Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews in United States

Hard work with good pay
loader (Former Employee) –  fresnoJuly 6, 2015
If you don't mind not really having a personal life what want
to make good money for a fair days work then this is the
place for you.
Worst company i have ever worked for
Shipping Checker (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 4, 2015
This company is the absolute worst I have ever worked for we have had constant safety hazards that have been brought up for over a year they don't care how long they work you I have worked over 19 hours on multiple occasions and told if I left I would be fired the management is the worst I have seen I have literally seen lemonade stands make better business decisions then this bakery I do not recommend this job to anyone you are unable to have any type of social life working all in short this company is like working for the devil himself all they care about is quantity not quality we have a serious roach problem that is never addressed as well as rats but who cares all they want is money most greedy company I have ever seen
Cons
Company that offers room for advancement for those that want it.
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2015
Great Company with Great Benefits. District Managers typically come in at 7:30 and work until 4:30-5:00pm. You are on call 24/7.
Pros
Management works together as a team.
Cons
Have to take customer calls 24/7.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYJune 29, 2015
Worked for Bimbo Bakeries for over 25 years in various departments. Great place to work, great bosses and great co-workers.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
None.
Bimbo Bakeries was a disaster
Independent Oracle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2015
I acquired a position with Bimbo Bakeries through a Kelly Services, a temporary placement agency. The company was in the process of transitioning their database management system to Oracle and they did not have the proper staff in place for the implementation. It was difficult to get anything done since the system was often down during normal business hours.
Flexible Working Environment
Internship, Department of R&D for bread & Roll (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 24, 2015
As an internship, your daily is bake the bakery products with recipes and edit the recipes to develop the desired product.
Productive working environment
Production Technologist (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 24, 2015
Fast paced working environment. Steady employment. Fully automated bakery that offered high output roll and bread lines.
Harsh company when you get sick
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJune 3, 2015
While I was working for Bimbo I discovered I has some medical problems. After months of tests and trying to return back to my normal work schedule my doctors decided that in my best interest I could not work third shift, instead of giving me a job that was during the day Bimbo fired me. They said they couldn't find a job for me yet there were plenty around. The company just didn't want to deal with my medical problems.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
awful bedside manor
Great company and excellent management.
Assistant Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 3, 2015
Manageing a bread producing plants maintenance is a continueous task. Still Best management I have seen. They did take care of there employee's
Pros
everything
customers
Lead Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2015
Working with the customers are great. I like dealing with the public and sorting/selling bread. Overall is a nice place to work.
Stay away from maintenance
production worker (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMay 28, 2015
Stay away from maintenance management is changing schedules around and all new employees will be working every weekend nights . Management sucks look at what happened to stroehmann in harrisburg why you think the doors are shut there same management. Anymore there isn't anything good to say other than pay is good. Union does nothing for you. That's the reason why the maintenance guys there are bailing now.
Vacation Relief (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 26, 2015
Bimbos bakeries is a family that makes you feel like you have a home the people are full of life and hard working to keep the company name in lights of love in the bake goods.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Baked goods
Wonderful opportunities!
Distribution Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 22, 2015
The company is continuing to grow, with many professional growth opportunities. The company values its employee's and their safety.
Fun and fast paced
Shipping/ Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Breingsville, PAMay 22, 2015
Long work days during the summer months. Management works with you very hands on with employees. Typical day consist of making of rolls and bread and operating a machine that puts those items in a bags.
Pros
room for advancment
Cons
Short breaks
Very demanding job
General Utility Worker 3rd (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 20, 2015
A typical day can go from fast to hectic. Can learn the job within 2 weeks no prob. Management only really cares about production quota and not much else. Co-workers, some you like some you don't. Hardest part is the schedule and days off. the Schedule changes too much no time for one's self. Only enjoyable time is breaks and lunch.
Pros
Great starting pay and benefits
Cons
Hours are long and constantly changing. Company needs to do random drug testing.
starting to be very hard to go to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMay 14, 2015
Benefits good salary good, but new management is trying to change shifts schedules in maintenance to working every weekend.
Just wasn't a good fit for me.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMay 11, 2015
Typical day at work- walk 20+ miles within the shipping bay loading bread onto trucks.

Management-Young

Co-workers-most were cool but every place has those few guys that rock the boat in their own way.

Hardest part of job- none

Most enjoyable part of job- punching out every day
Pros
good pay
Cons
excessive walking, young management, less than desireable union benefits
Production Technician
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 29, 2015
Good work environment wand good benefits. C-workers are great. Over-time can be intense at times. The hardest part of the job is problem-solving urgently under stressful conditions and the mandatory over-time. Other than that it is a pretty simple job. I have learned at lot about the machines and equipment as in making repairs and pulling them apart.
Chaos in the parts room
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 29, 2015
I had to identify and take inventory of all machine parts. Their organization was horrible. Me and my team set them straight. Hopefully, they'll use some of the practices that we suggested.
Great Place to work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2015
If you are interested in having a career in the bread industry, BBU will be the most exacting place to be.

Management strives in treating associates with fairness, respect, trust and care.