Bingham McCutchen LLP Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace.
Litigation Secretary (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Employees worked well together.
A typical day would be updating files, coordinating meetings and conference calls, arranging travel itineraries, expense reimbursements, filings with the courts, creating and editing legal documents and letters, opening and closing accounts, coordinating billing invoices with accounting department.
Great place that looked out for their employees
Senior Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 4, 2014
Bingham was a great company to work for they appreciated the work that you did and looked out for you as an individual not a "number". I worked on the IT Help desk and although it was stress full at times I never felt like I was not appreciated in the work that I did
Intersting place while it lasted
Revenue Support & E-Billing Support Analyst (Current Employee), Lexington,KYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible manager
Cons: job security
It was a short lived employment while in Lexington. People were nice enough from all the other offices. Much effort was put into the building to make it an enjoyable place to come to everyday. Shame Bingham could not keep their doors open.
No Comment
Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 23, 2014
No Comment. Worked for a pro-type global services center. Firm was acquired and dissolved prior to the GSC was completely up and running with enough background, attention and experience.
Fun work environment
Analyst (Current Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 22, 2014
The people that I work with every day are fantastic. There are a ton of things that HR does to make every week fun such as: office olympics, luncheons, costume contests, volunteer opportunities, etc. The jobs are not stressful and there is not a lot of work you will have to take home with you.
Before the merger Bingham had one of the best IT Teams ever with only 3 techs
Senior Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great work enviornment, fast paced, always a challenge
Cons: after the merger all routes for growth were cut
With only 3 techs we were given the opportunity to wear many different hats as we had no restrictions and were able to assist with telephony issues, all the way to Active Directory or Network hardware issues. This allowed for us to exceed and excel within IT at a much faster rate since each workday posed as a challenge and new issue to resolve. I learned to be more proactive within this environment and gained much confidence due to the support from my fellow team members, as well as my manager Sarah Williams. I very much enjoyed working in this office and did not wish to leave.
Legal Secretary in the Business & Finance group in Boston, MA office
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 18, 2014
co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was wondering if a lay-off will happen.
Typical law firm
Litigation Secretary (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good people
I had a great job environment working in the Walnut Creek office. Had the benefit of working for a large firm, but working in a smaller office environment.
IT Team Very Capable
IT Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
Employees, from service personnel to attorneys, are a pleasure to work with. Teammates in IT are very capable and fun to work with.
Non Legal Staff Have No Room For Advancement
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: administrative staff were fantastic and friendly. hours were great. benefits were great.
Cons: poor management, greedy partners, too many people at the top and not enough staff handling the day to day functions. no job security.
Non-legal management are terrible to work for. Prime example of "it's not what you know, it's who you know" in order to have advancement opportunities. Upper management lied to the employees regarding job security. Most administrative jobs were sent to Kentucky at a much lower pay scale. This firm cares only about partner compensation and making money. They do not care about individual employees.
Excellent Company to work for
NY/Permanent/Litigation Discovery Specialist (Former Employee), DC, NY, MSAugust 10, 2014
Excellent Company, Excellent Litigation Support Department
A fun and loving place to work. Great co-workers and wonderful management.
Document Production Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: management team and co-workers
Cons: stress level
Managing helpdesk calls with creating and revising document requests from staff and attorneys.
I had to prioritize requests from attorneys who needed their work on a rush basis.
Excellent management team who was their for you to help you minimize the stress in the department.
My co-workers are like family members. We did so much together, (i.e., weddings, partying, funerals) and helped each other in so many ways to make sure no one fail and that we had each other backs.
Hardest part of the job was getting it right the first time when it came to document requests.
Most enjoyable part of my job was my management team and co-workers. The best people to work with and for in the world!
Productive and fun workplace with lots of training opportunities
IP Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2014
I started off at Bingham as a legal assistant with the Corporate area and moved around to different areas of the law ending up with the Patent Group. The firm allowed me the opportunity to learn these different areas which provided me with a more overall skill set in regards to legal work. The co-workers have all been there for many years and are friendly and eventually make you feel like you are one big family. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new technical applications and software and also getting to know all different people from all around the world from the many offices they have.
Great place to work.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 12, 2013
Bingham is a great place to work and they care about their employees.
Bingham is very diverse and encouraged employees to participate in community activities
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: the firm provided dinner and a cab ride to home when you worked late.
Cons: our paycheck shedule was changed from bi weekly to semi monthly.
I think Bingham was a great place to work. A typical day at work would consist of auditing vendor and expense reimbursements. l
issued rush checks to our satellite offices, assist in payment selection of invoices/expense reimbursement for the check runs.
I learned many procedures such as importing/exporting CAS files, processing the PCard transactions, using Travelex and reconciliation of bank statements. – more...
I managed all of the CAS vendors: P-Ship: UPS: FedEx: including our London office vendors.

All of my former co-workers were a pleasure to work with. We all worked together as a team, the office ran in an efficient manner, as a smooth running machine. The hardest part of the job occurred when management decided to change the check run schedule, instead of weekly check runs it was semi monthly. I had to deal with groves of vendors and employees who were not happy about the terms being changed and had to wait for payment.
I enjoyed the people in general. I felt like they were my family. Bingham always held receptions for all types of events. Retirement of an employee, greeting new attorneys, recognizing diversity groups and employees. – less
Great Law Firm
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 5, 2013
Pros: short work days
Cons: management
Excellent place to work. Great staff. Poor management. Loved the short workday. Did not like the location. Merger made working at Bingham terrible.
Driven, focused and organized law firm with lots to offer
Administration (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 21, 2012
Pros: being a part of an elite growing, law firm; perks and benefits
Cons: frequent reorganization of depts or areas, inequity of staff with attorneys
Bingham invests a lot in technology and has its pulse on the market. Proactively makes changes to benefits or policies based on what is going on around the world. Sense of family has dwindled since multiple mergers have exponentially grown the company, but stablilty, challenging work environment and good benefits keep people on board.
Great workplace and able to find balance between work and life
Clerk (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches during meeting and classes offered, provided childcare (20 times/year) near work location, great health benefits
Typical day organization and continuing work from previous day consisting of phone calls if needed. Grabbing first cup of coffee before actual work started.
If we needed to have some skills brushed up, asked management and tried to schedule either a group session or one on one if available.
Co-workers are great to work with eager to help with any questions, friendly and fun!
Hardest part of the job is when the work tends to slow down and you try to find things to keep you occupied.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the holiday parties provided for the firm!
Very enjoyable experience
Records Intern (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 30, 2012
A very fun, enjoyable law firm to work for. I loved having my own office, phone line and email.
My review is one of Support Staff within the Firm.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 27, 2012
Pros: full kitchen usage. stocked with coffee, cream, milk, etc. many parties.
Cons: support staff needs more appreciation.
Overall very nice place to work. Very professional environment. All working space and equipment is relatively new. Centrally located in the downtown Boston district. Easy access to the MBTA.