Binghamton University Employee Reviews

Good job to have as a college student
Physical Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
This job was a wonderful opportunity to have while on summer breaks from college. The pay was very good, especially for a college student and the hours were always the same
Student (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYAugust 2, 2017
The atmosphere and culture is just perfect. The internships have provided me with experience, knowledge, and leadership. Many resources are available for growth and guidance.
Binghamton Universtiy
SASC Calculus Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYAugust 2, 2017
Binghamton's a great school that provides very rigorous courses to challenge their students. It has a great campus life in and out of academics as well.
Bad place with people sleep all night on the job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 27, 2017
The only good thing was the pay and paid vacation and sick time and personal days and the benefits were good. The job its self I love it . It was the management, people slept on the job drink and one person even brought a gun to work NOT A GOOD PLACE.
Pros
benefits great
Cons
Bad management
Work in teams. learn new skills
Senior Programer analyst (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 20, 2017
A typical day consists of working within a team and solo time.
What you learn goal is to learn some thing new every day.
Management is helpful and supportive.
The workplace culture is one where we all contribute and have fun each day.
The hardest part of the job is time restraints.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Free lunch would be really nice
Cons
Healthcare coverage
Great place, great people
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJuly 11, 2017
Perfect environment for advancing knowledge and college instruction. Freedom to design classes and coursework, opportunities for advancement were available, and faculty interaction was helpful.
My favorite school!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 9, 2017
I was a students and intern at Binghamton University. I loved my time their and loved what I learned. Being and intern was a great experience and gave me a lot of insight on working with the student population.
Not much vision or purpose
Assistant Director, ITS/Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 7, 2017
Overall vision and direction from management is poor. Managers are not trained to be managers and although sometimes technically competent they rarely have good people skills. Benefits are good and work schedule is somewhat flexible.
Pros
Good benefits and schedules
Cons
Poor management
Great university
Visiting Scholar (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYJune 22, 2017
A great place to live and work. Students are terrific. Colleagues are generous and kind. A wonderful place to raise a family. I can't think of anything else to say.
Usual Summer Job
Maintenance Janitor (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJune 1, 2017
Nothing beyond the ordinary to expect. My bosses ranged from friendly and happy people to grumpy hard workers. I was paid on time and respected as an employee.
Good coworkers and work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Center for Learning and TeachingMay 30, 2017
Great coworkers and a positive work environment with lots of assistance when necessary and manageable chores/duties that are productive for the center in general.
Great Experience as a teaching Assistant
Economics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 4, 2017
The school did a great job in preparing me for the teaching role and my personal supervisor played an active role in ensuring hat I understood the daily roles and routines. I taught 2 class sessions and was responsible for the grades of 80 students and held office hours and extra discussions to ensure that the students understood the tops being taught. I posted grades promptly to ensure that students were aware of their standing at the current time.
Pros
Loved sitting on the other side of the teaching environment
Cons
Nothing to complain about
Binghamton University
Transcript Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMay 1, 2017
Binghamton University was an exceptional institution to work with. The connections I made and the experience I gained will stay with me in my future careers.
Isolated work place for grad students -
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
While I was grateful for the opportunity, I believe the work that was offered was of little real interest to administration. Still, my own experience there was positive, and I truly enjoyed working with undergraduate students. In a typical day I met with 3-4 individual students to advise them on their current writing projects and plan a more detailed essay with advanced sentence structure. The students elevated enthusiasm was my richest reward! The fact that such a position was available showed the intent of senior management to be on higher levels of interest for all students.
Pros
Increased personal level of involvement with my own schooling, and appreciation of newly arrived students.
Cons
Lack of any sense of achieving directive due to lack of supervision.
Friendly and Healthy Atmosphere that allows for me to positively impact others
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 8, 2017
As a Resident Assistant, I have been able to positively impact my residents college experiences and lives. As an RA, I am able to be a mentor both academically and socially. My residents and I create a community in which we feel safe, welcomed, and at home. Our "Penthouse" fosters growth in all aspects of learning and development. The hardest part of the job is shutting off residents' emotional struggles, for I have seen many real life issues. The best part of being an RA is watching students evolve and better themselves. It is an unbelievable blessing to watch this take place.
Pros
changing lives; witnessing growth; creating family; mentoring
Cons
Emotional; full-time; need to keep a clear line between friendship and professionalism
Great Learning Environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  School of ManagementMarch 26, 2017
Binghamton University provides multiple locations and opportunities for students to excel academically, such as tutoring session and study lounges. The staff are helpful and would like to see students succeed.
Pros
Good Food
Cons
Cold Weather
Productive work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 22, 2017
My typical day at work is prep food, see if there's anything that my station needs, help my co-worker if he/she needs it and then we have a mini meeting saying what is served then I go to my station and work. I've learned the correct temperatures that food should be. I've also learned how to be efficient and to have the best quality in customer service.
Pros
One free meal, working with others
Cons
It gets real busy at BU
Great management and healthy environment
Instructional Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 6, 2017
I had a great experience working there. Binghamton itself was a dreary place to live, but the University was a bright point. I worked in the Chemistry Department.
okay
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 4, 2017
 Tutor students ages 18-23 privately throughout the school year, primarily in Statistics and Accounting, by helping the students with homework assignment and explaining concepts to facilitate and increase comprehension of materials
 Guide students in learning the materials by going over the problems and aid students in approaching each topic by demonstrating the skills used to solve problems
Good university, need opportunities near by
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 26, 2017
Good university, need opportunities near by.
Good research facility in the university for computer science and related. Well established facility and welcoming professors but consider location as an university town.