BINDER & BINDER

BINDER & BINDER Employer Reviews

Not the place to hang your hat
Writer for Appeals/Jr (Former Employee), Orange, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great place to learn, helpful and friendly advocates, attorneys, and writers
Cons: figure scan clocking in/out even for breaks, non-flexible job environment, unenjoyable job culture
Binder is a very large national company with a mill-like structure. Case loads are very heavy and the use of templates is encouraged.

However, the opportunity to learn valuable skills is what makes the job fun. There is room to learn and grow there if you are willing to work toward longevity in the company. The day is structured around case review, – more... updates and appropriate action, writing and filing appeals for Social Security cases, and acting as a client liaison for complex issues.

The hardest part of the job was the environment and job culture. The support staff leaves much to be desired and reflects badly on the company as a whole. You must unionize and raises may be withheld when job titles and responsibilities are increased. – less
Caseworker (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
- Work with attorney to get case done updated for court dates
- Obtain medical records
- Called Social Security to get updated information on disability claim
- Speak with client to inform them of status of case
- I learned about filing for disability and process
- The hardest part of job was large case and client upset because there claim had done – more... been approved – less
very quiet and calm enviornment
receptionist (Former Employee), phoenix, azJune 23, 2014
The best place to work great people everything is very organized
Enjoyable work environment
Caseworker/Advocate Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: expensive healthcare, no opportunity to grow within company
Review files, look ahead for amount of files scheduled for the day, hearing dates, and advocate reviews. Answer live incoming calls. Co-workers and work environment are great. Job challenges include taking live incoming calls, heavy call volumes, meet advocate directives and meeting deadlines for hearing scheduled clients. Overall gained great knowledge – more... in Social Security law and regulations. – less
High level stress
Intake Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2014
Although the job was wonderful, the rules and regulations are EXTREME, even so I learned a lot about Social Security and it's laws and forms and requirements for benefits. I did enjoy my work there.
Fairish
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMay 11, 2014
Pros: birthdays of the month
Cons: short lunch, no office supplies, the worse cleaning service
A typical day at work started at 8:30am to 5:30pm, which made it difficult to make any Dr appt. or go to classes because most business hours are till 4:30 or 5:00pm. The co-workers were so-so, a lot new employees all the time which seemed like people didn't like the company and left. I just met a few people who were there for years. Basically all managers – more... and supervisors were there for a long time. None of the work was challenging, only at the beginning when trying to get a daily % work submission of the day, but you acquire this after a couple weeks of training. This company doesn't provide enough office supplies to their employees, so I had no option but to buy my own stuff and bring it to my work station. They also have the worse cleaning company service, the whole entire facility was dirty at times. For the amount of people that are working there, they should at least clean the facility twice during the day. They only clean the facility every night and thats it. I give to this company a fairish rate. – less
Nice place to work in
Office Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: i learned how to avoid office politics.
Cons: i learned office politics
I was in charge of 5 employees. It was my responsibility to supervised them. It was a nice place to work in and liked it. Here, I learned how to manage people and how implement certain office procedures and office politics. I enjoyed the end of the work day.
Horrible place to work at / Stay away from this place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaApril 21, 2014
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: everything in this place is a joke
do not apply with this company , they treat there employees
very bad, management is horrible - the pay is bad - medical
insurance is to high, the union is run by the owners wife ??
I feel bad for the people who
call them for help with their social security benefits.

This place needs to be closed down...
BUSY!!
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: loved the fast pace! and i miss that
Cons: ran the department solo, desperately needed an assistant
I learned so much! I had never electronically filed papers and I had never been the head of a department before. I learned the most about myself and what I can accomplish when I worked for Binder & Binder.
Stressful and fast pace, but enjoyable
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYMarch 22, 2014
It's very fast pace, we have a very high call volume so I am able to deal with multitasking and being accurate at a faster pace. I have to deal with very difficult potential clients but overall, when I get to help someone and make them feel at ease, it is all worth it.
Disability Advocates
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 5, 2014
I learned a lot about Disability Law. I learned that it's best to prepare for a rainy day rather than wait for the legal system to work for you.
Fast pace
Legal Caseworker (Current Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 23, 2014
I meet a lot of different kind of people. Very rewarding especially when I win a case.
Good place to learn about the government procedures
Case Manager/Mailroom supervisor (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 1, 2014
you have alot of room to move up with this company they are very fair in giving someone a fresh start
Never Catch Up
Case Worker (Current Employee), Newark, NJDecember 15, 2013
Pros: makes some type of money.
Cons: everything...
This job is demanding and very hard. You are doing legal aid work and pretty bad pay. Listen its so bad that I am currently looking for a new job A.S.A.P. They have this 90 day thing before you will technically have the job. and it is a "at will" job meaning that the manager can fire you at anytime. Great right...Job security my behind. Please do not – more... get me started when it comes health care...im done. – less
Disability Law Firm
Legal Assistant/Case Worker (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 5, 2013
Pros: no weekend work
Cons: high turn over as far as employees coming and going.
My job was to review and update customer files. I entered info into data base and answered incoming calls. My case load was over 100 clients. I requested medical records form various hospitals and doctors offices. I faxed and filed court paperwork and other office duties.

The hardest part of this job was telling a client that they were not approved – more... for disability.

The most enjoyable thing about this job was telling my client they were approved. – less
A good place to start
Hearing Caseworker (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: paid training, friendly environment.
Cons: union based regulations.
Binder and Binder is a great place for anyone looking for office experience. This company provides training for recent graduates and unemployed adults looking for a potential career.
Great learning experience
Clerical (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2013
Pros: co workers, learning experience
Cons: benefits, certain managment personalities
A typical day consisted of filing and pulling charts, submitting invoices and other medical documentation, locating lost files and placing client submitted documentation into the charts.

I learned about the stages of filing for social security disability benefits as well as the way documentation should be submitted in order to get a favorable decision.

Management – more... was well organized, however seemed to controlling at times.

I loved my co- workers and still have great relationships with them today.

Controlling management, longer hours with decent benefits. – less
stressful, no advancement, micro managment
Senior Caseworker (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYAugust 9, 2013
Pros: steady work hours
Cons: they offer benifits (expensive as hell)
must be at your desk answering phone calls/ making phone calls at 8:45 am no later. only 45 min lunch, frowned upon to leave your desk for anything including bathroom or to grab a snack or drink. the people who you deal with over the phones are cranky people trying to get one over on the government. socialization within the workplace is very frowned – more... upon. the hardest part of the job is everything about the job itself. the most enjoyable part of the job is once it hits 5:31pm – less
Expectations are unrealistic
Casework Administrative Support (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2013
Pros: work is interesting
Cons: union does not back employees up
there is favoritism and not everyone is on the same page as far as policies and procedures.
customer service
Claims and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 8, 2013
Being able to help our clients with their disability and answer all their questions,.