Bingham Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

not friendly staff members from the new person side
front office (Former Employee) –  Bingham Memorial hospitalMay 18, 2015
Started out great. was ask to take a job at front desk. was sent to several locations. most with no training. after 6 weeks as taken back for a review. was told that I was great to work with, did a good job, was always on time, was a fast learner. got the different soft ware applications. But they had to consider everyone. and I just wasn't a good fit for them. The only thing left out is that I am older than the rest of the front office staff.
Awesome place to work.
Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDMarch 26, 2015
I have never enjoyed working at a place so much. My bosses, the CEO and COO were the best bosses I ever had. I am so sad that I have to move from the area, because it was the best place I have ever worked. This hospital really cares about its patients and goes the extra mile to assure quality. I trust my life with the place.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits, tax-free meal cards
one of the best places I have worked at
Engineering lead technician (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDAugust 11, 2014
First I get the men planned on the days agenda,do rounds of buildings and check heating and cooling systems. i think what i've learned most at Bingham is compassion for the patients,with management I try to see the hospital through their eyes which sometimes it is difficult but I do understand.My crew is one of the best hard working and loyal to the hospital.The hardest part of my job is getting parts for equipment at times.the most enjoyable is the people, the other employees and making people smile
Pros
family comes first
Cons
not enough men to do the job to my satifaction
Ok place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDApril 8, 2014
Hard work which I enjoyed, didn't enjoy the lack of support form superiors. Was hard to schedule time off when needed. Too many politics.
Fun loving, upbeat, positive work atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IdahoMarch 13, 2014
Work with fun loving, compassionate people. Labor and delivery is a fast past exciting department. Giving care to ante partum, labor and post partum mothers. Responsible for "catching" and then assessing newborns. Great satisfaction in assisting bringing new life into the world. Most experiences are very positive.
Unpredictable work schedule with no guarantee of hours.
Pros
healthcare, coworkers
fast pace, active and fun environment.
ER CLERK (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDFebruary 23, 2014
I take care of greeting and welcoming the patient into the ER. I handle the initial paperwork and then help with patient care and vitals if needed. I triage patients as they walk in. After they leave I take care of the chart in breaking it down and sending it to their appropriate locations. While doing this I am answering phones, sending patients to the right locations, faxing information and calling other facilities regarding patient care. I enter and update patient information in the computer.
Pros
vast medical growth, and expsure
Some very good Doctors
clinic assistant (Former Employee) –  BlackfootDecember 22, 2013
I enjoyed the doctors that work there, some of them are very talented. Management is difficult to say the least. Often, it's like walking into a war zone. It doesn't matter how hard you work, it's never good enough. They set employees and doctors up for failure way too often. If you don't "refer" patient's to their services, your in trouble even if the services else where are more appropriate. They don't promote continuation of care, unless it is their service. VERY expensive for services. Patient care is not the top priority....money is. Sad
Pros
some of the doctors
Cons
hostile work enviroment, low wage, poor insurance
Meeting the wonderful employees that I got to work with day to day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDDecember 4, 2013
A typical day at work was good, it was the ideal job career I was looking for. I learned so much working at that facility that I put all of the information into a binder so i could refer to specific information that pertained to that day. Management was a joke. Got along with most all of my co-workers, most all the girls had a heart of gold. Hardest part of the job was understanding what they wanted from their employees. At one point I did everything right and the next thing i knew i was supposedly doing everything wrong, but I supposedly did my job exceedingly well for three weeks into employment.
Pros
having such a neat experience in the job field
Cons
people that thought they owned the establishment and got rid of the good hard workers
Bingham Memorial is a place where you can continuously learn.
Café supervisor/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDOctober 20, 2013
I have worked at Bingham Memorial Hospital since 2007. I have learned a great many things since my first day working there. I am grateful for the experience and knowledge I have gained working there.
Productive and challenging
IT Helpdesk Associate (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDAugust 27, 2013
Typical day at work is spent working on HelpDesk tickets, answering phone's, solving computer issue's remotely and in the field. My co-workers are great, easy to get along with and knowledgeable!

The most enjoyable part of my job is that it is challenging at times. I come across some issues that takes me a while to figure out a solution, it's such a great feeling of excitement and accomplishment when I finally resolve the issue. This is also where I learned that at times you have to step away from an issue for the solution to come to you.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
pay could be better
Good management and great place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDMarch 6, 2013
I liked working there there was a great team of cna's who all worked together.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks, long shifts
all business and no patient care
RN (Former Employee) –  blackfoot idahoJanuary 5, 2013
this review is for the skilled nursing and rehab center of the hospital only, RUN dont walk away from this job offer. Management is hostile towards staff and has no interest in patient care but only in protecting their jobs, As a registered nurse, I was embarrassed to call my self a care giver while working for this management team.
Pros
free lunch, good benifits
Cons
working with a management team that has no morals

Comment – April 30, 2013

I found the management team very professional and felt they treated everyone very fairly. All staff are held accountable and expected to provide the very best care to residents - because of that the standard of care improved a lot. It is wonderful to work with people who really care about the residents, families and staff. It was a great experience and a very pleasant place to work. Everyone from the top down work well together!

small hospital 28 beds good doctors ,but they don't stay long
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDSeptember 3, 2012
I work as a float. A day for me.. starts finding where i'm working . could be in Pocy, Idaho Falls, or Blackfoot. The Doctors i have worked with are great. so i enjoy that part. i like working in orthopedic
two of the best surgions i have ever worked with. So a day could be from casting,removal of staples or stitches to giving shots. coworker are great. And good team players. As for management they don't have a clue. The most enjoyable is working wit some great Doctors.
Pros
being a float my time is more flexable.
Cons
in the same as a float if they don;t need you .. that means not enough hours.
Hospital needs new management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDJune 21, 2012
Working with the patients is great but the environment of fear from the employees towards management makes it hard to work here
Pros
great doctors
Cons
bad management
learning ability
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot IdahoMay 17, 2012
help out residents with daily needs feed and clean and bathed them.
fun and productive workplace
student medical coder (Former Employee) –  Medical RecordsMarch 11, 2012
great place to work and fun friendly employeess, great place for students to learn, willing to teach students.
Pros
incentives
Cons
nothing