Binder & Binder Employee Reviews

Review
Senior Attorney (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77027November 26, 2017
I do not chose to give a review or opinion regarding the typical work date at Binder and Binder. I learned a lot and they trained their employees well.
fast pace
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 17, 2017
We didn't have any paid vacations or time off. That was the hardest part for me. It was a fast pace environment where the work was often given to you, with a new list of clients per day.
Good co-workers
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 16, 2017
I worked for this firm for 15 plus yrs. Unfortunately the company file for bankruptcy and our office closed. I met very good people while working here. I learned alot and enjoyed my job. I must admit that at times it was very stressful.
Pros
Breaks, vacation, weekends off
Cons
Heath insurance too expensive
company closing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York StateNovember 15, 2017
last day is 12/11... we get left in the dark to discover info for ourselves re: the bankruptcy... we get told one thing but than find out another....
Excellent department, but company cut back
Writer/Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2017
The company started closing offices all over the country so I left in anticipation that my office would close, which it did about 8 months later. The writing department head was astounding and she was a very strong, organized, and efficient leader. I miss working under her wing, and wish I could bring her to be my mentor at all future jobs.
Closing
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 2, 2017
Unfortunately I can not say anything more about the company, as they will be closing down as of December 11. While working here it was a very good experience learning a lot about the way the Social Security Administration works.
Productive and fun
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 1, 2017
Office consisted of one Attorney, 2 Caseworkers and myself the Executive Assistant everyone got along, worked as a team, felt like a family so lean back and got our jobs done.
Pros
Family oriented office
Cons
I had to relocate, but Miami office closed after
Long hours, horrible management.
Paralegal/Case manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 31, 2017
The Binders are horrible bosses, they would pay people just above the legal limit. Most everyone there were still on food stamps and public assistance and we were there for 10 hours a day. They would work us till we literally passed out on stretchers, having an ambulance pick us up because of anxiety attacks.
Company is closing
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 20, 2017
Company went bankrupt and is closing December 2017.
Poorly managed,emphasis was on office politics instead of case
Development.Upper management has betrayed the Binder family and ruined company.
Pros
Cons
Cutthroat
Self start office enviroment
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Ideal workplace.
Super Friendly.
Fast Pace.
You do have to complete a certain amount of work each day but its not impossible.
PTO
Benefits
Personal Team that you work with to meet weekly goals.
Pros
Great Experience and job Security
n/a
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 2, 2017
very stressful environment very micromanaged a lot of issues with supervision they also will discriminate you the way you look.this is a terrible company to work for
Low morale company-wide
Legal Writer (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Tough work, low pay, and no opportunity for advancement. The work is mostly thankless and, most days, no one else in the office really wants to be there.
Appeals Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2017
This was a great place to work. Would still be there if they did not file for Bankruptcy. Loved the work I did and enjoyed helping others to the best of my ability.
fast paced and sometimes stressful
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 29, 2017
even though the company demanded a lot of me, i enjoyed coming in to work everyday ad meeting new challenges. I went into this job knowing nothing and the company took the time to train me thoroughly. I also love their open door policy.
Pros
able to eat at desk while working
Cons
Short lunches, No cell phone usage, micro managed
Very unprofessional and poor management
Social Security Disability Assistant/Intake (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2017
This company was not professional at all and management was a joke. The clients were always upset and the caseworkers overworked. The pay was not good either.
Mangement was poor quality.
Caseworker/Reviewer Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 24, 2017
My day at Binder and Binder was pretty much the same every day. I reviewed my clients file for court, Made phone calls to Dr. office's
for medical records, called judge's office for paper work that need to be filed on certain dates, did a lot of filing at the end of each day.
Pros
The location was close to my home.
Cons
The medical was to expensive.
Stessful
Appeals Council Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY 11788July 31, 2017
Managemt cares more about watching cctv than helping with workload. Their idea of eggshell management is the way they roll. There is no comparison to any other place
Pros
Cons
Estremely unrealistic
Life at Binder & Binder
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 25, 2017
This is an enjoyable company to work for, however, the future of the company is not very stable at this time. I enjoy my coworkers, but the advancement opportunities are lacking.
Pros
14 hours a month off
Cons
health care benefits
Worst place ever to work
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 21, 2017
The supervisors and management were more like teenagers than grown women. They were constantly chatting and talking about workers making us all scared of loosing our jobs worst place to ever work!!
Clerical/Receptionist/Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 15, 2017
The jobs are pretty easy going there, but there is still room for advancement within the company so you still have to challenge yourself. I think if given the opportunity to go back I would.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Binder & Binder. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9