Bingham McCutchen LLP

Bingham McCutchen LLP Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with lots of training opportunities
IP Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2014
I started off at Bingham as a legal assistant with the Corporate area and moved around to different areas of the law ending up with the Patent Group. The firm allowed me the opportunity to learn these different areas which provided me with a more overall skill set in regards to legal work. The co-workers have all been there for many years and are friendly – more... and eventually make you feel like you are one big family. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new technical applications and software and also getting to know all different people from all around the world from the many offices they have. – less
Great place to work.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 12, 2013
Bingham is a great place to work and they care about their employees.
Bingham is very diverse and encouraged employees to participate in community activities
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: the firm provided dinner and a cab ride to home when you worked late.
Cons: our paycheck shedule was changed from bi weekly to semi monthly.
I think Bingham was a great place to work. A typical day at work would consist of auditing vendor and expense reimbursements. l
issued rush checks to our satellite offices, assist in payment selection of invoices/expense reimbursement for the check runs.
I learned many procedures such as importing/exporting CAS files, processing the PCard transactions, – more... using Travelex and reconciliation of bank statements.
I managed all of the CAS vendors: P-Ship: UPS: FedEx: including our London office vendors.

All of my former co-workers were a pleasure to work with. We all worked together as a team, the office ran in an efficient manner, as a smooth running machine. The hardest part of the job occurred when management decided to change the check run schedule, instead of weekly check runs it was semi monthly. I had to deal with groves of vendors and employees who were not happy about the terms being changed and had to wait for payment.
I enjoyed the people in general. I felt like they were my family. Bingham always held receptions for all types of events. Retirement of an employee, greeting new attorneys, recognizing diversity groups and employees. – less
Great Law Firm
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 5, 2013
Pros: short work days
Cons: management
Excellent place to work. Great staff. Poor management. Loved the short workday. Did not like the location. Merger made working at Bingham terrible.
Driven, focused and organized law firm with lots to offer
Administration (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 21, 2012
Pros: being a part of an elite growing, law firm; perks and benefits
Cons: frequent reorganization of depts or areas, inequity of staff with attorneys
Bingham invests a lot in technology and has its pulse on the market. Proactively makes changes to benefits or policies based on what is going on around the world. Sense of family has dwindled since multiple mergers have exponentially grown the company, but stablilty, challenging work environment and good benefits keep people on board.
Great workplace and able to find balance between work and life
Clerk (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches during meeting and classes offered, provided childcare (20 times/year) near work location, great health benefits
Typical day organization and continuing work from previous day consisting of phone calls if needed. Grabbing first cup of coffee before actual work started.
If we needed to have some skills brushed up, asked management and tried to schedule either a group session or one on one if available.
Co-workers are great to work with eager to help with any questions, – more... friendly and fun!
Hardest part of the job is when the work tends to slow down and you try to find things to keep you occupied.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the holiday parties provided for the firm! – less
Very enjoyable experience
Records Intern (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 30, 2012
A very fun, enjoyable law firm to work for. I loved having my own office, phone line and email.
My review is one of Support Staff within the Firm.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 27, 2012
Pros: full kitchen usage. stocked with coffee, cream, milk, etc. many parties.
Cons: support staff needs more appreciation.
Overall very nice place to work. Very professional environment. All working space and equipment is relatively new. Centrally located in the downtown Boston district. Easy access to the MBTA.