Binder & Binder Employee Reviews

Unhappy environment
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2016
I was working in a very unhappy environment. They don't care about the employees, over worked, underpayed, Over your shoulder. I was spoken to about using the bathroom and eating a cracker at my desk. I felt like I was in elementary school all over again. I was hardworking always trying my best but somehow it was never good enough.
you dont want to work here
clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2016
worst company to work for, lots of favoritism, make up rules as they want to, promote from within if you are management favorite, NO BENEFITS..they say they have healthcare but it costs half your monthly paycheck, they say they retirement plan but its the union dues $24 month. the managers at the tampa office is the worst managers I have ever seen or met, no skills in dealing with employees.
RUN for YOUR LIFE DON'T WORK THERE
the office is a constant revolving door, employees stay average 3-6 months. training is horrible.
its a union office, have you ever heard of this
tells that the company is horrible to work for
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Clerk/ Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 11, 2016
A typical day at Binder & Binder would be calling the client and collecting information from clients disabilities and making sure the reps have everything they need for clients hearing date .
Over the time at Binder I have learned to do many different things for my clients as well as the company. For example calling hospital facilities and making sure I have medical records for my client, filing paper, Appealing cases etc. Although I enjoy what I do I can't really say I see myself with the company for many years and the reason of that being said is simply just management. Although I say that there are a couple things I do enjoy about Binder and that would be my co workers even though we struggle we still manage to keep our heads up high and cheer each other on. Overall I do thank the company for giving me an opportunity and trying something different for myself.
Pros
45 min. lunch
Cons
healthcare
Mentally stimulating workplace
Non-Attorney Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 19, 2016
Work was fun and engaging, very mentally challenging. Everyone worked as a team to help each other. Supervising attorney was lax and friendly with an open door policy. Really enjoyed all of the writing projects and learned to deal with angry clients and abrasive judges. Learned to be calm under pressure.
Not a fan
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 28, 2016
The managers were extremely rude and didn't seem to care about you or your questions. There was no room for moving up. If it was a bad day, or snowing, they don't care how dangerous it is as long as you're working for them. Good experience but not a good company to work for.
Pros
Holidays and weekends off
Cons
Management, pay
Terrible place to work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 21, 2016
Binder and Binder is a great place to gain clerical experience but that is about it. Management is a mess and the company in its entirety does not care about their clients or employees. Employees are over worked under payed and greatly unappreciated.
ok place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY 11788July 13, 2016
They pay is ok for entry level. Some of the managers could be a little more relaxed in this place. They are so up tight. You can deffinately tell that there are department tension.
Wide open room with a lot of cubicals
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 11, 2016
A typical day at work was very micro-managed. Most co-workers were decent people. The hardest part of the job was learning all the different documents that we had to send out to the clients and other places.
This company is not a caring company
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 18, 2016
Binder and Binder closed the Bronx office and put a lot of people out of work and this is not the first office this happen at. And management only took people that they knew like relatives and friends that was hired to the other offices.
Dealing with disabled people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 16, 2016
Reviewing and preparing hours spent on case file. Not much co-mingling among co-workers. I learned how to bill for hours spent on case file and submitting to Judges for consideration.
Not a happy place to work.
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 23, 2016
Call clients.Do followups with clients,file, send client request,.call dr.office for clients files.
coworker were very nice to work with.
the hardest part of the job was to hear all the sad story from the client.
Management not very understand to empolyeess difficulties personal or other wise.
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2016
I really don't have anything to say about them, they do not give you breaks, only lunch break, they move people to other positions without asking them. they show a lot of favoritism, they don't do any referenced for any jobs if you decide to l eave.
Pros
no breaks, no benfits.
Cons
no breaks, no benfits.
This Ship is Sinking Fast
Caseworker Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Supervisors are snakes and they pick on the runts of the litter
I hated this job. I stayed for over a year because I needed the money. I was let go over a rule they made up just for me
Productive work place.
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 4, 2016
I work in the mail room department doing data entry, general clerical duties and managed confidential legal mail correspondence from Social Security. I get alone with all the coworkers. I learn a lot from this company. I assisted supervisor Staff and Attorney in multiple tasks.
Very productive environment
Caseworker/Clerical (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I was able to learn many new skills that are needed as a professional office assistant. One thing I learned was how to properly complete casework for client disability claims.
Not a great place to work due to poor benefits and strict work environment,but was a good learning experience
Office Administrator (Appeals) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2016
Busy hectic work deadlines must be met
I've learned about disability cases and how disability claims work
Management was very strict they kept constant watch over employees via video cameras and physically walking around and monitoring employee activities
Like most offices their were some good co-workers and some bad
Hardest part of the job I would say was the strict work environment created by management it made most days uncomfortable
The most enjoyable part of my day was helping clients receive disability benefits and the great friendships made with co-workers over the years
Pros
Yearly raises
Cons
Poor health benefits
Extremely stressful
Interviewer / Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2016
Very determined and hardworking co-workers. Most management supportive. More than anything I learned, no matter the respect for a good work ethic and determination to be "perfect", I can't please everyone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Oversized caseload
Stale job, no room for advancement, not terrible.
Junior Advocate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2016
Pretty much as I described it: while the job is not terrible, the work hours are reasonable and the staff there were for the most part lovely, the work itself was incredibly dull and tedious. The emphasis is on getting quantity above quality, and the turnover rate is incredibly high.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
bad pay, bad corporate culture
Turn around.
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 15, 2016
I wouldn't suggest working for this company. Worked here for a solid 2 years. The staff is completely unprofessional. The way this firm works is by hiring advocates who are not attorneys so imagining the low pay certificate people really feel superior to anyone else. The atmosphere is just pretty all around negative. Most people who work here are moms who won't ever stand up for employers who mistreat employees. Being promoted and then being told that it still wasn't enough after meeting crucial deadlines is waste. The management staff really baffles me at times when it was someones birthday or the way they dressed. The union is as crooked as the mafia. If you challenge the management here with procedures like asking for a steward when your manger yells at you you will re reprimanded and terminated. I would suggest to stay away from such a company. Unless your a lifer with kids who's okay with being mistreated over worked and have no opinions at all.
bitter-sweet
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 5, 2015
Average work place with constant company changes. Based on amount of files worked and even when requirements are reached and surpassed there is always more in demand.
Learned how to meet deadlines, communicate affectively in a sometimes hectic environment, while properly developing files and meeting client needs/expectations. Management is at times supportive with the normal office politics. The most enjoyable part would be the outcome of the decisions and knowing that you have helped change some ones life. Dislike, the inability to grow and fear of loss of position with all the company office closings. My colleagues are very supportive and with all the seniority i have been able to learn old ways while adding new twists.
Pros
much to learn
Cons
non reliable job security

2.8