Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Stressful place to work
Field Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 20, 2016
Very stressful. The position was very rewarding. the companies expectations where unattainable. I was very passionate towards my position. i did struggle with work and family life.
Pros
Job duties
Cons
management expectations
New Management no good.
Route Sales and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYNovember 10, 2016
I would not recommend anyone work there. Not a good place to work. Management, supervisors don't know what there doing, trying to changethings that dosent work.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Good work place
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 11, 2016
Management was a problem that's all I have to say beside other coworkers where fine. They worked us every holiday and weekend
As bakers normally work according to tight production schedules, it is important.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 31, 2017
A baker’s production duties include measuring and mixing ingredients into dough according to a recipe. Once the dough is formed, the baker will then roll and cut or otherwise shape the dough according to the specifications of the recipe.
Face paced work environment
Business Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJune 27, 2016
• Consistently beat deadlines to provide optimal support to management and department staff
• Reduced company losses by creating Product Launch Tracker for product launches, market expansions, and product transfers
• Performed logistical analysis on products for Private Label and R&I Project Managers
• Alleviated pressure from bakeries by creating a resource to eliminate unnecessary breaks in bakery production
• Consolidated a vast amount of information and correspondence into a cohesive story for a Hardees Bun NPR
Low pay, minimal advancement, outdated management
Manager (Current Employee) –  HorshamAugust 3, 2015
Bimbo Bakeries is the $7 billion US division of Grupo BImbo, a +$14 billion Mexican corporation and one of the largest baking industry companies in the world. The company is growing rapidly, but they manage as if it was still a little 1950s company. There are very few new hires in the company, annual raises are minimal,and IT is heavily outsourced, all of which makes it extremely difficult to support the rapid growth (largely due to acquisitions).

If you can get a job here with a decent hourly rate and are content to be a contractor, it's ok, but there is a tremendous lack of leadership and innovation. If you are at the end of your career, this is an ok place to work, but I would not come here if you have ambition and want a career path.
Pros
Company is growing; easy access to HQ site in Horsham from PA Turnpike
Cons
No work from home, no cafeteria, small cubes, indecisive mgmt, skimpy staffing to support growth
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14623October 1, 2016
Lots of activity due to the lower cost of bakery goods and discounts received. People are generally in good spirits and will strike up conversation
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management lacking compassion
Not a place to work for individual seeking career advancement
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 5, 2016
Strong Brands, lacks Senior leadership.

Lack of training and development of employees

Constant layoffs, no job security
Good working place nice people to work with
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 6, 2016
good work place they have good safty rules and care for the people that work there. They work with you and train you on the job you are doing and help you understand the job so you stay safe at your job.
Pros
They do things for the people that work for them
Cons
Could have better health care
Values
Production technician, Lead (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAFebruary 5, 2017
No home life you will work 13 days in a row, on holidays and bread will be everything. Wrecks homes and they will enforce Mexico values on you. Stay away rotating door
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No life outside bimbo
A very enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, PANovember 7, 2016
At Bimbo bakeries I typically worked third shift. I always volunteer for overtime and I work my days off pretty regularly. I get along with every one of my coworkers and enjoy my job. My supervisor has great things to say about my work ethic and ability to do my job.
A very demanding and stressful job.
Route Reliever (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 26, 2016
I would arrive at the warehouse around 12:00 a.m. and started to print a product check list to see if everything ordered was not damage. Then I would break the products to separate them to assigned stores for that particular day and load them to my truck. I would drive to stores and prepare a ticket to sell the product and deliver them. Pick-up empty trays and bring them back to Bimbo's warehouse. A very challenging and tiresome job to say the least. You work every day and it does take a toll on your health and well being.
Pros
you get paid.
Cons
You feel like a slave with no sense of accomplishment
Busy
Painter/Electrician's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Charles, VADecember 29, 2016
Waking up extremely early every day. Not exactly a job for me, just worked here for one summer. A typical day at work requires not less than 10-12 hours of work, the most enjoyable part would be the experiences of meeting new people.
At first it was a great place to work we were a team
Associate (Former Employee) –  Barre vtSeptember 15, 2015
Don't plan on a whole weekend off unless you are a manager. Pay was good for what you had to do but raises were awful. Insurance was great!. Absolutely no room for advancement. Management always put themselves first. The heating system broke last winter in the warehouse and never got fixed until this summer. conditions were unbareable
Pros
2 free products a day when you were working
Cons
Management spends alot of time in the office while you bust your butt...
Fun workplace environment
Bread Vendor/Sales and Marketing/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 17, 2017
During my time with Bimbo bakeries as a Delivery Associate, I have seen, heard and done many things that I believe make me a better worker and independent worker as well.
Productive workplace where no day is the same
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  bakersfield. caJune 6, 2016
-Hardest part of the job is ordering the product in anticipation of demand for the following weeks
-The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to productively hangout with your co-workers while stocking your work truck for the day
-Management is supportive
-Typical day at work is about 12 hours long and is mostly spent driving and delivering
Pros
Work at your pace, in charge of your route, flexible lunch hours
Cons
Long work days, No back to back days off, Dealing with incompetent/demanding store recievers
Great place to work very friendly people. They treat you like family.
Independent Operator (Current Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 18, 2016
I would do thus forever if I could because it's alot of money. I would suggest this place to anyone looking for a change. This is a great business. Always money to be made.
Pros
Free bread set your own day. Work off a time clock.
Cons
Hard floors and long days with short night. You need to wanf to work.
never a dull moment
Independent Distributor (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 27, 2017
A Exciting adventure everyday with both Managers and Customers .Providing Fresh products to Customers with Integrity as well as a Professional Positive Attitude.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Early hours
loved the people i worked with
Bun Guider (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 9, 2016
Some of the guideline are hard to deal with. They really don't like to give you time off so if you have family it is very hard to balance them both. Managers abuse their power there
Best job EVER!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 3, 2017
BImbo Bakeries USA is a great company to work for. I couldn't ask for a better supervisor and boss. As long as you do your job well no one bothers you. Perfect!
Pros
Ability to work alone and not be hounded
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bimbo Bakeries USA. Our community is ready to answer.