Binder & Binder Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Clerk (Current Employee) –  NY, Ny and Tampa, FlMarch 8, 2017
Great company with great benefits. Allowed me to learn many skills needed in today's work market. It has given me the skills needed for always any job on the market.
Horrible place to work!
Casework Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2017
If there is a book on how to not run a business it should be written by Binder and Binder. Terrible work atmosphere combined with the worst management team in corporate history and a union who collects dues and not once had stuck up for one employee when disciplined or terminated.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Worst management ever!
productive and great envirement
Open Files (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 21, 2017
productive place to work, room to grow with company, received proper training to achieve my monthly goals , great employee benefits.
Read, and respond to emails, Scan, and uplode records. Creat reports on spread sheets.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2017
A typical day at Binder and Binder I would arrive to work at 8:15. First I would open my email and read all emails marked high priority and respond to them in a timely matter. I would then print out my reports for upcoming hearings, and request submitted records from social security office. I would scan, and uplode records to our cloud server, Share file. For traveling representatives to review and prep for hearings. I was responsible for maintaining the sever updated, Scanning new records received and submitting them to Social Security office, Responding to emails from scheduling and representatives requesting assistance in obtaining records. I belive I gained most of my office experience working for binder and binder as I feel like I learned something new everyday. I learned how to work in a high passed environment with no direct supervision as my office employed over 80 employees with only two direct supervisors. I think the hardest part of my job was being away from home for nearly 10 hours a day as I am a mother of two. Overall I enjoyed my years working for binder and binder.
Pros
Earned income
Cons
Only one break a day.
If you like to be busy
Legal Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the Binder and Binder firm. It is a fast paced and interesting environment. Please note that if you are caseworker, you must be ready to encounter some difficult and emotionally trying situations.

The only reason I left this position is because I couldn't handle the emotional burden of the cases I was given.

The people who work there and the management are great. Their training of the caseworkers is extremely thorough.

If you can handle the emotional aspect of casework--should that be the assignment you are given, and you like to keep busy, this is the place for you.
verbally abusive and management is horrible
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2017
worst work ethics, manager are insensitive. people are overworked and no benefit. waited over 2 years to get an increase on salary, you feel like working on a plantation
Always on a move and always a change
Clerker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 30, 2016
Being a file clerk at Binder& Binder was a new experience. As soon as I clocked in, caseworkers and different departments gave us a list of files that need to be pulled so they can review. After pulling all the files, we are given papers given to us by all departments and caseworkers to file into case files. After sorting the documents and records we start to file and organize each file we touch.
Pros
hour lunch, good pay
productive
HEARING CASEWORKER (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 18, 2016
I love my job at Binder and Binder, unfortunately do to them filing bankruptcy they are closing their doors in 2 years, so I have no other choice but to look elsewhere. I learn something new everyday, it has opened my eyes to so many different things and the way the government system works. I love helping people and working close with advocates to make a difference in peoples lives. Clients lives are in our hands and we need to do our jobs in order to help these people. For the most part management is very knowledgeable but the downside is they are never there when you need them. The hardest part about my day is the stress of knowing that if I mess something up it could ruin some ones life also, the inconsistency of the previous caseworker on the job and having to catch up right before a hearing date. The best part is when you get a phone call from a client and after clarifying things or winning their case and they know you've worked hard they say thank you so much for all your help, if it wasn't for you I don't know where I would be or what I would have done. Or when they thank you for working so hard and changing their lives. My co-workers are cliché, so you talk to the people who think the same way or sit close to you. We all help each other out. Especially, the people who have been there for years and have more knowledge and are willing to teach you. Most of the time we act like a family as we are with each other more than our own families. I've learned so much and to take everything with a grain of salt as not everything is personal as you don't know what other peoples  more... lives are like and not to pre-judge.  less
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
healthcare, no break but lunch
One of the most stressful office jobs around
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 1, 2016
Working in any of the customer service areas of Binder and Binder was generally a miserable, stressful and emotional experience.

The management openly encouraged workers to tease and harrass some people to make them work harder when their numbers were down.

Every Friday felt like you might be fired...

Advancement meant a meager 1$ raise, and ten times the responsibility and unpaid overtime.

