Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

summer work
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 25, 2017
This was a seasonal position. I preformed many duties and enjoyed my work. I inspected rolls before they went through the slicer, ran specs on finished rolls to be sure they were quality product.
Pros
wages
Cons
very hot
Bimbo bakeries is a great place to work for anyone who is motivated and enjoys working with the pu lic.
I dependant operator (Current Employee) –  Newport, vermontJuly 25, 2017
I have worked as an owner operator for nine years. I have worked closely with the sales manager for Bimbo and i ha e learned a lot about managing a business and building a strong route in the northeast kingdom.i have maintained a strong relationship with all of my custo.ers. i rake a great deal of pride in keeping my customers happy.
Pros
Meet the public, work with management
Cons
No paid benefits
Jipped on retirement
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 25, 2017
I worked there 41 years and retired in June 2017 because I became so worn out and broke down I couldn't do it any longer. Was told my retirement would be within a few hundred dollars of what I was making at the time (due to cutting routs and cutting pay). Before I retired I tried to get information as to what I would receive and was told I wouldn't know anything until after I had stopped working. Well today 7/25/27 I was told I would only receive $115 per month for retirement. Remind you this was for 41 years of work.
The Manager...
Sales/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ and Mesa,AZJuly 21, 2017
I have nothing good to say about the manager at the locations I worked at. When I grew up I was told if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything.
Productive and friendly place to work
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 21, 2017
Very friendly place to work where hard work and good attendance is greatly appreciated.A lot of overtime during summer season when schedule changes on daily basis. Opportunity to learn new jobs with help of experienced operators and knowledgeable management team. Guaranteed 40 hours a week for full time employees.
Pros
Opportunity to work extra hours.
Cons
Schedule changes constantly
Work for an Independent distributor has its advantages and can be fun. Coordinating with store managers and always vying for additional product space.
Independent Contractor and Distributor (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FL 32952July 19, 2017
A good place to work with minimal supervision however, it requires a close attention to detail and striking a careful balance to ensure appropriate inventory availability and conforming within a product return metric.
Pros
Not macro-managed and able to set your best practice and work processes
Cons
part-time work and not a route owner. Compensation is another consideration
Bimbo was a good stepping stone
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 18, 2017
Bimbo was a great place to work, at least in Sioux Falls. I was compensated well but the hours and days working are not always the most desirable. I am leaving Bimbo Bakeries because of a plant closure.
Pros
high pay
Cons
difficult hours and days off
Bimbo
Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 17, 2017
Bimbo is a good place to work. It has an okay work life balance. Has good benefits. The workplace supervisors listen to the employees. The position isn't that hard.
Very productive, demanding, and alot of labor work.
Production Worker/Distribution Worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 16, 2017
Bimbo bakeries was a great place to work at. The pay rate and benefits were great, along with the Union. A uniform is required, which was a pain, some weeks you have them, some times you don't.
Pros
Great benefits, pay rate, hours.
Cons
Short breaks, demanding hours, labor intensive
Fast paced and accurate workplace
Machine Operator / Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 16, 2017
Overall this is a wonderful work place. The environment is very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Hours may change at any given time and you must be willing to adapt.

Want to know more about Bimbo Bakeries USA?

Ask a question
Good place to advance internally
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 15, 2017
Good company to work for and willing to transfer anywhere, advancements within the company. Safety culture is always first, all employees are more than just a number.
Pros
Great pay, and benefits
Cons
Hectic around holidays
was a great place with good people
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2017
shift for mechanic's was12 hours and started as 2 on 1 off due to being short handed management was aware of this but did noting to help,so mechanic's worked 60 hours a week and picked up the slack of someone calling in sick .i was promised I would be shifted to days after fully staff based on seniority never happened . told that I was too experienced to be on days was needed on nights to keep managers from being called in ,, get it in writing
Good pay and Benefits
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Depot (Orlando, FL)July 13, 2017
Bimbo Bakeries USA is a company with good benefits and good work environment, but in the depot area there is no opportunity for growth, since expressing the desire to grow in the company, creates a hostile environment on the part of the superiors towards the employees. I worked for almost two years and in the moment I expressed my desire to grow; Everything changed on the part of my superior disqualifying my work performance, until getting the dismissal.
Pros
Good pay, free breakfast sometimes
Cons
Short break, non opportunities to grow in the company
Good company
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 13, 2017
Good company to work for however it is longer than a 40 hour week. you are salaried and on call 24/7 if you are in management. not enough training on computer programs only safety programs. Computer programs consist of a manager over you saying click here click here and here.... no formal training.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
on call 24/7
Challenging Environment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 12, 2017
Long Hot days. Rotating days off/Split days off. Work nights, weekends and holidays. Bad work/life balance.
Too much paperwork and non value added work making continuous improvement efforts and waste and downtime reduction difficult. High turnover rate and high absenteeism. Hard to keep the lines running with minimal workers. Need more staffing from office to leadership to production workers. This company is trying to do too much with not enough people to get the work done. Salary is good, extra straight pay if working 4 hours over your shift. No bonuses. Does give yearly raises. Forced to go to different shifts with a days notice. Poor communication and unprofessional.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work life balance
Based of popularity
HRIS Associate (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 12, 2017
Great company just feel I was placed in the wrong department. I think that it all depends on your manager like most jobs. Mines just was not pleasant and made me hate the job.
very high paced
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 12, 2017
This is very high paced and efficient place to work and the people are very friendly and knowledgeable about the process and the people. loved it here.
Long Hard Hours , Hard on Family Life
Baker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2017
High in performance Demand , must be able to have precise decision making. Must be able to work long hours. Must be able to work with a variety of people and products.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hard, Long Hours
Work/life unbalanced, terrible management.
Machine operator/production worker (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 11, 2017
Work and outside life very unbalanced. Union did nothing to fight it, as it now ran itself in the ground. They are shutting down in september of this year and i blame it on management.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Boring, routine
Mixer/Scaler (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at work always consisted of boring routine work. Management was very lazy and tried to do as little as possible by assigning those below them the duties which were supposed to be for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bimbo Bakeries USA. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval