Bimbo Bakeries USA

Bimbo Bakeries USA Employer Reviews

every day was different
route sale representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2014
would not recommend to anyone as their first job its a lot of work
Easy, simple, and rewarding.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: easy, well paying, friendly environment
Cons: too easy, repetitive, non challenging
As being part of the shipping crew, it's our duty to prepare the orders for each route daily and maintain cleanliness in the warehouse. We have a system in place that simplifies everything, it's a very well paying entry level type position but personally, not challenging enough for myself, leaving me to want to find something that actually requires more from me. Great for some, not for those with high ambitions in life.
I enjoyed working for the company.
SupplyChain Analyst/DeliverDriver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 28, 2014
It was a busy day, daily. How to operate different equipment and how to drive a truck better, and etc. The Bimbo team treated me fair. My co-workers were fun to work with. Learning how to work the different equipment. Driving the truck and delivering to different vendors was very fun.
Good work enviroment
Route Owner/ Warehouse Loader (Former Employee), Madisonville, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: worked a lone, my own boss
Cons: no benifits, long work hrs, no paid vactions
Delivery driver, merchandiser, order puller. I went to work @ 4am 5 days a wk and made it home around 2. I delivered to grocery stores, restaurants and other private vendors. Wednesday and Sundays I worked the stores I delivered to to work up the back stock of the product. I worked a lone 7 days a wk. I took care of the book keeping, kept all the invoices and paper work and made orders for each vendor I delivered to.
Vision Oriented
Director of Sales (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 18, 2014
Pros: vision
Cons: walking the walk
Good Safety Culture for the company, focused on the person.
Review Summary for Bimbo Bakeries
Developer (Former Employee), Bay Shore, NYOctober 17, 2014
Pros: sometimes free lunches...but the free baked goods were superior!
Cons: some of the managers need training on how to manage....
Some of the managers are very inexperienced,
and need to be schooled in how to manage...
Co-workers are excellent...
Free baked goods for employees are excellent...
Swing routesalesman
Swing Salesman (Current Employee), Livonia, MiOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great people, great job
Cons: nothing
I had a great time working here for Bimbo Bakeries! I wish that I would have worked here sooner, I think the management here is top notch.
Overall Entenmanns Bakery was a very good place to work.I feel that Bimbo which own Entenmanns Bakery are very good to their employees.
Foreman Shippingesponsibili (Former Employee), Bay Shore, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches for safety incentives, tvs in lunchroom, bowling teams to join, softballteams to join
Cons: dental plan was not very good, heating system not working very well in shipping area
A day starts with the foreman setting up the work area before the shift starts.When the crew arrives to start work everything is ready to go for them. The hardest part of the job is when the production lines are behind schedule and as a Foreman I have to make the necessary arrangements so trailers do not go out too late. The hardest part of the job is dealing with Weather conditions such as snow and storms because of transportation. Co-workers are usually very cooperative and always offer a hand especially when things aren't going too good. Always got along very well with management and never had a problem.
If your single with no kids would be a great job.
outlet store (Former Employee), upstate New YorkOctober 9, 2014
Cons: mangement is horrible
Does not allow you to have any family time. The mangers do not work with you. A lot of false documentation. Loved the actual job but the staff and management is horrible.
Lacks alot of principal foundations
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2014
Pros: really excellent pay and health benifits
Cons: the jobs security
the job security is based on a seniority system, were the people that have been working there the longest have the freedom to move around at anytime and everyone else is left with the leftovers.
Bakery Deli
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Modesto CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: lots of free time
Short hours, good first job, reputable company, meet lots of fun people.
na
ROUTE RELEIVER (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 3, 2014
Cons: no heath ins.
Bimbo Bakeries is a fast type of job, that you have to be on time to your stops. provide quality service to your customers.
Got along with all employees.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Sunbury, PAOctober 3, 2014
I worked all 3 shifts at one time or another. My co-workers were pleasant to work with.Trying to keep 2 aisles caught up was a chore.I learned that if asked you can do anything if you try your hardest.I liked working this job because it kept me out of the weather.
Growing company still trying to find it's way.
Category Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2014
Growing company still trying to find it's way. Can be fun and challenging.
horrible place to work
Utility driver merchandiser (Former Employee), superiorSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everyting
Worst job ever management is a joke might be good if Ur a route driver or management but utility driver merchandiser position is a complete joke this job made walmart seem like a dream job don't waste your time
Great brands-No work life balance or upward mobility.
Manager (Current Employee), USASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits.
Cons: work life balance leaves much to be desired.
Great brands and a very stable commodity - No work life balance or upward mobility. Competing internal cultures due to recent aquisition. Management is top heavy and front line is spread too thin.
Horriable Place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), HorshamSeptember 11, 2014
The hours were not great, you pretty much had to work through the night. Some days were definitely worse than others.
Management is too wishy washy. They don't communicate and they have very selective memory when you do tell them stuff. No advancement unless you are one of the chosen few. I worked with some good managers but when it comes to Higher management I had bitter experience. Unnecessary work, arrogant people and 0 guidance.
They are bad when it comes to compensation.
Always busy
Wrap operator (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Your life will mostly be work with them with very little family time.
a union was voted in for a reason
Process Technician (Former Employee), Topeka, KSAugust 26, 2014
Management is very shady, a union was voted in to stop the problems. Many investigations by union being done at the topeka plant.
Very insecure supervisors
Production Technician (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: can make a lot of money working overtime. fairly good benefits. gives three breaks a shift.
Cons: supervisors, schedules and boring work.
OK pay with lots of overtime. Must work weekends. Management fires employees just before probation period ends if they don't want to deal with the union later. Many employees said they never felt so insecure as they do at Bimbo Bakeries. Never know until 3 days before the end of week what shift you will be on the following week. Hard to plan personal life.

About Bimbo Bakeries USA

No snickering about the name -- Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is serious about making breads, cakes, and cookies. Its name is a shortened – Read more

Bimbo Bakeries USA Photos