Binghamton University Employee Reviews

Decent Temporary Job
Office Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee), Vestal, NYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Relaxing, easy job.
Cons: Diminishing hours, low pay
Binghamton University is a decent job. But, it wasn't for me.

The job itself was easy. General bank teller duties and records.
The reason why I did not stay long is because I took a large pay cut, along with having to pay to park, and as the school year progressed, the working hours diminished.

During my time there, I assisted students with setting up their food meal accounts, and their BUC$ accounts for their first semester. I kept a log with what students came in and how much money they put onto each account.
Productive work place and its really good to work there...
Research Helper (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Free food
Really a good place to work at and most of the time I have done research work on the super capacitor cars and you can learn a lot from this job.
Friendly, Helpful, Supportive
Harpur Peer Advisor (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYJune 15, 2015
The faculty and staff in the Harpur Academic Advising Office at Binghamton University are nothing short of the best. Friendly, helpful, supportive , team environment. Always willing to go the extra mile for students and truly care about them.
Course Assistant
CA for Programming Concepts and Applications (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2015
Worked as a course assistant. Conducted weekly labs, held weekly office hours and also graded homeworks and projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students understand concepts. The hardest part is when students don't understand them
mess up move up
carpenter (Former Employee), Vestal, NYMay 21, 2015
Management is lost. money is wasted. employees are lazy. lack of supervision and direction. they are all about the money.
Great Research exposure
Student Bio-medical Researcher (Former Employee), Vestal, NYMay 9, 2015
Typically 9-5 with creative flexibility and professor support. Hands on experiments and experience with trusted and competent graduate students and professors. Waiting for results can take hours yet you are then allowed to research extra information to help guide yoru experiments.
A Good Place to Work
Undergraduate Adviser (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYApril 21, 2015
The university is a good place to work overall, with great coworkers and enjoyable interactions with students on a daily basis.
Friendly professors and students
Project Analyst and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: Environment
Cons: None
Assisted Professor Sumantra Sarkar with student attendance, assignments in the undergraduate course of Information System and Application
Held regular office hours per week to communicate with student about assignment and projects
Collaborated with other 5 TAs with quiz and exam questions.
Manager of the Student Union
Student Manager (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good hours, good college pay
Cons: Uncomfortable chair and loud individuals
Responsible for the day to day regulation of the various functions of the university union. These included scheduling meeting rooms, special events and campus organization functions.
I was also responsible for the help desk that functioned as an in-person aid, as well as a telephone help service.
Good place to do your study and research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYMarch 18, 2015
The teachers and professors are nice and patient.
the campus is beautiful.
But the courses is kinds of limited because of more and more students enrolled.
Educational and fun
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Vestal, NYMarch 9, 2015
Binghamton University was a challenging educational experience. Professors challenged me everyday and made me the person I am today.
Excellent place to work
Associate Director (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits and sense of direction and common goals
Excellent place to work. Department had goals and sense of purpose which was in-line with VP's and President's goals.
Wasn't the case with all departments, but most, from what I saw.
Good working here
Student Research Work (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYFebruary 22, 2015
As a graduate student working in this university is quiet interesting.
University is the best school for the STEM courses and studying in this college is really good.
fun environment with a little bit too much bad mouthing
Graduate Assistant of Internal Operations (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: build your own schedule
Cons: a lot of weekend hours
overall working in Athletics at Binghamton is fun and enjoyable. Most jobs can be challenging and the staff is always willing to help. The only down side is that the culture seems to be that after you ask for help that person may belittle you to others. If you have tough skin you'll be fine, as done of it truly hurtful, just childish at times.
Speaking confidently with people of diverse culture
Research Assistantship (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches worth $8.00 per day of work
As this job being part time as a cashier, a typical work day starts with the counting of input money into the register and taking bills from customer and provide them whatever is their order.
Average Pay
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), 4400 parkwayJanuary 23, 2015
Binghamton is a cold place in the winter and a small city. Since it is a state university, its funds are not very enough. It need more donation.
A place to learn new things
Painter (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: 30 minute lunches
Everyday was different while working here. Some days the work would be easy and simple, while other days there was one specific room that was hard and very time consuming. I learned how to patch walls, ceilings, and paint while working here. The supervisors were great, they always checked in on you to make sure you were working but they would also talk to you to see how you were doing. The hardest part about this job was learning how to do everything right. I was completely inexperienced when I started, but they make sure to teach you exactly how to do everything. The best part about working here was the sense of community. You worked with a lot of the same people, so everyone would talk to each other and ask how they were doing.
Such an amazing job
Orientation Advisor (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYNovember 4, 2014
This job was so rewarding and fun. I spent a lot of time with people that were excited about starting their life at Binghamton and who were interested in becoming involved. I really just enjoyed every part of this job.
Such an amazing job