Binder And Binder

Binder And Binder Employer Reviews

A learning experience
Non-attorney Representative (Former Employee), Orange, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about social security regulations and how not to operate a business
Cons: 60 hour work weeks, required to travel on weekends for monday assignments, late reimbursement for travel and work expenditures. a painful experience.
Almost everyone who walks through the doors is retained regardless of the legitimacy of the claim. Clients are frequently lost because of inadequate follow-up. Binder has assumed additional roles (Medicare Advantage HMO referral, debit card for SSA payments, etc.) that may be unethical. The environment is poisonous and management plays colleagues off – more... one another. There is no acknowledgment of personal effort or accomplisment - only criticism and greater demands. Pay is poor while expectations are high. No compensation for working nights and weekend - it is expected. Health insurance policy is poor and too expensive for most to afford. Employees are overworked without compensation. Management by threat. Constant stress. The only positives were that I believe we did help some clients and some employees endeavored to make the environment less toxic. – less
Interesting place to work
Caseworker (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2014
Here I basically received experience working in an office environment. I had my own caseload and prepared case for Social Security Disability. I had to make sure all necessary medical records and documents were in the file and keep my case load up to date. I worked with clients to ensure their satisfaction.
Unfair work practices
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: bonus as the end of the year
Cons: unethical labor relations practices
Former employee who learned everything the company had to offer for mid-level management.
Although I was able to learn all the levels to win disability benefits, the management team in NY/Bx was unprofessional, uneducated, gossipers and was unethical.
A lot of work was placed on everyone especially caseworkers but the pressure came from management. – more... They found fault in hard workers and did nothing to those who were slackers.
I was promoted by the owners not the supervisors, because they felt intimidated by my strength, knowledge and leadership skills.
In the NY/BX office upper management walked around all day speaking spanish throughout the office and sleeping around with co-workers or individuals who they supervised.
I thank God for closing that door and leading me in another direction.
Please note: I was passionate about winning the clients their benefits. – less
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYNovember 22, 2013
It was a good place to work at. I learned to control my emotions.
Compensation
Supervisor/Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Orange, CAAugust 12, 2013
There is not much more for advancement in the company and everything is dictated by corporate office in new york
Great place to work in order to help the disabled
Legal Assistant / Caseworker (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2013
Pros: bonuses at the end of the year for a job well done.
Cons: working late and coming in early, sometime with no pay, but to see the client win his or her cases was payment enough.
A typical day at work was mindblowing. That no matter how bad things are, that they can always get worse if we are not careful. Management was very supportive in helping me to learn to system and help those in desperate need. Good to go, but some were handheaded. Making sure that,I did not miss a deadline. Everything is on a time schedule, so you cannot – more... make any mistakes or it would cost the client dearly.
Seeing the client win their claim. – less
Poor morale
Interviewer/Case Manager (Former Employee), DowntownMay 18, 2013
Pros: ohio has a small intimate office, while the tampa office pros, were the location and access to local stores and restaurants.
Cons: no breaks and health care so expensive, few could afford to use it.
Though ranked highest in successful Social Security Disability claims, it was at the risk of rushing clients through necessary assessments and evaluations.
I learned an invaluable amount of information regarding Social Security practice and procedures and the in and outs of pursuing disability.
Co-workers and the majority of management were awesome – more... and a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of my job was not being permitted to spend additional time with more complex cases. Unfortunately we were not permitted to evaluate each individuals situation on a case by case basis. It became a problem.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when clients were awarded their benefits, or some would just call in to say they appreciated the work we did to help. The acknowledgement of a job well done, speaks volumes. – less
Not Advocates!
Case (Former Employee), orangeMay 9, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
One week was all I could bare. The poor people trying to get Assistance!! This company does not provide their employees with adequate wages! The training was really unprofessional and if you want their health insurance plan he ready to pay big! Really bad all around not one good thing g to say!!!! The place I worked at looked like a bunch of young people – more... working there that are willing yo take the extremely low pay!!!! – less
Repetitive work but steady pay and benefits
Info Call Representative (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMay 6, 2013
Care mostly about doing work than employees, its more about how many submits we have than the well-being of the employees
The enjoyable part of the job helping people with disabilities
Medical Evidence Submission (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 14, 2013
Pros: good co - workers
Cons: the union did not help employees in anything
Case workers work very hard with their cases.. even though each case worker have approximately 200 cases each. As well the medical submission the work is always done. Thank's for the hard working people in the company not management.
tons of room for growth with great co workers
Receptionist/clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: personal and professional growth
Cons: low pay and heavy work load
I really love the work environment and my duties, however, I feel that I do more than most and get paid the least.
Horrible place to work
Case worker (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 3, 2013
Cons: low pay, horrible mangement, uneducated, disrespecful and unprofessional staff.
This place is worse than working in a factory. The pay is ridiculously low and there are not benefits what so ever. They offer an option for the worse health insurance at a ridiculous primium and management its just uneducated. They don't even know how to conduct a meeting and there are not performance evaluation or anything. The whole place is just – more... a joke, very poorly managed and the turnover rate is sky high. Very stressful place to work. Stay away from them. – less
Business is run like a plantation
Legal Assistant/Case Worker (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: the idea of being able to help others
Cons: the benefits
I learned a lot about the social security disabiity system and case management. Co-workers were nice but stressed out a lot. Management was okay to work for.
Simply not the best place to work very very stressful
Legal Assistant / Caseworker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2012
Unproductive manager hollering on the floor demanding that you take every call from each client ..
constant threats about write ups when your job proformance is excellent .
basis hireing practices and lack of advancement no job security and a very very high turn over in staff.
Service tegenover de klanten komt op de eerste plaats en de kwaliteit van het geleverde werk is hoog
Fee Supervisor (Former Employee), New YorkApril 12, 2013
Pros: gratis lunches
Elke morgen worden de prioriteiten van de dag vastgesteld om zodoende geen deadlines te missen. Hier heb ik mijn leidinggevende ervaring opgedaan. Er was een goede samenwerking tussen collega's, waardoor er maximale productie geleverd kon worden. De directie was tevreden met het werk en zorgde voor een passende beloning.

About Binder And Binder

We maintain a clear lead in cutting edge technology. Success is nothing new to us! We have been the uncontested leader in the – Read more