You could be criticized for anything and everything.

Due to the sensitive nature of the documents we worked with (Personal medical info, social security info etc), we could NOT use cell phones or other personal devices. MP3 or CD players were permitted if it was shown they could not be used any other way.

Dealing with customers on the phone was terrible, the job revolved around talking and often arguing with disabled people (often mentally ill people) about their personal life.

Many of these people could not easily function and we had to complete an hours worth of paperwork via phone. Often you would miss your quota because you would spend an hour with someone on the phone and not finish the paperwork...
Pros
regular raises, good vacation and time off package, good dental
Cons
Health benefits were expensive, management was cruel
Closing soon...miserable management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2016
Stingy, ungrateful, underpaid in all areas, feel sorry for these clients whos cases don't get touched or worked on in months or in years on some people. It's ashame theres companies like this who only care about their favorites...its all about who you know in this world not how much work you put into it. Smh
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Overly expensive benefits no breaks short leash robot minded people
Dont Waste Your Time
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 24, 2016
you can work until your knuckles bleed for this company and unless someone in management likes you, your job is not promised no matter how long you have been with them.
Pros
you can learn alot
Cons
no breaks, poor pay, poor management, over worked, poor benefits
Unhappy environment
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2016
I was working in a very unhappy environment. They don't care about the employees, over worked, underpayed, Over your shoulder. I was spoken to about using the bathroom and eating a cracker at my desk. I felt like I was in elementary school all over again. I was hardworking always trying my best but somehow it was never good enough.
you dont want to work here
clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2016
worst company to work for, lots of favoritism, make up rules as they want to, promote from within if you are management favorite, NO BENEFITS..they say they have healthcare but it costs half your monthly paycheck, they say they retirement plan but its the union dues $24 month. the managers at the tampa office is the worst managers I have ever seen or met, no skills in dealing with employees.
RUN for YOUR LIFE DON'T WORK THERE
the office is a constant revolving door, employees stay average 3-6 months. training is horrible.
its a union office, have you ever heard of this
tells that the company is horrible to work for
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Clerk/ Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 11, 2016
A typical day at Binder & Binder would be calling the client and collecting information from clients disabilities and making sure the reps have everything they need for clients hearing date .
Over the time at Binder I have learned to do many different things for my clients as well as the company. For example calling hospital facilities and making sure I have medical records for my client, filing paper, Appealing cases etc. Although I enjoy what I do I can't really say I see myself with the company for many years and the reason of that being said is simply just management. Although I say that there are a couple things I do enjoy about Binder and that would be my co workers even though we struggle we still manage to keep our heads up high and cheer each other on. Overall I do thank the company for giving me an opportunity and trying something different for myself.
Pros
45 min. lunch
Cons
healthcare
Mentally stimulating workplace
Non-Attorney Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 19, 2016
Work was fun and engaging, very mentally challenging. Everyone worked as a team to help each other. Supervising attorney was lax and friendly with an open door policy. Really enjoyed all of the writing projects and learned to deal with angry clients and abrasive judges. Learned to be calm under pressure.
Not a fan
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 28, 2016
The managers were extremely rude and didn't seem to care about you or your questions. There was no room for moving up. If it was a bad day, or snowing, they don't care how dangerous it is as long as you're working for them. Good experience but not a good company to work for.
Pros
Holidays and weekends off
Cons
Management, pay
Terrible place to work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 21, 2016
Binder and Binder is a great place to gain clerical experience but that is about it. Management is a mess and the company in its entirety does not care about their clients or employees. Employees are over worked under payed and greatly unappreciated.
ok place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY 11788July 13, 2016
They pay is ok for entry level. Some of the managers could be a little more relaxed in this place. They are so up tight. You can deffinately tell that there are department tension.
Wide open room with a lot of cubicals
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 11, 2016
A typical day at work was very micro-managed. Most co-workers were decent people. The hardest part of the job was learning all the different documents that we had to send out to the clients and other places.
This company is not a caring company
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 18, 2016
Binder and Binder closed the Bronx office and put a lot of people out of work and this is not the first office this happen at. And management only took people that they knew like relatives and friends that was hired to the other offices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Binder & Binder. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8