Binghamton University

Binghamton University Employee Reviews

Having productive interns and amazing working atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 2, 2016
Basically, this internship taught me how to communicate with the colleagues in an office and how to make a division of labour among others. Also, I can state that I improved the sense of responsibility by taking care of given task and handing that task in on time.
Awesome Learning Evironment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYMay 2, 2016
Friendly, engaging, overall great place to be.
Learned hands on tasks, co-workers are readily available to help. Easy to reschedule.
Graduate Assistant
Marketing & Development Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 21, 2016
Great work life balance as bosses understand you are a student too. However, most of the people you are working with grew up in Binghamton and just never left.... not much on the change side of things.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Doesn't like change. Also cross department communication is awful.
Nice place to gain experiences and make friends
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 7, 2016
I am a private tutor for the EOP program which I would get students assigned to me, and I would get to schedule with my students for tutoring session.
Good Research Facility
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 21, 2016
Intense Academic Research carried out with the partnership of local industries.
A good school for Engineering and Science Degrees.
Relaxing and accepting environment
Student Athlete Success Center (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 2, 2016
I work among my peers helping with any tasks presented to me. I typically deal with signing students in and out of study hall and I am responsible for upkeep and overseeing of the facility. Normally I work by myself, but occasionally I am assigned to work another employee when working later shifts. The hardest part of my job is balancing friendships. I am able to maintain these relationship because I know it is necessary to set certain boundaries when it comes to the work place. The most enjoyable part of my job is the relaxed atmosphere, I never feel uncomfortable approaching any situation.
Public Safety Officer
Campus Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Binghamton UniversityFebruary 3, 2016
Police Duties on campus. Documenting criminal and assistance provided as a uniformed Campus Public Safety Officer. Security for students and property of NYS.
Pros
Career Advancement - Pleasant Work Environment
Cons
Schedule
Not much money but a valuable experience
Grader/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYDecember 30, 2015
I would recommend this position to anyone currently enrolled. I learned a lot. There is often a lot of work to do, but if you manage your time it is very doable and you'll get a helpful little bit of cash.
It is always productive and interesting to work with other people
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2015
It is a good place to work at as I keep on learning everyday. Lots of people from different countries hence interesting to learn from each other.
Pros
free food sometime
Great Co-workers but no room for advancment
Director (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 9, 2015
Not much room for advancement and poor management. Type of organization that would rather hire from outside then promote from within. Most managers have no management experience and this is part of the problem with job advancement. Also lots of hiring based on who you know not on your skill set.
Pros
Vacation and Sick leave
Cons
Mangement
Excellent Opportunity
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYOctober 4, 2015
Being a teacher's assistant at Binghamton UNiversity was a great opportunity for me to learn the inner workings of the university through the eyes of a teacher as well as prepare me jobs involving interaction individuals needing guidance or assistance.
Enjoyable work environment.
Masonry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYOctober 4, 2015
The work was very enjoyable and meaningful for myself. The pay and benefits were second to none. The flexible work schedule was also very good.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Very difficult to land a permanent position.
Good place for learning
student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2015
Good university for international students in education but with limited number of opportunities for full time job search.
N/a
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYSeptember 22, 2015
The University provided a safe and welcoming environment for its employees to work and engage with peers and supervisors.
Great University
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYSeptember 16, 2015
I worked in the Bioengineering Department at BU as support staff and research associate. The university provides opportunity for personal growth. I ejnoyed working alongside friendly people.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Great place to work for students
Binghamton University Call Center (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYAugust 13, 2015
There's no such thing as a typical day work at the call center; It all depends on the day. Some days are slow some are super crazy.
Decent Temporary Job
Office Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYAugust 3, 2015
Binghamton University is a decent job. But, it wasn't for me.

The job itself was easy. General bank teller duties and records.
The reason why I did not stay long is because I took a large pay cut, along with having to pay to park, and as the school year progressed, the working hours diminished.

During my time there, I assisted students with setting up their food meal accounts, and their BUC$ accounts for their first semester. I kept a log with what students came in and how much money they put onto each account.
Pros
Relaxing, easy job.
Cons
Diminishing hours, low pay
Productive work place and its really good to work there...
Research Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
Really a good place to work at and most of the time I have done research work on the super capacitor cars and you can learn a lot from this job.
Pros
Free food
Friendly, Helpful, Supportive
Harpur Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 15, 2015
The faculty and staff in the Harpur Academic Advising Office at Binghamton University are nothing short of the best. Friendly, helpful, supportive , team environment. Always willing to go the extra mile for students and truly care about them.
Course Assistant
CA for Programming Concepts and Applications (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
Worked as a course assistant. Conducted weekly labs, held weekly office hours and also graded homeworks and projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students understand concepts. The hardest part is when students don't understand them

4.5