100% benefits. over all great place to work
Very energetic company with great coworkers
Business Systems Coordinator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: extended travel requirements for position
It was a good company to work for. They had very competitive benefits. I enjoyed working with management and coworkers on multiple projects to increase efficiency in the company.
Great place to work the job I have is to change the fleet to I/O System
South Central Regional Fleet Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: company car while i was on the road meals paid
Cons: when you convert your fleet to independent operation you do away with your job
Heavy Travel work with the Fleet Managers update all the Parts Inventory. Train all Garage employees to work Safetly and have them to be able to transfer to another location and plug right in with all under the same system. We did Safety Shorts Daily and a full Safety Meeting weekly. Every six Months we would meet with the emploee to talk about his or her performance rate them and see where they were with their goals. I enjoy meeting with Employees and I also enjoyed the travel.
productive self employment
Independent Operator (Former Employee), Virginia Beach,Va/Norfolk DepotDecember 31, 2014
I didn't for for the company as an employee I bought a distribution route and was self-employed I was an independent operator and a 1099 was issued by them for commissions earned
The harder you work, the more money you will make.
Driver/salesman (Former Employee), Detroit areaDecember 23, 2014
Long hours. Getting up early takes some getting used to. Management will leave you alone as long as your doing your job.
Good pay and benefits, no family life.
Wrap Operator (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits. laid back enviroment
Cons: no family life
It paid well and I had good benefits, but the work/life balance was poor. Management was average. Biggest complaint is their was a tendency to allow some workers to slack off and expect good workers to pick of the slack. Overall it was average. If you can handle working a lot and don't have family it is a good job, but if you want more of a life it is not.
Associates were team players
REGIONAL FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee), Horsham, PADecember 10, 2014
The associates were dedicated, hard working, team players.
Worked at least 50 hours weekly, that what job required
Sales Manager/General Manager (Former Employee), Millbury, MADecember 3, 2014
Pros: maximize all sales programs, conducted hundreds of sales meetings over the years with free lunch for the union employees
Outstanding knowledge of market.

Great team player always willing to help those who needed help,.

Will take any job given from A to Z

Knows the Entenmanns brand better then anyone in the northeast.

Ability to learn multiple brands and implement knowledge of business to grow sales on new brands.

35 years in business.l
production
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PADecember 2, 2014
set up the machine baggers, make sure codes are correct, bags are on and then wait until bread comes down. end of my shift I clean up my area. I have worked in the bakery for twenty five years.
good benefits, good pay
Bread Mixer (Former Employee), SLC UTNovember 30, 2014
A decent place to work. Pay was good. The health Insurance was great!
Sara Lee Side of Bimbo Bakeries is in disarray
Vacation Relief (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free product, weekly pay
Cons: management, no team work, no training
I applied for a vacation relief route position with Bimbo back in October 2013 in Oklahoma City. I received a phone call in July of 2014 about this position and if I was still interested. So be prepared to wait a while once you apply. I interviews 3 different times before I was hired.

Vacation relief drivers work 6 days a week. So be prepared. You'll have either Wednesday or Sunday off.

Bimbo does have a union, so advancement opportunity is seniority based, so don't look to move up too soon.

The DM I interviewed with told me that I would have my own route within 6 months because of my previous vending experience. This unfortunately, was not the truth. I had 5 vacation relief drivers ahead of me, so I wasn't going to get a route anytime soon.

Pros:

Out of all the vending jobs I've had, the bread business is the best paid once you get a route. And its and easy job. IT'S BREAD.

A typical day will start you out around 3 am to 5 am depending on the route you have. You load and unload your truck everyday and you are responsible for most of the ordering. Only a few account call in there orders. Depending on how fast on are, you could be done anywhere from noon to 5 pm.

The nice this is that most accounts, you don't have to worry about getting checked in. So that saves a ton of time.

Working here, you'll never have to buy bread or snack cakes ever again. You're encourage to take home product. PERK!!!

Cons:

As a vacation relief driver, you will work 6 days a week either have Wednesday or Sunday off. Which ever of these two days you work, you will be doing pull ups only making – more... $90 for the entire day.

Be ready to be contacted by management at anytime of day or night to run a route. An you will only get about a hours notice ahead of time.

I was warned by one of the DM's prior to starting that communication was a ongoing issue between management and employees. This was a huge exaggeration. There is little to no communication between the groups. You can't have drivers starting between 3 am and 5 am and management shows up between 8 am and 10 am. And most of the managers are gone well before the drivers get back to settle out for the day.

For Pay, I was told when I was on a route, I would get paid 10 % of what the route made and if I wasn't on a route, I would only make $90 a day. Every route person there will tell you that they make $1,000 a week which is a lie, most routes make $60,000 plus a year. They don't wanna tell you the truth because most are affair that you will take over there route.

Needless to say with all of the miscommunication and incorrect information I was given, I decided to look elsewhere for employment.

In closing. If you don't mind being given incorrect information, working crazy hours, having no life and only speaking to management when they need you for something. This is the job for you. – less
Sales Planning Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2014
Pros: free sweets at meetings...which is actually a pro and a con.
Cons: half the number of recognized, paid holidays than most companies.
Very good company who places a high priority on safety inside and outside of the work environment. Management is engaging and there is a strong team environment. Co-workers are pleasant, helpful and hard working. Everyone is hardworking. The work environment is fast paced as everyone's drive is to stay ahead of the competition.
Productive place of employment
Utility/Sanitor (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXNovember 21, 2014
I enjoyed working there. I highly recommend the job. I was responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of the company.
benefits and good pay no life
Bakery Clerk, Bakery Mixer, and Bakery Sanitor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2014
Long hour days based on seniority if given full time job may take up to two years. constant shuffling of employees when job bidding is done. schedule you night then day hours the next day
Factory job
Production Technician (Former Employee), Elkhart, INNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free bread products
Cons: repetitive work
The work day starts off with a quick meeting and a safety short about how to keep safe in the factory and at home. There I learned how to work the bagger and grouper, also how to perform quality checks. Management seemed to listen to the employees and made sure we knew we were respected as people. Co-workers came in all colors of personalities from laid back and comfortable to work with to down right rude, most co-workers were "cool". The hardest part of the job was when equipment would break and other lines would run faster to compensate for the broken line. Enjoyable was when everything was running smoothly and with out a hitch, when the job can get done quickly and easily.

About Bimbo Bakeries USA

No snickering about the name -- Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is serious about making breads, cakes, and cookies. Its name is a shortened – Read more

Bimbo Bakeries USA Salaries

$80,000 per year
Production Supervisor
$62,000 per year

Bimbo Bakeries USA Photos

;) luv this new bread co.
;)
Thanks bimbo
Move over bimbo , you have competion